[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/w/ - Anime/Wallpapers

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Maximum file size allowed is 6144 KB.
  • Images smaller than 480x600 pixels are not allowed.
  • There are 74 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Now accepting credit card payment for 4chan Pass purchases and renewals. Click here for details.

Post your vector requests and recently done vectors here.
Previous Thread >>2098824

READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!

>Before requesting, here are some tips:
– Request an image ONCE per thread. Do not bump or second - once is enough.
– Check the lists below to see if your request has already been previously fulfilled.
– All requests are welcome, within reason, but remember:
– The poorer the quality of an image (in resolution and drawing ability), the less likely it will be picked up. The more detail seen and higher the resolution, the better.
– Full-body images preferred. Images cut off on 3 or more sides are very unlikely to be picked up due to their limited usage; keep this in mind when finding an image to request. (Hair or skirt edges that are barely cut off don't usually count)
– Requests for removing the background from an image (called a RENDER) and resizing requests should go to the IMT threads.
– Refrain from using renders for requests. Try to find the original non-rendered image; it is easier for vectorists to work with.
– Note: Overly complicated images are unlikely to be picked up due to their nature. IF your request is taken, please have patience.

>Check these places before requesting:
http://double-you-vectors.deviantart.com/
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B_VmbVyD4eT3N1VUbGN4Wjd5OVE
http://iqdb.org/
http://yande.re/post/index?tags=vector_trace
http://konachan.com/post/index?tags=vector
http://danbooru.donmai.us/post?tags=vector_trace
http://gelbooru.com/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=vector*
http://browse.minitokyo.net/gallery?tid=9&index=2
http://browse.deviantart.com/manga/digital/vector/?order=5

>Anime vectoring tutorials:
—online viewable guide (Inkscape): http://sites.google.com/site/jjaaba/main
—downloadable guide (Inkscape): http://www.mediafire.com/?xhj5d254zhui0tr
—Illustrator video tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3g0cRvqYRVE

>Thread archive
https://pastebin.com/sCZVSJYQ
>>
File: 1542529174068.jpg (119 KB, 562x1000)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
re-requesting, thanks
>>
File: ShinobuCuteS5.png (2.19 MB, 2560x1824)
2.19 MB
2.19 MB PNG
>>2115286
>>
>>2116352
whoa, how did you make that jeans pattern?
>>
>>2115579
>>2115578
>>2115577
>>2115576
Requesting any of these, Without blurryness or whatever.
>>
File: 1513080667514.jpg (134 KB, 1440x900)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
requesting
>>
Re-requesting since last thread died.
>>2116060
>>
>>2116501
I might pick up both of the blue haired girl, no promises.
>>
File: aaa.png (1.13 MB, 532x869)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
This in any context or form you wish, just something. Get to it! :D
>>
Forever grateful.
>>
>>2116425
I love that picture but could you make version with nose-job? I know original does have this ugly nose too but version with little touch of yours would not hurt.
>>
Anchor post.

Weapons on display are:
Aoi (on the left) - Howa Type 89, but without integral bipod
Ibara (middle) - M249 SAW Para
Taeko (right) - SVD Dragunov, original design, but with black polymer instead of wooden furniture

Forgot to mention last thread, here is the non-upscaled original in case it is of interest: https://i.imgur.com/6snzNsM.jpg

There also exists another version of this picture, although I very much doubt it's helpful at all, because it's even SMALLER and has a watermark plasted over it: https://i.imgur.com/WgFgs9t.jpg
Only difference is that there is just a little bit less of Ibara's thigh holster cut off at the bottom of the pic.
>>
File: 761269375_preview_9UbMOCc.png (1.12 MB, 1200x1610)
1.12 MB
1.12 MB PNG
Requesting neko Illya.
>>
>>2116745
Sure I'll take a crack at it after I finish it
>>
>>2116853
>Refrain from using renders for requests. Try to find the original non-rendered image; it is easier for vectorists to work with.

