[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: mm_all.png (69 KB, 580x682)
69 KB
69 KB PNG
Megaman thread?
favorite levels? most hated levels?
favorite boss? most hated boss?
i really like spark mans stage, and hate air mans stage. what a shit fucking level. funnest boss is probably crash, Gemini or shadow man - once you get good its really satisfying.
>>
>>5574169
>favorite levels?
ring man
>most hated levels?
most of the wily stages in MM2 just suck
>favorite boss?
ice man, magnet man, drill man, ring man
>most hated boss?
doc quickman, boobeam trap
>>
File: SheepMan.png (296 KB, 799x783)
296 KB
296 KB PNG
>>5574219
Sheepman is the best robot master, if you disagree you're wrong and probably gay too.
>>
>>5574234
And I didn't mean to reply to that guy lol.
>>
>>5574219
how do you feel about mm3 wily stages? i really like the 'alive room' in mm2. the crash bomb boss is pretty shit though
>>
>>5574242
the ones in 3 were definitely an improvement, the ones in 2 were just mostly empty and boring aside from the first one with the dragon
>>
>>5574234
Underrated stage theme, as well.
>>
>favorite levels?
Tomahawk Man, Search Man, Astro Man (MM8), Cut Man, Fire Man, Top Man, Shadow Man, Flash Man, Spark Man, Slash Man, Tengu Man.

>most hated levels?
Megaman 1's Wily levels. Fuck that. Most of MM5 was boring, somehow. Wave Man, Quick Man and Spring Man.

>favorite boss?
Cut Man. I'd always merc him first because he was the first boss I could get to besides Bomb Man.

>most hated boss?
Fire Man.
>>
>>5574169
It saddens me that a series-wide crossover like this will never happen. I guess Wily Tower is the closest we'll ever get.
>>
Fighting Wily Capsule 7 with just the (charged) buster and no e-tanks is one of the most fulfilling fights in any video game I have ever played.
>>
>>5574219
I think this is the only time I've ever seen anyone like Ring Man's level that much. Explain?
>>
File: Quint.png (1.34 MB, 799x1211)
1.34 MB
1.34 MB PNG
>>5574169
>favorite levels
Plant Man, Search Man, Torch Man
>most hated levels
Ice Man
>favorite boss
Bright Man, Search Man, Tengu Man
>most hated boss
Doc Robot, Burner Man, King Tank

Also I like Quint. :)
>>
>>5575249
I can't, I like his gimmicky platforms and mini-bosses
his fight also has a fun pattern
>>
>>5574169
jump n shoot man in blue diapers wearing a bicycle helmet is shit

megaman trigger from legends on the other hand, now that is some kino based redpilled godtier game
>>
>>5574169
>favorite boss?
fire man
i just love his "DEUS VULT! PURGE THE WICKED FOR JUSTICE!" characterization from the PSP remake.
>>
>>5574169
how does everyone feel about the use of turbo controllers or the equivalent in mm games? acceptable but still classified as cheating?
>>
>>5575257
>I like Quint
Good taste. His game is very underrated
>>
>>5575563
I always pictured him in the original as some angry libertarian badass
>>
>>5575593
>I always pictured him in the original as some angry libertarian badass
i just imagine him being the cop from that "libertarian police" greentext.
>>
>Completion autism is flaring up
>Getting urge to play GB games and MM&B even though I tried before and had zero fun with them
>>
>>5575692
people will tell you only 5 is good..but the truth is they are all fun! even 2 with its quirky physics. they are really short games too, so you could probably smash out all 5 in a day
>>
>>5575718

I did see that most bosses drop in like 3-6 hits. I might give MM&B another shot, I originally played it on GBA and kinda rushed through it, and lost interest near the end.

I know people seem to dislike 7 and 8, but MM&B is the one that actually feels really slow to me, and the levels seem to go on forever without anything interesting.
>>
>>5574169
What's the best overall mega man? I've never played much of any of them.
>>
File: MM7_boss05_Wily1.png (14 KB, 256x224)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>5575736
>I know people seem to dislike 7
Not really, 7 is great.
>>
>>5578392
most seem to agree 2 or 3 for the classic series, and x1 for the x series...but they are all great
>>
>>5578392
Mega Man 1 and X3, if you wanted the truth
>>
>>5574169
>favorite levels?
Any of the altered physics levels (gravity man, etc), also quick man and the Jurassic Park stage from 7
>most hated levels?
Never really thought about it, probably the wily stages from 6
>favorite boss?
Elec Man
>most hated boss?
Wily in 7

MM1 is my favorite overall, fight me irl
>>
>>5578392
>>
>>5574169
I was pretty young when MM1 came out, but I liked cutmans stage the best because I could always beat it easily.

MM2 I always started with airman, and I liked his level, although he was easy to cheese as a boss. Absolutely hated heatman's level.

MM3 I always started with snakeman, and I liked his level alot and the boss fight, but I think I liked geminiman's level and boos fight better.

I didn't play MM4 cause I had already moved on to SNES.
>>
>>5575249
Dude, just that "ding" sound made when he fires is enough. Also the best weapon.
>>
>>5575580
I don't think it's acepptable, neither as cheating. You are still under the rules of the game
>>
>>5575718
>beating all classic megamans in a day
Calm down savage
>>
>>5578392
Megaman X4
>>
Which systems should I use to play which megaman games?
>>
>>5581262
PC runs all, m8
>>
>>5581262
I use the collections on ps2.
>>
File: Megaman flyer.jpg (402 KB, 850x1205)
402 KB
402 KB JPG
>>5574169
>>
>>5574169
>favorite levels ?
storm eagle and flash man
>most hated levels ?
heat man (without item n°2)
>favorite boss?
airman , metalman and bubbleman
>most hated boss ?
yellow devil , and the boss with the doors in mm2

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.