[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: colors.png (3.66 MB, 2542x1608)
3.66 MB
3.66 MB PNG
thoughts?
>>
really tired of you reposting this thread john, there's my thoughts
>>
>>5579631
Right looks better hence why the did this.

Also fuck off with this repost.
>>
File: unacceptable.png (773 KB, 1280x720)
773 KB
773 KB PNG
>>5579649
>>5579647
kill yourselves
>>
File: 1522104978175.jpg (537 KB, 900x952)
537 KB
537 KB JPG
>>5579631
CONTRAST BAD
BRIGHTNESS+DESATURATION GOOD
ok
>>
>>5579631
>>5579647
agreed, hurry the fuck up and do the Panzer Dragoon Saga episode John.
>>
M2 are awesome, but sometimes they make some strange decissions or mistakes. Mega Drive sound emulation was average in the Sega Ages 3D and they never fixed it.

Also, arcades like Fantasy Zone, Shinobi, Golden Axe or Virtua Racing need some gamma adjustments because Sega used strange color palettes in some of their old arcades, but they were adjusted to look good in CRTs. Look for videos of those games runnign i nreal hardware. They never looked so pale.

They just can't leave Virtua Racing on Switch like this, because it's obviously not accurate.
>>
>>5579734
This. SEGAs older arcade games obviously accounted for the monitor brightness being turned down in a dim arcade. So you’d have a character with black in it and then suddenly a bright color. (Pic related) The weird part is in certain ports they left this sort of color style in the home version, why?
>>
>>5579631
right looks better
>>5579651
left
>>5579715
bottom
>>
>>5579631
Why this shit again?
>>
>>5579939
John is on the spectrum
>>
>>5579938
You're going to have my dick up your bottom if you don't scram.
>>
>>5579967
gay
>>
>>5579938
To be fair, I don't remember the original arcade VR looking like the left pictures, but that's because it's raw vido emulation and it probably looks a bit more dark and different than the game in the coin op CRTs.

Nevertheless, what is sure is the real game never was so desaturated and pale as the Sega Ages port.

I believe they should do a Virtua Racing Final Edition with the PS2 game extras (real shadows, new circuits and cars, etc). The ultimate Virtua Racing experience doesn't exists yet.

>>5579852
Yeah, it's weird. Maybe the were a little lazy and just ported the arcade graphics as they were without retouching the colors for the console ports. I don't know
>>
>>5579715
Bottom is jarringly disgusting, the fire effects look so overdone and out of place
>>
File: file.png (74 KB, 500x323)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
>japs port an ancient game to pc
>fps and resolution is locked to console spec
>"wwwww is ordu geimu des be happy you got geimu"

>japs port an even older game to consoles
>resolution and FPS is changed from the original game
>>
>>5579631
Can we actually have a thread to play online instead of shitposting with the same image for the 5th time in a row
>>
>>5580332
They don't play on PCs so they dgaf about them.
>>
Why bother playing a game that looks like Money For Nothing video in 2019 apart from historical curiosity? It's not like it dated as well as pixel art
>>
>>5580526
QUIET
>>
>>5579631
Do a proper port of The House of the Dead (1) already you fucks
>>
>>5580526
Charm.
>>
File: hotd.png (260 KB, 1280x960)
260 KB
260 KB PNG
>>5580818
coming right up bro
>>
>>5579631
>>5579651
Hate to agree with them but the switch looks quite nice. They both look like Virtua Racing though which isn't that great to begin with.
>>
>>5580526
Why bother playing a cartoon looking game if it doesn't look real? It's a specific art style, Money for Nothing video has a cool look to it.
>>
>>5579631
An angry shitposter is reposting his shitpost
>>
File: snoic.gif (43 KB, 469x294)
43 KB
43 KB GIF
>>5580858
That's the SECOND one you faker
>>
>>5579651
>left
SOULLESS
>right
SOUL
>>
>>5581573
CONTRAST=SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUL
>>
>>5580375
It also depends on who they hire for the port. Most Japanese ports are in fact handled by the westerners, but just because the westerners game on PCs doesn't mean that they'd do a good job; that's why Way of the Samurai is capped at 30FPS, despite having the source code and being made on Gamebryo, an engine that does support arbitrary FPS. Meanwhile you have the guys at M2 who have the good kind of autism and searched far and wide for the source code, and converted that code to work for this particular version. M2 even wrote a Fantasy Zone game for the System 16 despite being exclusive to a PS2 compilation just so that the game could be as faithful as possible.
>>
>>5580526
I like that music video and think it still looks cool today.
>>
Why are they taking so long to release this on the US e-shop, the game already has a English translation.
>>
>>5581805
Just download it through the Japan eshop
>>
M2 is one of the last remaining god dev teams I trust that any changes they make was in their best attempt to improve the game or fix things they were unhappy with.
>>
>>5579715
Blame LCD displays and their inability to properly handle dark colors.
>>
It's a bug. They'll probably patch it out for the US release.
>>
GET GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAL
>>
>>5583639
this
>>
>>5581665
>an engine that does support arbitrary FPS
fucking with fps ever can fuck up so many things. It's not what you think. Framerate is always tied to logic regardless of what total shitscuit told you.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.