[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 63 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

File: Deckard Cain.v1.png (798 KB, 986x793)
798 KB
798 KB PNG
>>
>>5433190
Oh wow Deckard Cain is in older Diablo games? I thought that he was only in Diablo 3!
>>
>>5433190
been playing diablo ii classic vanilla lately , geez how fucking different did they make these kinda games back then (game genre I mean). Every thing you do seems gratifying and has some purpose. Managing your resources, gathering gold, levelling a single stat, etc.
>>
>>5433202
nice bait
>>
>>5433212
Well, different generation of people. Back then people wanted to give you quality and felt embarrassed if they didn't. Everyone had some kind of standards.
Nowadays we have a generation of egoistic degenerates that only think about how a superficial rip off they can produce and get away with it.
>>
>>5433212
And the most important thing.
Games allowed you to fuck up the build of your character and you were stuck with it. There were no respec potions or some other copouts.
Nowadays, Diablo 3 makes of the decisions for me, like I am some braindead moron.
>>
>>5433212
I thought the pros expect you to level up HP and nothing else.
>>
When I was a kid I didn't realize he was a balding black guy, I thought he was wearing a cap with wool around the rim like a Christmas hat.
>>
>>5433258
>pros
>end game cookie cutter fags with all the uber equips
fixed that for you
>>
>>5433285
>when I play chess I attack with my king for FUN! game theory and tactics are for fags XD
>>
File: serveimage (2).jpg (5 KB, 275x183)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>5433263
hes not a nigger.
>>
>>5433294
you didn't get the point of the post, retard... its the fuckers who have played the game enough to have the end game equipment to make the uber builds based on the items they have, half of which are probably obtained from questionable sources and/or botting. Just dive into the game from scratch doing what you can with what the game throws at you, reading along the way what happens when you change shit, and you'll see how different the game is. also its because of shit stains like you that this genre is a shitty as it is today you miserable asshole, kys for the sake of good games faggot.
>>
>>5433306
I was like 12 when I figured out on my own that pumping vitality was optimal, not because I was a genius or studied the mechanics autistically, but because it's painfully fucking obvious; you're just retarded.
>>
>>5433190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCx_QsiMBU0
>>
>>5433263
Skin tones in D1 are either too bright or too dark, but that is just a palette issue.
>>
File: Dicon.png (1.21 MB, 805x565)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>
>>5433190
Only those who played Diablo 1 will know why the water in that fountain is yellow.
>>
>>5434521
cringe
>>
So, there are a finite number of enemies in any game of Diablo.... except if you consider the undead king quest, since he can raise dead infinitely. Did anyone exploit this to grind extra gold?
>>
>>5433190
Hello, my friend. Sit awhile and listen
>>
How's the GOG port of Diablo 1? Does it support coop?
>>
>>5434521
It's goat piss.
>>
File: f6k3lcz47ms11.png (29 KB, 320x240)
29 KB
29 KB PNG
Fun fact: Harry Mason and Deckard Cain are voiced by the same actor.
>>
Currently playing Diablo 1 Belzebub,
it's nice.
>>
>>5433238
the only way you could fuck up D1 was by standing too close to BDs.

Otherwise, you had elixirs, stats were capped by class, and all spells were learned from books, so no worries about points either.
>>
>>5434101
not him, but there's a difference between the build, and the BUILD.

Getting "enough str/dex to wear your gear", and dumping the rest of your points into vit isn't rocket science.

Even figuring out the build is fairly straightforward.

But when the "guide" is adamant that you need BiS gear to make the character VIABLE, something is fucked up.

