[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What are the ancient Biblical deities?

https://www.haaretz.com/amp/archaeology/.premium.MAGAZINE-israelites-in-biblical-dan-worshipped-idols-and-yahweh-too-1.6612851
>>
El
Baal
Ester/ishtar
Yam
Ashera
Shalem
Sha-har
Ashteret
Anat
Mot
>>
But what were they? Aliens?Spirits?
>>
File: e3f.jpg (60 KB, 600x1025)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>22026631
Demons probably
>>
>>22026726
Amber lamps!!
>>
>>22026726
Even El?
>>
>>22026631
Those who from Heaven to Earth came.
>>
>>22026593
Fallen angels

33 percent of them came down

33 million gods in Hinduism?

They are high dimensional fixtures that left their post to interact with humans due to our enticing novelty

God, the father, is invisible and beyond all. Christ is the point of oneness and light. They are hardly "entities", but more like conscious physical features of existence

The angels became the gods after transfigurating on top the mountain....

They came down to "liberate" us, while we worked for them and became slaves as they enjoyed the fine fruits of this life. Even tried to mix in with us in different ways so that they can inherit what God had planned for us
>>
>>22026879
They werent satisfied being Angels?
>>
Bump
>>
Bamp?
>>
>>22026631

Well these :

>>22026602

are all planets silly
>>
>>22026937
Probably less dense, the lack of binds while liberating from binds is a novel feeling only possible within dense forms.
>>
>>22026593
I used to hate Cara but I can't get over how cute she is :3
>>
>>22026593
Israelite's didn't worship any idols, and those who did were destroyed or given a chance to apologize to the LORD.
>>
>>22028002
she is a gay of belief and will never get an offspring trough natural way, you should consider what she is instead of her appearance :(
i'm a man btw and had the same opinion as yours
>>
>>22028002
I'd like to shrink myself and nuzzle up in one of her eyebrows, looks comfy.
>>
>>22026879
>muh bible
>muh cherry picking
>muh total lack of knowledge
>>
>>22028040
Enlighten us then Einstein?
>>
>>22028009
Read the link Nimrod
>>
Cara is the girl I want to hate fuck so bad
>>
>>22026602
Who is Sha Har???
>>
File: all of the gods 3.jpg (105 KB, 985x463)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>22026593
>>
>>22028775
This is cool anon! Thank you
>>
>>22028040
just ignore him. He makes threads asking Biblical questions and gets angry at anyone that answers at face value. He wants to be edgy.
>>
>>22028680
Sha-har or "שחר" translates from hebrew as "dawn" is unironically the god/goddess (different translations) of dawn. The planet associated with him/her is venus. Sha-har is a common name among jewish boys.

His twin brother is Sha-lem which translates from hebrew as "whole". He is the god of sunset and they are both half-gods or nephillim as they are the sons of EL who had sex with a woman (((christianity))).

It's interesting you asked about him because the king of Babylon saw himself as an offspring of Sha-har and his name was translated into the vulgate as : "Lucifer" which in later Christianity became known as the anti-christ.

This information is based on the Canaanite and Babylonian mythologies,we are talking ancient,ancient stuff here,long before the bible was written.
So because you asked about him I'll tell you this :

This is the real story of christ,the jewish/canaanite/Christian god "EL" made love with an ordinary woman (((mary))) but what is hidden in the bible is that he had 2 children,opposite twins who represent duality and the magnetic universe we live in.
Sha-lem = Jesus
Sha-har = Lucifer or "the goddess" in some elite circles.

Anything specific you want to know?
>>
>>22028886
Based anon! Do these beings have horns? Which one is closest to Astaroth? Who is Milcom?
>>
>>22028886
What was Azazel? How many Heavens are there? Why are Groves sacred to many of the gods and goddesses of Canaan? Please provide some based knowledge anon.
>>
File: nemyth82.jpg (62 KB, 428x890)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>22028886
Btw jerusalem is called after Sha-lem
Jeru Sha Lem.

>>22028937
>Do these beings have horns?

Pic is baal,no they are not usually depicted as horned entites. Much like in the greek mythology the gods of the canaanite pantheon are usually depicted as humans but with very /x/ qualities(lion's head and such). The only god i know who had horns there was molech - מולך - ruler.

