[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • There are 64 posters in this thread.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

Janitor acceptance emails will be sent out over the coming weeks Make sure to check your spam box!

What retro games are you currently emulating on your PS Vita anon?
>>
I have perpetual SotN and Gradius playthroughs
>>
SmackDown vs Raw 2007
Zero Mission
>>
Tomb Raider 1.
>>
Doom 64. DaedalusX64 was recently updated, and while it has the usual Mario 64 Emulator Syndrome lots of N64 emulators run into, a couple dozen other games run at full speed as long as you turn the sound off.
>>
Super dust collector 64.
>>
>>5430753
Favorite N64 game desu. Been playing it for years.
>>
>>5430637
wipeout
>>
>Stuart Little 2
>GTA 2
>>
Waiting for 3.69 exploit
Ultra patience edition

playing the ratchet and clank collection just so it doesn't gather dust, but that ain't retro
>>
>>5433056
it is retro
only the retarded boomers who were 30 when ps2 came out don’t think that gen is retro
>>
>>5433063
While I do agree with you, I don't feel like starting another shit flinging discussion about it.
So I'll just stick to the boards "official" rules.
>>
>>5430637
snes roms, shin megami tensei, zelda link to the past, some others
>>
>>5430637
>vita 2000
I ain't playing shit on that trash screen.
t. vita 1000 owner
>>
>>5430637
speedrunning re2
>>
>>5433130
It’s a good IPS panel, and will last much longer than the OLED screens found in the 1000. My 3G’s is already starting to show signs of dying.
>>
>>5433130
The OLED screen on my year one vita is already patchy and probably won't last another year. It stays in its case in between uses so it hasn't been knocked around or exposed to sunlight for an extended period. It's just how OLEDs are. I'll be grabbing myself a japanese slim once this dies.
>>
>>5433078
Official rules are retarded. For some reason middle age people are afraid to realize they are old so they rewrote the dictionary about the word retro. Xbox, PS2, and Dreamcast are retro. Hell we are getting to the point where the launch 360/ps3 era are retro.
>>
>>5433592
zoom zoom
>>
>>5433063
>>5433078
>>5433592
The worst part is there is nowhere to talk about those generations.
>>
>>5433647
Sucks to be in this limbo doesn't it?
Those topics get drowned on /v/ and they are not allowed on /vr/.
It's too broad for a general on either but also not big enough to warrant it's own board.