Almost impossible to get good lines with that hackjob crop on that request.
>>
>>2116942
For a scrub like you maybe. I would literally just trace the outline and still get good lines. But I'm not going to do it because I hate fateshit
>>
>>2117023
If you're gonna walk in here swinging your giant dick like that you need to post some examples of your work or else we'll all know your dick is actually only two inches long and you're compensating.
>>
>>2117066
Faggot
>>
>>2117076
Oh you're cute.
>>
>>2117077
no u
>>
>>2116942
Sorry, I thought this was the original because it was the biggest I could find. But now that I look at it I don't think there even is an original, or in other words that IS the original but someone just took a screenshot of illya, cut out the background, and pasted kitty decorations on her. If you look closely the ears coloring isn't even grainy like the ribbon is. And the hair on the left ear is cut off lol

Oh well. Maybe I will just commission someone to draw this properly for me then.
>>
File: 1540107047337.jpg (44 KB, 550x781)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>2117226
You are correct to assume that your picture is an edit, although it's not based on a screenshot but rather this artwork. Which is actually official, I believe.
>>
File: 1525827619163.jpg (1.26 MB, 2077x1814)
1.26 MB
1.26 MB JPG
>>2117227
>>
>>2117227
>>2117228
I see. Thank you
>>
File: IMG_20190122_081940_214.png (5.43 MB, 4471x7868)
5.43 MB
5.43 MB PNG
Made this. What do you think?
>>
>>2117267
Not a fan of all the blunt line ends on her face, and I feel like the inside corner of her right-hand ring finger's nail shouldn't be square-jointed.

Other than that, though, I've definitely seen worse vectors posted in here.
>>
File: RacingIA(ajigo).png (3.14 MB, 1696x2400)
3.14 MB
3.14 MB PNG
Requesting vector of the girl in pic related.
>>
Would it be too much to ask for 12 different vectors of chibi art in here?
>>
>>2117277
Thank you anon, I didn't notice that. I edited it so it's more rounded.
>>
>>2117365
You can always ask, but honestly that's a pretty big request and isn't super likely to be picked up unless the vectorists decide to make it another group-effort collection thing like they have in the past. But the odds of that happening are slim unless it's a good collection that they'd all wanna do anyway.
>>
Do any of you have online pages or blogs where I can commission you if I just want to pay to make sure my request gets done? Almost impossible to find paid artists to vectorize existing anime girl images, for some reason.
>>
>>2117409
I'm not sure how many here take commissions but I do it sometimes. I don't advertise myself as someone who does it but I get a few offers from time to time. We have a Deviantart group where we archive a fair portion of our stuff so I'd recommend looking on there and maybe sending Notes about your request to anyone who's art you like.

https://www.deviantart.com/double-you-vectors
>>
>>2117409
What are you trying to get vectored?
>>
File: 2019-01-23_11-21-04.png (133 KB, 664x650)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
could someone vector this logo for me? I imagine it'd be a pretty damn quick little thing. Im trying to scale it down to use in a wp but at the scale it is missing a lot of detail. Id appreciate it!
>>
File: 1522924309240.png (625 KB, 9016x9000)
625 KB
625 KB PNG
>>2117553
Sure.
>>
>>2117565
Thank you!
>>
>>2117409
I've also done it in the past. Depending on the project and the amount of time it can be more that you would think however.
>>
File: IMG_20181111_221609.jpg (314 KB, 1687x2086)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
Would really appreciate it if someone can make this Hec Maniac into a vector!
>>
File: ShinobuCuteF.png (1.63 MB, 5333x3800)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
>>2113423
Finished, and while I feel like I could have done a better job, I think the hair part that was missing looks alright.

Tried to make it look different so it wasn't a mirror of the other side.
>>
File: ShinobuCuteF1.png (1.63 MB, 5333x3800)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
>>2117677
Here is the same thing but with a few minor alterations and of course the nose change request.
>>
>>2117267
Interesting use of gradients there, especially in some places I wouldn't expect. Like around the edges of the shaded parts. Actually that might be some kind of blur, I'm not sure.

I think your line thickness could use some more consistency. I see you tried to differentiate the thickness based on what it was like hair or clothes.

My only real complaint is the use of too many rounded ends instead of sharp points. It's only in a few places, but I think the crisp points usually work better for the eye than the rounded ones do.