But it's debatable that he even was a god or an entity,too little actual evidence. Some translations suggest that because sacrificing kids is usually written "molech's work/ritual" or "rulers work/ritual" it is actually referring to a thing being done and not the entity it is done for.

>Which one is closest to Astaroth?

Ester/astarte (canaanite)
Ishtar (Babylonian)
Afrodita (Greek)
Venus (Roman)
These 4 all correspond.

>Who is milcom?

Milcom - מלכם - "their king" is the main god of the people of ammon. They used to live in the area of canaan long ago. Milcom and Molech are probably the same god because the people of ammon were known to sacrifice children for their gods.
Milcom or molech demands sacrifice and there are a few levels of sacrifice, the highest one being to sacrifice your own son,he who does this was considered a saint in ammon.

>>22029033
>What was Azazel?

That depends,the old testament mentions it as a geographic place,sometimes associated with hell, In fact in modern hebrew if you tell someone "go to azazel" it makes sense and translates as "go to hell". There is a jewish tradition called "sa-eer le azazel" which translates to English as "scapegoat" where instead of sacrificing a goat,they send him into the desert to wander.

Now in every other book besides the old testament,like in the book of Enoch for example "Azazel" is one of the fallen angels of god who came down to mate with earthly women. It is said in the "midrash" that he tought women about cosmetics,jewels,and beauty, while teaching the men how to make weapons and technology.

Cont
>>
>>22029246
I'm enjoying your responses immensely anon. Can I shoot a few more at you?

After you complete your continued? This is good stuff.
>>
>>22026593
https://youtu.be/188oWDEAQLE
>>
File: image.jpg (448 KB, 1583x2048)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>22026593
Many are the angels who rebelled.
Some are probably demons, the souls of the angel-human hybrid Nephilim.

They are on the losing side, so it would be in your best interest not to join them.

If you want to learn more, L.A. Marzulli has a lot of good info. Some of it is on YT.
>>
File: image.jpg (415 KB, 1583x2048)
415 KB
415 KB JPG
>>22028040
>Muh Scientism!
>>
>>22028009
You... do know almost all Israelites were punished, right? Well, that's what it looked like. Wars, multiple famines, cannibalism, just to name a few of the misfortunes...
>>
>>22029366
>L.A. Marzulli has a lot of good info.
You tool, he's making shit up. Riding the gullibles wave like a champ.

United States Special Forces killed a giant in Kandahar in 2002, and the government is trying to cover it up.

Current interest in the story appears to have been generated from a video created by L.A. Marzulli, an author, blogger and filmmaker determined to link modern times with biblical creatures and prophecies. On 13 August 2016, he posted an episode on YouTube of his series, Watchers, in which he claims to interview a military contractor or soldier who witnessed the blade-wielding “Giant of Kandahar” kill another soldier before being downed by troops, whisked away by a transport aircraft and hidden away from public view.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/u-s-special-forces-killed-a-giant-in-kandahar/
>>
>>22026593
I wonder which god was the friendliest towards gays.
So far it looks like the gays needed to run to Egypt because they're the only people in that area that didn't kill gay people, that I know of.
>>
File: image.jpg (545 KB, 1583x2048)
545 KB
545 KB JPG
>>22026744
No. That refers to God, big "g", not god, little "g".

The original G-O-D created everything that exists. He has always existed, therefore is inherently different from all creation.

We have a hard time thinking about it because we have a beginning. Before that, we didn't exist, so we assume everyone has this trait.

God doesn't, hence His statement and name, I Am.

Free will was given and rebellion is an inherent danger.
Satan rebelled and conned Adam into rebellion as well.

The solution is Jesus.

It is involved and requires YOU to study the bible if you want to know more.
Learn the Bible in 24 Hours by Chuck Missler is a great start.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 550x706)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>>22029405
>Snopes
>>
>>22029413
Who cares?
Marzulli is a con man
>>
>>22029409
Chuck is based I will give you that
>>
>>22029451
>Chuck is based
The guy is a charlatan, retard.
>>
>>22029484
Literally...kys. not metaphorically but in actuality neck yourself.
>>
>>22029499
You dumb fuck.

