[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: download (31).jpg (20 KB, 284x177)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
How did a fledgling company like Interplay have enough money to hire the entire TOS crew for TWO whole games? I figure Shatner alone would put the budget off the charts
>>
Even though Shatner seemed to be phoning it in most of the time
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9ukLr8QWSE
>>
>>5653615
huh that was interplay during their rise to the top they already had established classics like bards tale at that time
>>
>>5653615
>fledgling

Underage post detected.
Interplay was a major game studio from the early 80s till the 90s.
>>
>>5653615
Interplay made the game but I'd imagine Paramount or some bigger company would have been the ones involved in getting the band back together. There's no way it came from Interplay's pockets.
>>
Shatner seems like the kinda guy who'd do shit for shits and giggles, and wouldn't be surprised if he paid for everyone out of his own pocket, kinda like what David Hayter did for the Twins Snakes cast. Doesn't he also post on /tv/ or something?
>>
>>5653615
good memories of playing this with my dad when i was a kid, he was a huge trekkie who watched the show back in the 60s
kinda annoying how picking the "kirk" responses gave you less points than the "picard" diplomatic responses
>>
>>5653615
>I figure Shatner was living high on the hog off all those tj hooker rerun royalties
>>
>Spock Sabataaage the system
>>
Even as someone who typically hates the genre, these 2 games are 100% worth at least one run through for any original series fan.
>>
Considering all the shit Shatner appeared in when he wasnt making a new Star Trek movie, him working for scale doesnt seem that far-fetched. Same goes for the rest of the crew
>>
>>5655871
>>
>>5653615
>a fledgling company like Interplay
>>
>>5656439
How was Interplay not fledgling then? They were exactly the same age as OP is now.
>>
>>5654993
>Doesn't he also post on /tv/ or something?
He's been known to, yeah. bit of a shitstirrer. That's why we love him, innit.
>>
>>5657445
/x/ poster too
>>
>>5657445
Does he have a trip or is he anonymous?
>>
>>5653615
The game was successful as a voiceless disk version before they later came back with a voiced CD version.
>>
>>5653620
His acting is fucking hilarious for the asshole choices.
>>
>>5653620
kek
>>
>>5657614
Anonymous. He's usually just one of the lads, you'd never know it was him, but he's posted some of his anonymous posts on Twitter before as proof.
>>
>>5657445
Shatner is great
>>
>>5653620

A biplane showing up and sending them to an unused set and props from a historical movie is pretty standard Star Trek.
>>
Friendly reminder that talking to Spock(press T) during a space battle, will pause time, except that your phasers and photon torpedoes will still replenish.
>>
>>5653620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVgI1PvDS2k
>>
>>5660850
Delivery seems fairly accurate to the original series. Kirk was more somber in the series than he was in the movies. They do sound older.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.