[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why are there never any rom dumps for newer Atari based games? Not a single rom to be found for the Lynx's Wyvern Tales. Or even the Jaguar's Mad Bodies, which is a decade old now. Is it because people who buy these games are passionate about supporting the homebrew developers?
>>
>>5656296
call me retarded or autistic but i've had zero luck finding roms for literally any system within the past year or so.

from what i understand, most rom websites were cucked by video game manufacturers like nintendo somewhat recently so it's a lot harder than a simple google search to find roms.

i know nothing about any of the atari systems but this is an issue that extends to most gaming systems afaik.
>>
>>5656821
It's not that. I'm fairly familiar with a few sites that offer an extensive catalog of full games. It seems to be exclusively with Atari games. At least with the consoles I'm concerned about.
Take Pier Solar. That came out years later for the Genesis, but could still be found as a rom. Not so much with anything Lynx or Jaguar.
>>
>>5656296
Nah it's because the rabbit hole is deep in those platforms and skunkcarts haven't been produced in years

>>5656821
Is definitely not this though. Wtf is wrong with you
>>
>>5657098
Keep in mind that Sega and Nintendo's platforms have readily available dumpers, DIY or (in the not-so-long-ago) even commercial.
>>
What game?
>>
>are passionate about supporting
Maybe, but I say we should do a pastebin of everything undumped and have another general.
It's hard to know what homebrew even exists.
>>
>>5656296
Hipsters don't dump games. They're too retarded and if everyone could play the games for free it would be mainstream.

>>5656821
Yup. You're retarded.
>>
>>5656296
>Why are there never any rom dumps for newer Atari based games? Not a single rom to be found for the Lynx's Wyvern Tales. Or even the Jaguar's Mad Bodies, which is a decade old now. Is it because people who buy these games are passionate about supporting the homebrew developers?
In the case of homebrew being SOLD, most dumpers are kind enough to wait about a year or two before dumping. That being said, Mad Bodies has been dumped. Pic related.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.