>A Los Angeles Times article reported that Missler and co-author Hal Lindsey had plagiarized a portion of Miami University Professor Edwin Yamauchi's 1982 book Foes from the Northern Frontier in their own 1992 book The Magog Factor. Hal Lindsey's manager Paul Krikac said Missler had written the passages in question, but conceded that Lindsey is responsible for the overall manuscript: "His (Lindsey's) butt is on the line."[14] After the missed attribution was acknowledged by Missler,[15] book shipments to bookstores were discontinued and all of the authors' proceeds donated to a ministry.[16]

>Missler has also been accused of plagiarism of New Age writer Michael Talbot's 1992 book The Holographic Universe in his 1999 book Cosmic Codes: Messages from the Edge of Eternity.[17] Missler has also acknowledged this plagiarism and has since publicly apologized. He said a correction would be inserted in all unsold copies and the book itself updated in subsequent printings. Missler has donated all of the author's proceeds from the book to a ministry.[18] [15]

>b-but he said he was sorry and donated after he got busted TWICE
Based retard.
>>
>>22029521
typical, christcucks are all talk no integrity
>>
>>22029521
You cum duck.

Swallow a cup full of tacks
>>
>>22029558
Fuck off, Chuck.
>>
File: Azazel.jpg (147 KB, 640x566)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>22029246
>>
>>22029647
More advanced race of man from Atlantis, not gods, angels and fallen angels.
>>
>>22029574
Good luck shmuck. Ur a cuck
>>
File: KAWK.png (83 KB, 884x1428)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
>>22029647
>Kokabel
>>
File: arad-temple.jpg (50 KB, 601x345)
50 KB
50 KB JPG
>>22026593
>>22026631

They were general single/dual purpose dieties under the 'canaanite pantheon'.

>>22026744
Yes. El is both a singluar diety, basically the Canaanite equiv. to the Greek Chronos, and father of many dieties. Bear in mind details below.

>>22028009
Yes, Israelite did use idols [hebrew 'teraphim'], which were clay statuettes. Bear in mind that Israelites were citizens of the kingdom of israel, and not the mythical ethnic group/ mythical united kingdom people.

The people of the souther kingdom of juda, with it's capital of jerusalem, worshipped a different god who's name is YHVH, and is impossible to pronounce right because hebrew didn't have vowels until around 800AD.

The two kingdoms worshipped different gods, which were blended together due to a refugee crisis under the reign of hezekiah [like 700bc], wherein israelites went south to escape assyrians and mostly subplanted the local yahwist religion with elohist customs. The Judaites themselves got their religion by blending native canaanite customs with the diety of the nomadic shasu tribes - as we can see from the Kadesh stele relic.

The first 5 books of the bible weren't fully complete until around 350BC, over 250 years after the temple at jerusalem was destroyed, and were composed of at least 4 sources; the yahwist, the elohist, a northern isralite priest, and a royl historian called the dueteronomist by scholars. The religion of yahwist is almost a total mystery save for a the heavily edited books of Genesis, Exodus and Numbers. The only law native to the yahwist was Ex.20-23. The entirey of leviticus is total foreign to old yahwism.

one cool thing has been the finding of asherah teraphim throughout jerusalem and juda, but they are totally void in the former borders of israel. Most scholars accept that due to this, and the Tel Arab dual altars, that YHVH had a wife known as Asherah or Annit [according the elephantine papyrii].

Real biblical history is archaeological, not religious.
>>
>>22030189
>The religion of yahwist is almost a total mystery save for a the heavily edited books of Genesis, Exodus and Numbers. The only law native to the yahwist was Ex.20-23. The entirey of leviticus is total foreign to old yahwism.

That sounds like someone who's squirming because they might be forced to admit the Bible is right.
>>
>>22030189
>Yes. El is both a singluar diety, basically the Canaanite equiv. to the Greek Chronos, and father of many dieties.
in the Ugaritic texts, ʾil mlk is understood to mean "Ēl the King"
king of atlantis
>>
why do you think Solon was told this story?
>>
>>22029735
A Watcher
>>
File: img_20131114_150618.jpg (1.4 MB, 1272x2048)
1.4 MB
1.4 MB JPG
>>22030199
The bible was composed in it's last form around 350BC, and is a blend of mythology, political propaganda, with some history-flavored stories thrown in. It's not literally true, it's not divine, now turn off your computer.

>>22030214
The Ugaritic texts deal with the Kings of Ugarit, and it's religion. The word 'il mlk' could mean 'The Lord [is] King' , "the Lord [our] King, or even 'El, the King.'