Pretty gud though. Can't wait to see what you'll do next.
>>
>>2117860
not that guy but i've been waiting for this, it's so fucking cute. Nice job with fixing the nose too. Am love u anon.
>>
>>2117860
You could become surgeon, nice nose job.
Only thing that does bother me and no one else in existence are those solid blushes blocking actual hair.

Great job, I'll make wallpaper with it, thank you.(is not my request either)
>>
>>2117897
The blushes your referring to are in the original. Please post whatever wallpaper you make with it.
>>
File: g7722.png (2.05 MB, 10000x7480)
2.05 MB
2.05 MB PNG
>>2116501
hows this lookin?
>>
File: CoppelionWIP-01.png (1.63 MB, 5000x7200)
1.63 MB
1.63 MB PNG
>>2116754
Update time

>>2114670
>>2115698
Sorry about that.
>>
>>2118168
Why change the colors so much? It looks kind of off compared to the original.
>>
>>2117897
post the wallpaper when you do!
>>
File: Madeintyo.jpg (174 KB, 1200x1200)
174 KB
174 KB JPG
I know it's not anime but there isn't a vector thread on /wg/. Can I get this vectored without the text please?
>>
>>2118168
The colors in the original seem faded to me, which is fine for the source art, but I think doesn't translate well to a vector.

>>2118172
That being said, if you're sticking with the saturated colors, I would suggest giving the skin a more fleshy color. Otherwise she looks way too pale.
>>
i started vectoring but i suck, can someone pick this up? If not i'll give it my best college try.
>>
>>2118312
resolution was too small so i had to run it through waifu2x
>>
>>2118312
There is maybe 3-5 active people on here at the most. Maybe your not so good now, but the more you do it the better your stuff will look.

Vectoring is actually quite relaxing and of course your first things will look terrible but they always do. I wouldn't fret you'll get much faster and better if you keep it up.
>>
File: 1544960677469.png (3.21 MB, 5000x7297)
3.21 MB
3.21 MB PNG
>>2118168
OR here. Personally I don't see much problem with the colours. In fact, I like how you did the skin colour just the way it is, and hope you keep it that way. Because
>>2118281
the Coppelion girls are unnaturally pale in the canon of their story (because they were genetically manipulated yadda yadda). Hence the skin appears to be so pale on the original picture not because of washed-out colours, but because their skin actually is just THAT pale.

Worth pointing out to me would be some other details:
- It's difficult to make out on the original image, because of its utterly shitty resolution, but there is a strand of hair curving upwards, which I think is worth retaining. Just looks nice.
- If it isn't too much of a hassle, would you mind to try and get the upper half of the second thigh holster strap included, i.e. slightly lower the cut-off point at the vector's bottom? (Probably should have brought that up last thread but it slipped my mind)
- Can't really point to the cause, but the nose looks just a bit wonky to me. Maybe it's because there is no shading/shadows on it yet? Or probably because it's hard to trace right, what with the shitty base image resolution again. I have to apologize.

But overall I think it's shaping up nicely already! Not that I'm a vector expert or whatever, just my subjective impression of an excited person.
>>
>>2118315
it's just that i want to make this one into a decal for my car so i kinda dont wanna mess it up myself. I'll give it a try though and see how it turns out!
>>
>>2118329
You can do it anon, I believe in you!
>>
File: EvaTransparent275.png (1.04 MB, 850x1554)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
Requesting
>>
>>2118329
Just as this guy said >>2118330. You can do it if you try! Honestly, vectoring is very relaxing after a long day and it's nice to sit down and do something creative while watching a show or a movie. I personally like a good beer and a good show while I'm doing it. It doesn't feel like work that way. Don't worry to much about the results, just give it your best shot and you'll get better with time. You'll learn the nuances of whatever program you're working with and soon enough it will be second nature.
>>
>>2118373
>Refrain from using renders for requests. Try to find the original non-rendered image; it is easier for vectorists to work with.
If you can get a non rendered image for the request you'll have a better chance of someone picking it up.
>>
>>2118381
Looking at the image, I don't even like it. :-/ Is this one better?
>>
>>2118382
It's a bit better. In my personal experience working with a source image less than 1920x1080 is a bit difficult, especially when the source doesn't have defined lines or blurry lines. Have you tried vectoring yourself? You might find that you like it and it opens a lot of avenues when making wallpapers or whatever else you would need a vector for.
>>
>>2118382
Run it through waifu2x and then letsenhance and I'll give it a go when I get back from work
>>
>>2118384
Better?
>>
>>2118386
Yeah much better. I'll give it a go but can't promise I'll be quick
>>
>>2118387
I appreciate it.
>>
>>2116544
here you go anon.
i used inkscapes trace bitmap function. you might get even better results if you play around a bit and try different settings.
>>
>>2118399
This is actually the one time where I can say the auto trace actually was a good idea.
>>
when can we upload SVG files to this board????

