[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: images.jpeg-12.jpg (30 KB, 570x538)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Please convince me that there is something other than an eternal non existence following death
>>
>>22025732
Why, eternal non existence is literally the best possible option.
>>
>>22025732
so how deep ya wanna go?
>body
>mind
>spirit
>>
>>22025736
This.
>>
>>22025742
All of them in that order, pal
>>
Billions of years existed before you, billions will after you are gone. We are blinks. Sorry bro there's nothing. All you can do is live as best you can and expect nothing.
>>
>>22025736
How do you not find that thought terrifying?
>>
>>22025732
There is an eternity, an infinite span of time where you get to beat up minorities with a baseball bat. Relax OP. It's going to be awesome.

Heil Hitler. Heil Trump.
>>
>>22025732
It really depends anon. Your understanding of death is incorrect. You can get to a place that is hopeful but what you want to know is can this consciousness I have right now carry on after death. It can't. Ideally it won't carry on over the next few weeks. The soul is in the contradictions. You've heard that you can never step into the same river twice, right? It can seem like a bitter pill if you try to take it all in at once but if you meditate on the things you can handle and allow yourself to grow it will become okay, usually after a no small number of depressive episodes. You are at the very start of the path. It's possible to stay there forever and be immobilized by fear and nihilistic thoughts but I don't recommend it. When you believe you travel. Our planes might not be linked right now. There may not be a God in yours. You don't want to die like that
>>
>>22025748
Man, I really wish these poltards would fuck off out of my safespace
>>
>>22025747
Because the thought of closure is comfy.
The idea that one day, I will be able to rest .
>>
>>22025747
Explain why you find it terrifying pls.
>>
File: ereUAg1.gif (244 KB, 300x300)
244 KB
244 KB GIF
>>22025745
>body
mr. big dick over here should already know what a skeleton looks like. when your loved one has been buried they contribute valuable nutrients back into the ecosystem. the atoms that composed their body never go away.
>mind
they live on in your memories. preserve them.
>spirit
the essence that was them, made all of those things. as we all do. it exists before, how else can it create? it exists after, for it has made.
>>
Consciousness can never cease. It is the only proveable absolute. Everything is relative to it. This body our consciousness is currently tethered to will be gone in a blink. After, we will be free, as we were before this life, and as we will be forevermore.

Actually could be more like >>22025755 but hey.
>>
Believing that you somehow only just so happened to exist by mere coincidence in this one specific extremely short period in time on this one insignificant planet is retarded
>>
>>22025766
what is time but the apparent stitching together of shared moments?
>>
>>22025771
>what is time
a consequence of motion
>>
>>22025736
No shit, can't wait
>>
>>22025776
Or motion the consequence of time... you cannot have motion without time
>>
>>22025758
It's more the concept of eternity, I don't like the thought that this fraction of a blink of an eye in the timeline of the universe is all I get. The thought of the universe being finite is even more terrifying desu, the thought of there eventually being absolutely nothing is fucking terrifying. I like being alive, I can't bear the thought of one day ceasing to exist, never having another thought or sensation ever again.
>>22025766
What do you mean? If it's completely random couldn't you just apply this logic to being existing absolutely anywhere at any time?
>>
>>22025786
I fucking hate this board
>>
I feel the same, I just wanna watch humanity progress bros

If manage to wipe ourselves out I'd likely happily die then though
>>
File: 1523581262695.jpg (79 KB, 519x960)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>22025736
Very tragically this.
>Midas, after hunting, asked his captive Silenus somewhat urgently, what was the most desirable thing among humankind. At first he could offer no response, and was obstinately silent. At length, when Midas would not stop plaguing him, he erupted with these words, though very unwillingly: 'you, seed of an evil genius and precarious offspring of hard fortune, whose life is but for a day, why do you compel me to tell you those things of which it is better you should remain ignorant? For he lives with the least worry who knows not his misfortune; but for humans, the best for them is not to be born at all, not to partake of nature's excellence; not to be is best, for both sexes. This should be our choice, if choice we have; and the next to this is, when we are born, to die as soon as we can.' It is plain therefore, that he declared the condition of the dead to be better than that of the living. – Aristotle

Also I am still contemplating on lines of flight towards a compassionate nihilo for us all! I don't rant about it anymore, but the revolt is strong as ever.

>>22025747
Because I have no desire for life. That's the entirety of the situation. How does one do it? Enlightenment. I'mma link you to >>22025746
that pic related right now https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/schopenhauer/#5.3

Perhaps you consider, "aren't we supposed to have a desire for life?" perhaps even that we're required to. That's a flawed understanding of desire, all of our desires are Oedipalized. They formed as the result of life processes: The womb, which is psychologically ultimate comfort. Then the good and bad boobs(no boob is the bad boob, hunger), which along with the womb is the mother. That desire for the mother usually remains through life, abstracted into desire to enter the womb with a penis, or infect a woman with a fetus. As you can see there's here's all kinds of identifiable initial reason for our desires. And they're pretty bad reasons.
>>
>>22025790
I see what you mean. Would you say it's less terrifying than heaven/hell or reincarnating over and over?
>>
>>22025802
Hey there, I'm the anon who wrote >>22025736
and you sound fucking insufferable even to me.
just.
>>
>>22025810
As I see it, any form of sentience is better than non existence. Even in hell I retain sentience and I feel sensation (however torturous as it may be). In this thread it seems to be a rather uncommon opinion but I uphold sentience above all else. I don't want this remaining 55~ years of my life that I have left to be all I have in the several billion year grand scope of the universe
>>
>>22025732
Death is not the opposite of life, life has no opposite. Death is the opposite of birth - life is eternal.
>>
>>22025837
>I don't want this remaining 55~ years of my life that I have left to be all I have in the several billion year grand scope of the universe
Too bad it's literally impossible for anything else to be true. The "you" who wants to live forever is a product of the mind and body, hormones and whatnot. When you die that stuff rots away. At best any remaining sentience could not maintain your personality or any aspect of the you who desires to remain sentient.
>>
>>22025837
That's a pretty interesting view. Non-existance seems like the most plausible and desirable outcome imo. No suffering. Think it also pushes you to want to make the most out of your life if you don't become really nihlistic about it.
>>
>>22025732
We know from the law of energy conservation that energy can neither be created, nor destroyed, only changed.
We are energy beings inside organic batteries. When the meatsuits break down, we merely change into something new to begin the cycle again in some form or another.
>>
>>22025871
Energy might not be able to be destroyed, but systems and frameworks sure can be. Ask yourself, "am I the result of a system, or am I just energy with no necessary structure?" Go ahead!
>>
>>22025871
But we are the 'organic battery'. Our sentience is our many neurons firing, all which rot away upon dying
>>
File: 4.png (335 KB, 782x801)
335 KB
335 KB PNG
>>22025790
You're adorable~ Tuning up your ontological understanding will fix a couple of those insecurities causing fear.

>this fraction of a blink of an eye in the timeline of the universe is all I get
This is probably a bit too abstract to be integrated at the moment, but the past and future don't exist. You've never had them and never get them. The past used to be now, the future will be now, and we can only ever exist in now - we can only ever have the now.

>The thought of the universe being finite
Honestly, not a worry worth addressing here. Materialist's core philosophy gets torn asunder by other systems of reason - like transcendental idealism.

>thought of there eventually being absolutely nothing is fucking terrifying
Void tranced for a moment there. Yeah, she's my object of desire alright. Pure, limitless Yin. Flow without form. I'm blushing a bit, it's a little silly to lust for the absolute feminine.

>I can't bear the thought of one day ceasing to exist, never having another thought or sensation ever again.
You're a fucking smut writer. Obscene.

>>22025812
I'm really smelly too. Not unwashed NEET, but full on filthy hobo.

>>22025837
These process of thought are purely egoic. Not hating on the ego, not calling you egotistical or any of that - just honestly identifying this. The ego demands to be.

>I retain sentience and I feel sensation
Understanding sentience as better than an unknowable alternative is fairly reasonable, but you can't formulate a scenario where non-existence is superior?

>>22025874
>An electron within a living body is different from an electron outside it, by reason of the plan of the body; the electron blindly runs either within or without the body; but it runs within the body in accordance with its character within the body; that is to say, in accordance with the general plan of the body, and this plan includes the mental state (Whitehead 1967).