Because Hebrew/Canaanite/Ugaritic lacks a vowel structure, and sentence formating was flexible depending on when it was written, and if the writer was being poetic or not, it's almost impossible to say for sure what most things say. What is certain is that Ugarit had nothing to do with the mythical atlantis.

pictured is the mesha stele.
>>
>>22030246
>It's not literally true, it's not divine, now turn off your computer.

lol! Dumb atheist.
>>
>>22030246
>Ugarit had nothing to do with the mythical atlantis.
right but still, their mythology was related, the same as all the others in the area and around the mediterranean sea.
>>
>>22026593
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Deities_in_the_Hebrew_Bible
>>
>>22030246
All respect a on but there is much in archeology and non biblical texts to suggest much of the Bible is accurate. All? I can't say at this time, but its far from rubbish...
>>
File: Hadad.png (657 KB, 800x958)
657 KB
657 KB PNG
Hadad
Hadad (Ugaritic: Haddu), Adad, Haddad (Akkadian) or Iškur (Sumerian) was the storm and rain god in the Northwest Semitic and ancient Mesopotamian religions.
Symbol : Thunderbolt, Bull, Lion

In some places, especially in Psalm 29, Yahweh is clearly envisioned as a storm god, something not true of Ēl so far as we know (although true of his son, Ba'al Hadad). It is Yahweh who is prophesied to one day battle Leviathan the serpent, and slay the dragon in the sea in Isaiah 27:1. The slaying of the serpent in myth is a deed attributed to both Ba’al Hadad and ‘Anat in the Ugaritic texts, but not to Ēl.

who else have a storm god? etc... they were all recycling the same old stories.
>>
>>22030248
Actually I'm Jewish. Put down the bible, and go read harry potter.
>>
>>22030302
Can you discuss the Divine Council? Psalms states Yahweh heads it as if he is in charge. He threatens to judge the lesser gods for being unjust...
>>
>>22030305
Kys and fuck off out of this thread. You're shitting it up.
>>
>>22029246
Cont

Now in every other book besides the old testament,like in the book of Enoch for example "Azazel" is one of the fallen angels of god who came down to mate with earthly women. It is said in the "midrash" that he tought women about cosmetics,jewels,and beauty, while teaching the men how to make weapons and technology.

Some other midrashim claim that he wasn't only mating with women but also with men and kids. EL didn't like it so he decided to hit the world with a flood,killing most nephillim offsprings,he punished Azazel by changing his name from "Aza-El" to "Azazel" and locking him in a cave.
Im going to sleep now im really tired,I'll reply some more tomorrow if the theard is still alive.
>>
>>22030302
You mean enki if you’re talking Summerian
>>
>>22026593
>>22026593
The archangels are somewhat pre-christianity. If thats what youre asking about.
>>
>>22029326
Sure,i just got home so i have some time,shoot away.

>>22029033
>How many Heavens are there?

Just one.

>Why are Groves sacred to many of the gods and goddesses of Canaan?

Good question,the Canaanite religion is mostly nature-related. Most of their gods control nature,and they associate gods to certain acts on nature.

Groves are ishater/ester's responsibility.
Ester is EL's wife,the goddess of earth and nature,also known as "The Mother Of Gods" She corresponds with the greek goddess Hera.
The rituals for ester mostly include ritualistic sex orgies in nature (very rarely in temples) and cooking foods.
>>
>>22031056
Thanks anon. Hope to see you back. Great info...

If you read this later is there a connection between Azazel and Thoth?

Where is Azazel confined to now? I've heard speculation that he is buried under a Pyramid?
>>
>>22031177
I can see why people in the Bible kept going back to Asherah worship.

Any downsides? She didn't seem to require sacrifice. Also any connection to today's elites and Bohemian Grove? I've heard it called the Cult of Canaan.

Are Asherah and Astaroth separate entities?
>>
>>22031271
>If you read this later is there a connection between Azazel and Thoth?

Great question. I don't have full knowledge or understanding of the ancient Egyptian mythology,I do however know that thoth was considered to be the god of knowledge,writing and science and that corresponds with the Canaanite Azazel who as i previously mentioned used to teach humans about technology and writing.

It's also important to note that ancient Canaan was under the control of Egypt for a long time and a lot of their gods were effected by it,it might also be the reason he is considered evil while in Egyptian mythology he certainly isn't. Thank you for bringing it up because there might be a connection here. Maybe someone who is more versed in Egyptian mythology can explain this better.

>Where is Azazel confined to now?