i can use SVG as background on my pc far ago
>>
>>2118399
I love it man, thank you so much. I can put the final touches on the fight stick art now.
>>
>tfw no cute things to vector
>every request is either garbage or a 6 month commitment

I know the vector thread is the slowest one on the board, but goodness usually there would at least be a few decent requests by now.
>>
>>2118556
Give this >>2118386 a try.
>>
>>2118557
>legs cut off

Not into amputees sempai, but I'm not opposed to Asuka.
>>
Not a request but this is easily the best place to ask this. You guys' work is probably some of the cleanest, nicest vector work I've seen anywhere. I'm an animator and I work in flash, I usually don't really worry much about getting my lines super nice. Do you guys have any tips on getting a vector drawing this clean? also how often do you use bitmap tracing and to what extent and what settings/programs?
Pardon for the slightly offtopic question, I would be really glad to get some tips.
Image: Traditional drawing that I aliased, bitmap traced in flash, and smoothed out.
>>
Been a few years since I tried requesting this.
>>
>>2118565
How's this?
>>
>>2118579
You hand trace it, I have never used bitmap tracing as it sucks for what we are doing.

For settings just a couple custom hotkeys in Illustrator and my most used pallets organized but nothing extreme.

Watch the videos in the OP to see how we do it.
>>
>>2117860
>>2117677
omg thank you anon I hadn't realized you finished this thank you so much it looks amazing
The nosejob really helped for sure!
>>
>>2118314
If a request is too small to post in thread it should be rehosted somewhere else rather than resizing or adding blank space, so the vectorist that picks it up has the best source to work from available.
>>
>>2118579
As this guy >>2118587 said, don't use tracing when doing a vector. The result will almost always look like ass. Each line is done individually using a node tool, as well as the colors. You're basically going over the source image and redoing the entire thing. Some vectors can take a couple hours or a hundred hours depending on what your working on. Common programs are illustrator and inkscape, the latter being free. Affinity designer is also one but it costs money and isn't compatible with other programs. Look at the tutorial and get a feel for it if you want, just know it's a pretty big time sink.
>>
>>2118581
I'm not really excited about this one either. I tried looking for some good Asuka stuff since you probably just want your waifu vectored.

There is surprisingly little in the way of good art with her. I must say I'm a little disappointed since its such a big show. But I'll keep trying to find something good. I'm sure somewhere out there is a great asuka just waiting to be vectored.
>>
>>2118588
I'm glad you liked it anon. That makes 3 Shinobu things I've done. For some reason I can't seem to get enough of that cute little bat.
>>
>>2118645
Good luck! Because I'm right there with you. There's some decent and good Asuka stuff but nothing that's amazing! great.
>>
>>2118587
>>2118633
Damn
I can't believe you retrace the full image using nodes and the pen tool. I thought you guys at least used the brush tool. This is some ukiyo e carving level stuff.
Thanks for answering my questions.
>>
File: ShinobuCute.png (504 KB, 2560x1824)
504 KB
504 KB PNG
>>2118659
It's a very time consuming process which is why most of our requests don't get picked up. It really takes a great or simple image for someone to want to spend 10-100 hours looking at it.
>>
>>2118680
This is true.
>>2118659
As he said most images just aren't up to snuff for a vector. It is encouraged to learn the process yourself though, that way if you have an image or whatever that you want you can do it yourself without waiting for someone to pick up your request. It also helps the community here as well. Since your an animator I'm sure that your used to spending a large amount of time on something that most people will think takes only a couple hours. It's the same thing here really.
>>
>>2118680
give me your best tips for doing this
>>
>>2118684
Be patient
keep your nodes parallel
keep your handles parallel
keep your line width consistent between items of the same material like skin, clothing, hair, metal...
You can be sloppy when coloring as long as your colors are under the line work

