[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I’ll be in Tokyo soon and lurking around online, Super Potato is hands down the best but I’ve also read to avoid Akihabara in general since it’s a tourist trap. Allegedly normal people don’t go there and all the merch is really marketed towards dumb gaijin since it’s the most famous and well known. Even large local chains like Hard off, Retro Game Camp, Friends or Traders will have inflated prices due to the tourism (allegedly).

Basically I want to buy a Dualshock 3, PS Vita and PlayStation 2 BB unit (the network adapter and Hard drive). Not retro I know but I have no interest in retro consoles due to me living in 220v land and I don’t want to deal with power transformers, region locking and Japanese scalpers. Still it will be fun to see consoles I have never seen irl like the N64, Saturn, PC Engine, Mega Drive, Virtual Boy etc.

>inb4 zoomer
>>
>>5729276
i don't know what you mean by best. their all relatively fairly priced, even the ones in the middle of tokyo and shibuya. youre not going to get butt fucked, just buy your shit and get outta there. zoom zoom.
>>
>>5729284
That’s the conundrum. Akihabara will have the best stuff but generally you’ll pay big $$$ for it. You can’t have good and cheap, it’s either one or the other.
>>
>>5729276
>youtube told me what to think
>can you also tell me what to think?
You're a zoomer tourist. Go to your tourist traps.

>>5729313
>You can’t have good and cheap
True. He can't. Other people are a different story.
>>
>>5729276

Hard Off and Book Off, the further away from tourist areas the better. I found in-box Gamecube component cables for 300 yen in the basement of a Hard Off (~$3 USD). Super Potato is overpriced and filled with mayo tourists saying "Oh my god, is that an N64?! Babe, remember N64?"
>>
>>5730570
>You're a zoomer tourist. Go to your tourist traps.
I'm going to agree with the above, but I'll say that's not really a bad thing on its own. Akihabara will have the most spectacle (which is free in itself), while also having other /vr/ stuff like classic arcades.

>>5729313
>You can’t have good and cheap
Yahoo Auctions. You don't even need to be in Japan for that.
>>
>>5729276
>Xbox and PS2

NOT RETRO
>>
>>5730904
OP is doing this on purpose now. The same pic was used here for a thread only a couple of weeks ago and the thread was not removed. Its got to be the same guy doing it. He's posting some very subtle bait.
>>
>>5730904
>>5730946
>Xbox and PS2 and Dreamcast*
NOT RETRO
>>
>>5729276
>how do I avoid tourist traps
>going to Tokyo
Lmao
>>
>>5729276
>in Tokyo
none, all of them charge eBay prices.
>>
>>5730875
As usual, best part gets ignored. For some reason I didn't even think about Yahoo Auctions. If OP knows where he's going to be staying and when or even better if he has a friend with a permanent address who could be putting stuff in a pile for him he could be accumulating enough to fill whatever unused luggage space he will have for his return trip.
>>
>>5731458
I don't have any friends in Tokyo and have no interest in paying a commission to strangers. I love retro consoles but I won't go that far.
>>
>>5731732
They wouldn't need to live in Tokyo
>>
Is out there a service to buy in Yahoo Auctions without being in Japan? I was looking about this and found some shady site to offer this service, I would like to know what of these ones is a trusted one Who can send stuff to south america
>>
>>5732697
>Is out there a service to buy in Yahoo Auctions without being in Japan?
No. Apparently Out There is a service that does landscaping in Ireland. Fucking ESLs
>>
File: 1556380075474.jpg (137 KB, 1024x729)
137 KB
137 KB JPG
lvr/ games worth getting?
Going to Tokyo myself.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.