[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I want to get an android PS1 emulator to play JRPGs on my cellphone.
What do you recommend?
>>
>>5580519
>What do you recommend?
Not doing that.
>>
>>5580557
This
>>
>>5580519
lol
>>
Where the FUCK do you find PS1 games anymore?

I don't necessarily want to download the entire fucking catalog, I just want to make sure the games are good dumps and are marked as betas, revisions, and shit.

Where do you even find disc based games anymore?
>>
File: ggnwall.png (486 KB, 1920x1080)
486 KB
486 KB PNG
>>5580519

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/PlayStation_emulators

>>>/vg/emugen

>>5580557
>>5580564
>>5580594
Phones are powerful now.

>>5580604
Our own legitimate discs ;)
>>
>>5580519
>What do you recommend?
Getting a PC instead.
>>5580604
They're everywhere. If you're too retarded to do a 5 second search then go buy them off ebay.
>>
>>5580623
>Phones are powerful now.
They're still useless for emulation.
>>
inb4 you get confused about BIOS and give up
>>
>>5580628
Works on my phone :-)
>>
>>5580625
>They're everywhere. If you're too retarded to do a 5 second search then go buy them off ebay.
I don't want to randomly download Resident Evil from some weird place, I want a proper site that has all the games and guarantees that you are getting a good dump of the game. A site run by someone that knows what they are doing. I don't even want to play this shit right now, it's for preservation purposes.
>>
>>5580625
>buy them off ebay
If you buy a physical game you don't really own it. It will eventually rot and stop working. And even if you dump it, it will likely be a bad dump or have some sort of unnoticeable damage.

Dumping your own shit is always a terrible idea. We need a single ISO for each game that everyone can agree is a good dump. Having people upload their own dumps is a mess, so why would anyone want to even keep them to themselves.
>>
>>5580629
Why are there so many different BIOS even for a single region?
>>
>>5580557
RetroArch or ePSXe
>>
>>5580679
Fuck RA so it's ePSXe I guess

ePSXe for Android is supposed to be pretty decent by now, isn't it?
>>
File: YOU DARE.jpg (93 KB, 658x550)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>playing emulators on your phone
Is there anything worse to play on?
>>
>>5580823
No, but the original hardware is a close second.
>>
>>5580656
>what is No-Intro
>>
>>5580823
It's only JRPGs. It's not like I'm missing some amazing graphics or being compromised in the controls department
>>
You guys are stupid. He said RPGs. Those are the only games that are playable on Android.

OP just get ePSXe and you will be fine.
>>
>>5580830
patrician
>>
>>5580836
Most games are playable if you get a gamepad, just like you would with a PC. Hobbyists are the worst at their hobby. You'll usually get better advice from casuals.
>>
>>5580828
>No-Intro
>PS1
It doesn't exist.
>>
>>5580830
If just walking around feels like utter shit, even a JRPG can be ruined.
>>
>>5580836
How come ePSXe works just fine for plebeian android users but PC users can't get it to work without messing around with the settings and installing a shitton of confusing plugins?
>>
Why
>>
>>5580682
good goi, give shekels
>>
>>5580861

Jesus Christ hyperbole much? The fact is, 99.9% of human beings won't be able to tell the difference from playing on android to playing on real hardware. Just get a good controller and retroarch and enjoy the games.
>>
File: cd3Ks65.jpg (147 KB, 1920x1200)
147 KB
147 KB JPG
>>5580682
What's your issue with RetroArch? Has the "do as mommy says" prescriptive play of retro games numbed your mind so much you lack the grit to even learn a simple gooey?
>>
>>5580628
>useless
Lol okay, looks, sounds, and plays perfect on my note 9.
>>
I've been using epsxe for android for quite a long time and it works really well, and i dont know what you mean but i get the ps1 logo every time i play a game on it. imo works better on android than on pc
>>
>>5582696
inb4 some goober views it non-integer scaled on his low res PC monitor and it moires so he says it looks like shit

Looks fine at that size, but could you run heavier CRT shaders if you wanted? Plain old Blargg's satisfies me on phone screens.
>>
>>5582708
Are you emulating a downgraded port of a PC game?
>>
>>5582710
Since it's a port of the pc ps1 emulator all plug-ins that worked on their also works on Android. So basically, it's exactly the same. Just on your phone.
>>
>>5582725
I meant why are you playing PS1 Myst when it's not the definitive version?
>>
>>5582727
Wrong anon my friend. I'm playing Wild Arms.
>>
Oh wow, even my old S2 was enough for full-speed PSX emulation at 2x resolution, what the fuck is wrong with you.
>>
>>5582714
lol im not sure but the pc port is better in terms of speed, i don't have a pc with me so i decided to beat this game on my phone
>>
>>5582732
Many here are very out of touch and have some functional fixedness.
>>
>>5582640
RPGs are meant to be played on keyboards. D-pads feel like ass when you move around the towns and so does a touch screen.
>>
>>5582640
Nah, anon. I know for sure you haven't touched real shit because even a mongoloid can feel the lag
>>
>>5583426
Get a better phone. i can play Tekken 3 on the shitter using the touchscreen and i assure you input lag is next to minimal if there's any at all. All sorts of games are playable if you commit not just jrpgs
>>
>>5582640
>99.9% of human beings won't be able to tell the difference from playing on android to playing on real hardware
Cool, nice to know I'm in the 0,1%
>>
Can anyone tell me anything about the haptic feedback feature on Retroarch's Android port? I have asked everywhere and if it wasn't for the option being there I would assume it doesnt exist
>>
>>5583517
Imbecile
>>
>>5583426

What fucking lag. Kek. Gtfo with this lag shit. Have you even tried retroarch on android? We get it. You either made a hardware purchase you somehow feel the need to justify or you have an iPhone and your butt hurts.
>>
File: 1555504952222.jpg (80 KB, 1024x1024)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>5580648
you find a torrent and select only the files you want inside your torrent client
>>
>>5580662
different ps1 models, different year versions, etc

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.