Personal preference:
if you need some small gradients on a large area, like shadows around an edge, color the whole thing > make a new shape > make a gradient that is the "new color" and fades to invisible not to the old color. It just fucks it up sometimes.
Since you are new, use the new coloring don't be afraid to use gradient mesh or freeform gradient. They look harder than they really are.
>>
Can someone vector this please?
>>
>>2118974
Seconding this.
>>
>>2116352
Are there any edits made with OP's pic?
>>
>>2119001
We don't tend to post many wallpapers with the vectors in here, just the images people can use to make them from.

>>2118986
>– Request an image ONCE per thread. Do not bump or second - once is enough.
>>
File: wallhaven-690752.png (702 KB, 1920x1080)
702 KB
702 KB PNG
Requesting! Thank you very much
>>
>>2119002
Sorry I don't come here often and I'm not the guy who originally posted the image either.
>>
Requesting this avocado as a vector so i can make a tshirt of it, i know its not anime but if someone could do it i would owe them for life
>>
>>2118687
not prev anon asking for tips, a
i'm just starting to learn vectorizing (again, I did a little bit years ago), i'm deciding/going between Affinity Designer and Inkscape, any recommendations between them? or other tools i should be using?
>>
>>2119205
oh, the other question iv had is when to use strokes or fills for lines
>>
>>2119206
The best time to use strokes is for mechanical items; things like guns or gears or anything that would be machined irl can handle the absolute uniformity that strokes provide.

Things like cloth, skin or hair are much better suited to fills, so they aren't so stiff.
>>
>>2119205
>>2119206
Not who you're replying to but I actually have both. Affinity is nice if your doing strictly solo work. It doesn't have support when transferring WIP stuff between software. If you really wanna give it a go check it out on youtube or whatever. Inkscape is your best bet if your getting the hang of things again since it's free and has tons of info online. I really like affinity after using it for about a month but I don't suggest it unless you know you will be using it exclusively. For lines use the bezier tool and place nodes, make sure all handles and nodes are parallel and of equal length then fill and get rid of the stroke. Never use just strokes for line work, it looks lazy and won't turn out right unless your going for something like this guy said >>2119207. Go inkscape first but also check out affinity if your willing to shell out $50.
>>
Requesting this please
>>
File: tbgJQ1P.png (120 KB, 600x600)
120 KB
120 KB PNG
requesting
>>
File: avocado_1.0.png (996 KB, 2450x3466)
996 KB
996 KB PNG
>>2119128
>>
>>2119209
i already have affinity photo+designer
and when i say iv 'done it before', i mean converted a shitty wallpaper, which took 4 ellipses and a rectangle. so forget that

/how/ do you keep line thickness constant?

>>2119207
yeah, that makes perfect sense, thanks!
>>
>>2119240
>/how/ do you keep line thickness constant?
With practice and patience. There is no magic setting to make it work.

As people have already said a good practice to make it easier to get right is to keep nodes and handles parallel, but it's still on you to place them correctly in the first place.
>>
File: linework.png (114 KB, 1920x1080)
114 KB
114 KB PNG
>>2119240
Since you have designer I'll use a screenshot from one I'm working on in designer as an example (Can't show source it's to NSFW). I like to place nodes intermittently along the line that I want to replicate. As you can see the nodes are all placed directly across from eachother and the handles are then manipulated to be parallel to eachother as well as being the same length on each side. I will usually do this first and see how it looks on top of the source as well as with a white background. If the line is inconsistent anywhere I will drag the node just a bit towards the one opposite of it to make the consistency better. The trick is to just practice and develop an eye for getting them consistent. I like looking at just the lines with no background or colors and adjust any of them that need it. Usually you want to try and keep line types consistent with eachother, such as hair, clothes, and body lines. Hair lines can be thinner or thicker than the clothes as long as all of the hair lines are consistent with eachother. I will post a couple comparisons to try and give an example as well.
>>
File: lines.png (202 KB, 1920x1080)
202 KB
202 KB PNG
>>2119281
After looking at this a lot of the lines that are shown are pretty inconsistent. I'm not worried about it personally since this is for a friend and they don't really care. Color post coming after.
>>
File: colors.png (365 KB, 1920x1080)
365 KB
365 KB PNG
>>2119283
And here it is with color. Notice that you can't really see the inconsistencies as well with the colors.
>>
>>2119281
>Can't show source it's to NSFW