>>22025877
>all which rot away upon dying
Again. Unf.
>>
>>22025940
This post was much more tolerable. Good job.
>>
File: glasses.jpg (137 KB, 640x739)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
Under certain conditions, DNA emits a photonic copy of its own structure whose information can be encoded in a database built within the em field created by the inner dynamics of our planet. Some information on this can be found in Michael Persinger's lecture, entitled No More Secrets.
>>
>>22025732
Watch the movie Mr. Nobody time is cyclical https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU
>>
>>22025732
OP identifies with the sperm drenched Pepe image.
>>
death is like hoping into a new boat.
>>
File: 1546094088522.png (917 KB, 1249x656)
917 KB
917 KB PNG
>>22025732
look up near death experiences

also dmt, the pineal gland, and your own experiences with dying in dreams (if you have, i keep forgetting most people always wake up before they die in a dream)

and there's always reincarnation too, that ones been known for millennia
>>
>>22025794
Lmao
>>
>>22025732
>Well, this old book written by primitive goat-fuckers says...
>>
In Christianity, we do not believe you go somewhere immediately after death

There is a waiting period in darkness called Sheol

In the future, the true kingdom of reality will inherit the world. Look at what we're already capable of: within the next few decades scientists expect to be able to rebuild the destroyed cells and re-animate dead bodies days after they have been dead. Scientists have already worked out a model of a computer that may "beat" entropy due to low temperatures. Humans are already expected to be able to cure death in the next century. Fifty years ago, saying any of this would raise some eye brows in disbelief

Now, fast forward thousands maybe millions of years..(Maybe even travel back in time millions of years and light years too). A new culture will exist that not only overcame Sheol and cured all ailments a human could face with ethical comfortable methods. These people may "map" all of causality using extremely advanced computers. With all of the knowledge of what happened, one of he first and easiest things to obtain would be human genetic history. - once all of the building blocks have been brought together, they clone you, or if they're fast enough, reanimate what's left of your original body. Maybe this is already happening with another species somewhere else in space/time

Anyway that's all good for thought..,

For Christians, we see life is progressing forward exactly as prophecied, and a aunt humans climb this stairway to heaven with our technology, we may bump heads with the divine glue that keeps reality together...we believe Jesus himself will come down with the angels and free us from the elite and give us a thousand year kingdom where people live long lives, and at the end of the duration, all things that lived are brought back through "magical" means

The good are allowed to stay alive and the bad are not allowed in to the peaceful kingdom of eternity

We are building this kingdom, which is why people want us to collapse
>>
I want to add your odds of a chance at life after death are higher than 50/50 because it was already a fifty-fifty according to most, but you can also know that survival only has one goal - to live. And one of the most coveted technologies is resurrection of the dead - something that in mythology the gods were capable of

Since humans exist and are making he tech climb to somewhere, they increase your odds of return
>>
Energy cannot be destroyed. Your consciousness simply will transform
>>
>>22026797
>Energy cannot be destroyed. Your consciousness simply will transform
durr durr if I set a hard drive on fire the information on it is gone, that's what happens to you when you die, sure the amount of energy in the universe is the same, but that specific information arrangement is gone
>>
Time doesnt exist.
If you exist now you exist always,for if you didnt exist in the future you wouldnt be existing now
>>
File: mckay.jpg (17 KB, 289x400)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>22026815
>>
you exist through an algorithm which follows death with birth. Call it reincarnation, ressurection, whatever you may.
>>
>>22026797
>Still thinking consciousness is separate from the brain
>>
>>22026829
I refuse.
My post was smart
>>
>>22026762
yeah, something out there will create something that can reacreate everything and basically summon evey single dead thing back to life if they want, it will be as is already spoiled by old knowledge we got from somewhere else thosuands of years ago
>>
No.
>>
>>22025762
>Consciousness can never cease. It is the only proveable absolute.
le epic word garbage
What is a provable absolute? From what is an ABSOLUTE proved? Axioms that are still even more absolute?
The fact that all our experience is dependent on our mind that does not mean that the latter is eternal.
>>
File: 14449ne.png (454 KB, 961x1200)
454 KB
454 KB PNG
>>22028784
He's referring to the absolutes of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principal. The substrates of reality. Nothing and everything. Yin and yang.

The structure of conscious is eternal, because that structure exists as the nature of eternal Yang.
>>
>>22025757
>The idea that one day, I will be able to rest .
the feeling of rest won't be communicated in death, you will simply 'cease' to exist
>>
>>22025755
This
>>
>>22025732
Not evidence but here's some peace of mind for you. If you die and it's just nothing then what do you have to lose? Do you remember existence before you were born? Was the time before you were born all that bad? That's what it would be like if it's nothing after you die. It's one of the main reasons why I'm not an atheist... it's just boring.
>>
>>22028843
This
>>
>>22028843
>false dichotomy detected
You only have two choices... atheism or chistianity... amirite? Or better yet... athiesm or any mainstream religion? Nobody ever ventures out on their own and forms their own spiritual framework. That's crazy talk.
>>
>>22025732
I dont have to, you already know there is an afterlife.
Wether it is spent in an eternal void is up to you.
>>
Why don't you sign up here
>>22022149
>>
>>22025747
I have never understood this normie thoughtline
>>
>>22025747
Don't like being terrified? You can't be terrified if you don't exist.
>>
>>22025732
Why would eternal non existence bother you? There will be no you to be bothered by it when it comes.
>>
>>22025852
You're trusting hormones and whatnot that they're telling you the truth.
>>
>>22028863
well it wouldn't be rest if you were conscious
>>
>>22025762
>Consciousness can never cease
I guess you’ve never been put under anesthesia.
>>
>>22025760
>their atoms that composed it body never go away
Are you implying those atoms are gonna stay static in your skeleton forever?
>>
If you die and dont exist anymore then you cant be bothered by it . So who cares
>>
>>22025746
If this was real than human existence is pointless and you might as well die right now.
Also you should drop any semblance of doing something for your kids or your people because as soon as you die it s over nothing exist anymore
>>
>>22025732
Read pic related.
Might change your perspective.
Or
Just get older. I was like you once. Time has a way of calming your fear. The world changes and you start to not recognize it.
>>
>>22025732
I feel like there are two afterlifes I would be ok with,

The first is an eternal lucid dream, esentially just give me the control console over my reality and let me die in a world full of everyone I ever loved. If I eventually get bored of sandbox mode I could even let the dream slowly become non-lucid again, set like a timer and let me forget I'm the dreamer for however long I want

The second is void. Just eternal Oblivion. Id prefer the break, nonexistence sounds A-ok by my standards. Why would I mind not existing? I wouldn't exist, I wouldn't mind anything because I wouldn't be. No more pain, no more suffering, no more loss. Just, pure radio silence
>>
>>22026809

Hard drives aren't "conscious". Poor comparison.
>>
>>22025732
Fucking hell I hope my consciousness dissipates after I die
>>
>>22025736
100% agree
>>
>>22025736
I strongly agree with anon
>>
>>22030511

This
>>
>>22025732
you exist, you know that much
let's assume there is nothing after death
then what was before your birth?
the same nothing, right?
yet you managed to come into being from nothing once already, so the chance of that happening is greater than zero
how fast does time pass while you're unconscious?

see? you'll reincarnate
the actual mechanisms of that are bastly different of course
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fjTr5-wtII

if you want to know more aboiut spirituality and similar things, i suggest you read these books in this oreder:
1. the secret teachiongs of all ages
2. autobiography of a yogi
3. falun gong
4. zhuan falun
>>
>>22025736
I hate you people. "Why would be afraid of death?" The people that say that's it's all right that we would die and become nothing are the same ones that are so afraid when they're on/near their deathbeds because they had not questioned death enough. Immature minds that just want to give the most easy answer. Useless idiots (or useful to those elites who do rule with knowledge of the afterlife)
>>
>>22025732
youve been alive for millions of years anon. changing forms. going into different places. ascending and descending. now you just dont remember that. just like you will forget this existence aswell...
now you ask why this happens?
well you can hardly remember what happened last month let alone past 10 years. so what makes you think the eternity would be any different?
>>
File: 1547110582038.png (580 KB, 990x682)
580 KB
580 KB PNG
I think the majority of people all just conviently thinking "there's nothing lol, I'm an expert, just ignore the incredibly common wanting to know if you love again after goy, it's nothing but irrationality can't anything to do with something in you telling you that there is something after" are very similar to people that fit the NPC meme. No, not because of the answer but because of how they only want to latch onto the most convenient thing. "Beep boop, nothing happens after we die." "But why, what if" NPC: "AAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!"
>>
>>22031666
yes it probably will and then youll get a little rest. some couple dozen millenia after which you will return.
>>
Thousands and thousands of /x/ threads dedicated to hundreds of religions on their beliefs and you people questioning it and actually giving the patterns of what they all shared some thought and the time of day.
And now, suddenly, everyone says "It's nothing bro, you just die, lol, forget the thousands of religions since mankinds inception that all believed that the soul goes somewhere goy, all fairytales. Now back to your meaningless lives."
I think we have shills here today yet again not wanting us to question anything that is followed by a mainstream overly simple answer. The day of the rope will come for all of you.
>>
>>22031735
Even if the universe and time are infinite, your argument doesn't make sense.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... - it's an infinite chain of numbers, and yet 3 appears in it only once.
>>
>>22031804
the fact that masses just accept the "lol you are just a flesh robot and when you end the protocol ends aswell" so easy just truly proves how well the brainwashing works. I mean. Its like your entire soul existence and consciousness were talking about and you just accept it when you are told quite literally that "you are nothing"
>>
>>22031804
You're forgetting that most of the threads concerning somewhat more 'esoteric' topics are echo chambers where only enthusiasts of the subject talk to each other. Throw the topic at anyone else and you'll get very different results, like here.
>>
>>22031825
numbers aren't real
they are concepts that stem from human thought
to give you an example with numbers:
if i chose a random number, your chances of guessing it are zero
if space is infinite, how high is the chance of you being here? also zero
yet you are
now what does that tell you about you?
>>
>>22031825
oh, and the three comes up at least every ten numbers
>>
>>22031840
>Most threads on spirituality are echo chambers
I've seen many that have all kinds of ideas. From threads having the first couple responses all saying "Everyone goes to heaven" to Christians debating those thoughtless New Age idiots and all kinds.
The fact that you call those more of an echo chamber than THIS THREAD that more replies agree that nothing will happen afterwards is more of an echochamber than most threads I've ever been in. Fuck you shill, you're time is coming. There's a supposed serial killer that says he's hunting you worthless idea deniers.
>>
>>22031825
the arguement makes sense
to translate it into number

