[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: file.png (6 KB, 368x105)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
I just want every single fucking official NES ROM in one pack, but without duplicates (i.e no same game different region, betas etc.)
What is that called? Where do I download it?
This is no-intro, still has duplicates
>>
Just delete/hide the ones you don't need. Does not take that long. I'm pretty sure you might even be able to filter by region or something like that, which may be easier. There are usually regional differences to justify the inclusion of multiple roms, even if its just 50/60hz.
>>
>>5364164
everdrive
>>
>>5364164
It's called do that yourself, because even duplicates can be unique with differences between regions and betas.
>>
>>5364164
>without duplicates
Good luck. I got most of my roms in the late 90s/early 2000s. Recently I picked up a genesis set, and holy fuck was it a mistake. I am a dumb ass about things, but each NTSC rom has at least 6-7 individual versions. The entire set is over 7000 individual games. One of these days I will go through and pick one of each, and make a set for myself.

>>5364171
>everdrive
I get the idea you didn't read one bit of anything before you typed that.
>>
everdrive rip https://mega.nz/#F!r111FRIB!j49Td06igCBhlxt7klJ2Jw
>>
>>5364164

>Search for *(Europe)*
>Select All
>Cut
>>Create New Folder
>"Europe"
>Paste
>Search for (Japan), (USA), (Proto), (Unl)...
inb4 whining about accidentally removing or hiding a good euro / japan exclusive
>>
>>5364205
is there a good site that reviews all these differences
>>
>he doesn't use a rom manager program to make sure he only has 1 rom per game and not a ton of revisions and regions
Be the change you wanna see.
>>
>>5364289
Would have said tcrf years ago, but they have been starting to ignore and downplay on purpose any localization change, because localizations and censorship is the best thing ever. They will however gladly document any "deviations" from the jokes the north american translator made in all other versions.

Sadly not, I guess.
>>
>search a region you don't want in the rom folder
>ctrl+a
>delete
>>
>>5364164
>What is that called?
it's called being an ungrateful lazy fuck.
>>
>>5364164
versions/betas are not duplicates
its also easy filter those out once you download

>>5364295
also this
>>
>>5364164
1g1r
>>
>>5364249

Where's the nes?
>>
>>5364438
it's the one called everdrive N8
no idea why it's called that, I just use this site to cross reference https://krikzz.com/store/

also there's a torrent here sinze Mega has a download limit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Roms/comments/9e16ff/everdrive_collection_torrent/
>>
>>5364295
Like what? I've tried a few but they were unusually difficult to use.
Like, they seemed focused on removing bad dumps and I couldn't find a way to filter regions, or filter anything really.
>>
Just delete the ones you don't want to use, you lazy fuck. Must someone else do literally everything for you?
>>
what is smokemonster
>>
>>5364164
>different revisions are duplicates
gtfo
>>
>>5364295
Why does this even matter? I have 64gb sdcard on my ed64 and i have the no-intro/ed packs loaded onto it along with nes no-intro/ed packs with still 25gb free space.
>>
>>5364465
I like RomCenter, it has a gui, and before you even build your romset you can choose to filter out other regions, or force 1g1r(1 game, 1 rom).

>>5367198
Makes for cleaner rom lists when browsing for something to play. Would rather see SMB, SMB2, SMB3, than SMB, SMB/Duck Hunt, SMB/Duck Hunt/World Class Track Meet, SMB2, SMB2 Rev A, SMB3, SMB Rev A. No need to have every revision and region unless it's an archive for storage. Your romset for actual use doesn't need all that fluff.
>>
>>5364309
TCRF is just a wiki, and I doubt they'd delete your addition if you added regional variances. I guess most attention is just given to prototype version differences and leftover development/cut content and hidden developer scraps in retail versions, given the nature of the site.
>>
>>5364164
>This is no-intro, still has duplicates
Isn't that the point? I thought the point of no-intro was cataloguing all unique ROM dumps for a given console for archival purposes, and not just giving people a clean set of retail games. Betas and obscure regional releases are certainly important to archive since they are at much higher risk of being "lost" than your average retail game.
>>
>>5364446
It is a play on the N64 but the NES is 8-bit.
>>
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gWjZYQ4MKytzPfZiMnlecWmXXjQxAGsS
>>
>>5364164
Those aren't duplicates. Those are distinct versions. Stop being retarded.

If you want "the best version" of each game, then what you want isn't a pack, it's a dat file that you apply to your no-intro collection to filter the games by some criteria.
>>
Most of those aren't exact duplicates, some of them are legit different from one another. Remember Nintendo loved to censor stuff back then.
From the top of my mind:
- Arkanoid has 3 more levels in the US version.
- A Boy and His Blob changed the title screen and the graphics of the playable character (the japanese one looks really dumb).
- Battletoads has so many differences it's almost a different game altogether: https://tcrf.net/Battletoads_(NES)/Regional_Differences
- The villains in Bionic Commando were neo-nazis in the japanese version.
>>
search all tags that have *U) and *W), save them, delete the rest.
>>
>>5367664
this is the only right answer. what you're asking for is a curated list of "definitive" versions of games which could involve jpn, NA, and even romhacks/translations (and it's pretty controversial to call a hacked version "definitive" but stuff like mother99 and ff1 with bug fixes are too good to pass up). Either way, you're not asking for something that be easily done. If you have list, it's going to be someone else's opinion on the best version of the game.
>>
>>5364164
use hyperspin lists and tools to trim duplicates
>>
>>5364164
Arcadepunks retropie torrents are pretty good for finding a romset of all systems.
>>
>>5367575
>thinking anyone wants the gimped Euro or GCN versions of Zelda 2

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.