[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 643x0w.jpg (90 KB, 643x362)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
zoomer here, I never played secret of mana.

the combat is real time right? (I cant stand turn based combat)

are the fist ones good?

also which emulator should I use for each one?

thx
>>
Obviously the switch port is the most superiorist you dumby dumby dumbdumb
>>
reminder Secret of Mana was originally being developed as FF4 but was canned because real time combat isn't Final Fantasy
>>
Disgusting faggot.
>>
>>5653026
I didn't like any of them, but it's not hard to emulate, just get zsnes and go to town. Steam has a remake of SoM though if you want to pay $40 for what looks like a $10 cell phone game. Just play the original.
>>
>>5653061
well im trying to catch up so help me out here. are these old games even worth playing? how is the movelist like? do I just do the same combo over and over in these?
>>
>>5653026
Touchscreen controls are trash desu.
Android games are often butchered to the point of no return. Can you play without an active connection on to internet? Do you have to pay money to advance next level.
Pathetic.
Why even bother playing.
>>
>>5653067
>movelist

It's not a DMC beat em up anon. You whack shit with your sword, wait for the bar to refill, whack it again. It's from 1993 or something, don't expect much variety in combat.
>>
>>5653080
what about the other ones?

which rpg with real time combat is the best?
>>
>>5653084
It’s not a fucking RPG. It’s an action adventure game. It doesn’t have turn based combat so it can’t be a RPG faggot.
>>
>>5653105
so witcher 3 is not an RPG too??
>>
>>5653105
Shit, Dragon Age is a lie.
>>
>>5653105
RPG isn't defined by if something is turned based or not.
>>
>>5653121
Yes, it is. I bet you think Zelda is a RPG too, brainlet.
>>
>>5653121
RPGs have too nebulous a definition to pin down but pigeonholing it into "turn based or else" is not correct either. So FF7 is an RPG but FF7 Remake isn't?
>>
>>5653026
its real time but when you open the menu for items and spells everything freeze
>>
>>5653026

It's real time but you don't get to run around swinging the sword like Zelda. Your sword loses its strength with each swing and you have to wait for it to recharge.
>>
Are fan translations good?
>>
>>5653269
Usually they're fine as long as you're not some die-hard weeb that will go into crisis mode if rice ball is made into hamburger.
>>
The combat is horrifically bad
>>
>>5653269
You can't really say if they're good or bad as a blanket label, same thing as official translations. Some are good and some aren't.
>>
Are the 2D games in the Switch collection being emulated? Does this mean we could potentially get an official english SNES ROM dump of Seiken Densetsu 3?
>>
>>5653026
>is combat real time?
yes
>are the first ones good
that's a very subjective question, people do like them first one is very typical jrpg with cool looking protag but with real time combat, people are really nostalgic towards it but seiken densetsu 3 seems to be the most loved.
>best emulator
snes9x and bsnes
snes9x for ease of use and good enough accuracy and light on resources and there is also an android port available.
bsnes for cycle accuracy.(bsnes is now called higan)
also try bsnes classic.
now go and play some fatal fury
>>
>>5653026
The combat and writing is terrible but It has really good music. Use SNES9x. Have fun.
>>
>>5653284
Name 11 games with better combat.
>>
>>5653040
That doesn't sound true. FF1-3 are almost entirely different from eachother, furthermore mystic quest was out by then which was completely different, they didn't know what was Final Fantasy until 4 actually came out and things cemented a little.
>>
>>5653357
There's now an official new version of bsnes that is separate from higan, no need for bsnes classic anymore
>>
>>5653084
Ys Oath in Felghana is definitely top 5 action jrpgs.
>>
>>5653040
wrong, FF4 was eventually released as FF5 (and vice versa), despite originally being developed as an NES game. Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger were a single game at one point, though
>>
>>5653105
>It doesn’t have turn based combat so it can’t be a RPG faggot.
topest kek
I like your sense of humor
>>
>>5653119
DA operates on D&D mechanics. It is turn-based. You can manually pause the game between every action, or set it up so it auto-pauses after certain actions. Even if you don't use the pause, the game mechanics operate on turns.
>>
>>5653026
It's pseudo-realtime combat. It still features an ATB bar so you have to wait to attack.
>>
>>5653105
It's sad that /vr/ is actually so autistic these days that I can't tell if you're joking.
>>
Is it really that much better multiplayer or is singleplayer still a good experience?
>>
>>5655961
Everything is better multiplayer if your friends aren't autists that need to see shining lights every 3 seconds.
>>
>>5653026
for the love of god skip secret of mana 1, secret of evermore, and just play seiken densetsu 3 and then legend of mana. som1 and soe are garbage. seiken densetsu 3 is regarded as the best game on the snes for many obvious defacto reasons, and i personally agree.
>>
>>5653040
Wasn't it Romancing SaGa that started development as Final Fantasy (5 or 6, depending on how you're counting) before getting tied into Gameboy SaGa series instead?
>>
Final Fantasy Adventure on the Gameboy is the best Mana game.
>>
>>5653105
So Fallout New Vegas isn't the best RPG of all time?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.