That just makes me what to know the source even more... come on Anon, dont be stingy.
>>
>>2119298
Just search 'winged_cloud' on konachan, it's on page 6. I had no idea it existed until my friend told me, the site is pretty good for finding lewd stuff to vector.
>>
>>2119299
It's okay to link to lewd content on blue boards as long as it's not uploaded to the board directly.

>>2119298
https://konachan.com/post/show/245875
>>
>>2119277
>>2119283
yeah, now I get it. till now I would have done >>2119281 with only maybe 4 nodes

>>2119286
How do you get edges to connect so smoothly? like in the left eye, where the white meets the black on the left side

not the right words to say what I want but i had this thought before, but now I'm really getting it
>it really isn't converting an image it to a vector.. instead it truely is taking the artwork and creating it anew in a different medium. Cause if you actually do it right, it's not the same exact thing, it won't have the inconsistent line thickness or human error
>>
>>2119385
Generally you want to use fewer nodes rather than more; you get smoother and more natural lines that way. I don't know what >>2119281 is thinking honestly.
>>
File: 1531980158585.jpg (716 KB, 2400x1080)
716 KB
716 KB JPG
please <3
>>
File: connection.png (145 KB, 1920x1080)
145 KB
145 KB PNG
>>2119310
Good to know thanks.
>>2119387
As I said, on that particular vector I didn't really pay to much attention to the consistency, that led to using to many nodes on a few of the lines. I usually do a final pass and adjust or edit lines at the end that need it.
>>2119385
Stick with doing the fewest nodes possible, the guy above is right. It leads to it looking a lot better and more natural. For connections I zoom in a lot and just get it to connect smoothly, there isn't all to much technique for it honestly. After a while you get the feel for it.
>it really isn't converting an image it to a vector.. instead it truely is taking the artwork and creating it anew in a different medium. Cause if you actually do it right, it's not the same exact thing, it won't have the inconsistent line thickness or human error
correct. Your recreating the image and improving it to make it look better basically.
pic is the connection for the eye. I will go back later and edit most of the lines to look more natural, after having it pointed out it's really starting to bother me.
>>
>>2119385
If you use illustrator you can turn on options like snap to point. Also, you can normally drag a point to a line and it snaps to it and says "path". YOu can also temporarily turn on smart guids with [ctrl] or [cmd] + [U], you should normally keep this off.
>>
>>2118097
didn't check the thread in some time, but that looks really good, thank you anon
>>
File: path7069-8.png (5.36 MB, 10000x8373)
5.36 MB
5.36 MB PNG
was anyone looking forward to this?
drop it a long time ago, not sure if it was a request i picked up.
planning on finishing it up.
>>
>>2119697
Why would you drop it when it's so closed to being finished?
>>
>>2119727
>drop(ped) it a long time ago
>planning on finishing it up
reading comprehension
>>
>>2119697
How did you find the strength to finish it? I have several things I started but never finished. I can't even spend 10 minutes on them anymore when I open up their svg files.
>>
>>2119780
desu i have a lot of unfinished work too.
because doing vectors free up some time to listen to songs, doing vectors is another excuse to listen to some songs.
>>2119727
i got busy with a project right before finishing it.
>>
File: konekos.png (5.85 MB, 9000x7506)
5.85 MB
5.85 MB PNG
>>2119697
after a year for the poor girl to be faceless, ive finally finished it.
while i move on to the next uncompleted vector, if anyone would point out to any flaws or improvements no matter how small, it would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>2120028
Beautiful!
>>
File: bitmap.png (807 KB, 4000x6452)
807 KB
807 KB PNG
>>2120030
thanks man, im pretty proud of it, but im sure theres a lot i could improve on. reminded me when i first posted one of my work. oof pretty sure i pissed of someone back than.(this is after i improved on it a little)
>>
>>2120034
No worries. You only get better, please keep at it!
>>
>>2120028
I really like it, but I'm biased because I really liked the picture it is based on already
>>
>>2120028
Really nice. Now I somehow would also like to see this one vectored https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/5943599
>>
>>2120028
You forgot to clip the shirt line to be behind the hair under the neck for the girl on the right.

