[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: smsea.jpg (59 KB, 410x631)
59 KB
59 KB JPG
/omg/ - Occult and Magick General
'low foothills of the occult' edition

Ape's Library: https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>>
I'm looking forward to intelligent discussion.
>>
Watching this: https://youtu.be/AT8J9OfJVT0

Death and Initiation is on my mind. With initiation, I'm wondering what exactly it is that I want initiation into. The 93 current? Iesod? The Nameless Order? There's a gate I'm trying to enter, but I don't know what's on the other side.

Fun thought from the video, deosil is invoking because that's the way the sun travels, widdershins the sun retrograde.
>>
>>21852361
Intelligent discussion, as these threads always have. It's funny how for a lot of people one of the biggest things in magick etc is to be considerate of other people, yet these threads are usually 2-5 monkeys throwing shit at each other
>>
>>21852412
I think you replied to the wrong post. Also,
>criticizes thread
>makes post begging to start an argument
If I didn't know better, I'd say you didn't actually want good discussion!
>>
>>21852360
Wrong thread, this is role-playing general
>>
File: what is this.png (9 KB, 102x129)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
I don't lurk /x/ at all but could someone kind please tell me what pic related means? I think you are the only ones who could help me,
>>
File: Frater Acher.png (95 KB, 685x351)
95 KB
95 KB PNG
have you heard of this guy, satyr? anyone?
>>
>>21852495
Random shapes and lines slapped together don't mean anything objectively. For example, sigils, by traditional definition, are meant to have no explicit meaning by their shape.

Well known symbols are exceptions, such as the alchemical symbols, but I don't think what you posted has any strong meaning. Like dreams, it's up to you to interpret. 99% chance I'd say that it means nothing, or that you'll never know what it means, and that you should just forget about it or give it your own meaning.
>>
File: holy daimon.png (113 KB, 666x423)
113 KB
113 KB PNG
2/2
>>
>>21852507
Frater Acher? He's required reading.
>>
>>21852524
so i hear. this is the first thing i've read by him.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1544126264359.jpg (53 KB, 1280x960)
53 KB
53 KB JPG
>>21852507
Yeah, been on his site a few times. Talks big game, but if he's honest about his work I believe he's accomplished something, at least.

His writing on dream was interesting, but maybe not enough to make me keep going back. The book is probably decent, but I don't know how useful ultimately for anyone who wants to attain.

Here's another snippet.
>>
>>21852524
Wrong.
>>
>>21852581
he knows social-media is cancer = /ourguy/
https://theomagica.com/antivenom
>>
>>21852524
Yeah if you're a Quareia loser.
>>
>>21852361
you wanna get technical the sun itself travels counterclockwise from our perspective against the wheel of stars (called secondary motion) but the Earth is also spinning counterclockwise so it gives the impression that the sun is traveling clockwise (primary motion).
>>
Anyone else find it challenging to meditate after eating, or having drank too much coffee? Might be a million other circumstances affecting me, but these seem the most consistent.

Now if I just overcome post-waking laziness...
>>
>>21852736
This feels like it should have implications on planetary and stellar magic.
>>
>>21852507
No, I haven't.

Sounds kinda New-Agey.
>>
In dragon asana / seiza, my left leg / thigh rolls inwards towards the right, whereas the right seems very stable. Should I be tensing my legs to keep them from rolling in? I have this issue every time I sit in dragon / seiza.
>>
>>21853160
Have you tried placing a folded bed pillow between your ankles?
>>
>>21852615
>https://theomagica.com/antivenom
>mfw many of the authors he linked to are extremely active on social media
>>
>>21853173
No. Should the pillow be on the ground? I assume something like 15x10cm to fit in between.

Tbh I wanted to get good at it without help from pillows, but that hasn't really been working. Doesn't help that I'm sitting directly onto wood floor half the time.
>>
>>21852912
It does. Crowley was for sure thinking about it when he did stuff that combined the terrestrial with the stellar, integrating those two forms of motion into his ritual symbolism
>>
>>21852912
and it super has an implication on astrology! the meanings of the houses in traditional astro are all potentially derived from (or can at least be reverse engineered to match up to) the interplay between primary and secondary motion
>>
>>21853365
No need to torture yourself. Pillows are fine.
>>
File: bovine jesus.jpg (104 KB, 600x800)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
>>21852314
serious question:

what is the best occultism school/order/fraternity today?
>>
>>21853388
>No need to torture yourself
>>
>>21853388
Thank you! Bad habit of trying to make things as hard as possible on myself.
>>
Does anyone have a pdf of the translated Infernal Dictionary?
>>
>>21853397
>seriously stupid question
>>
>>21853297
cancer. period.
https://youtu.be/q5vlIQJaJxQ
>>
>>21853365
In this case, you hold the pillow between your ankles and it supports your butt. You should be kneeling on a folded blanket, if not an actual zabuton.

The point is to hold your spine steady and erect, not suffer.
>>
File: penteract.png (80 KB, 960x720)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>21852495
Sigil of Satanas in the O9A Tradition.
>>
>>21853553
they say you can meditate on anything.
this gives me a headache.
>>
>>21853473
why?
>>
>>21852361
>I'm wondering what exactly it is that I want initiation into

Probably just adulthood desu fampai
>>
>>21853538
Thank you.
>>
+ hauled some water today
not the whole answer, but would recommend
- posted about it on social media
pretty much lost all the gains right here probably
>>
>>21852615
4chan is social media btw
>>
>>21854184
That's the final redpill.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.