Time will tell what will become of us.
>>
>>5433598
I'm middle age boomer who recognizes his age.
>>
>>5430665
>turn the sound off
>in Doom motherfucking 64
By God's bleeding prolapsed butthole, what the FUCK would be the point?
>>
File: 1542406333205.png (177 KB, 470x353)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
How well does MAME run on Viter?
I'm considering turning it into the ultimate arcade handheld machine.
>>
>>5433592
>so they rewrote the dictionary about the word retro.
Has your dumbass actually taken the time to look up the definition of "retro"? It's ENTIRELY subjective. I can call yesterday's lunch retro if I wanted. So, since we aren't a hivemind, we use board rules. Board rules dictate we don't talk about consoles after the Dreamcast. If you want to argue that the rest of 6th gen deserves a spot then fine but don't act like the definition of retro is in your favor. Zoom zoom, moron.
>>
>>5433647
Yeah we really want to see endless KH and Halo threads. Bring it on!
>>
I got a vita for emulation but it kinda sucks, even snes games have slowdown or buggy music
>>
>>5430665
I'm curious. Can it play Orcarina of Time and Majora's Mask? Never gave a fuck about Mario after the SNES era.
>>
>>5435009
I wanna know too. That would be max comfy.
>>
Right now I'm emulating Shining in the Darkness but on my 3DS.
I don't like how Vita handles Genesis and SNES.
>>
>>5430637
>more than twelve people own vitas
>>
Is there a better way to play PS1 games on the vita than just doing it through adrenaline? I don't like that you can't change the display size without applying AA.
>>
>>5435242
Adrenaline is the best way. Retroarch emulators are total trash.
>>
>>5435242
It’s not AA it’s a bilinear filter, and you can disable it through the official settings. Be warned that unless you are using a 1:1 upscale, the pixels will be uneven. And even then some games used weird aspect ratios that the POPS emulator can’t display properly.
>>
Currently FF7 and Minish Cap - is there a way to emulate dos for some HOMM goodness? Looking for my next casual game to get into after FF7.
>>
>>5435982
Don't think anyone ported DOSbox to Vita, and even so, the PSP DOSbox was pretty much useless so I don't think a hypothetical Vita DOSbox would be much better, it's a 8 years old handheld by now.
>>
>>5434110
it runs fba quite well, don't really know about mame since the arcade games i needed were already on fba.
>>
>>5435890
retroarch doesn't run full 3d psx games at full speed but it's still very great, you can play the ff serie, resident evil, metal gear without a problem on retroacrh.
>>
>>5436284
>it runs fba quite well
That's great news, how well does it run CPS3 games? The PSP handled CPS2 surprisingly well so I suppose the Vita can do better than that.
>>
>>5436418
it runs sfiii3 at 50fps, with framskip enabled it's playable so no it doesn't run cps3 at full speed but it's pretty amazing for a 444mhz cpu.
>>
>>5436418
I don't think the Vita has a dedicated CPS1, 2, or 3 emulator. I just use Adrenaline on mine to play CPS1 and CPS2 games through that.
>>
>>5436498
Uh, what a shame, I suppose there's only so much you can do with a decade old CPU.
Still, I'm impressed, I'll try it out for myself and see how it goes, thanks for the info, Anon.
>>
>>5436518
pfba vita
>>
>>5434179
This zoomer meme is fucking retarded. Hurrrr I win the argument cause I called you underage b&, despite the fact I'm older than you. No one that isn't a massive faggot says zoomer above the age of 30. Retro is 15 years back. I bet when generation Z gets older they wouldn't want to call angry birds retro cause they learned from you 20 year old faggots that are too scared of being old to recognize ps2 and xbox as retro. HL2 is retro. Kill yourself.
>>
>>5436519
yes, i hope sony release a 2ghz handheld at some point so we can have up to dreamcast on handheld, would be neat but i can still dream.
>>
>>5436562
>Retro is 15 years back.
According to (You).
>>
>>5436598
People that grew up in the 80s are just too scared to realize there are consoles that released when they were adults and are now considered retro. The literal boomers don't have an issue with this. It's only Gen X and Millenials that have this issue.
>>
>>5436591
The PS6 will probably be handheld after Microsoft and Nintendo completely destroy Sony in gen 6
>>
>>5436591
>>5436619
>gen 6
I meant 9
Typo/braino
>>
>>5436619
>>5436624
the vita just needed a dock like the switch to succeed, a shame, let's hope sony or nintendo don't sleep on handheld market or maybe microsoft will decide to release one with w10.
>>
>>5436640
>the vita just needed a dock like the switch to succeed
That is almost literally what PSTV was. Nobody bought it.
>>
>>5436690
literally not what it was
>>
>>5436640
Nintendo will NEVER sleep on handheld market. It had been what was keeping the lights on so to speak for over a decade now. It had proven to be one of their successful areas in gaming and will continue the trend considering how big mobile is in Japan.
>>
>>5436739
compare ds and 3ds sales..
>>
>>5436617
It has nothing to do with denying my age and what I grew up with, at least in my case. It's that I don't want a tidal wave of 6th gen garbage drowning out niche topics that only really get discussed on this board.
>>
>>5436750
Not all 6th gen is retro, but some is. I think the rules should allow in XBOX and PS2. Xbox didn't event last that long cause once the 360 launched they just went full steam ahead on the 360. PS2 lasted longer so I could see a need to add a PS2 year date on topics. I can understand not allowing all 360/PS3 games being discussed, but at some point we need to allow it. It's not our fault that generation lasted so fucking long.
>>
>>5430637
Will the Vita ever be able to emulate anything better than the New 3DS (not counting the obvious backwards compatibility with Playstation and PSP games)? Just wondering since Sony discontinued it earlier this month.
>>
>>5436765
n3ds plays snes and gba better than vita, that's all
>>
>>5436763
You're asking for all of 6th gen to be allowed except the Gamecube because...? I mean for fucks sake, the Xbox is the most "modern" of the 6th gen consoles both in terms of power and the types of games and business practices it helped usher in.
>>
>>5437220
I honestly forgot the existence of the gamecube.
>>
For the upteenth time nerds, it isn't about whether the rest of 6th generation is old or "retro" enough yet. It's the simple fact the that generation so popular that allowing it here is very likely to overtake and push other types of discussion off the board. Stuff like PC-98 discussion and european computing would probably die off. I'd instead propose that Hiro either increase the thread limit here so there's enough room for everyone or make yet another vidya board. People have proposing a /v2k/ for years now.
>>
>>5436765
>Will the Vita ever be able to emulate anything better than the New 3DS
You mean pretty much anything but SNES and DS games?
We're already there.
>>
>>5437246
>People have proposing a /v2k/ for years now.
A board for discussing games/consoles too recent to qualify as /vr/ related but still aren't current enough to actually discuss on /v/ is really making sense about now. Especially when one considers how the 8th generation is coming to a close soon, at which point there will be just as many generations of consoles that will fall outside of /vr/ and current /v/ as there are generations of consoles that commonly get discussed on /vr/.
>>
>>5437306
I actually like this idea as well. I'm the annoying anon discussing that gen6 should be considered retro. I would be down for a split into /v/, /vr/, /v2k/. But where would dreamcast go? Would we take that discussion over there? I think we have enough going on this century to qualify for a whole board dedicated to the 21st century. If we get into the 2020s and we still have no place to talk about gen6 outside of dreamcast then it's pretty much fucked for any discussions on this site.
>>
>>5437324
>But where would dreamcast go?
It stays here, simply because it released early and died so young.
>>
>>5437324
I think DC could stay. It's not like it's a dominating source of discussion anyways and it's library is sort of like a "what the Saturn could have been".
>>
>>5437275
You forgot GBA. Remember that 3DS has native (non-cartridge obviously but through injects) GBA support.
>>
>>5437386
GBA isn't retro and thus not a factor.
>>
>>5437391
Neither is DS but it was mentioned.
>>
>>5435009

