[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: tootdoodoo.gif (796 KB, 500x281)
796 KB
796 KB GIF
Looking for recs for drama/slice of life/psychological/etc anime (just no shonen or moeblob stuff) that are short (less than 3 seasons) and that have a happy and satisfying conclusion. I've gotten into anime recently and I notice this trend where the endings seem to be melancholy like its a sin to make the main characters happy at the end. Please drop some recs that buck this trend.
>>
>>627962
Maybe you're just watching anime that tend to have those types of endings (Especially true if you've been watching Hosoda/Shinkai films). Consider watching something from genres you don't usually watch and see if you like them. I'd also say check the director, but if you're new to anime, I guess you wouldn't really know the way some of the big ones tend to direct their stuff.
Anyway, here are some of my favorites:
Tokyo Godfathers
The Cat Returns
Mahoujin Guru Guru (2017)
Robotics;Notes
Happy Birthday: Inochi Kagayaku Toki
Sakura Quest

Also, what's wrong with cute girl shows?
>>
File: 1549260310336.png (854 KB, 1065x816)
854 KB
854 KB PNG
>>627969
Thanks for the recs anon I'll check them out.

>Also, what's wrong with cute girl shows?
It takes away from my suspension of disbelief when girls act the way they do in 'moe' style shows. I like when the characters have strong personalities (I don't mean 'strong' as in confident, just 'strong' as in defining traits). I think monogatari did this well; even though its a harem anime most (all?) of the girls had very different personalities and weren't just 'furniture'
>>
>>627962
Assuming you mean 3 cours (1 cour is 13 or less eps): Zegapain, Gundam X, Raideen The Superior, Daikengo, Comet Lucifer, Samurai Flamenco, Gundam Build Divers, Overman King Gainer, Sacred Seven- Wait a second

>psychological

Oh.... Well, Zegapain and Samurai Flamenco kind of fit the bill-

>slice of life

Oh....
>>
>>628151
Thanks for the recs. I didn't mean all three genres at once, just shows with some of those elements. I was being to narrow in my request. I guess what I was getting at is I like shows with character development and interpersonal relationships.
>>
>>628155
You might like Raideen The Superior, its basically Sailor Moon for boys. Just expect stretched out melodrama in the last third.
>>
>>627962
grimoire of zero. fantasy anime NOT ISEKAI with very strong character development and interpersonal relationships. 13 eps with a satisfying conclusion.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.