[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: index.jpg (30 KB, 412x309)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
I have such fond memories of Toys R Us. I know, I know, it was way overpriced, but for selection it was the best app store around. They had literally EVERYTHING. They even sold the ultra-rare SEGA System Sports Paddle which was required for Great Ice Hockey. Man, that game was great.
>>
>>5506130
Yeah I have fond memories of Toys R Us. From when I went there yesterday.
>>
>>5506134
Not all of them are still open anymore, thanks to Amazeme.
>>
>>5506142
Also other retailers. If I need a common toy for a kid right now, Tarzhey will have it, and I'll know which aisle it's in because the website tells me. And I can get other stuff I need while there.

One time in the 90s, dad and dad's second wife promised me, my brother, and her kids each a Star Wars figure if we did some yard work. I wanted Boba Fett, because I already had Leia. So they drove us to three different Toys Я Us stores to find one.
>>
>>5506130
Stop calling them “apps” and stop posting a single image from a classified ad to back up your insane reasoning. You are bad for this board.
>>
>>5506192
Mom had to divorce him because he's unbearable to be around. He divorced second wife when her infidelity was discovered. I don't blame her. One time I heard him fucking his third and current wife on their squeaky California king bed down the hall, and it sounded very short and boring. Third dated for a bit before he met second but they eventually got back together and married.
>>
>>5506223
He sounds like a total fuckup and needs to keep his women in line
>>
File: 6JN4xDI.jpg (909 KB, 3024x4032)
909 KB
909 KB JPG
They have plans to come back as Tru Kids with resized stores.
I'll still miss other places where I played on the store displays as a kid such as Circuit City where I played the Tekken 2 and MGS demo and in Sears where I saw the FF7 trailer being exhibited.
>>
>>5506390
A game which lets you play as one?
>>
>>5506130
Yeah it was a great store.. So many people miss the past and its easy to understand why...

People dont really know what theyre doing and it leads to a harsh tyranical society..

I have this odd feeling that the economy and public infrastructure (like roads and maintanance of any kind) is going to take a steep drop off in the near future (like 2-3 years).. it looks nice now but all over the country it will take a sudden steep decline.. I dont think the civilization will ever get better, just worse..

It comes from tradition.. all these people merely cling to tradition.. what they were given from their anscestors and their past.. nobody stops amongst all this programming and sees things anew or asks if there is another way... they just keep going adhereing to their programming... These people could easily destroy the earth and cause mass extinction.. Look at china.. I mean were already very close to extinction level recklessness and nobody cares because its too difficult to think outside the programming.

If people dont do that then the world will invariably turn into a 3rd world style slum with tin shanties and garbage everywhere. It will never get better, just be on some downward path of whatever type.
>>
>>5506130
>best app store
>>
>>5506130
>app store
subtle..
>>
>>5506435
>>5506418
Where else could you find rare Sega apps, or app paddles?
>>
>>5506441
0/10
>>
>>5506435
Spoken like a true parrot
>>
>>5506159
Just ignore it. It's the flavor of the month troll.
>>
Welcome to the end of the American Empire or just the recession.
>>
>>5506130
>App
>Sega system
Fuck off retard, and fuck you for killing threads just to peddle these asinine terms
>>
I bought parasite eve and persona 2 there
I think
>>
>>5506130
So do I. I went to one after lunch today so they're still fresh.
>>
>>5508330
>still fresh
stores don't turn fresh
>>
>>5507339
This person has attempted to make random shit into memes for a year or so now. Threads like this have no purpose and should be removed.
>>
>>5508437
>reading doesn't turn comprehension
indeed
>>
>>5506142
Actually, it was Wal-Mart's lower prices for the same products, a failure to adapt to a shifting market, and external investors dumping their debt onto a struggling company that did them in. But keep believing in that Amazon boogeyman.
>>
>>5508747
>boogeyman
Wal-mart and Target are now facing similar challenges to keep up thanks to Amazon, and TRU survived long enough for Amazon to have a real and enormous impact on their business as well.
>>
>>5506130
>app store

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.