Especially how pretty much every guide ever assumes you have an annihilus/torch, 7 skillers, 5 facets, infinity merc, enigma, cta and all that other stuff.
>>
>>5435075
it's good.

comes with 2 versions. Original, 20fps version with full features, including battle.net, lan, ipx, and direct cable; and "modern" version with higher fps, sans battle.net (but still lan/direct coop)
>>
>>5434101
>pumping vitality is optimal
AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Scratch that, buddy, you are actually retarded.
Have fun hitting literally nothing and doing close to no damage.
But I guess making the most tedious character in existence is optimal if it means that your health is too big to take down.
>>
>>5433202
I also just realized that the other day to! Also did you know that that guy with the mustache is also in that other Mario game! What a crazy coincidence!
>>
>>5433190
Looks like you got a poison water supply, cain
>>
>>5434101
When i was 12 diablo didnt exist yet
>>
>>5436080
"Modern"

But Hellfire was a good expansion and there exists a high definition mod that puts back in cut content as well..
>>
>>5433202
>Oh wow Deckard Cain is in older Diablo games? I thought that he was only in Diablo 2!
>>
Based Sean Connery who also did the voice of Bane in The Dark Knight Rises
>>
>>5434450
>Only those who played Diablo 1 will know why the water in that fountain is yellow.
>>
You drink water!
>>
why does the water in the fountain look like shit?
>>
>>5438368
If Satan lives in your basement and is resurrect legions of demons and undead, are your pipes going to be clean?
>>
>>5438368
Because it's a part of the quest.
>>
>>5435853
does he also do the "Majesty" games narration?
>>
>>5433238
Fucking up your stats was manageable. Having the RNG spawn some insurmountable mobs in the later levels on a first run? Not so much.
>>
>>5438465
It better be or I'm fucking coming down there and bringing a hellacious party!
>>
>>5435853
Not really?
Harry's voice actor is Michael Guinn.
Deckard's voice actor is Michel Gough - he also voice Beckett in VTM: Bloodlines.And Tassadar.

It also took me criminally long to notice that the Rogue in Diablo is voiced by Kerrigan.
>>
>>5438540
And it's a random quest, mind you!
In Diablo 1, some quests are randomly generated for each character.
>>
File: Diablo.png (133 KB, 640x480)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
I've been playing D1 for the first time thanks to the GOG release. Really enjoying it so far! My Rogue is currently level 20 and I'm exploring the Caves. The difficulty spiked up quite a bit in the Caves because there seems to always be some enemies with ranged magical attacks that never miss like melee attacks do. I've managed to get to the 10th level but never past that. I guess I just gotta grind for some gear with resist all or something.
>>
>>5439468
Too bad we can't jump on battlenet and run the game in a single night. oh yea
>>
>>5439065
>All that work to make Tristram livable again.
>Diablo just steamrolls through all of it.
>>
File: P196.jpg (988 KB, 1696x2057)
988 KB
988 KB JPG
>>
File: P173.jpg (1.04 MB, 1696x2057)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB JPG
>>
File: Spoiler Image (937 KB, 1696x2057)
937 KB
937 KB JPG
Fresh Meat
>>
File: 1504582458201.jpg (136 KB, 700x714)
136 KB
136 KB JPG
>Roll Sorcerer
>Survival Mode at first, everything is dangerous, have to manage resources
>Finally find book of healing
>Now we're in business!
>Shrine right next to it
>It says something cheeky
>I now cannot cast healing

This shit won't last the rest of the game, will it?
>>
>>5439870
>This shit won't last
Welcome to Diablo 1. Have fun.