Well like I said some midrashim claim he's been trapped in a cave by EL,other than that we don't really know because there's no information.

>Where is Azazel confined to now? I've heard speculation that he is buried under a Pyramid?

He might be,but it's not mentioned in any ancient sources so we can only speculate.

>>22031277
>I can see why people in the Bible kept going back to Asherah worship.
Any downsides?

Not really,she did demand sacrifice as well but only of animals. The statues of Ester/Asherah were all made out of wood.
I guess the only downside is the mass orgies in her name,the goal of these was to simulate the meeting of rain and earth to grow crops.
Once mono-theistic judaism was established all these acts became forbidden and most of her statues were destroyed.

>Are Asherah and Astaroth separate entities?

I would say that yes but that is debatable,most of the scholars of the subject argue that no.

>Also any connection to today's elites and Bohemian Grove? I've heard it called the Cult of Canaan.

Ill answer that in detail in my next post if the theard wont 404,i gotta go now I'll be back soon.
>>
>>22031442
Based replies!
>>
File: 007 kuntillet ajrud 02b.jpg (189 KB, 1200x927)
189 KB
189 KB JPG
>>22031277
A different bit about Asherah; Before the Reign of King Hzekiah of Juda ca. 720bc, the judaites worshipped both YHVH and Asherah/Annit in the temple at Jerusalem and various other temple sites throughout Juda [Tell Arad, Tell Motza, and perhaps a few others - not including shrines and bimot].

In the reign of Hezekiah, Assyria invaded, Israelites fled south, and modified the local yahwist religion [google 'documentary hypothesis if you're serious about biblical study and not just in this for /x/ shit]. Asherah was stripped from the temple, and relegated to home based worship, but would not leave actual folk-yahwism until after the end of the persian era. Tell Arad, and the elephantine temple with the elephantine payrii show asherah as worshipped equally to HaShem.

Archaeologists have found literally over a thousand asherah teraphim in Jerusalem alone, mostly in trash piles and broken - a sign of accidental breakage of homemade bodies with commercially molded heads.

Asherah was sacrificed to, but in the forms of bread, wine, incense, ad metallic objects with all known livestock sacrifices being relegate to HaShem.

Show is a pottery shard depicting the egyptian dwarf diety Bes with Yahwist praise written over it.
>>
>>22031790
A lot to chew oń. Great stuff.

Why did Yahweh and Asherah become estranged?
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (31 KB, 1280x720)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
Ive been told I was Ishtar/Astarte
>>
>>22026879
>oneness
>consciousness
it's almost like you faggots have absolutely no idea what you're talking about and don't even think rationally about what newagey bullshit you regurgitate before so doing
>>
>>22031790
>Asherah was sacrificed to, but in the forms of bread, wine, incense, ad metallic objects with all known livestock sacrifices being relegate to HaShem.

She had live stock sacrificed for her in ancient times,she was known to influence EL or YHWH as you call him throughout the mythology so what you're saying makes sense. She was the one who convinced EL to build a temple for baal to crown him as the lord of this world. Later when baal was killed by Mot - מות - Death , the god of death, Asherarh recommended to EL that Ashtar,the god of venus will take the throne and so it was.
"Ashtar - עשתר - the god of venus,was later known as a god who demanded child sacrifice so his name might be another name for Molech.

So the Canaanites knew that the way to influence EL/YHWH their main god,is through his wife Asherath,so alot of their rituals are preformed for that purpose.

Asherath/Asherah was later destroyed or "stripped of the temple" as you say by king Josiah of israel as it says in kings 2 , 23 , 6-7 of the old testament:

"וַיֹּצֵא אֶת הָאֲשֵׁרָה מִבֵּית ה' מִחוּץ לִירוּשָׁלִַם אֶל נַחַל קִדְרוֹן וַיִּשְׂרֹף אֹתָהּ בְּנַחַל קִדְרוֹן וַיָּדֶק לְעָפָר וַיַּשְׁלֵךְ אֶת עֲפָרָהּ עַל קֶבֶר בְּנֵי הָעָם. וַיִּתֹּץ אֶת בָּתֵּי הַקְּדֵשִׁים אֲשֶׁר בְּבֵית ה' אֲשֶׁר הַנָּשִׁים אֹרְגוֹת שָׁם בָּתִּים לָאֲשֵׁרָה."

