[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

What are some endless 8-bit/16-bit (plus PS1 and handhelds like GBA, NGPC, related of the time (I know it's barely /vr/)), preferably RPG, just to sink a lot of time into?
What are some games with great replay value? What are other types (non-RPG) games that are great to sink time into?

Thanks. I'm personally just looking for some games of that time to get into. But I'm quite curious in general.
>>
As far as I know, modern games made for old consoles are okay on /vr/ too, so I'd say those are okay answer too, if anyone knows any. I find it quite hard to find modern games for them.
>>
Are you really wanting to waste your life with videogames?

You are better than that man. I tell you this because I want you to be well. You can do better.

Have a more purposeful use of your time, for your own good. You know deep inside that I'm talking the truth here.
Wish you the best.
>>
>>5730290
monster rancher
harvest moon
>>
>>5730290
If you're willing to accept PC games from that era, these should last you a LONG time:

Ultima 6 (with Nuvie source port)
The Complete Ultima 7 (with Exult source port)
Ultima Underworld
Ultima Underworld 2
Arx Fatalis
Gothic
Gothic 2 Gold Edition
Might and Magic 6
Might and Magic 7
Wizardry 8 (make sure you install the speed up patch)
Deus Ex
System Shock
System Shock 2
Planescape Torment
Diablo
Diablo 2
Baldur's Gate
Baldur's Gate 2
Fallout
Fallout 2

>What are other types (non-RPG) games that are great to sink time into?

Uncharted Waters - New Horizons
>>
>>5730307
Fuck off wagie retard.
>>
>>5730307
My work in the military has me sitting around and doing nothing (while getting paid more than I ever made actually working in the civil market), so yes, please I would like to do that.
>>
>>5730330
Thanks, that's a really great list but I'll mostly be using a handheld for it so PC isn't really an option.

>>5730327
Good. Thanks.
>>
>>5730307
This but unironically. There's much more interesting things you can do than spending your life playing repetitive RPGs.
>>
>>5730430
>tfw spent my teens and 20s doing nothing but playing RPGs and fighting games
at least I don't suck at street fighter
>>
>>5730307
>>5730430
I mean, you could do worse. You could spend your life doing things you don't enjoy just to die like everyone else.
>>
Evolution on the NGPC is p good
>>
>>5730307
So what are YOU doing here than?
>>
>>5730290
i have no fuckin idea, but i love harukana recieve
>>
File: grimoire_advice.png (211 KB, 1032x798)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>>5730307
Nothing's wrong with video games.
>>
>>5731132
Hei, that is good advice!
>>
>>5730290
>>5730353
If you're playing on handheld (and assuming that you're emulating) then try Uncharted Waters: New Horizons.
>>
>>5730290
>NGPC,
SNK VS Capcom Card Fighters.
>>
bumping for interest
>>
>>5730353
FFL1 and 2
emulated FF5 and SaGa Frontier
>>
>>5730290
who this
>>
>>5733717
some slut from Harukana Receive
>>
>>5730290
There's a few Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy games on the GBC and GBA if you haven't played them yet. I recommend FFV, the class-changing system makes it my favorite in the series.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.