[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/x/ - Paranormal

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1542606677067.jpg (20 KB, 550x550)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>can't find anything to prove that God exists
>can't find anything to prove that God doesn't exist
show me the light
>>
>>21851168
Look at your penis and tell me that it didn't get designed
>>
God helps those who help themselves, find it yourself.
>>
>>21851168
nothing + nothing = something

Something unexplainable created The Big Bang. The only thing that can create something from nothing is something absurd and incomprehensible, you can either choose:

1. Accept that science doesn't have an answer, will never get an answer, and give up.

2. Accept that it was an act of an unexplainable, omnipotent higher power.

Proof of a higher power is found within the existence of the universe. Hope you find what you're looking for, God Bless.
>>
>>21851185
I dunno mate. I always though God wasn't even conscious. Maybe it's just a gigantic mass of power floating around in space, creating stars and planets and maybe, by accident, life.
Before I can find God, I have to find out what God is.
>>
>>21851185
This.
People that say god must be real are retarded. People that say god can't be real are retarded. It is impossible to know, all you can do is have faith and accept causality.
>>
>>21851188
Read Genesis in the bible and watch the testamonies of atheist scientist that become bible believing creationists. The truth is out there. You just have a to look
>>
>>21851192
The is more to gain from believing in god and Jesus Christ than to deny him
>>
It's a matter of faith, atoms are 99.9% empty space, brain is not linked with thoughts, we can't leave Earth and the owners of power in this stage worship the Demiurge/Lucifer... Truth = good, lies = evil.

Use your discernment to see through their lies and ABSOLUTELY NEVER let the New Age zombies destroy your faith, they are trying to make you feel irrelevant to take you away from the Almighty!

Take care of your body, try keeping it the purest possible, you need it to carry on on this stage. God bless ya!
>>
>>21851188
The idea of life, death, time, existence, infinity, eternity, is all absurd. Life in itself in unexplainable and incomprehensible, thinking logically and scientifically for answers will yield nothing as our minds are limited to this universe, God is definite, although the nature of God is up for one's own interpretation and understanding. Personally I'm Christian, partly through science and history, largely through my own experiences with God.
>>
>>21851199
ok but why jesus? why not [insert other religion here]?
>>
>>21851168
Does it even matter if God exists or not?
>>
>>21851192
Because if you don't have faith and feel meaningless, you know that only misery and depression waits you... I recommend the ODD Reality Channel, he's very helpful, but do your research at the same time!
>>
>>21851205
Why the Illuminati mock a religion all the time if it is exactly like the others? Why not pick the others? You are being pessimistic... There's something going on.
>>
>>21851205
(not him)
Christianity is the most plausible "theory" for the understanding of our universe, through verifiable history and harmonious compatibility with science. Not to mention its the largest religion on earth for various other reason, many of which revolve around "personal experiences". Seek and you will find.
>>
>>21851220
>Why the Illuminati mock a religion all the time if it is exactly like the others?
Is that... something they do?
>>
>>21851230
The worst blind is that who doesn't want to see, go figure.
>>
>>21851168
Just have faith, believe with everything you got, and He will show Himself to you without a doubt.
I used to not believe but I WANTED to believe so badly, and He showed me the light.
"Jesus I believe, help my unbelief"

>>21851192
Weakest argument. You are just sitting on the sidelines not even giving an argument. You can't deny everything.

>>21851205
Jesus, and Catholicism, portrays the entire Truth of God and his teachings. Other religions are slightly right, but they do not showcase and understand the entire truth of God like Catholicism.

>>21851230
Everything in modern times mocks Jesus. Put 2+2 together and you'll understand why. They don't target any other religion.

>>21851209
Yes, because when you die you will be judged.
>>
>>21851240
Can you provide examples?
I'm unfamiliar with the illuminati, christians, and whatever quarrel they have.
>>
>>21851248
>Everything in modern times mocks Jesus.
Everything?
Can you narrow that down a little bit?
Does your keyboard mock jesus? Do 1's and 0's flowing over wires mock jesus? How about your shoelaces? A non-stick skillet? Plastics? Telescopes?
What do you mean?
>>
>>21851259
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNCklX2wZy4
>>
>>21851266
So Obama, specifically, is what mocks jesus?
>>
>>21851259
I'm sure he means that the newer generations of people are turning their back on the christian foundations of most first world societies, not literally "everything".
>>
>>21851275
Maybe that is what anon meant.
I'm not a mind-reader, though, so I have to ask questions to figure out what someone is talking about.
If that is the case, in your opinion, what detriment to society is there if interest in christianity declines in young people?
>>
>>21851168
yo heart will show it for you.
>>
>>21851292
Many reasons, I'll go over a few.

