[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: fake earthbound.png (1.03 MB, 2316x1140)
1.03 MB
1.03 MB PNG
Do you own any reproduction cartridges?
>>
yeah, just one. the first shin megami tensei for SNES
>>
Back in 2016 I had a bit of money to waste so I bought a bunch of AliExpress GB/GBC/GBA carts. Obviously I could get it all with flashcarts, but it was cool to have a Shantae cartridge for $5 that works just like the original. I also have a more professional (not made in China) repro of Gimmick, complete with working Sunsoft 5B audio, in an NES cartridge that works on my modded NES. It wasn't super cheap but it was worth it.

Other than that though, no. The fake NES/SNES carts are generally more expensive than the fake GB carts, more than I'm willing to pay for them.
>>
Yes, I have a repro Castlevania Bloodlines.
>>
No, but I've been thinking about getting Seiken Densetsu 3 and the SNES SMT games
>>
Seems like a good thread to ask.
Where do you get new cartridge stickers?
I have a couple of megadrive games that work but the stickers on them look like shit.
>>
I bought a cheap Chinese repro of Alien Soldier. The instruction manual was a shitty print out of the instructions off the Steam version of the game and it smelled really weird. I tried a more professional looking South American repro of Devil Crash MD and while it looked and smelled nicer, the board is way too fucking thick and you have to jam it down into the system.
>>
>>5285958
DKC3
It doesn't save
>>
>>5285958
No
>>
File: kirby_mass_attack.png (2.48 MB, 989x976)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB PNG
No but I got fucked into buying a few bootleg DS games about 8 years ago.
>>
File: index.jpg (7 KB, 305x165)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>>5286332
Proper fucked?
>>
>>5286332
That's the problem. When scammers try to pass off a fake as real. There are fake copies of Eliminate Down on Ebay right now for $1000, and they are all over yahoo japan.
>>
>>5286332
My brother paid full price for what he thought was a genuine copy of 999 around 6 years ago.
>>
>>5286169
Would you be able to enjoy them with no battery saving ability?
>>
>>5286332
This is hilarious. I would buy this one purpose.
>>
>>5286384
Probably not, do reproduction carts not have save batteries?
>>
>>5286440
I have not seen one that did.
>>
I hope not
>>
Wiley wars for genesis and not the pal version. NTSC version. It saves as well
>>
File: DwaK61QU0AAQKG7.jpg:orig.jpg (479 KB, 2048x1536)
479 KB
479 KB JPG
>>5286359
>There are fake copies of Eliminate Down on Ebay right now for $1000, and they are all over yahoo japan.
This is why I'll never get behind paying the premium on certain titles, especially now with these repros flooding shops and often being sold for said premium as if it's the real deal. At the risk of sounding like a shill, at least with something like pic-related, i'm getting a legit repro and a at a far better price. Otherwise, I just stick with flashcarts.
>>
File: wtf.gif (1.53 MB, 370x335)
1.53 MB
1.53 MB GIF
>>5285958
A single one. The site I got it from was featured on a certain YouTuber's "Scumbag Seller of the Week" segment and shut down in response to that.
Learned about that through an email I got from them. Said they're shutting down "due to recent controversy" and so I went and found that video.
>>
>>5286898
that "certain youtuber" is fuckin dumb, that's what
>>
>>5286347
heh, nice
>>
>>5286898
Pat the NES Fuck for anyone wondering
>>
No. But I have a complete collection of roms.
>>
>>5288454
Dude wants to be the gatekeeper for retro but god, irritating AF
>>
I want mother 3 that shit was my childhood
>>
>>5286428
Kino buyer. Will trip the fuck out whoever reads it randomly.
>>
>>5285958
No, but I do own a legit copy of EB, the box, and a near mint condition guide. Thank you based video store liquidation sale
>>
I have a Sonic&Knuckles cartridge without lock-on.
>>
>>5285958
No because I'm not fucking retarded.
>CIB Mother 2 on SFC is 20$ US
>Repro Cart only Earthbound is 15$ US
>Everdrive is 100$ US
>>
>>5286898
>shut down
you mean popped up under a different name five minutes later.
>>
>>5285958
No. But I have lots of things that are identical except for the price because they're called bootlegs.
>>
>>5285958
Yeah, I have a Star Ocean repro (which uses art from the PSP remake on the label, how disgusting). I bought it because I was under the impression that SO was not playable on flashcarts
>>
Only games that never got a US release since I can't into moon runes. Is there a reason to buy them otherwise?
>>
>>5291002

>Not buying a legit Japanese cartridge with the rom chip replaced by one with the English translation

Repro is still not worth it, even for translations.
>>
>>5286016
Where do you got that Gimmick Repro?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.