let's pretend you are the number three
let's assume there is no number three beyond three
then what was before "3"? the same "not 3", right?
yet there is a three, so the chance to go from "not three" to "three" is greater than zero

and let's see if there are more threes

do spaces exist in your numbers argument?
lets' look at some numbers
i'll write them out so you might understand better

(nine) (space) (one) (zero) (space) (one) (one) (space) (one) (two) (space) (one) (three) oh there it is, another three

this type of reasoning, of coiurse, sounds a bit weird because numbers aren't real
so don't thing in numbers

the argument i provided makes sense
and i suggest you start meditating
>>
>>22031911
*think
>>
>>22031544
I think he thinks that matter on atomic level cant transform to another type of matter, or even energy as a matter of fact. He is wrong, obviously.
>>
>>22025748
>>>/pol/
>>
>>22031871
>numbers aren't real

As soon as I saw this I knew you were going to be a retard. They stem from human thought to understand the world around us. No matter which way you add one thing to one other thing you're always going to end up with two. Just like if you have two and take one away you'll always end up with one. Mathematics are arguably the only universal truth because they aren't open to interpretation like most others.

>if i chose a random number, your chances of guessing it are zero

Remember when I said I knew you were going to be a retard?
The chances are slim, but not zero. We know they aren't zero because the possibility exists that I could guess the number correctly because the number exists. The only way it could be a guaranteed zero is if

>"Hey anon, guess which number I'm thinking of, it's between 1 and 100" (that means I have a 100/1 chance to get it right btw)
>"I dunno, 37?"
>"No, 250"

Even more amazing, judging by your grasp of math and reality, I wouldn't put that hypothetical scenario past you if it did happen irl.
>>
>>22031804
It's not that I think that there will be nothing after I die. It's that I hope it would be so. I wish that there were no immaterial spooky component to reality, but the light of concioucness inside me tells me otherwise and it scares me. It doesn't fit my current paradigm and it's too spooky. I wish I could be spiritually dead for ignorance is bliss, but I'm not.
>>
>>22031972
by random number i mean a random number
not a number between 1 and something
truly random
between one and infinity, for exmaple
your chance of guessing this number is non-existent, not slim, but zero
>>
My Grandma died in the fall of 2008. I was committed to the mental hospital at the time. My mom was at the cottage and she reports waking up in the middle of the night to a spectre of her mother, who took her by the shoulder and said "Everything is going to be alright Joyce"

It comforts me, but it could've just been grief. You mileage may vary.
>>
>>22031972
me >>22032018
actually let's ask wolfram alpha
https://www3.wolframalpha.com/Calculate/MSP/MSP20271hhgd57e291976gi000041d1cbc81552a2i5?MSPStoreType=image/gif&s=50

lim(xinfinity) of 1/x=0
>>
>>22032044
it seems it didn't add the arrow
*lim(x going to infinity) of 1/x=0
>>
>>22031950
>straw man
>>
>>22025732
living things are fixated on the desire to continue existing. it's what keeps us alive. humans are keenly aware that death is inevitable so we can either fear it so much that we do nothing, or believe our existence continues afterwards

the promise of an afterlife has been the biggest selling point to convince men to go on a battlefield and dodge swords or bullets for all of history

but it's a lie we tell ourselves just to function.

we are our brains and bodies, it's why you are no longer you when it's damaged, or when Alzheimer's eats away at it, or if you copied it into a robot, and death is just 100% loss of your brain

everything we are is defined by our experiences in life, our hormones, and those reacting to now. nothing about us is outside of this corporeal existence so the concept of a soul or existence beyond the loss of this brain/body is nothing more than refusal to accept reality
>>
>>22032004
>too spooky
>spooky
You don't belong here do you
>>
>>22032082
you are not your body
the body is just an accululation of food
how much did oyu weigh when you were born
the brain's cells, their atoms and structure change constantly
yet you are always you
i suggest you start mediating and also read >>22031735

if you want a quick proof of supernaturl things i'll give you a quick proof of chi
do as instructed, facing east and all

sit with your legs crossed, facing east, spine comfortably erect
put your hands on your knees with the palms facing upwards, no space between the individual finger or between the thumbs and hands
hold the fingers in a ~45° angle, like you#re holding a bowl in each hand
tilt your head slightly backwards, close you eyes and relax

this puts energy into one of your chakras but i'm not telling you which one just yet since you might claim that you only felt it because of your expectations
after having done the exercise, open this link , it shows the chakra
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0wmyx3Fa7YfkOliD37o-nYucqq3BQWfqdngUTyIEq5tB-av0k

and i also suggest you read the books i linked in >>22031735
>>
>>22031538
this lmao
>>
>>22032121
consciousness doesn't cease
anesthesia just takes away the memory
even mainstream science tells you that you dream every night, you just don't remember
>>
>>22032018
what if the random number was 1 and i guessed 1? how is that not possible?
>>
>>22032144
it is impossible for that random number to be 1
the limit of 1/x for x going to infinity is 0
https://www3.wolframalpha.com/Calculate/MSP/MSP20271hhgd57e291976gi000041d1cbc81552a2i5?MSPStoreType=image/gif&s=50
>>
>>22032155
can you prove infinity exists?
>>
>>22032162
you started this whole numbers argument
infinity, like numbers, is a concept
number's aren't real
>>
>>22032170
i was not the person you were replying to. wouldn't by your logic, nothing exists if infinity exists?
>>
Funerals are just another form of pollution.
>>
>>22032177
ah
this train of thought is actually close to the truth
the soul and god are the same thing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advaita_Vedanta
or to put it into christian terms: "I and the father are one"
time and space are illusions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsdoJ9x8IBs

you don't even have to believe me, just meditate enough
>>
>>22032190
I understand those things but I'm wondering if infinity actually exists or not. or if it is something we as individuals cannot achieve. the obvious implications are if any thing "exists" then it is not infinite.
>>
>>22032206
since space and times are illusions, the only thing that exists is consciousness
what exactly do you mean by infinity?
what specific thing is supposed to be infinite?
>>
>>22032223
>what specific thing is supposed to be infinite?
consciousness

