[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 16378_front.jpg (256 KB, 640x400)
256 KB
256 KB JPG
>Want to play Breath of Fire 2 GBA
>Remember the translation still shit
>There's not a hack retranslating the game for GBA
>>
>>5360118
I can't seem to progress and all I have is this Lod, please help
>>
People only like this shit series for the girls.
>>
>>5360796
That's only BoFII and Kattfags
>>
>>5360118
who cares, the original translation is OK except that one part in the cave with Ray where "yes" and "no" are inverted.

>>5360785
equip bait with your lod and go fishing

>>5361368
it's my favorite jrpg and i don't have an obsession with katt. it's just a cool game with lots of memorable moments
>>
It is a shit game anyway.
>>
>>5361778
>the original translation is OK
hahahahahahaha
>>
>>5361792
To be fair, no one really cared about the translation of BoF2 until like last year when some self important kattfags released a retranslation of it that no one asked for.
>>
>>5361808
>last year when some self important kattfags released a retranslation of it that no one asked for.
the retranslation was 10 years old anon
>>
Been meaning to play this - is it good?
>>
>>5361938
It's fun because the battles have animated enemies, there's a character mix system to play around with and the story is ok for the time it was released, so don't expect something big.
>>
>>5361938
Progressing the story can sometimes be really obtuse, so don't be afraid to look to a guide as soon as you suspect you're wasting your time going in circles.
>>
bump
>>
>>5361938
It's really bad, people only pretend to like it for the girls.
>>
>>5361938
It's a bread and butter RPG with quirky characters. It suffers from clear balance issues and pacing problems, as well as a lot of RPG faux pas (this secondary character is going on a solo adventure! I hope you leveled them!)

It's not amazing and far from the best on the SNES but it's a solid entry.
The GBA version is kind of ugly in some ways so it might be better to play the SNES version with the retranslation; the original has a lot of broken English and bizarre localization.
>>
>>5364262
>It's not amazing and far from the best on the SNES but it's a solid entry.
But it's on all the Top 10 SNES RPG lists! Together with Zelda: A Link to the Past
>>
That kraut retranslation is somehow worse than the original.
>>
>>5364356
The point of that "translation" was "made a better script than the american script" and i can't understand why they can't inspire from the japanese script instead
>>
>>5360796
>>5361786
>>5361792
>>5361808
>>5364247
>>5364262
>>5364346

Bunch of zoomers who never played this shit growing up. This game was awesome when it was released because there weren't like 1000 other rpgs where you fight an evil church and kill god who is really a demon etc. Sure some of it was underdeveloped (the town building woefully so) but at.the.time. it was a solid game, the only reason it falls flat is because it pioneers a bunch of things that other mainstream rpgs did better later on.
>>
File: 546345234234.jpg (42 KB, 455x316)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
>>5364364
>This entertainment was awesome back then and people saying it's not fun today are idiots!
Yeah no one cares grandpa.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.