Otherwise, rest is fine for the most part. The longer more complicated lines, such as the arms, hands, and mouths are wobbly and inconsistent in thickness. As you vector more, you will get better at node placement and how to manipulate the handles to get a smoother line.

Make sure you continue to make sure nodes and handles are parallel and you will improve.
>>
File: 1462628285-896203784.jpg (211 KB, 1002x1280)
211 KB
211 KB JPG
>>2116352
Humbly requesting this cute and precious Nico Yazawa. If anyone decides to take it, I will be forever grateful.
>>
Requesting these, I need them for a school project, thank you for your hard work!
>>
>>2120297
>>
>>2120297

If it's for a school project, I would say you're better off looking at the tutorial in the OP and doing it yourself...

Chances of someone picking it up are slim.

Besides, why should we do YOUR work for you with no recompense?
>>
>>2120297
>>2120300
What this guy >>2120311 said. Also, requests don't get picked up to often. Even when they are it's very iffy when you'll get it if at all.
>>
File: 4604456420.jpg (48 KB, 1280x960)
48 KB
48 KB JPG
Very please. Thanks.
>>
>>2120346
That image was from old tumblr post. I just google one and found a higher res one.

https://www.zerochan.net/601206
>>
>>2120311
Isn't it reward enough to help the ones in need? Isn't that why you are taking requests in the first place?
>>
>>2120351
Wouldn't you feel rewarded from doing your own fucking work? You could also help out in filling some of the other requests in here while you're at it, since you find it so rewarding.

I take requests here when I think an image looks nice and that it has details that might be fun/interesting to figure how to trace. I do it as a means of practice. Being helpful in the process is pretty nice but that's secondary.
>>
File: a.png (1.79 MB, 2790x5000)
1.79 MB
1.79 MB PNG
Sharing, source is >>2110415
>>
>>2120355
I don't really know how to do it, i guess i could learn it but when there is an entire thread dedicated to it, might as well give it a shot. I'm not forcing you to do anything.
>>
https://files.catbox.moe/2aa9ae.png

Requesting render and vector of the girl, watermark removed too duh.
>>
Is there a place to share .svgs?
>>
>>2120463
Yes, there is. Try gist.github.com or volafile.
>>
File: Nichijou.full.1041363.png (1.91 MB, 3310x6890)
1.91 MB
1.91 MB PNG
Made this. I'm not very satisfied with it however.
>>
>>2120547
Try to taper the ends of your lines instead of rounding them up as if they were strokes. Some might argue that that's how they look in animation but to me that's just a poor excuse to be lazy and use strokes. Sharp points on lines just looks a lot more detailed and cleaner to me and the whole point of vectoring is for things to look as sharp/clean as they can. Also, while your line consistency within the lines themselves is good, I'd also try to keep a consistency within the whole image with your lines weight. Some around the exterior are thick compared to the ones on the features like the mouth for example, which is way too thin. Weight variation can be good when used on different groups of elements but even this is just too much of a disparity. I'd start with that really, otherwise you're doing fine. One thing to work towards though would be not to rely too heavily on color picking from the source directly. The colors on this one for example are kinda bad imo. You can either use a different reference that you feel has more normalized colors and lighting or just tweak them by hand.
>>
File: Konekos.png (5.85 MB, 9000x7506)
5.85 MB
5.85 MB PNG
>>2120094
oh missed that, and ill keep that in mind. thanks.
>>2120056
https://files.catbox.moe/2q5ufk.png ;)
>>
File: 1539071725066.png (298 KB, 2271x2380)
298 KB
298 KB PNG
>>2120819
Doing god's work
>>
Where do you guys usually find stuff to vector? I'm getting tired of vectoring lude stuff. I'm having a hell of a time finding stuff that's cute but not NSFW.
>>
>>2120994
I just wait for people to post cute things here. Why go through the effort of looking when O can just wait for a good request in this thread.