1. General morality is declining parallel to religiosity. Increased crime, broken homes, substance abuse and physical abuse are becoming more prevalent which also is a leading cause of mental disorders.

2. Religion (Christianity included of course) provides the answer to the unexplainable and incomprehensible nature of the universe. Lack of belief in any answer is a large cause for the increasing depression, anxiety, and many other mental disorders in our society, due to stress and fear from lack of understanding or hope provided by faith.

3. Religion builds communities and bonds, positive relationships, hopes and high morals. Unfortunately religion can also divide people through ignorance of the perspective of others, but ultimately faith and religion are something society is neglecting despite the fact it is such an important need for humans.
>>
>>21851326
If religion prevents people from committing crimes, why are most of the criminals in prisons across the western world christians?
>>
>>21851168
If there is a higher power how would any mortal know?
>>
>>21851326
Religion builds suicide bombers
>>
>>21851342
1. It doesn't prevent people from committing crimes nor did I say that. Most religions have what could be considered "basic rules" which promote the idea of anti-violence, positive self sufficiency (see: The Ten Commandments)

2. In prison, religious affiliation that offenders claim is in no way, shape, or form a reflection of their actual religious beliefs. This is largely due to special privileges, meal variety, religious programs which allow inmates to convene. A quote, if you will: "Religious affiliation in prison has everything to do with gang affiliation and next to nothing to do with the offenders actual religious beliefs."

Religious people aren't necessary less sinful than non-religious people, they just strive to be. Fair question though.
>>21851350
Thank you for your well thought out and constructive comment. Like I mentioned, division can come from religious people who ignore the perspective of others.
>>
>>21851394
>It doesn't prevent people from committing crimes nor did I say that.
My mistake. What did you mean by:
>General morality is declining parallel to religiosity. Increased crime,
?
>>
>>21851401
1. Religion doesn't prevent people from committing crimes.
2. Lack of personal morality, nothing stopping someone from committing crime but the law, leads to increased crime.
3. Religion promotes a healthy moral code.
4. People with a positive moral code are less likely to commit crimes than people with no moral code.

I have enjoyed discussing this, but even if you disagree with this particular point for whatever reason, everything in my original response still stands too.
>>
>>21851423
>religion promotes a healthy moral code
Would that be the arabs that blow themselves up or the catholics that fuck kids?
>>
>>21851168
God exists and it's you, that's why the whole world sucks is because this is how much power you have. No wonder you won't fix it.
>>
File: quote4.jpg (138 KB, 640x428)
138 KB
138 KB JPG
>>21851423
>>21851434
or christians who dream of genocide and empire when their very scripture tells them not to kill and disregard the material world
>>
God does exist, or at least a creater, I Know this l.
But I also know that religions are man mde.
>>
>>21851181
I doubt you are referring to the biblical God, but if you are that is absolutely not in the Bible.
>>
>>21851627
What convinced you?
>>
>>21851169
It's next to and is part of the waste disposal part of your body while also bring the reproductive organ. If that's a design then God is fucked up.
>>
I won't make a claim either way, but I think this is worth saying:

If it is real, it would be absolutely abhorrent of it to expect us to make sense of it so long as we exist in our material vessels. Any god that would impose confusing limits on you and then punish you for not coming to understand it in your incredibly short time alive is a cunt. Ego like that is not becoming of a divine entity. I refuse to believe in such a sort of god existing. If that is the true divine nature of things than creation itself is an ugly mistake of a lonely asshole imposing stockholm syndrome on its own creation.