It can if you're alright with ~80% of its normal speed and no sound. I think async audio + OoT is broken on the new version. The game functions perfectly outside of that.

It's a PSP application and therefore it can't use the (modest) single core performance boost the Vita provides, but the developers make it sound like even the PSP's not being used to a full potential.

>Daedalus is very much unfinished - audio code sometimes processes twice for no good reason, HLE patching is only 70% finished (and we have nobody to finish it) and the codebase is generally a mess.
>>
Vita is amazing since it runs psp and ps1 games so well with adrenaline. It's super easy to jailbreak and the Vita library is nothing to scoff at.
On top of that it emulates Snes/Mame/Genesis/Gba/CPS1 &2 pretty damn well too.

And the screen is very good, way better than 3DS. And its actually portable and easy to take around.
>>
>>5437306
/vr/ was made in March of 2013, before Sony/Microsoft had officially unveiled their 8th gen offerings. Making /v2k/ for discussion of 6th and maybe 7th gen discussion would totally make sense at this point, especially since /v/ isn't going to get any slower.
>>
>>5437551
Not only is /v/ too fast, but they typically just discuss gaming news and being another /pol/ board that is more focused on game industry politics. /vr/ is a godsend for discussing crts and retro games, but we have absolute jackshit for 21st century games unless you like really modern games and go to /vg/ to discuss multiplayer games.
>>
>>5437541
>And the screen is very good, way better than 3DS.
The 3D screens do suck. I like the one on the New 2DS XL though.
>And its actually portable and easy to take around.
How can it be more portable than a 3DS?
>>
>Using a Vita/psp/ds/switch for emulation
>current year

These threads are about as bad as the 'sega system' threads.
>>
>>5437620
and what else do you suggest? your only other good option is a GPD XD, and that's because everything else is too sad. phones clamped onto controllers don't count.
>>
File: killer-whale-6.gif (28 KB, 350x349)
28 KB
28 KB GIF
>>5435009
>Orcarina
>>
>>5437602
They are both portable, I was thinking more about Vita vs Switch.

but the 3ds xl is heavier and bigger, just feels really chunky even compared to Vita.

Also the flip screen makes the 3DS more conspicuous in public, if I play my Vita it looks like im on my phone which is more normal/stealthy.
>>
>>5437654
Are you talking about the Vita 2000 maybe? The 3dsxl and Vita 1000 more or less compare in terms of size and weight.
>>
>>5437620
Yes friend, I too hate having proper controls and actual portability for portable emulation.
Alas, what will I ever do, for my emulators are not 600% accurate, may Byuu have mercy on this sinners' soul.
>>
Can a vita do NES, SNES, GB(C), and GBA? The latter runs fine on psp, but I've heard it they have issues on vita. Does running it through the psp emulator work better?
>>
>>5437659
ya the newest vita slim. I have an orange one. very slick.

