[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/wsr/ - Worksafe Requests

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Is it really not possible to upgrade the android version or root my LG G4, LG-H815 version? I've tried everything I could find in xda developers and everywhere else in the internet but I'm still unable to do either. The only thing I haven't tried is this https://www.oneclickroot.com/ which feels like an absolute scam. I have no programming knowledge but with what I've tried I believe rooting or upgrading is not possible because with this particular version of LG G4 the bootloader is impossible to unlock. Can anyone tell me if this is true and I should just give up? If it isn't, can you tell me how to unlock the bootloader and how to finally root or at least upgrade the android version of this fucker step by step? Like I said, I don't have any programming knowledge, but I do have this laptop and a slow internet connection. I hope that's enough to root this son of a bitch this has been bugging me ever since I bought the damn phone from my local online filipino shopping website.

If you come bearing only bad news it's fine. If you tell me that it really is impossible and I should just give up I will finally have peace of mind and I'll be able to accept this loss.

P.S. I just checked now in oneclickroot check root availability and they say it's possible. Last time I checked it wasn't but that was months ago. Should I pay for their service? Help

pic unrelated
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
>>627681
Why do you need root?
>>
>>627681
LG themselves provide instructions to unlock the bootloader: http://developer.lge.com/resource/mobile/RetrieveBootloader.dev?categoryId=CTULRS0702
Have you tried that?
>>
OP here sorry for the late reply I started this thread at 11 in the evening yesterday and I just woke up after 12+ hours of sleep, I slept at 4 in the morning

>>627785
I want to uninstall google's and LG's bloatware they set as system apps because there are so many and you can't do that without root plus maybe after rooting I can upgrade my android version

>>627814
oh shit anon I tried that but I used xda developers instructions they like to skim through the whole process I forgot I haven't tried LG's instructions themselves, fuck, so I haven't tried everything in the internet completely I even made an account there at LG Developer, thank you anon I'm going to try it out again while following LG's instructions to the letter and I'll report back later with my results

I'm gonna have to do it later though because I'm going outside so I may take a while to report back hopefully this thread doesn't die in the meantime

thanks again anon
>>
alright turns out my appointment outside got postponed for about more than an hour I'm gonna do this now hopefully that's enough time
>>
>>627993
Other option removing apps through adb.
https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/
>>
File: 125938749293857.png (24 KB, 826x493)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>627814
OP here with an update

I can't reboot the bootloader

still the same problem the reason why I can't unlock the bootloader ever since months ago

and apparently ADB with the command "adb devices" recognizes my device as an LGH810

what the heck is happening

help
>>
Ahh also I need to prepare to leave now I'll be back in 3 or 4 hours hopefully sooner
>>
Bump
I'm back
what can I do now
>>
>>628009
So, what happens when you type adb reboot bootloader?
>>
>>628067
The phone restarts normally
>>
>>628068
Apparently that only works for the "international" version of the phone.
Without one of these bad boys in front of me the best I can do is point you to these guides you may or may not have already seen:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/general/unlock-unlock-lg-g4-device-usu-t3760451
https://forum.xda-developers.com/g4/general/lg-g4-100-root-success-directives-root-t3180586
>>
>>628070
Yep I've seen them both before
I tried the injection method 3 times to no avail
and UsU needs Marshmallow firmware I have Lollipop 5.1 and the OP of that thread even said

>Yes you can flash and use UsU even when on LP but believe me: you don't want to. You will encounter issues sooner or later when runnin LP so take your time and upgrade your device to MM before proceeding here.

I tried upgrading to MM too but it also doesn't work

I don't know what I'm doing wrong I'm even considering just sending you the damn thing maybe you can figure out why the heck does LG's outdated flagship phone cannot be rooted or upgraded

Also, sorry for not replying >>628003 I checked that out too but the method is too much work and not even permanent, as the OP said

>uninstalled system applications can/will come back after a factory reset.

this might sound weird but I don't want to see those apps on my phone
ever again
even after a factory reset
they're all absolute trash and a waste of space
>>
Bump
>>
Just woke up
what do I do now
>>
Bump
>>
Bump before I sleep
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
Bump
>>
Bump

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.