now i'm thinking 1 to 9 are finite but through an infinite process we can get all other numbers so consciousness is a combination of the finite and the infinite.
>>
>>22032108
I wouldn't say so. I dive as deep into every rabbit hole as I can even if it is too spooky. I just can't help it lol. What scares me the most is also what I am most facinated by. It's weird. The things that interest me the most are also the things that scare me the most. Everything esoteric and spooky I love and hate at the same time.
>>
>>22025747
My friend is an atheist and he is terrified by the idea of non-existing.
The thing is: you have to be absolutely retarded to be scared even the slightest.
You did already 'not exist'. For billions of years, perhaps eternity or whatever. Did you ever feel bad about it? About the time you weren't born yet? Seriously?
Fear of non-existing is probably one of the few things which can keep an atheist alive in a horrible time, but honestly, suicide is hard not to be considered if you don't care about your current life.
>>
>>22025732
You don't experience non-existence. So it isn't there. So, eventually, given that the Universe never stops doing shit. You "Wake up" eventually. You really just have to get over the fact, that the mundane Universe made you, your aren't special or "singular" in nature. And that it will eventually do it again. From the beginning, the middle, or creating a new beginning from the end of your life. Which part of temporal construct is really you? The you from five seconds ago, or ten years ago? Shits happens, shit will always happen.
>>
>>22032237
no, consciousness is the one thing that's real
the rest are just illusions
a sort of dream of god
>>
>>22032248
i suggest you read this >>22032112
>>
>>22032295
>>22032248
whoops, meant to link this >>22031735
>>
>>22032287
then wouldn't consciousness be finite and therefore god would be finite?
>>
>>22032320
God creates any individual possible construct, without being bounded by it. Consciousness as a layer, is merely a facet of God. Assign no graven image of the Earth to God.
>>
>>22025732
nope. just a glimmer of dark that lasts forever in a nice sleep. then its like a pinprick, you wake up and dont remember.
>>
>>22032301
actually, >>22031735 is kind of an obvious thing if you consider time as non-existing during lack of consciousness. Even if you have to wait 10^1000 years for something to 'recreate you', it just happens instantly.
Still, it seems we have literally no influence on how and where we are reincarnated. Which is also bad. This life is bad so what can come next? I still can't understand why sometimes we are born only to get kicked in the ass by reality. I'm talking about really bad biographies, like a child born only to get cancer or starve to death somewhere. What was the point of such existence in the first place? It's kind of impossible to defend.
>>
>>22032320

this >>22032325 is not me

that realy depends on your definition
time and space don't exist
god dreams of being everyone at the same time in infinite universes, so consciousness can be considered infinite

an example with time
you dream of being person a and his interaction with person b, then wake up, then you dream of the same interaction but this time from the perspective of person b
you see how you can be person a, person b, and the dreamer, yet always the entirety of you
god being god and time being and illusion, god does all of this "simultaneously"
>>
>>22032082
>or if you copied it into a robot
I had a dream, where we had a technology where our brains were gradually replaced by synthetic equivalent of neurons etc, as they regenerated, instead of being replaced with the biological version they were replaced with an easily repairable "new" version.
The whole process took around 10 years, after which your brain was completely synthetic. The transition was unnoticeable and you retained your consciousness.
When talking about conscience, I think the most important think about it is that it's continuous. As long as we can maintain this continuity, moving ourselves into another compatible medium should be achievable.
>>
>>22032349
>time and space don't exist
>god dreams of being everyone at the same time in infinite universes, so consciousness can be considered infinite
also even our human dreams are kind of not bounded by time, space and rules. Literally anything can happen
>>
>>22032347
then is suggest you read >>22032190

bad things that happen to you are due to your own karma, or if due to the free will of others, then you gain good karma and will be rewarded later on
karma isn't meant to be a punishment but rather a sort of lesson
if you kill someone, maybe you will be killed so you know how it feels and won't do it again
if you want to realise enlightenement i suggest you practise falun gong
their books are free on their website, like this one
http://en.falundafa.org/eng/flg_2006.htm
>>
>>22032347
and the way you reincarnate also depends on your karma
>>
>>22032349
>god dreams of being everyone at the same time in infinite universes, so consciousness can be considered infinite
i would consider this to be the finite "adding up" to the infinite. individually we are finite but as a collective we are infinite. at least, that's what i think. god also exists outside of that so then is consciousness really infinite or is it just a finite being cannot become infinite?
>>
>>22032384
the thing is, you are god
the soul (you) is the entirety of god, pretending not to, as i said in >>22032190 and >>22032349
>>
>>22032390
am i god or a part of god? am i finite or infinite? why not both?
>>
>>22032378
the idea of karma doesn't make sense as I am aware only of this life. No lesson seems to be passed on. Also this life seems and feels real, while any other 'life' is nothing more than a concept.
>>
>>22032402
not a part, the whole

an example:
you dream of being person a and of his interaction with person b, then wake up, then you dream of the same interaction but this time from the perspective of person b
you see how you can be person a, person b, and the dreamer, yet always the entirety of you
god being god and time being an illusion, god does all of this "simultaneously"
>>
>>22032417
i think i get what you're saying now. i will have to reflect on this some more. thanks.
>>
>>22032404
there are things that go beyond what you remember right now
you dream every night but don't remember most times
and karma is real, people with a high level third eye can see the karmic substance
you can also remember your past lives
>>
>>22032427
no problem
but intelectual knowledge of this isn't enlightentment
if you want to realise enlightenment, i suggest you practise falun gong, their books are free on their website, like this one:
>>
>>22025732
>Please convince me
why?
>>
>>22032443
i do not think of it as enlightenment. more of a conceptual view of reality. i'll look into falun gong.
>>
>>22032431
I have never really met in my life a person who would be even by a bit 'superhuman'. I've never witnessed a real miracle. Every single thing which has ever happened to me seems cold, rational, predictable and according to the ruthless rules of this world. It's basically like this: if someone puts you in a room and locks you up forever when there is no way out, you die. No amount of praying, hoping, no amount of faith does anything. You die just like the rules of this reality demand. All you can do freely is just think.
>>
>>22032456
if you want a quick proof of supernaturl things i'll give you a quick proof of chi

put your hands on your knees with the palms facing upwards, no space between the individual finger or between the thumbs and hands

this puts energy into one of your chakras but i'm not telling you which one just yet since you might claim that you only felt it because of your expectations
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT0wmyx3Fa7YfkOliD37o-nYucqq3BQWfqdngUTyIEq5tB-av0k

and i also suggest you read the books i linked in >>22031735 (You)
>>
>>22025732
there is a stupid gate at the foot of my bed i open up some times. its not this location i open it up on the floor in the dinning room and some times behind me in different places when i decide to do it or go to sleep sometimes

people are given a tour . i have told them to stop but if its not the tour group its this group of people who think they need to help me but arent helping most of the time or its the trouble makers who have to be entombed in objects or destroyed.

point is if reality was simple physics and chemistry then i wouldnt have to deal with these people. i mean doing the mind game thing gets tiresome. im not even that interested in having any one work for me now so testing people is tiresome and i just delete people. i dont care about souless husks walking around
>>
File: AIColonel.png (40 KB, 135x196)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
You become information leading to you being an sentiant aI
>>
>>22032479
I should mention I'm the type of person who literally can't stop thinking and 99% of all talking in my life I've done in my head without myself. Moreover, I was all into supernatural stuff, starting when I was 14 many years ago - I was disappointed by all those guide and chi stuff. Heck, I tried to learn psychokinesis. It didn't work. All the 'focus on a body part' stuff didn't do anything and it has been proven you can pretty much convince yourself you feel some things without actually any physical cause, so I'm not impressed. Again, I started with a lot of faith, in fact even when I was a little kid, I though I'm kind of a 'special person', by this I meant having supernatural powers, being different and better than the rest at least.
Nothing worked, I tried to learn physics on a high level but again I was disappointed - nothing really 'magical'. I turned myself to Bible and for almost 2 years I was trying to reach God - didn't work.
Oh and let me just say that my life sucked for most of the time during all this 'spiritual journeys'. Still sucks
>>
>>22032512
>without myself
should be *with myself
>>
>>22032512
you still haven't done the basics of letting go. your ego is holding you back.
>>
>>22032512
>and it has been proven you can pretty much convince yourself you feel some things without actually any physical cause
that happens because energy goes where the mind goes
and your line of thought is why i didn't tell you where you're supposed to feel it until after the exercise

most guides for these kinds of things are fake

if you want a genuine cultivation way i suggest falun gong, their books are free on their website, like this one
>>
>>22032525
yeah but what do you mean by letting go? why create an autonomous creature only to force it to abandon it's individuality. You could say - go and die so you become some kind of a 'force host' without memories and whatever made you.
>that happens because energy goes where the mind goes
my mind was always amazing when it comes to dreams for example. I was surprised people have such trouble with lucid dreaming while it just happened to me naturally. It started when I was maybe 12 and after some time I could 'play god'. But I also learnt that dreams are always way, way less detailed than reality. You can focus on one thing, then it becomes more real, but still it's just a small patch.
>>
>>22032563
oh >>22032525 isn't me

>that happens because energy goes where the mind goes
by that i meant just energy, not dreams

but you felt it on your forehead, right?
despite me not telling you where to focus or where you'd feel something beforehand

i really suggest that you start to practise falun gong
>>
>>22032563
you do not give up individuality. you give up fear. the memories you have are eternal.