"He took the Asherah pole from the temple of theLordto the Kidron Valleyoutside Jerusalem and burned it there. He ground it to powderand scattered the dust over the gravesof the common people.He also tore down the quarters of the male shrine prostitutesthat were in the temple of theLord, the quarters where women did weaving for for Asherah."
>>
File: Asherah.jpg (97 KB, 640x537)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>22031442
>>
File: ashterot.jpg (126 KB, 640x546)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>22032257
>>
File: Elohim(0).jpg (119 KB, 640x537)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>22032267
>>
File: Elohim.jpg (258 KB, 940x830)
258 KB
258 KB JPG
>>22032293
>>
>>22031277
>any connection to today's elites and Bohemian Grove? I've heard it called the Cult of Canaan.

Yes,quite a bit of them practice the Canaanite religion.

The daughter of Asherath,is named Anat , the goddess of beauty, war, passion and fertility of the Canaanite people(not the only one)

She correspands with the goddess athena who is associated with owls (((bohemien grove))),

Anat had two main qualities in the Canaanite mythology:

1.She was known to be very close to humans,in fact she is called "messenger of the people" or "patron of the people" and a lot of times she sided with humans.

2.She is Ba'als sister and is known to viciously kill anyone who is against worshiping him. She is known to be stronger than ba'al but she is the one telling him the will of the people while he ruled the earth and helped him fight Yam - ים - Sea, the god of sea and water when he wanted to take his throne.

Anyway a lot of "elites" practice this religion,they know the rules - the worship Baal and EL but pray or preform rituals to the goddesses because they are the ones who influence their husbands.

Ofcourse they also preform rituals to praise both male and female entities of the mythology,but when they want something done or something practical to happen they pray to the goddess.

Needless to say they preform human and child sacrifice,it's all allowed and sometimes mandatory in Canaanite religion.

>>22032257
>>22032267

Hey man check sources

Ashtoreth/Astarte - עשתורת - is the daughter of

Asherath - אשרה - "her happiness"

Asherath was the wife of EL the main god,so i really doubt her duaghter was more important or high in the pantheon hierarchy.

Once again this information is coming directly from the Canaanite mytholgies translation to hebrew.

>>22032293
This one is correct.

>>22032303

This is as i mentioned before the mono-theistic judaism taking over the Canaanite religion.

>>22031675

Happy to share knowledge anytime.
>>
>>22032354
And what of Chemosh anon?
>>
>>22030302
dudes about to make a fasces
>>
>>22032849
Chemosh - כמוש - is the national god of the people of Moab,the city or area near Ammon.
There's not much known about him but i can tell you that i believe it's another name for Molech because children were sacrificed in his name.
Also,king solomon built a temple for Chemsoh and Molech. (Probably same entity)
>>
>>22026860
>Nephilim
>Not The Watchers
Why do people always make this false equivalence?
>>
>>22032883
Million dollar question. Are Baal and Moloch different entities? Im learning a bunch
>>
>>22032952
Ahhh indeed this is where the rabbit hole begins.
Let us start with Ba'al or Ba'al Hadad - בעל - translated as "Owner" or "Husband",he is the god of storm,lightning,rain and life. He is the brother of Anat and Yam, husband of Ashtoret,son of EL and Ashera.

He corresponds with the gods :
Chronos(greek).
Saturn (roman).

The story goes that EL have become weak and Yam demands to take his place,Ba'al goes to war with Yam and wins,crowned king of the earth by EL
Later Mot kills Ba'al and sends him to hell. Anat,Ba'als sister,finds Mot and defeats him and resurrects Ba'al and he becomes king of this world throughout winter and spring,in summer he goes to hell,and in the fall he rises back to rule this world. (((Elites know this keep an eye))).

The rituals for Ba'al include but are not restricted to : self-harm , suicide , sacrifice , child sacrifice , blood shedding and more.
He is known as a warrior-god who fights the powers of evil who wish to take his throne.

I truly believe Molech - ruler is just another name for Ba'al - owner.
But just like a lot of other things in the Canaanite mytholgoy,this is debatable.
>>
10/10 thread. Cananon, do you have any recommendations for books related to this subject? Also thank you for the information.
>>
>>22029499
Kek, imagine being this guy , believing nonsense, and feeling morally superior to everyone. Theists are mentally ill. Keep emulating Christ, my guy!
>>
>>22032087
It's generally speculated that El, he nortnern/Israelite diety was worshipped solo, and that post-Hezekiah judaism was modified to suit the tastes of the Israelite refugees. This would explain the sudden influx of broken Asherim in trash piles at the period and through the next few centuries; not that the goddess was tossed out, but that the fragile statues were seen as semi-disposable items.