Check whether you Magic stat wasn't rendomly decreased.
>>
>>5439870
>Roll Sorcerer
>Cast fire wall everywhere, enemies can't even touch you
>>
The ps1 version is so ffin neat but he graphics are dialed down and it takes a while to go about saving && you have to save the game and your character separately. Still couch coop! Couch coop!!
>>
>>5438962
The Narrator and Aldaris are also Paul Eiding.
>>
>>5439468
>I've been playing D1 for the first time thanks to the GOG release
How /new/ are u?
>>
File: Flank steak.gif (20 KB, 128x128)
20 KB
20 KB GIF
>wHOOoo
>Huaaa
>wHOOoo
>Huaaa
>wHOOoo
>Huaaa
>>
File: 1421339409102.jpg (82 KB, 680x497)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>5433190
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Xhq8I1w7Q
>>
Any way to play Diablo 1 or 2 on a mobile device?
I have a vita and a phone.
>>
>>5442289
I think you can play the Playstation 1 port on Vita.
>>
>>5442306
Good enough.
Is it the same as the PC version or does it have any noticeable differences?
>>
>>5442337
It's slow to get into saving which you must do for both the game and your character exclusively. The graphics are toned down but might not be as noticeable on a handheld. Without another controller you can't play coop!
>>
>>5442379
>It's slow to get into saving which you must do for both the game and your character exclusively.
I'll just use savestates then if it's too bothersome. (in town only)

>Without another controller you can't play coop!
Shouldn't be a problem since there's nobody who could play it with me.;_;
>>
>>5433294
lal
>>
>>5436073
>Especially how pretty much every guide ever assumes you have an annihilus/torch, 7 skillers, 5 facets, infinity merc, enigma, cta and all that other stuff.
This is the thing that annoys me most. I've been playing for 10 years and never found a high rune.
I only even got an Anni once by throwing a Summonmancer at him repeatedly for like an hour.
>>
>>5433190
Stop pissing in the fountain Cain!
>>
Duriel is a stupid fucking boss fight.
>>
>>5444468
Completely different game, dumbass
>>
File: wallpaper035-1920x1200.jpg (800 KB, 1920x1200)
800 KB
800 KB JPG
>>5438631
Yup. That is where I am fucked. Made a warrior and decided I wanted him to have magic too (similar to crusader). Well made it to Hell and they were waiting for me.
>>
>>5442079
OK, call me a brainlet, but how the fuck do I defeat this asshole as a rogue? What level should I preferably be?
He just two-shots me in melee, trying to kill him from the distance with arrows takes forever and I can't seem to outrun him. What am I missing?
>>
God I'm so tempted to blow $10 and get Diablo 1 on GOG even though I know I'll play it for 15min and then get bored and never touch it again.
>>
>>5444685
Two ways to cheese him. Open his door, firewall just inside, close the door again. Or walk him in circles around the stairway down the the next floor. Eventually he will ”enter” the stairway at which point you stop on the other side and kill him with a bow.
>>
>>5444229
An hour? Wow, super hardcore.
>>
>>5444685

what>>5444701 said.

either open the door, cast fire wall, and close the door - butch will walk over to the door, and stand in the fire wall. But be warned, a scroll of fire wall is not enough to kill him, and it might be hard to recast it. Better lead him to a section where you can lock him behind bars, allowing you to cast spells/shoot at him.

Or run around the stairwell down, and like the other guy said - eventually he'll take a turn too quickly, and "enter" the stairwell, and just stand there. When that happens, well, you have a bow, don't you?
>>
>>5439870
yes, it will.

shrines effects are permanent. Just wait untill you run into Black Death (a variant of zombie), getting hit by them, PERMANENTLY lowers your maximum hp. Which might not be so bad as a sorceror, since your mana is your hp, thanks to mana shield, and if your current hp is lower than your level, you don't get stunned by hits.

Also - be on the lookout for "hidden shrine". It permanently lowers the durability of one of your items by 10, and raises the durability of all the others by 10. It is mandatory to use the thinking cap (which otherwise only has 1 durability, and items that break in this game just disappear) - you have to equip the thinking cap, and some random armor, sword, and shield, and activate a hidden shrine, and you have a 75% chance to increase the durability of your TC to 11, which makes it usable.
>>
>>5439582
the game works with b.net
>>
>>5442289
as mentioned, the ps1 version is what you want.