you'll have let go of trying to control everything. the reality is you can only control yourself. stop doubting because doubt implies you already know the outcome. instead of believing or disbelieving simply seek to test and verify. blind faith does you no good.
>>
>>22032563
>>22032613
correct, you don't give up individuality
see >>22032417
>>
>>22025732
You're here now aren't you? Thats infinite time its taken to get here through nothingness you've already embraced, experienced, and forgotten.
>>
>>22032241
Mhmm. What an original response....
>>
File: 1547110931497.jpg (6 KB, 300x300)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>ITT: Shills all suddenly agree that, despite this being a paranormal board with a SPIRITUAL focus, they somehow know that there is nothing when you die
>No one calls them out.
I hate both you shills and you normies that don't know how to spot them.
>>
>>22025732
Eternal nothingness is just the weak minded tell themselves so they don't go crazy.
>>
Everyone ITT saying they aren’t afraid of death are lying to themselves. It is animal instinct to stay alive. It’s easy to say you don’t fear death when you’re not staring it in the face. My grandmother wasn’t afraid of death until she got terminal lung cancer. Once reality set in she was scared. There’s nothing wrong with fearing death, it is instinctual. You just have to accept it.
>>
>>22032750
>Durr even though life already happened once it can't happen again
>Durr the Earth is flat
Both are retarded claims. Backed by zero evidence.
>>
>>22032759
I think you replied to the wrong person lad
>>
File: 1544386479907.png (192 KB, 711x633)
192 KB
192 KB PNG
>>22032766
Yup
>>
>>22032750
It's sad that you have "accepted" this falsehood, but there's no point telling you that because you are determined to cling to the idea. But fearing death is a mental perversion that comes from living life desperately chasing materialism. You only fear death if you wasted life obsessing over things that have no value in the end.
>>
>>22032773
Nigger, sure it's admirable if you don't fear death, but after actually being on the board for years and seeing the types of people, well, mostly College age kids and some highschoolers, just wait until you're on your deathbed. It's how the brain works, you can't fully process it until you're close to it.
I don't need some underager telling me fear of death is some unnatural construct.
More so, the majority of thread says so because they want to shut down ALL conversation about any possibility of all the accounts/visions of an afterlife or writings in almost all religions. They're not even curious, they shut down all thought that actually wants to know truth on either side for themself.
Kill yourself you worthless nigger, I bet you couldn't.
>>
>>22025732
Dude wtf you dont want to live forever. Look you will die your persona dies when your body dies. So no point in worrying about death because its going to happen no matter if there is a after life or not.
>>
>>22025732
Nothing is outside the realm of possibility.
>>
>>22032773
Just want to let you know that >>22032789
Is not me, the guy that wrote about his grandma.

I will say that you must think you’re reeeeeally tough for not fearing death, huh?

You are programmed to survive. It’s why you don’t kill yourself right now.
>>
>>22032789
You are not on your deathbed either, yet somehow you just know that fear of dying is the only feeling possible when facing death. Because your grandmother was scared. Maybe it's just that your grandmother led a life addicted to the material world, and was thus unable to let it go peacefully. I believe you can get over your fear of death as soon as you accept it as possible, you don't have to follow your grandmother's erroneous path.
>>
>>22028833
Well, or so you may believe or hope, but that does not necessarily have to be the case. It is likely that "reality" is eternal but I'm not quite so certain about consciousness, perception and awareness and such can theoretically be spawned from physical matter and energy structures, and if this physical matter and energy structures dies, then so the consciousness dies with it
>>
>>22032909
That wasn’t me that said that, bud. I don’t mindlessly call people nigger on the internet.
>>
>>22031911
This numerical reasoning isn't the same thing as existential equivalence though. I can generate two objecs, exactly the same in two different points of space/time, but those two objects are not the very same object. Despite their likeness at instantiation, they are in fact not the same object.

I find it easier to think of this in terms of Operating Systems. Let's say I have a computer with a fresh install of Windows 7 on it. I use that computer for a few years, and then it gets outmoded and I get rid of it. Now, 30 years in the future, (and for the purpose of argumentation) I get a computer that is in every existential way the same computer as I had previously, down to the individual quarks that comprise it. And on it, I load up a fresh install of windows 7 and begin to use it.

It's not the same system, despite the fact that the beginning structure and operating design are exactly the same. They share no continuity of information between the two aside from the likeness of instantiation. Human brains are glorified processors, and out consciousness is a glorified OS for that organic CPU. Even if you had the same body and brain, with the same starting copiousness, the divergence of their existence breaks any idea of continuity.

tl;dr Reincarnation doesn't actually make sense
>>
>>22033053
our* and consciousness* woops
>>
>>22025732
High likelihood that there isn't anything, but it's ok bruther. It actually improves the value of the life you live.

If you have some guarantee of coming back. or living eternally in some other realm, you can just not give a fuck and try again later. Without anything beyond, you just get this one go and you know you've got to do something with it.

Enjoy every day you get, because the next is not guaranteed and you already have come to the realization there is no beyond.

Bonus: Immortality in a Mortal existence
You cannot physically exist eternally and your conscious self must end at some point. So how do you project yourself into the future?

You forge a legacy. You build something for your fellow man to stand on because that's what the people before you have done for you for thousands of years. Even if you give just one other person a leg up in the world then you've projected your influence and actions into the future, and your actions will echo through eternity.

So in a way, while you yourself aren't here, what you've done will impact the world forever/
>>
>>22033053
you started to argue in numbers, right?

imagine this
your body is just an accumulation of food
all the parts change
the structure of your brain changes
the atoms of your brain change
yet you are always you

so you are not dependend on material
meaning consciousness is non-physical
meaning, the argument i made is correct
>>
>>22033053
me >>22033053

also, let me give you a quick proof of the paranormal, a quick proof of chi

and i also suggest you read the books i linked in >>22031735
>>
>>22033228
whoops, meant this:
me >>22033150
>>
>>22033125
>It actually improves the value of the life you live.
Not necessarily. Some lives are not worth living regardless of the existence or not of an afterlife.

>If you have some guarantee of coming back you can just not give a fuck and try again later.
Knowing that you're coming back could also work as an incentive to build a better place.
Why would you fuck up something here knowing that you'd have to come back and possibly reap what you sow?

>If you have some guarantee of living eternally in some other realm, you can just not give a fuck and try again later.
That'd be completely dependant on the state of said realm. Eternal damnation, for example, won't sound enjoyable for most people.
>>
>>22032248
If you make a man king for a day he will want to reign for as long as possible
>>
>>22032051
Read hes post you dumb fuck, he literally says that atoms in your body never "go away".
>>
>>22025732
The Only Objective Truth Is That All Truth Is Subjective.

Readas: What You Genuinely-Believe, is what you will get.

Non-Spiritual Hypothesis: Upon Physical Death, the brain releases massive DMT, distorting time perception and stretching your remaining moments of mental function into eternity. General current personality, and overall personality determine the nature of this final and permanent trip, ergo, expect 'nothing' get 'nothing'.
>>
File: 1546626083538.jpg (253 KB, 667x554)
253 KB
253 KB JPG
Numbers are eternal objects located within the mind of God.

>Eternal objects are tiered in complexity. Several simple eternal objects can be ordered into a single complex eternal object, which would be an ordered arrangement of simpler eternal objects. So a particular shade of green is a relatively simple eternal object, while “green life form” is a more complex eternal object and “vegetable” would be even more complex.

>The metaphysical system requires a reason that actual occasions take on only a very specific selection of the eternal objects that are available. Thus, God is introduced into the system as the principle of limitation, which actual occasions require.

>Whitehead’s process metaphysics is arguably the most comprehensive descriptive metaphysical framework we have to date—as Whitehead’s followers, past and present, have shown, not only can it be used for the interpretation of familiar domains of philosophical concern, but it can also provide illuminating descriptions for scientific domains where other metaphysical theories have little to offer, such as discourse pragmatics in linguistic typology, the neuro-psychological foundations of value judgments, quantum physics, or measurements in astrophysics.

>Hartshorne is a realist, just not as robustly realist as Whitehead. He allows that some universals are eternal (for example, the necessary aspect of deity and numbers).

