[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: zaxxon-3.jpg (29 KB, 640x400)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
Why is there no more Zaxxon?
>>
>>5439675
Because Corey Feldman's sister took the monitor and bashed it onto Jason Voorhee's head? This is now a games in movies thread.
>>
>>5439675
Because of the Motherbase debacle on the 32X. Nobody liked the game. Sega probably thinks the IP is dog shit now. More's the pity.
>>
>>5439675
It came out in a weird time. The consoles of the day couldn't handle it, and when consoles finally could, everyone had moved on from porting older arcade games.
The Coleco port was playable, but still too jerky. Only the home computers, like the C64, did the game any credit.
>>
>>5439970
The sega master system port is good, there's also a 3d glasses adaptation which is pretty interesting. I never 1 CCd any of them, I'm terrible at shmups.

It was always one of my favorite's though. It was one of the first games I realized that we had an illegal copy of for the C64.
>>
>>5439687
Looking for a movie where you can quite audibly hear a kid playing E3M1 from Doom and talking about his sister's butt
>>
>>5439970
>The Coleco port was playable, but still too jerky

The MSX and SG-1000 ports (both largely the same thing) are a lot jerkier than the Coleco port. On the other hand, they're probably the most accurate because Sega made them themselves and the programmers had access to the arcade source code.
>>
>>5439970
>It came out in a weird time. The consoles of the day couldn't handle it, and when consoles finally could, everyone had moved on from porting older arcade games.
That strange time when computers could do arcade games better than consoles.
>>
>>5440002
The SMS "port" didn't even have an isometric view. It was a port of Buck Rogers Zoom renamed Zaxxon. It sucked ass.
>>
>>5439764
Well shit why did I never notice it was made by Sega. All makes sense now.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.