[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: aladdinPlatformers_04.png (162 KB, 800x280)
162 KB
162 KB PNG
Can we just agree both were actually kino?
>>
File: BLUED.png (350 KB, 1045x570)
350 KB
350 KB PNG
let us lay down our arms and unite against a common foe
>>
Yes, they are. Whoever says otherwise is a tribal faggot.
>>
>>5364453
He looking ashy.
>>
>>5364443
the best genesis game = mid-tier SNES game

makes me think
>>
File: 1530955730081.png (80 KB, 826x609)
80 KB
80 KB PNG
>>5364483
First console war shithead in the thread.
Also
>best genesis game
>>
File: hmmmm.....jpg (84 KB, 1024x576)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
>>5364483
>the best genesis game
>>
They're both good for different reasons. To be honest, I never was crazy over either one. Best Aladdin game is on the GameGear/ Master System.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbDlLnKPS_o
>>
>>5364443
I prefer having a sword
>>
>>5364453
Dafuck is this mutant?
>>
>>5364453
Oh, so THIS is why people are saying Kingdom Hearts 3 is garbage.
>>
>>5364443
>kino
>not pure kino
get a load of this zoomer trying to act like one of us
>>
>>5364731
The first level is utter garbage and probably dissuaded a lot of people from actually playing the game.
>>
Yes, but Capcom's Aladdin was more kino.
>>
i have all Aladdin games.
-----------------------------------------
Capcom variant
*Bootleg
>Aladdin Hummer Team - Nes
>Aladdin II - Sega MD/Genesis
*Licenced
>Aladdin - gba
>Aladdin - Snes
SIMS variant
*Licenced
>Aladdin - game gear
>Aladdin - Sega master system
Virgin Interactive variant
*Bootleg
>Aladdin 2000 - Snes
>Aladdin 2 - Nes
>Super Aladdin - Nes
*Licenced
>Aladdin - gb
>Aladdin - gbc
>Disney's Aladdin - Genesis
>Aladdin - DOS
>Aladdin - Amiga
>>
>>5364443
SOUL/SOULLESS
>>
Visually the SNES game looks alright, and sports a lot of colours. But the Genesis game had Disney animators work on the sprites. Disney brought some of the Aladdin movie artists on board because the game was on a very tight deadline. Dave Perry even said it was rushed out to meet a deadline, and ended up being one of the best selling games on the console. The animation scanning process Dave Parry used was later incorporated into Earthworm Jim's development. But all the character sprites looked dead on to their animated counter parts. The backgrounds looked decent too, they are higher contrast, but work with the Genesis limited colour palette. The game was solid for what it was.

The SNES game clearly used Capcom's own artists (or contracted art team?), and they didn't do too bad of a job. They went with a airbrushed look on every sprite and they do look a bit more anime. Their animation is stiffer too. The backgrounds look pretty good, but high colour. Though they always looked a bit too soft to me. The game is a solid run and jump styled platformer too. In some ways it is a bit better than the Genesis game, at least in level design. But visually, I don't think it compares.
>>
Can we talk about how bizarrely well-made the Chinese bootleg NES port is? Sure, it suffers from hardware limitations and the sound is not good at all, but all things considered it's impressively faithful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAcrnLjlpSs
>>
>>5364453
Did no one notice how shit Jafar looked at well?
>>
>>5366201
Yea but the Genie doesn't just look like shit, he sounds like shit too.
>>
snes version looks better, have better music and plays much smoother.
>>
>>5364483
based and redpilled
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (81 KB, 1280x690)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>5364443
Can we talk about how Genie's left hand in the SNES version bonus game looked like a dick 'n' balls?
>>
>>5366767
cringe and snespilled
>>
>>5366835
dead company and sega widow
>>
>>5366835
>>5366839
console warriors and single-system pilled
>>5366823
Eh I think you might be seeing dicks everywhere.
That effect on the Genie's finger slipping through the wheel was cool though.
>>
>>5364443
I had the genesis version as a kid since I never bought a nintendo system until the 64.
Still the Genesis Aladdin looks far preferable and just plain better to me.
>>
>>5366949
It really does look like a limp dick and a pair of balls though. Trying to appeal to that homo userbase that Nintendo is known for, I guess. Lots of levels use bright pastel colouring for no apparent reason as well.
>>
>>5366963
Ah, so you're just another console warrior that only owned 1 system as a kid.
Poor you.
Also yeah you're obsessed with dicks, you keep projecting your obsession with male genitalia and homo stuff everywhere.
>>
>>5366969
Sorry bud, didn't mean to offend you for being into gay shit, it's just not my cup of tea is all.
>>
File: 1550004334426.jpg (57 KB, 970x546)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>5364453
Behold
>>
>>5366986
>muh console wars
Also, it does seem that you are, indeed, into gay shit,. You're the one seeing dicks everywhere after all.
>>
>>5367010
>he doesnt see dicks everywhere

too bad for you, subliminal dick recognition is a sign of high iq
>>
>>5364443
I hate how these two games are always brought up when it comes to the snes vs genesis console war when they're both mediocre platformers compared to the rest of the games these consoles have to offer.
>>
Aladdin 2000 (SNES):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs11KI8AezI

Aladdin 2 (Mega Drive):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAEoo3HHNYM

Aladdin 2000 is a bootleg port of the Genesis/ Mega Drive Aladdin for the SNES. Aladdin 2 on the Mega Drive is a bootleg port of the Capcom SNES game.
>>
>>5364443
>kino

We can agree that you are a retarded faggot.
>>
>>5364795
underrated

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.