>>5437717
>snes, nes, gbc
yes does all those and more perfectly.
>gba
most games I've tried run fine, but i've heard some can be glitchy.
>>
>>5436765
There's currently an N64 emulator. You can play Mario 64 on it flawlessly and more to come
>>
>>5435242
You must have serious levels of autism if that bothers you so much.
Adrenaline is the best way.
>>
>>5437717
All those run best on PSP and thus on Vita. A lot of SNES games like FF6 and Yoshi's Island are pretty laggy though.
>>
>>5430637
Finished Super Castlevania IV for the first time a few days ago. My first Castlevania game ever and I liked it a lot, definitely will play more of this series.

Others are Super Mario World, Super Mario All-Stars, Link to the Past, Pokemon FireRed, Metroid Zero Mission, Mega Man X4, and Final Fantasy 6. All great games.
>>
>>5437739
Try Castlevania Bloodlines (genesis)
very good
>>
Is the only way to have proper GBA on Vita running TempGBA on Adrenaline?
I noticed some games don't run so well on Retroarch (like MMZ2)
I'd rather not to talk too much about GBA on this board tho.

On Retroarch I run CPS1, CPS2, NES, SNES, GB, GBC, SMS, Genesis, 32x, CD, PC Engine and TurboGrafx CD flawlessly.
>>
if you're mainly looking to emulate on the Vita I'd recommend buying a tablet instead. I bought a chinese 10" tablet for $200 bucks and a ps4 controller and it's fantastic at emulating everything from the arcade-mame, to nes to n64 to the psp.

One big problem I have with the Vita is that I can't play on it for more than 40mins cause my hands cramp up, the buttons are so small and it's just not ergonimically comfortable if you have bigger hands. But the ps4 controller is fine.
>>
>>5437750
Thanks, I'll give it a shot

>>5437759
You can use a PS4 controller on Vita if you want to.
>>
>>5437759
>Spend $200 bucks on another machine while you already a perfectly capable one

I don't understand you think a table is more comfortable than a portable console DESIGNED to be held for long periods of time.
>>
>>5437769
I bought the tablet for other uses too, internet, video/movies, as a back up phone, and other stuff.
Also some games are a pain to play on a small Vita screen like shooting games. Once I got into shmups I needed a bigger screen.

>designed to be played for long periods
Not for my hands, I have long piano player fingers. I need something to grip onto, the ps4 controller is perfect, but the Vita has no grips unless you buy them separately.
>>
>>5437804
Unrelated but now I noticed I redacted my post HORRIBLY.

>I miised a "how"
>table

Sorry about your fingers man, I hope your tablet covers all your portable gaming needs.
>>
>>5437246
Yeah I see your point of view. I wouldn't want PC-98 discussion to die just because I want to talk about Shinobi on PS2
>>
>>5437764
> PS4 controller
You can't do it officially, you're probably thinking of the PSTV, or PSPgo and the ps3 controller. OR using the Vita as a PS4 controller.
>>
>>5438123
>You can't do it officially
because you believe you can officially run everything that was mentionned in this thread? geez
>>
>>5438123
If you're emulating, you already have a hacked console.
If you have a hacked console you can connect ds3 and ds4 controllers to it.
https://github.com/xerpi/ds4vita
>>
>>5430637
How easy is it to mod a Vita these days?
>>
>>5438153
I don't read threads
>>
>>5438347

The hardest part is finding one below 3.69.
>>
>>5438347
on 3.60 firmware: literally just visit a website.
on 3.68 firmware: have to jump through some hoops but it only takes ~20 minutes.
on 3.69 or 3.70 firmware: wait for theflow0 to release his next hack, which should come before the end of the year.
>>
>>5438472
I thought for sure i was 3.69 but apparently im .68, sweet.
>>
File: 1552186808179.jpg (109 KB, 539x496)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
Dragon Warrior Monsters
Phantasy Star
I just recently bought Final Fantasy Tactics, so I'm about to run through that for the first time.
>>
What consoles can Vita emulate?
>>
>>5438597
Everything from gen 5 and older, plus GBA
>>
I'm seriously thinking of picking one up plus getting the L1 + R2 grip, but the stupid proprietary memory card is making me think twice about purchasing one lol
>>
I un-hacked mine because I never bothered to set up an FTP to communicate with it and I had some stuff I needed to download things from PSN.