Someone gets their waifu vectored and they in return find me something worth vectoring. I will admit that the current thread has been really slow with requests though.
>>
>>2120994
Either I pick up requests here that I like or I collect cute stuff on the side as I browse boorus for lewd stuff.
>>
>>2120994
I will pick things up here and do things as I see them in a show when I was watching it.
>>
>>2121001
>>2121003
>>2121009
Thanks for the advice guys, guess I'll go trolling around on boorus and try to find something.
>>
File: 1509924333094~01.jpg (208 KB, 1489x1080)
208 KB
208 KB JPG
Requesting just Tohru and maybe a version with the hearts too? Thank you!
>>
File: 100%Woman.jpg (739 KB, 1598x2260)
739 KB
739 KB JPG
>>2116352
When it comes to this woman, there are many pictures to pick from.
I request this one because:
-no triangle chin (no more stab-stab issues)
-no lewd(
-no spooky basketball sized eyes
-actual nose instead of small dot
-headband giving the hair at least little bit of explanation

Downside
>cut out legs

character name: Astolfo
picture is from pixiv: ウムウム
Take it or not, I want to thank you all for contributing here, to play around with your work in gimp is what brings me joy in lonely days. I tried to do some requests myself, but I m too low iq to do them properly.
>>
>>2121247
>When it comes to this woman

Oh you sweet summer child...
>>
File: FleetCommand.jpg (146 KB, 1920x1080)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Vector Request of the girl. Free Internet Points if you can complete her hair. The girl is Hana from Captain Earth.
>>
Not a cute girl, but I'm requesting vector and removal of red background to print onto a t-shirt.
Please help make me feel less lonely.
>>
File: tropica anna.png (435 KB, 670x790)
435 KB
435 KB PNG
Odd request but please don't make fun of mai waifu. The lettering on her fruit basket doesn't need any vectoring and I don't mind if the oranges are simplified a little.
>>
Needed for my car livery pls
>>
>>2121490
I'd recommend doing a reverse image search before posting on here because this pic is incredibly small and I feel many details will be hard to vector because of it
>>
>>2121495
This was direct from goodsmile, and the only good full version with no text I could find. I have since run it through an uscaler and got good results making it 400% larger.
>>
Also, if someone is feeling super generous and wants to do another...
>>
>>2121504
Using waifu2x's noise reduction doesn't improve it details. Good luck trying to figure out what the words on her shirt say
>>
File: nico_itasha.png (1.6 MB, 1500x996)
1.6 MB
1.6 MB PNG
I was recently contacted on DeviantArt requesting the .ai file for a vector I did for one of the contests we had a while back. He was using it for his itasha. Wanted to share because I think it's neat to see the creative ways people use vectors outside of wallpapers.

Credit: Instagram @advancemor
>>
File: GSR logo.png (953 KB, 3000x1150)
953 KB
953 KB PNG
>>2121533
...it's the GoodSmile Racing logo...

On her leg is the Crypton logo and on the tie is the Piapro logo.

Anything else?
>>
File: IMG_20190219_125822_302.jpg (2.3 MB, 3293x2268)
2.3 MB
2.3 MB JPG
>>2121533
Ouch. I didn't notice what it did to the logos.
>>2121535
Pic related is what I've got as of now. Need to add hood and hatch stuff.
>>
>>2121548
wish i had the balls for this.
>>
File: IMG_20190221_012215.jpg (3.84 MB, 3456x4608)
3.84 MB
3.84 MB JPG
>>2121535
It's on my wall too!
>>
Requesting vector and render of this, with shadows removed:
https://files.catbox.moe/o712at.jpg
>>
>>2121612
I did it as a joke, and now I love it. It gets so much good attention; everyone seems to like it.
>>
>>2121637
haha, an actual wallpaper
>>
>>2120297
Get better taste in anime.
>>
>>2121640
how much did you spend?
>>
>>2121504
>>2121505
Thinking about picking one of these up. It probably won't be good enough for your intended use but I want to do it anyway.

They are both really cute so its hard to decide which one to do.
>>
>>2121645
Just imagine one of dauls masterworks on the side of a building or something. I think that would be pretty cool.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.