Reminds me of those missionaries that met some eskimos. Told them about Christianity and God. Said that now that they have been exposed to the true word, they must follow or be cursed to eternal suffering. The Eskimo in response simply said "Then why did you tell us?"
>>
>>21851292
You are clearly attacking Christianity so I don't blame people who don't want to explain to you, you're welcome.
>>
All Deus is abstract personification of Numen. The ancient religions of the universe find their roots in Magi who manipulated Numen. Stop worshiping and start overcoming.
>>
Emc2 Matter is Energy, 01123581321345589144 God is all over and all over is God, dont fear.
>>
>>21851326
>General morality is declining parallel to religiosity.
And what’s this based off of? /pol/? You’ll find percentage wise the amount of non amoral psychos out there is far less than hundreds of years ago. If you need the existence of a sky fairy to stop you from going postal, YOU are morally bankrupt

>provides the answer to the unexplainable and incomprehensible nature of the universe
Provides A theory, not THE answer, and it’s only as relevant as an answer because of cultural indoctrination, not because the Bible can explain universal expansion

>large cause
Correlation

>Religion builds communities and bonds
It also destroys them. Your ridiculous arguments are why the church was the state for centuries “put all your blind faith and money in us or else you’ll be damned!!!”
>>
>>21851771
Asking questions is an attack?
>>
>>21851808
Yes.
>>
>>21851810
Howso?
>>
>>21851185
there wasnt nothing though. there were still simple rules and systems that govern the universe. the way these rules interact can cause unexpected, and infinently complex results. its all emergence dude

>science will never get an answer
yea we dont even know whats at the bottom of the ocean, but were supposed to know the answer if the origin of the creation of the universe. its still the beginning of modern science, im sure well get there one day.

but honestly my guess is we are in a simulation.

but op, i dont think your really going to find an answer. spirituality is not logical(i think its something you feel), and science is not all powerful.
>>
>>21851671
Not to mention we’re one of the only species with our balls, the source of our ability to reproduce, ridiculously vulnerable on the outside of our body. Such a shitty design.
>>
>>21851676
>thinking the all powerful creator with infinite knowledge of a nearly infinte universe cares about some stupid evolved monkeys on a blue planet

thats like me caring about what my toe nail clippings think.
>>
>>21851168
You arent looking in the right places. You arent specifically looking for the occult. I live in Africa and this shithole is rife with the occult. We call it juju and every thug, fake pastor or gang member is knee deep in that shit. All you have to do is google lagos gang shootout and see stories of bullets falling off people's bodies like they had multi-layered vests on. And its only getting worse.
Now If all these spiritual things exist then there is definitely a God
>>
>>21851168
LSD or Mushrooms and meditation/introspection
>>
File: 1543382041958.png (452 KB, 403x411)
452 KB
452 KB PNG
>>21851168
Discern what would constitute reasonable evidence for god, consider what intellectual honesty you want to hold yourself to.

And then either go get, or wait for that evidence.

And if you find it, subject it to scientific rigor .. and present it to the world;

If you literally figure out and talk to the creator of the fucking universe; then .. you have an extreme obligation to get that shit into the Universities.

And then figure out if your test, and evidence .. are .. or sustain, the honesty and intellectual responsibility you take upon yourself.
>>
>>21851168
lol
>>
>>21851168
Define "god"
The debate is pointless without a definition.
>>
You will never find a rational answer to the question. You have to seek wisdom.
>>
>>21851676
Like God would ever concern Himself with what some dumb monkey thinks makes you a "cunt" or not. Get real dude.
>>
>>21851623
fedora cringe
>>
God was created (or revised) specifically to make christianity difficult to disprove. Invisible but always watching, silent but always judging, capable of anything and everything but only works in subtle ways. By there being no physical, corporeal proof of the existence of God aside from the testimonies in the bible, there's nothing to disprove.
>>
>>21851222
Largest religion is Islam. Sorry mate, and I'm a christian
>>
Atheist myself here, idk but at least a deist or pantheist idea of a god would make more sense to me (wouldn't believe it myself but looks more respectable) that all the theists ideas of gods, more if they are those theists gods that are supposed to be interventionists, answering prayers and all that; they're very shy aren't they?
>>
>>21851169
>>21851671
Good. God did things right.
>>
>>21851185
The big bang was a massive reaction that kick-started the creation of suns and planets through force and gravity, but there is absolutely nothing to indicate that it was the first reaction at all. It was the right matter, at the right amount, in the right place and the right time to cause such a massive expulsion.
Prior to the big bang, the universe was a sea of matter, antimatter, and gravity. Claiming that a higher being manifested the big bang to create the universe is attaching human creativity and individuality to the completely natural birth of the universe.
>>
>>21855746
But that's just plainly not true
Christianity is the largest, just google it
>>
>>21855798
For shits n giggles I'd like to ask you a question.
If your god walked among you, how would you know?
Do you guys have a god detector?
>>
>>21851168
The degree is real.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.