I'm waiting for a super-hack that's supposedly in the works to go back.
>>
>>5438616
If you hack the console you can use an sd2vita, which is pretty much what it sounds like.

>>5438610
GBA emulation is pretty poor in my experience.

>>5438618
You can just use a USB connection these days.
>>
>>5438472
What kinda hoops? Maybe I should bite the bullet and do it, finally hacked my 3DS recently so it'd be a good time.
>>
>>5438867
Just gotta follow the installation instructions here.
https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/h-encore
When that's done, you may want to use modoru to get a coldboot exploit.
>>
>>5438882
Oh easy peasy then, thanks. Just checking though, will it fuck with my PSN account?
>>
>>5438937
Nobody seems to have been banned yet. I can even continue to remote play from my PS4. Sony just gives zero fucks.
>>
I've been wanting to get a handheld to emulate games, but theres a million choices and most are garbage from what I read. So is Vita the best choice for that? Is the Vita I need to track down difficult? I see plenty on ebay but theres different firmwares and then theres the 1000 and 2000 to choose from as well. Any places that can answer all that shit online?
>>
>>5439064
It's a mild upgrade over the PSP. Dunno if there are other handhelds that are better, but don't expect to emulate much beyond the 16 bit era.
Vitas that can be hacked are on 3.68 firmware or older, which is fairly old. There's gonna be a new hack for all firmwares this year. Model doesn't matter.
/hbg/ over on /vg/ has links and advice for any kind of modern console modding.
>>
>>5439072
I appreciate the help, thank you!
>>
>>5437804
>>5437759
buy a good grip, I too had cramps but after I got one my experience became much better.
>>
>>5438618
Updating anything Sony is always a mistake. Ive waited 2 years before for a new hack because I was .1 over.
>>
>>5434970
Yeah, snes emulation on psp was shit too
>>
Today I learned I can use emulators on my vita even if its 3.69 (via VHBL)
I have now retired my psp and when the next exploit comes out it's only going to get better.
Really looking forward to that. (So I can play non-retro games on it)
>>
>>5430665
Why not just play the dos version of doom on retroarch?
>>
emulating two hidden gems I don't wanna mention because their price will sky rocket if people catch on
>>
I finally managed to hack mine (3.67) yesterday despite all the confusion. I used h-encore offline. The problem is, I can't sign in to PSN without updating to 3.70. Now I'm sorry if this is a stupid question and I've googled everywhere but nobody seems to answer it: is it possible for me to update now that I already have h-encore on my vita or will henkaku, etc, stop working? If not, how can I fucking sign in to my PSN??
>>
>>5440167
Is Henkaku configured to spoof the latest firmware

Don't update, it won't work.
>>
>>5440170
Oh shit! I hadn't bothered to try spoofing after hacking it and I did now and totally logged in!

Thanks for the tip!
>>
What are some of the comfiest PS1 games to put on my vita? I just loaded up all the Final Fantasy and Suikoden games, along with the Crash Bandicoot trilogy and Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2. I had a PS1 when I was young but we were poor so I didn’t have many games for it. I guess it’s probably better to stick with digital games, since analogue controls are missing right-stick support.
>>
>>5441134
What are you talking about? The right stick works fine. Perhaps you've misconfigured it?
>>
How am I supposed to get CFW working on a PSTV? Everyone says to use content manager but the "update software" popup is blocking it. There's supposed to be a DNS workaround but that doesn't work either.
>>
>>5441145
Have you tried rebooting after setting the DNS address?
>>
>>5438597
In my experience:

NES, SNES, GB, GBC, PSX, NeoGeo Pocket, Wonderswan, Wonderswand Color, SMS, MegaDrive, 32x, Sega CD, Game Gear, CPS1 and 2, Turbografx 16 and Turbografx CD.

