[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/wsg/ - Worksafe GIF

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Supported file types are: GIF, WEBM
  • There are 18 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Metal Thread
Post easter edition

Last Thread:
>>2686859
>>
>>
File: Burzum - Jesus' Tod.webm (4 MB, 640x468)
4 MB
4 MB WEBM
>>
>>
>>
>>
where the fuck is emperor?!
i demand emperor.
>>
>>
>>
>>2815249
This is peak cringe edge lord. Not impressed.
>>
>>2816090
"Das Leben ist kein Wunschkonzert"

... but anyway
>>
>>
>>
>>2816794
Thanks for the constructive criticism and you're welcome.
>>
>>2815251
how'd you create this webm such that it exceeds the 5 minute limit?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_PYJYTicbE
>>
>>2821030
It's not that hard with just a single (or a couple) of still images at 1 fps to at least get a decent quality. But to get it uploaded with a longer duration than 5 Min you have to do a bit of hacking. I just changed the WebM container's (but of course not the actual video and audio stream) duration value to 5 Min with a hex editor. Because the board only checks for the container duration and not the actual video and audio stream, this works just fine. The longest WebM I did was around 44 Min long, but of course with a horrendous audio bitrate and sample rate to fit it into 4 MB.

I already made a couple of posts how to hack a WebM (which is't hard at all).
https://desuarchive.org/wsg/thread/2168279/#2210243
>>
File: testing.webm (2.82 MB, 482x480)
2.82 MB
2.82 MB WEBM
>>2821061
test. looking at hex is frustrating
>>
File: 1538861357921.webm (3.72 MB, 960x540)
3.72 MB
3.72 MB WEBM
>>2821061
>>2821454
oh, it worked! i never worked with hex before. i just poked around, looking for "4489" and since there were so many matches i picked a spot at random and replaced the numbers following with "8840FD4C00". not sure what the proper way to do it is. anyway, it seems to show up here as having a duration of 6:01 whereas your webms show 5:00 and increase as it exceeds that. mine also takes time to load beforehand.

what's your process like?
i used ffmpeg to merge the audio and image files, copying the audio then used
https://github.com/Kagami/boram
to do the converting to vp8/vorbis
messing with some parameters, although i'm not really sure what they do
edited the file with a hex editor and saved
it all seems to have worked... but by trial and error

one more thing... off topic, but would you happen to know how webm related changes resolution? that's insane!
>>
>>2821491
I use FFmpeg directly via command line (w/o other tools) with a couple of presets (like videos with proper video and the audio ones with 1 fps) that I saved (also always 2-pass-encoding) and later use the HexEditor route.

i.e. this one >>2821061
>ffmpeg -sws_flags lanczos+accurate_rnd+full_chroma_int+full_chroma_inp -y -loop 1 -framerate 1 -i cover.jpg -i 02.\ Phezur\ -\ Dissolving\ The\ Sea\ Of\ Yetzirah.mp3 -map_metadata 1 -c:v libvpx -c:a libvorbis -b:v 5k -b:a 49.6k -t 10:43.08 -vf scale=480:-4 -pix_fmt yuv420p -shortest -threads 0 -pass 1 -f webm /dev/null && ffmpeg -sws_flags lanczos+accurate_rnd+full_chroma_int+full_chroma_inp -y -loop 1 -framerate 1 -i cover.jpg -i 02.\ Phezur\ -\ Dissolving\ The\ Sea\ Of\ Yetzirah.mp3 -map_metadata 1 -c:v libvpx -c:a libvorbis -b:v 5k -b:a 49.6k -t 10:43.08 -vf scale=480:-4 -pix_fmt yuv420p -shortest -threads 0 -pass 2 -metadata creation_time=$( date "+%FT%T%z" ) -metadata title="Mephorash - Phezur: Dissolving The Sea Of Yetzirah" "Mephorash - Phezur - Dissolving The Sea Of Yetzirah.webm"

