[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1555136277249.png (538 KB, 800x1084)
538 KB
538 KB PNG
How does one achieve the bleeding background effect seen in this image without editing the subject? Is this done with an effect layer or filter? It's not the best example but I'm not sure what this is called and I couldn't find another image with the same effect.
>>
>>654448
What I like to do is select the general silhouette of my drawing and use that silhouette to erase a cut out into the solid color background. After that, all you have to do is put the solid color layer that you cut out in front of your drawing then hit gaussian blur. Voila you’re done

Tl;dr
1) Use select pixels on sketch layer
2)select solid color layer and hit delete
3)bring said layer to in front of the sketch
4)use appropriate amount of gaussian blur
>>
>>654448
Feathering
>>
>>654448
Basically >>654470. Just pick the background color with the color picker tool, get a brush with a soft edge and a stupid big radius, and just lightly go along character outline with outer edge of brush.
>>
>>654469
>>654470
>>654491
Nice suggestions anons, I'll try them tonight.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.