GBA really depends of the game.
>>
Metroid Zero mission.
I played it before on my psp.
It looks a lot better on an old screen.
>>
>>5441204
Not /vr/
>>
>>5441206
I know, sorry, I'm also replaying A Link to the past on it.
>>
>>5441146
Yep, apparently the addresses aren't working at the moment. I tried multiple and still nothing. I'll leave it for a while and see if things sort themselves out.
>>
>>5441214
Don't be. I'm just super autist about it.
>>
>>5441141
Really? Are you talking about using Retorarch, or Adrenaline?
>>
>>5441257
Adrenaline. You need to open the game's settings and enable the analogue controller for it to work.
>>
>>5441258
Oh, that’s amazing. I saw that the flow had released right-analog patches for some games so I thought they needed to be patched for support. So if I played GTA2, I could use the right analog stick to control the fire truck’s water or tank cannon? And the camera for Ape Escape?
>>
>>5441264
The right analog patches are for PSP games. Clearly PSP games aren't programmed to use a right analog stick and you need to mod the game for it to work.
But PS1 games running under Adrenaline can use both analog sticks. You just need to enable the analog controller mode for it to work, just like pressing the analog button on a real PS1's dualshock.
>>
>>5441145
>>5441218
QMCA works, it's a recreated open source content manager

It should not prompt you to update
>>
I picked up a Vita phat recently and I was really disappointed with the SNES emulation on it, my New 3DS has no issues with FF6 but the Vita chugs during the opening even with overclocking.
I've been using it a lot for PSP and PS1 games though so I'm still pretty pleased with my purchase.
>>
>>5441269
I totally misunderstood the patches, I feel like a retard now for not looking closely. Thanks for clearing that up, anon!

Do you have any good recommendations for games? All I can think of is GTA and Ape Escape.
>>
>>5441394
I'm not sure if Ape Escape works on the PS1 emulator, actually. Of course there's the PSP port, but that's not the same.

Apart from that, I've been enjoying Ace Combat lately. 2 and 3 are both PS1 games, while X is a PSP game. They're all good and you can start with any of them, but get the translation patch for 3 rather than the official localization.
>>
Should I get a ps vita that already has games? I’ve been wanting a psp go to emulate but the thing is I am a literal brainlet that doesn’t know how to emulate. I already have a vita but like I said I don’t know how to emulate.
>>
>>5441772
I meat psp go for the first sentence
>>
>>5441772
If you’re too much of a brainlet to hack a vita, why do you think you’d be able to swing a psp go?
>>
>>5441978
No, the vita comes with emulated games already. So I pay 40ish dollars more for someone to do it for me
>>
>>5442061
So what do you do once you get bored of those games?
>>
File: 1552285223292.jpg (10 KB, 197x255)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>5431461
my nigga
>>
>>5442061
you shouldn't pay more for something that is piss easy to set up
>>
>>5442962
Could you get me some resources? I know there’s plenty. I was just wondering if you had or know of one that is the easiest to do.
>>
>>5443032
what games do you want pre installed? vita games? emulated retro games? for the latter you just need to install the emulators and fit your card with roms, if you are struggling you can come on /hbg/ over /vg/ board
>>
>>5443126
I want emulated games from gameboy/gameboy color
>>
The battery life is killing me, especially in Adrenaline. I just want to play Dynasty Warriors Vol 2 without rushing to the charger every 3 hours.
>>
>>5443126
I found out I have a 3.70 firmware :(
>>
>>5444379
you can still do a certain amount of emulation with vhbl
>>
Is there a way to emulate the x68k?
>>
>>5441368
I think at this point it's a given that of you want PS1 and PSP library you'll need to get a Vita for portability.
But if you're more of a Nintendo guy then the 3DS is the way to go.
Personally I do love me some Nintendo titles and the emulation on Vita is good enough for the few games I like (after all I did put up with the Psp for years)
But ultimately I enjoy the PlayStation library more so I got me the Vita.
Also love the Oled screen.
>>
>>5430637
Would the Vita be good if I want to get into playing Arcade games?

I've got a toaster of a computer and can't afford to replace it buy I do have a Vita laying around and saw it can run both MAME and FBA but i know so little about arcade emulation since I've never gotten into it before that I have no idea which is better or how well it runs them.
>>
Do I really have to wait a whole year to hack my 3.69 vita?
>>
>>5446050
Vita can play CPS1, CPS2 and I guess some MAME.
It's "good" but far from optimal for that. I'd suggest a PC or something for that.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.