I'm going to posit that one requires LIII order learning to comprehend eternal objects, they're actual https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fnord
>>
File: Ur thread gay.jpg (68 KB, 815x1000)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>22025732
Sorry to bust the threads bubble, but I'm like a level 90 magician and therefore shall never know death.
>B-b-bbut body dies
So, I wake up in a similar construct somewhere else.
>B-b-bbut that can't happen
Happened at least once so far, looking at the trillions of stars and galaxies I think it's a fair bet. At least one can look to the end of the Universe when the laws of physics break down and realize something definitively profound and to us, eternity breaking happens. So anything again can happen.
>B-b-bbut you still die
To you, to me I wake up somewhere else. So it's like a fat high, and then waking up from a dream.
>>
>>22025736
This. The idea of eternal existence, especially one in heaven or hell where I serve no purpose is a fucking terrifying idea.
>>
>>22025732
Read the Gospel.
There is plenty of evidence to support the existence of God and Christ.
>>
We'll all be brought back eventually by future humans. I'm sure of it, one day maybe in a 1000 years, maybe in a million years, you'll just pop back up into existence inside a simulation or inside an android body.
>>
>>22031551
In the grand scheme of things, yes, we are pointless. Everything "important" that ever happened, according to us, has all been on this tiny little planet in an unfathomably large universe. We are quite literally dust in the wind.
>>
>>22025736
Hard to disagree.
>>
>>22031825
shit anon
>>
>>22031804
>People have believed it for a long time so it must be true!

The fact that there's so many different religions out there and none of them have existed forever simply proves that they're all made-up
>>
>>22025732

This is an easy fix:

You don't know what unconsciousness means.

You've been asleep, and you've awoken to a life you may only temporarily recollect from an epoch of darkness that you vaguely brush away from your eyes in the morning.

But you don't know anything but knowing that you're experiencing something.

So, whatever you're experiencing, however awful, and however joyful, is part of that which belongs to human consciousness.

You exist, OP.
>>
>>22032750
There's a difference between fear of death and fear of life ending

I'm scared of my life ending because I like being alive

I'm not scared of BEING dead because I won't be able to think or feel anything when I'm dead
>>
LISTEN HERE MOTHERFUCKER!

WHEN YOU DIE YOUR MIND FLOATS ALONE IN A VOID OF DARKNESS FOREVER.

DUBS CONFIRM!
>>
If there is infinite nothingness after death, why would you care. It's not like you are sitting in darkness for eternity bored out of our mind. You cease to be and so you couln't care that you ceased to be because to do such would be to be, which is impossible. But if you choose to accept the only other option (there is no true death). Then you may be happier.
>>
>>22033150
>your body is just an accumulation of food
all the parts change
the structure of your brain changes
the atoms of your brain change
yet you are always you

Some would argue that at certain unclear points or milestones, you are not the same conciousness anymore. One day you wake up from being unconscious and you simply have all the memories from the last guy, you think you're him 100% and you remember all the stuff he did that it feels like you were the one doing it.

Think about it: when someone gets blackout drunk, they lose an entire night of their life. It's totally gone, as if it never happened. They might have been walking around and talking to people the entire time, but they'd have no idea. Who was in control? Was it really even them? They don't feel like they were in control, they don't even know it happened.

Personally, I don't know. But I can tell you that I am no longer the same being as I was when I was 7 years old. That being is gone for sure.
>>
>>22035359
What reason would they have to do that? If they have some sort of computer that can analyze all of reality and calculate everything that ever happened, down to your individual atoms and even your thoughts, why would they need to bring you back? They already know everything. They could even predict the future
>>
>>22035434
>This tiny little planet in an unfathomably large universe. We are quite literally dust in the wind.
Joe Rogan The Fag tier Solipsism, read more books kid
>>
File: Tesseract.gif (453 KB, 240x240)
453 KB
453 KB GIF
I will have an amazingly pleasant year.
>>
>>22035500
How can you refute solipsism?
>>
>>22035500
There is nothing that could correctly explain existence in a book with 100% confidence. We could be literally anything. Some explanations are more logical than others, but we could be living on an atom in turtle shit. No one truly knows.
>>
I don't wanna write anything because that would convince you.
>>
>>22035491
Get really high. You can walk through the halls of that old person. I did, it was just really dark, very little in it. It's almost hard to even notice just because of how little happened in the mind back then.
>>
>>22035504
I made up solipsism. It's just me faking it.
>>
>>22035491
Why not be the same being you've always been?
>>
File: 1545030290808.png (492 KB, 771x727)
492 KB
492 KB PNG
>>22025732
I haven't seen a non-existance yet.
>>
https://imgur.com/twPTHbF
>>
>>22025732
Because it's impossible to not feel anything, after death only comes another life, it's very clear that nature or existance was designed this way in purpose.
>>
>>22035700

This designer you speak of: they seem to be sort of shit at making us happy.

Just saying. I have some ideas.
>>
>>22031747
Kek no I've questioned death enough, that's why I'm comfortable saying what i did.
>>
>>22035700
>Because it's impossible to not feel anything
Explain what we felt before birth...
That's right, nothing.
>>
>>22035824

Yet, we were born as people with hearts we can't control.

Bit of a fucking paradox, there, innit?
>>
>>22035965
>Bit of a fucking paradox, there, innit?
What is gestation. We aren't conceived as people with hearts we can't control. We slowly develop in the womb.
>>
Who gives a fuck? There is no such thing as death , it's just nothingness. You die, and you feel nothing, as if in a dream. Just like the trillions of years before you where you weren't born yet.
>>
>>22025732
hahaha ok brainlet. So you still fear death? All you have to do is follow this three step process and death will seem like the silliest thing.

>step 1: take a shit load of shrooms/ acid
>step 2: ???
>step 3: you will no longer fear death
>>
>>22025732
thats all it will be, but dont be scared, it will just be a peaceful, dreamless sleep. I cant wait for the day truthfully
>>
>>22035980
Yeah. Then we become people.

Who cares what we're conceived as when we're born as people with hearts we can't control?
>>
>>22036006
>Who cares what we're conceived as
You fucking should. Because it destroys your argument. We don't come into this world when we're born, we come into this world at conception. And when we are conceived, we are not people with hearts we can't control.
>>
>>22036016
So you think we're robots.

Fine. Be a robot. I can't do it. Fuck off.
>>
>>22036022
Christ...
We aren't robots you dense fuck stick. We grow and develop into complex and wonderful people. We just don't start that way.
>>
>>22036016
We don’t really “arrive” in this world at conception. We emerge during the late stages of fetal development. Without a rudimentary brain to process sensory input and to think, there is no “us” there.
>>
>>22036054
No, we "arrive" in this world at conception. Our consciousness develops at a later date. "We" still exist without a rudimentary brain. Brain dead people, are still human beings.
>>
>>22025732
Worst place to come for that type of info. But, that being said. This life is but a step. The path is infinite.
>>
>>22034132
https://discord.gg/smyjje
I'm assembling a team.
>>
>>22025732
Your perception of reality is constructed in your head. We view reality as just a consensus of the masses consciousness.
The question is, do our conscious minds rely on our Physical bodies, the fact that we dream tells me that it probably does not.
Now imagine that when you die you can create any type of existence you want, simply by thinking it.
Welcome to the other side Anon, live a good life and learn love, try to be good and your mind will be free. Pursue money and worldly goods and your mind will be black
>>
If you become one with darkness then you return to where you were originally, that darkness made you. All possibilities exist within it's chaos
Most atheists are just gonna end up reincarnating because that's pretty much the default as far as I understand, but eventually the universe will be destroyed and you may have to face the possibility of that darkness
>>
>>22025732
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9WHdKSfbZs
>>
If you'r so attached to existing as you are you could become a ghost but only if your will is strong and your astral body is powerful
>>
>>22025732
Remember how it felt was before birth? Well thats death. Nothing. No need to fear or revere it. It's just nothing. A dreamless sleep thats literally forever.
>>
>>22031747
Are you trying to be a faggot? Welcome to reality bud. You're a sack of wet flesh moving around by a meat blob pulsing with electrical signals that expand and contract muscles as it sees fit. There's no god. Life on earth is just the lottery of the universe. Death means nothing. Your life means nothing.hope for a heaven and fear a hell all you want. We end up like everyone else whose ever existed on earth. Dead.
>>
File: 1529827469223.jpg (71 KB, 527x530)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>22025732

Eternal nothingness from a scientific point of view is very unlikely when considering the bizarre and mostly unknown behaviour of quantum mechanics.