Unfortunately, Sony, being Sony, never bothered to release it, so you need a program called psx2psp (it's the tool Sony uses to "port" ps1 games to psp), and a CFW version of psp/vita (not 100% about the vita, but it works fine on psp), to allow you to run unsigned applications (there's a program for the psp that you run, that will flash your firmware to a custom version, allowing you to run unsigned apps (fully reversable)
>>
Red pill me on the rogue.
I’ve played as both the mage and the warrior, and had a riot playing them as a spellsword type character (whether or not I had the best build is up for debate but I had fun) but the rogue seems like a weird inbetween
>>
>>5445223
Rooty tooty arrow shooty
>>
Can you get Hellfire to work with GOG Diablo? I never tried it. Is it even good?
>>
>>5445242
I think someone mentioned a way, though it wasn't completely straightforward.

Hellfire is ok. It improves single player, adds 3 new classes (although only the monk uses new graphics, while bard and barbarian use rogue and warrior sprites).

Hellfire adds a few more spells, new locations including nest (meh), and crypt (cool). Also some items like oils, that improve weapon stats.

But it's nowhere near the level of extra content in d2lod, and there's no multiplayer, so meh again.
>>
>>5446183
D1 + D2 remaster already
>no multiplayer
>>
>>5437647

Sadly the HD mod, despite adding so much cut content back, doesn't integrate Hellfire quests and areas.
>>
>>5446295
I'm sure we are getting those. At least D2 remaster.
Someone at Blizzard said that they were working on 4 Diablo titles (mobile, D4 and two others). I'm sure they are making a Diablo remaster like they did with Starcraft, then releasing the old version for free.
>>
>>5446941
damn
>>5446974
hell yea
>>
Diablo I had the best and most unsettling atmosphere in the series, so creepy, so good.

>>5442084
Excellent example of it.
>>
>>5446974
Blizz hasn’t given a fuck about D1 since D2 came out and made them a gorillion dollars. I’m willing to bet they’ll HD remaster D2 as their next big announcement after Warcraft3 HD. D1 though will probably stay in its current, archaic, comfy, lonely state for the foreseeable future. I don’t quite have a problem with that either, the game is a masterpiece as-is.
D2 I adore as well and I love the graphics but a few modern QoL improvements would make it feel like a fresh new game all over again. I’d probably still stick to the classic anyway. Something about those graphics man, they immerse me so deeply. And when the rogue encampment theme starts playing....
>>
>>5447854
Diablo 2<#

The sound and music design is top notch the grinding and looting addictive, very immersive games Diablo 1 and 2.
>>
>>5433190
Don't drink from the fountain, it's poison!
>>
>>5446974
There's guaranteed guns be a D2 remaster. Game has a bigger player base than a lot of recent releases on steam. Sheeting like 3k~16k players last I saw.
Hard to say for sure before of how many people use PlugY or play PoD and MedianXL
>>
File: rolled up newspaper.jpg (119 KB, 1300x866)
119 KB
119 KB JPG
>>5433202
>>
>>5449039
I don't trust Blizzard with remasters anymore. This Warcraft Reforged remaster looks more and more like a straight up retcon/remake rather than just a graphical upgrade SC:R was. So I don't get my hopes up.
>>
>>5450061
WC3 also had garbage graphics back when it launched. SC and D1-2 had the glory of being rendered (and pre rendered) as 2d sprites most of the time with the 3D models still being presented and covered up nice due to the art style at hand.
WC3 they embraced the jaggy edges and the shit rendering techs of the early 2000s because all 3D was the only way to go. At the time it probably looked fine, but looking back those graphics don’t hold up. It’s harder to remaster the graphics when they’re garbage. SC is more faithful when remade because it has a more distinct art style with more detailed graphics
>>
>>5450131
I'm not talking about the graphics. I am more concerned about Blizzard trying to muck around with the story of W3. To make it more "modern" and "in line with WoW". They apparently want to add and rewrite some stuff. What this means, I don't know, but call me suspicious.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.