Shortened without the 2nd pass, metadata and other crap for better readability:
>ffmpeg -loop 1 -framerate 1 -i cover.jpg -i 02.\ Phezur\ -\ Dissolving\ The\ Sea\ Of\ Yetzirah.mp3 -c:v libvpx -c:a libvorbis -b:v 5k -b:a 49.6k -t 10:43.08 -vf scale=480:-4 -pix_fmt yuv420p -shortest "Mephorash - Phezur - Dissolving The Sea Of Yetzirah.webm"

btw. for hacking only the FIRST occurrence of 4489 is the right marker. Maybe it's easier for WebMs with a regular duration just to look for 448988, since this wouldn't show that many false positives, because just 4489 usually indeed can be found all over the place in a WebM by coincident.

But I'm pretty sure the hacking part is already covered by some tools (maybe like this one >>2821454), but again I prefer to only use FFmpeg directly, since I already stumbled across faulty WebMs around here

I guess the aspect ratio of your video changed somehow. First Part is 16/9, Black Adder is 4/3.
>>
File: baku.webm (3.91 MB, 480x360)
3.91 MB
3.91 MB WEBM
>>2821766
do you have a personal script? i've run across many wrapper programs based on ffmpeg written in a variety of languages. also do you calculate the bitrates manually?

where'd you find out about this hack? i wondered if there was a way to edit the metadata using ffmpeg. couldn't find anything online, don't know what to search
>>
>>2821936
Nah, not really. I wanted to write one but then I noticed for my typical usage the command line parameters are almost the same. So I just use my two typical lines (for regular videos and the 1 fps audio ones) and set the small differences like trimming the start and end position, the audio and video bitrates, filters for scaling, cropping, subtitles or even fade in and out etc. by hand. So I just have a couple of snippets for special stuff that I just add when necessary, i. e. the subtitle stuff that I just can't memorize or like >>2820986 and >>2815249 adding a 1 ms frame of a still image from the video before the video starts to avoid a completely black preview image on 4c.

And indeed to I usually calculate the starting parameters for the bitrates manually and raise or lower them to reach the max of 4MB if necessary. But I usually max out the file size, so most of my WebMs show up as 4MB big at 4c.

My formula for the video bitrate is like this:
>Target filesize in MB * 8192 / duration in seconds (- audio bitrate)

I usually have a fixed set of bitrates for the audio that I use accordingly. if the sound isn't that important (of course not in this thread) I go as low as 45 kB/s (which ist the lowest possible setting if the audio has a 44,1 kHz sample rate. But again if I want to squeeze 8-10 min of audio into a WebM I have to use the lower bitrate spectrum too like above sample with 49.6k bitrate, which isn't optimal but necessary. I use those fractions only to max out the file size for maximum quality. Usually for short music WebMs I try to be as close as possible to the original audio bitrate of the source file (usually 96k to 128k for Youtube vids) since going higher than the source would be a waste of space, but usually for the longer WebMs I'm more into the 56k-80k range.

For the audio only 1fps still image webMs luckily you can save space for the audio since at 1fps you only need a low video bitrate between 5-20 kB/s according to the resolution.
>>
>>2821936
Yes, you can edit the metadata with FFmpeg. It's just -metadata PARAM=Value, i.e. -metadata lyrics="abcde" (the WebM I just posted has lyric metadata) or -metadata comment="blah blah" or for 4chanX the most important metadata field -metadata title="Mephorash - 777: Third Woe" (I very often also put a link to the source video into the title field as well), but you can't manually change vital parameters like the duration via FFmpeg, since FFmpeg only produces valid video containers and sadly doesn't produce hacked ones.