It becomes clear from tell arad's twin altars, that only the royal, or zadokite format of judaism did away with asherah, but that she was still worshipping well into the persian era on painted slates. She carried on as a sort of folk judaism. There in another theory that she was kept out due to it just being easier to monopoloze one national diety, and to not have to focus resources to another or to competition that could arise from schisms.

>>22032178
Bear in mind my focus is only on Judaite worship of YHVH, not the northern Israelite worship of El - which, as you are right, was different.

Josiah is a tricky puzzle, because his temple modifications are denied in chronicles, and the funds to do them at all would have been hard to come by for a nation with no colonies, no known mining efforts, and almost no gold or silver artifacts uncovered. As far as archaeolgy has shown, Hezekiah was the reformer after the assyrian war. The Josiah reform claim could have been a final 'wish list' of sorts by the exiled ruling class.
>>
>>22032952
Ba'al is simply the hebrew/general regional canaanite word for 'master'. The most connected diety to the term is fully named Ba'al Hadad. He was a canaanite storm diety connected with the general pantheon, including El. YHVH was not connected to the pantheon at all -or at least was not associated with it originally- but originated with the nomadic Shasu tribe[s]. We can see with the artifact 'Kadesh Stele' the first mention of the Shasu, and of YHVH, being connected as a patin diety. This would explain why Abraham, Issac, and most of the early torah fathers were nomadic herdsmen.

The god Molech was the patron god of the nation of Moab, and we can see this attested due via the Moabite stone, aka the 'mesha stele', named for king mesha who rebelled against israelite rule.

Here's what's cool; hebrew had no vowels. Moses's hebrew name is Moshe, or MSh. Mesha's name is Msh. The same. Both are key figures to their people, with Mesha loosing his first born son [the 10th plague is a mimic of this] who were rebellious [Moses questioned G-d, Mesha rebelled against Israel's Omri.

Moses was an augmented Shasu prophet/priest who was merged with aspects of King Mesha, and Sargon of Akkad's river-birth-royalty story. He's 3 figures in one. The most pure Shasuite form of Moshe is seen in the book of numbers.

Pictured is the Mesha stele.
>>
The oldest plausible recorded occurrence of Yahweh is as a place-name, "land of Shasu of yhw", in an Egyptian inscription from the time of Amenhotep III (1402–1363 BCE), the Shasu being nomads from Midian and Edom in northern Arabia. In this case a plausible etymology for the name could be from the root HWY, which would yield the meaning "he blows", appropriate to a weather divinity. There is considerable but not universal support for this view, but it raises the question of how he made his way to the north.

sound appropriate for the storm god
>>
>>22032917
what are the Watchers?
>>
>>22033773
Isnt there a Moabite stone?
>>
>>22026602
Yam like a sweet potato??
>>
>>22034076
A class of angel. Google Kachinas.
>>
>>22034076
The Angels that created the Nephilim.
>>
>>22034965
Behold a Watcher class Angel
>>
>>
>>22034976
Looks retarded.
>>
File: enemies7.jpg (49 KB, 550x363)
49 KB
49 KB JPG
>>22034145
Yes, that would be the same artifact as the Mesha stele, which is the tablet looking picture above.

>>22033773
muh nigga. The artifact with the inscription is the Kadesh stele, which is an Egyptian victory stele from the battle of Kadesh ca.1250. It's the best documented of all ancient battles, and probably the first to mention chariots. The Shasu are depicted in various bits of Egyptian art as nomadic, and are either being beated as spies, or bound as prisoners. I think the working hypothesis is that YHVH went from the various bands of the Shasu [in much the same way as there are bands of lakota sioux in the overal ltribe] along overland trans-negev/trans-arabian trade routes. The exposure of YHVH could have influenced the Edomite god Qos [a war god depicted with a bow, as was YHVH in the flood myth. Qos itself means bow.] and the Moabite Chemosh, who is scantly understood but might have been a simple transferance of YHVH towards the Moabites from either the Shashu or the Judaites.

The blue dressed fellow is often understood to be a Shasu.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.