Nobody knows what will happen, but saying it'll be eternal nothingness is the same as saying you're going to heaven, a simplistic conclusion people reach in order to cover a lack of information.
>>
File: 1544503450539.jpg (712 KB, 2048x1365)
712 KB
712 KB JPG
>>22025747
I used to. Now it's top tier cooomfy.
0 responsibility
0 suffering
0 social interaction'
That's what I'm talking about.
>>
>>22036235
It's the zero consiouness part. No idea why it's so terrifying, yet not being able to ever think or at the very least dream again fills me with the worst dispare.
>>
>>22036338
Despair**
Sorry for phoneposting.
>>
>>22035824
Thank you for proving me right.
>>
>>22036346
while you are technically correct, thats not what you meant. dont be a nigger
>>
>>22025732
The simpliest explaination concerns energy, energy tranfer from this form to another form. So does death
Don't worry anon, you're here for a reason I'm sure of it
>>
>>22036338
Just realise that after death. You won't need to care anymore. Simple as really anon. It used to scare me as well but now I just focus on living the life I want to live. Just try it anon.
>>
>>22036361
That's literally what i meant, we cannot feel nothing, we just don't have memories of our earlier years because of brain development but unconciousness works the same this "eternal void" other people talk about. You cannot strech this nothingness forever it would be paradoxical.
To give an example: some people in coma depe ding how shut their brains are, experience dreams and in fact brain do reacts to external impulses but it's unable to react physically, other people just wake up, days, months, years and "feel nothing" or rather they don't feel floating in some black void, that would be just a dream but you need an at least living brain to get that.
>>
>>22036394
Some people have memories of their early years, they are never interesting.
>>
>>22036394
>That's literally what I meant
Which is why you went on to say
>after death only comes another life, it's very clear that nature or existance was designed this way in purpose.
unironically kys
>>
>>22036410
What's your point then? What you tried to compare makes no sense.
>>
>>22036419
My point is that you need to go back.
>>
>>22036426
Nice argument, voidfags always reply seething in denial. Sorry buddy, there's no eternal damnation, i hope you reincarnate in China.
>>
>>22036428
Yike
You NEED TO GO BACK
>>
>>22025732
Sounds like you need to convince yourself you lazy nignog.

Live your life as though it’ll all be over when you die. When you do die either nothing will happen and the simulation ends, which is great because you won’t know about it, or something incredible and out of ordinary imagination will happen.

Personally I think the latter. Why? Just a gut feeling, my own experiences with “paranormal” shit, plus hours of my own thinking about the beginning of time and the universe. This is too weird to be a mistake, there has to be something more to it.

But maybe I’m just projecting my own hopes. Im fine with either outcome desu, and just hope I don’t suffer beforehand.

Terence McKenna said something interesting about death, and in my mind he is one of the only intellectuals whose opinion on this matter I trust. He said “at the instance of death you rapidly become your parents and children, next instance your grandparents and grandchildren.”
>>
>>22025732
If there is no existence after death then all that matters in this life is pleasure and no morality. If this is the case, why not just kill people? Why not rape? Why not just do what makes you feel good? Because nothing matters after. You will suffer no punishment or reward for the pointless hedonist life you lived previously.
I hate this concept of “nuffin after death goys!” Nonsense. It’s all just a con to make you feel you are nothing and exist only for your own pleasure. This is a lie. As is many things in life and after death there is existence. Life is NOT pointless and you are so much more than a vessel of cells seeking pleasure until eternal darkness.
>>
File: 400350000.jpg (17 KB, 367x388)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>22036562
>>
>>22036569
>t. no response just a photo to Imply my superiority complex over you.
>>
>>22036602
Well incredulity is a basic response to something you can't prove at all.
>>
>>22036608
Can you prove anything?
>>
File: 1536369755677.png (929 KB, 1024x512)
929 KB
929 KB PNG
>>22036602
>If there is no existence after death then all that matters in this life is pleasure and no morality
>>
>>22036615
Yeah I can prove I'm gonna be alone on valentine's day.
>>
>>22036632
Prove life has purpose with no culpability at the end.
>>22036637
Kek. Same for me most likely
>>
>>22036640
As you can see there are things with verifiable evidence in here.
>>
>>22036650
Sure did prove me wrong, sheesh. How will I ever recover from that btfo statement.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (35 KB, 600x600)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
>>22036640
>Prove life has purpose with no culpability at the end.
Numerous civilizations have thrived without the notion of being held accountable after death.
It's pretty clear that humans don't necessarily need the threat of punishment to behave a certain way. But if you insist they do, the fact that culpability exists DURING their life should be enough to satisfy you criteria.
>>
>>22036665
Having a fulfilling life.
>>
>>22025736
although there are many theories and "personal accounts" of life or existence, on the other side through NDEs, etc, we don't really know
doubtful we can know
a person could lose their minds pursuing this question
>>
>>22036683
Then explain morality. Why is it illegal to do things if it makes someone feel good? Should the pursuit of life be to fulfill your own desires at the detriment of others?
There’s hardly any civilization in history that had no belief in afterlife. Whether it be Pagan Christian or buhddist.
There has always been a belief in a higher power rewarding this life of the next for your works in life.
Morality isn’t a human creation is my main point though.

>>22036690
What is a fulfilling life? What I’m gathering is life is pointless and a complete hedonist lifestyle at the cost of anything is the only way to live life. Who cares about morality if life is nothing after. Murder, rape, eat, burn and hell even fuck kids because my pleasure supersedes all. Without morality and knowledge of punishment for actions in the next life then pleasure is the main pursuit of life. With no definition a fullfiling life can be defined by anyone for anything.
>>
File: eQ20E.jpg (83 KB, 384x313)
83 KB
83 KB JPG
>>22036723
>Then explain morality
Survival. Ensuring the tribe survives, as well as your offspring. I knew what your main point was, but its been so thoroughly btfo that i hope you understand why i don't take it seriously.
>>
>>22036749
Survival. So killing is perfectly acceptable. If someone doesn’t align with our tribe why not kill them? Rape them? Enslave them?
Morality doesn’t exist without a creator. There is no bullshit Darwin excuse to cover that. Survival doesn’t not create morality.

Also, from my point of view your bs is btfo as well. so saying I’m btfo and me saying you’re btfo isn’t doing shit for neither of us lol.
>>
>>22031787
Terry said he didn't think there is life after death.
>>
>>22036764
Yeah it seems like survival creates ingroup norms more than morality
>>
>>22036764
You're mistaking YOUR morality for the CONCEPT of morality. You could have made an argument about what morality is better... but you didn't. That being said, your morality is tribal morality with slight alterations and a whole lot of window dressing. You just consider all of humanity to be your tribe.
And my guy, it has nothing to do with either of our points of view. This argument we're having has existed within the realm of philosophical debate for several hundred years at the least. Having this argument is good for your intellectual development. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't ignore the dialectic juggernauts that preceded you. Read a book.
>>
>>22036810
Ingroup norms literally is morality. They are the same thing.
See what i said here >>22036820 about mistaking your own morals for the concept of morality.
>>
>>22036820
This isn’t a debate. You have what you feel is intellectual superiority over me. The fact you would recommend that shows you truly believe you are smarter than me and you feel you are educating me rather than having an equal discussion.

You’re right. I believe there is only one kind of morality. Absolutely. Don’t kill, don’t steal, don’t be a degenerate reprobate, don’t harm children, don’t lie.
Morals ANY man should follow.
The difference between us is that I see a bigger picture with an end, a purpose, a true fulfillment. You on the other hand believe in nothing but an end being darkness and some how you find comfort in it. I’m saying to you life isn’t pointless and the belief that survival and pleasure is our main purpose is wrong because no matter what we do, we will die and everything will mean absolutely nothing. I find no comfort in this because no one has any culpability for there actions in the end. So if someone were diagnosed with a terminal illness, who’s to say it’s wrong for them to go kill a bunch of people and drag people down with them? Why not? No culpability and no knowledge of anything after death.

I see your points but believe me or not when I say there are works of evil in this world who do not belong to our physical realm and they seek to destroy everything that is good even if that means convincing us we are nothing but products of cells, blood and piss.
>>
>>22036859
Sorry for the late reply, I took a shower.

>You have what you feel is intellectual superiority over me
No just superiority on this one specific topic. Idk your fucking IQ you could be a genius. But genius yields to knowledge. I've had this argument too many times, I've done the reading, I know what you're going to say before you even say it. That doesn't mean I'm smarter than you, just that I've wasted more of my life on this shit than you. QUIT WHILE YOU'RE AHEAD.
>you feel you are educating me rather than having an equal discussion
It's actually neither. I don't care about you enough to educate you, if I did I would actually point you to some specific things. Rather than just telling you to read a fucking book. And no shit this isn't an equal discussion. You're operating on outdated information, I couldn't discuss this equally with you even if I wanted to. Some weird psychological obligation keeps me typing. It's an addiction to doing pointless shit. Like I said, wasting my life.
>You’re right. I believe there is only one kind of morality. Absolutely. Don’t kill, don’t steal, don’t be a degenerate reprobate, don’t harm children, don’t lie. Morals ANY man should follow.
Yeah like I said. You were mistaking your morality for the concept itself. It's fine to argue for a superior morality, but first you need to make sure you actually understand the shit you're arguing. Misusing terms doesn't help anyone.
>The difference between us is that I see a bigger picture with an end, a purpose, a true fulfillment
That may be, and it may not. The reason we can't know is because the first and most important difference between us is that you don't correctly use words to convey your opinions. This ENTIRE fucking conversation was pointless because from the very beginning you didn't understand the words you were using, or the topic you were discussing.
Just do yourself the favor of taking the time to learn about the topic which you feel so strongly about.
>>
>>22037074
I gotta ask an off topic question here,
Why are you on /x/ if you literally believe nothing?
This is the paranormal board, right?
>>
>>22037109
When ever at all did i even remotely imply that i believe nothing. I almost feel insulted by how stupid what you just said is. I don't need to state literally all of my beliefs in order to discuss this one specific thing. Just.