Some people managed to hack WebMs before I managed my way around it and I wanted to know too how it worked. I only got the vague hint "HexEditor" and "duration", so I looked up the specification of the MKV-Container format and looked for "duration", since WebM is indeed just an MKV-Container after all.

https://matroska.org/technical/specs/index.html

And it wasn't that hard to find out that you can just change the value of the duration with the HexEditor-method to trick the board into accepting longer WebMs. The hard part was finding out the correct values for the 5 Min, 2 Min or the "funny" 1 ms hack that breaks the player. Because I still don't understand how to actually exactly calculate the duration value (according to the mkv documentation: "Duration of the Segment in nanoseconds based on TimestampScale") I just used a trial and error method buy slight changing a regular WebM until I had the correct Hex values.
>>
>>2821061
Motherfucker. That webm actually manages to crash my browser tab. Good work.
>>
new Sabaton single https://files.catbox.moe/f2vx69.mp4
>>
>>2825070
I never experienced any crashes via WebMs. The only visible problems are a couple of faulty WebMs that can't be seeked, which get posted around here quite frequently. But those don't crash the browser either but just exit with an error messages ("Error: Corrupt or unplayable video" like >>2820704 ) when trying to do so. I guess there are a couple of encoding tools out there that produce faulty WebMs. Judging from the metadata of the faulty vid above it's "WonderShare Matroska Muxer" and some other tools too that produce those non-seekable faulty WebMs.

Like I wrote above I always use the de-facto standard of FFmpeg without any intermediate tools. And the little bit of hacking usually doesn't make the WebMs unstable. The player (and luckily the board, since that's the whole point of it) just trusts the (hacked) duration from the container entry, but continues playing those videos regardless when the actual video and audio stream exceed the container duration. Only the timeline can look a bit weird when the actual duration of the video exceeds the container entry and gets corrected on the fly. I didn't even experienced any crashes when making those WebMs with a hacked duration of just 1 ms that fuck up the players timeline quite nicely (like >>2824374 ).
>>
>>
>>2816794
Not metal.
>>
>>
>>
File: Root - Black Iris.webm (4 MB, 320x180)
4 MB
4 MB WEBM
>>2832731
>>
>>2816794
Josephine Stephenson has the voice of an angel.
>>
File: Storm - Oppi Fjellet.webm (3.5 MB, 720x404)
3.5 MB
3.5 MB WEBM
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: Mistur - Svartsyn.webm (4 MB, 480x472)
4 MB
4 MB WEBM
>>
>>
>>2850699
>>
File: Jorn - I Walk Alone.webm (3.84 MB, 640x480)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB WEBM
>>2850699
>>2850715
love me some Jornkino
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>2858212
Huh this actually sounds kinda good, pretty surprising after the shit they put out the last years, vocalist even sounds like Landfermann
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsr0pwihGto

>>2858489
The new vocalist since the last album is Yvonne "Onielar" Wilczynska from Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult. And indeed is she very close to the singing style of Landfermann. She does a really great job. Which is kinda funny after hearing what Niklas Kvarforth did for the band a bit earlier. He might be a huge fan of the band, after all Bethlehem is one of the main inspirations for the whole Depressive Suicidal Black Metal Genre, but boy did his vocals suck for the two album he was the vocalist for Bethlehem. I like his other stuff, but his vocals for Bethlehem were absolutely horrible. I also prefer the german vocals as strangely cryptic as they might be and despite not being Onielars mothers tongue (she's polish) she does a fantastic job pronouncing the very often seemingly nonsensical lyrics. But Kvarforth's german is laughably bad (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYLdp8RgU5E) , so they went back to english lyrics like on their first album.
>>
>>2858212
>>
>>2859397
Nice, I'm very picky when it comes to BM vocals and I really enjoy the howling kind of sound.
Didn't even notice an accent, I'm pretty sure she must be fluent.
>>
>>
File: 1558460698523.webm (1.76 MB, 852x480)
1.76 MB
1.76 MB WEBM
Yo don't tell the mods there is a penis in this one, i just need to host it somewhere.
>>
>>2862888
Her's the original music video that I encoded a while ago.
>>
good shit
>>
File: Helheim - Evig.webm (4 MB, 640x572)
4 MB
4 MB WEBM
>>
>>2850699
>>2850715
What the fuck is this? Pretty good.
>>
>>2862888
Source on the video? Is this a movie?
>>
>>2866681
Chernobyl mini series on HBO.
It's absolute kino.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.