My ass blasted ass aside, Paranormal =/= Religious. Imo they need to make a religion board so we can off load all you god fags. Religion is FAR from paranormal. It's fucking everywhere, that seems pretty normal to me.
>>
>>22025732
>Please convince me that there is something other than an eternal non existence following death
Ok, there is life after death...
Before you were born, were you alive or dead? Dead. Now you live - again. You are eternal, don't sweat death, as there is no such thing.
>>
>>22035491
that are a lot of asumptions
and by "you" i don't mean your mind
like the body is acumulation of food, the mind is an acumulation of impressions

let's argue without assumptions
do you know anyone who is conscious?
yes, you do: you know that you are conscious, the rest you don't know
maybe a demon is feeding you illusions of this reality, maybe you're in the matrix, but you know that you, the consciousness, exists

now read that argument again >>22031735
>>
>>22035491
and another thing:
youn can not take away consciousness, you can only take away memory
you are always you

even mainstream science says that you always dream every night, you just don't remember most times

the black oout drunk guy is still the same "him"
he just lost a bit of memory
>>
>>22035496
Because they can mate. Wouldn't you instantly recreate, let's say your favorite part or most intriguing part of human history down to it's last atom if you could? I certainly would and eventually would end up doing it for all the humans that have ever lived. I'm talking about post-scarcity civilization.
>>
>>22025732
It's actually worse. Your spirit (the part of you that observes or experiences) will live forever, but your soul (your ego, your consciousness, the part you call "me" who has all the memories and continuity) will dream for a while before dissolving into nothing after death, like going senile and slowly losing yourself.
Your spirit doesn't have memories. I wouldn't consider it a part of yourself anyway. So yeah, shit's fucked.
Our only hope is to prolong life using technology and someday create immortality like pic related.

New age faggots don't even want to consider this and edgy occultfags delude themselves into thinking they're actually their spirit, not their soul, through their "great work".
Egyptians knew this and centered their culture around prolonging the afterlife as much as possible. Tibetans and Eastern religions in general on the other hand starved the ego to minimize the pain, but the fact is there's no escaping this reality.

Have a nice life. Enjoy while it lasts.
>>
>>22037169
Calm down and don’t cut yourself on that edge.
>>
>>22035491
>Who was in control? Was it really even them
Whenever this happens, it's a non-integrated thoughtform that is in control. Either a possessing spirit or a part of the psyche that is not integrated. This includes dreams at night.
If you practice meditation you will notice drug/alcohol memory loss is less common (until you start physically fucking up the machinery) and with time all dreams become lucid. There's a concept called "lucid dying" that ties into this. Many a monk has lived and died meditating in an attempt to survive death as explained here:
>>22037375
>>
File: 68198494.jpg (47 KB, 399x400)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>>22037401
Stunning and brave post
Truly the living archetype of courage.

Now why don't you take that dick outa your mouth and try forming your own fucking thoughts.
>>
>>22037421
The butthurt is real. Did I strike a sensitive nerve?
>>
>>22037430
Yes, yes you did.
You have no idea how many christ cucks I've seen pull that card like fucking clock work when they run out of brain cells.

Also, making people mad by acting like a retard isn't some witty troll. It's just you acting like a fucking retard.
>>
>>22037465
You know what’s common among you edgelords? Especially on anonymous boards is you’re always attacking Christ cucks and say you disagree with religion but always attack just one.
It’s funny because you assume I’m one because you have this crazy hate for it and all of your focus needs to go toward Christianity even assuming someone is a Christian just so you can use up all that pent up sexual frustration rage on something you hate with a fluttering passion.
Faggot.
>>
>>22032431
wtf are you smoking holy shit top kek. the people on this board are literally insane
>>
File: 49f.jpg (19 KB, 413x395)
19 KB
19 KB JPG
>>22037533
Yikes dude have you seen this fucking board lately? Why would i complain about Muslims, the board being flooded by Christian for some reason.
But beside that, i never called you a fucking christ cuck you dipshit. You might be projecting, just a bit.
>>
>>22037608
How was your post not implying I was a Christ cuck?
>why would I complain about Muslims? Muslim good.
Holy fuck back to plebbit with you
>>
>>22025732
there is though, for a good bit the universe will continue to exist, you'll be forgotten relatively soon so don't worry about non existence, people die all the time and you don't notice any difference
we got this yo you can leave anytime you wish

>>22025742
balls
>>
>>22037630
>How was your post not implying I was a Christ cuck?
Did i call you a christ cuck? No? Okay then that's fucking how. It's not my fault you picked up an implication i never put down.
>Muslims good
Your reading comprehension is dog shit. I was saying they aren't relevant. I actually ban Muslims on site. Don't even give them the time of day.
>>
>>22032082
>the promise of an afterlife has been the biggest selling point to convince men to go on a battlefield and dodge swords or bullets for all of history
This is such a brainlet post. Throughout most of history people were convinced to die in battle because they loved their tribe/homeland/family/whatever and were willing to die to protect it/them.
>>
>>22037730
>This is such a brainlet post.
Congratulations you just described 90% of /x/
>>
>>22037730
if you genuinely believe this then you should probably kys. no one does anything that isn't in their own personal, selfish interest. its simple really.
>>
>>22037718
>errr errr I was implying something in hopes you’d admit it but I was wrong but you’re wrong for thinking I was implying something hurr durr
Are you human?
>I ban Muslims
From what?
I bet you’d shit your pants if some shitskin mudslime got offended by something you said.
>>
>>22037777
Dude i wasn't implying. I don't imply shit for this very reason. To prevent shit like this. Take my posts at face value, because anything you think you see between the lines is just you trying too hard. Or not hard enough, could be either one.
>From what?
Any place i moderate. Arguing with christians is like arguing with a brick wall. But muslims are like steel reinforced concrete, only actual lunatics have the patience to tolerate fucking muslims.
The sooner you get over this image of me you have in your head, the sooner you'll realize how dumb you've been acting.
>>
>>22037768
>no one does anything that isn't in their own personal, selfish interest
You watched too much TV growing up, I'm sorry. But if you relive your past, you should be able to identify the views implanted into your mind and remove them, so all hope is not lost.
>>
>>22037825
>I don’t imply shit, you should know this. Some how, you should know me.
Stop trying to cover your dumb ass mistake, mate and I’ll be over this lol.
>stop assuming who I am, I’m a person with feelings
Man this is an anonymous board full of trolling and mindless banter. Stop being such a bitch.
>>
>>22037768
misanthropes are insufferable
>>
>>22037859
>you should know this. Some how, you should know me.
Why the fuck would i tell you if i thought you already knew. You"re trying really hard to argue fucking nothing.
>stop assuming who I am, I’m a person with feelings
When even. I don't... what? Dude you're literally trying to get me to admit that im some fucking stereotype, ignoring everything i say JUST for that reason. It's not "stop assuming who i am" it's "stop being retarded"

Honestly you can't be serious right now.
Even here on /x/, you can't actually be this genuinely dense. It's impossible
>>
>>22037916
You’re too easy.
>>
File: 1532145728565.jpg (24 KB, 480x480)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>22037929
On the list of things one should feel proud of.
This?
This aint it
>>
[spoiler]SCP-2718[/spoiler]
>>
>>22037941
Proud of making a sexually frustrated faggot mad?
Nah it’s for luls
>>
>>22037957
Man all you've done is confuse me.
>>
File: smihp0chjr6x.jpg (1.45 MB, 2000x1000)
1.45 MB
1.45 MB JPG
>>
>>22037830
what are you talking holy shit top kek what does that even mean desu
>>
>>22037865
you virgins are too funny
>>
>>22025732

>Something becomes eternal "following death"
>implying that doesn't mean your life is already part of some eternity so what does it matter if you die or not
>>
>>22025732
Joseph?
>>
>>22025732
Genes
Meme
Scene
>>
Show me nothing and then I will believe in it

You have all evidence of something and no evidence for nothing
>>
>>22042125
Before you were born, that's nothing.
>>
>>22025995
Relevant to my interests

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.