[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Why does emulation make a certain subset of this board so angry?
>>
I really don't know, and I have an ok collection of real hardware.
>>
who cares
>>
it doesn't make sense
i prefer some things emulated and some things on original hardware
i'm not going to shame you for not buying a snes

the same people who make a huge deal about it are the ones who collect games and haven't played 80% of their collection
>>
>>5200830
Falseflagging shitposting. Sure there might be some crazy anons on this board who actually believe some of their bullshit but there's going to be 90% chance it's gonna be someone LARP-ing to get some YOU's.
>>
It's rare to see a person getting angry over emulation. Meanwhile every time you see someone talk about the price of a certain game you get all these tards going "just emulate bro" or "you mustn't know about emulation lol". You even had lots of them celebrating the fact that one guy's games collection burned down, that's pathological.
>>
What's the definitive way to play MAME? Shmupmame or groovymame? Do I want Hyperspin? Should I get a CRT monitor? What kind? What kind of PC do I need?
>>
Humans love to demand people stop liking what they don't like. Additionally, nerds are poorly socialized and usually shitty people. That's why.
>>
>>5200830
It seems to me having a collection of more than 50 physical games makes this board even more salty.
>>
>>5200902
>humans are shitty
The only thing we can agree on lol
>>
>>5200927
no, that anon said NERDS are usually shitty people. not all humans, NERDS. shitty nerds. like you.
>>
File: 1531954790882.png (45 KB, 216x278)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
I wish I knew.
>>
>>5200830
Because PSP, Wii, DS, and XBOX fags use emulation as an excuse to discuss modern hardware, and it's a slippery slope.
>Hey guys! Let's talk about the Nintendo Wii!
>f-for emulation, of course...
>>
>>5200830
I thought this was a Bleem thread, now I'm disappointed. Bleem is the best emulator ever.
>>
>>5201371
It's the best for the dozen games it runs.
>>
>>5201314
This doesn't happen. They literally just want to talk about emulation, then paranoid people like you derail it.
>>
>>5201314
You're using a post-2000 PC.
Don't talk about your emulation hardware since it's not retro.
>>
>>5200830

I mostly see the opposite. Most of the time I see people talking about emulation everyone seems cool, but as soon as someone talks about buying games a million pictures of SD card collections show up.
>>
>>5201314
What's the best way to emulate Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on the Wii so I can use the wiimote to point when I input my name?
>>
>>5201391
Can it play Crash Team Racing?
>>
>>5201660
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4qDCi4GlKk
>>
File: 1543890848570.jpg (21 KB, 451x353)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>5200830
It almost makes more sense to emulate than to buy original retro hardware. It's easier, cheaper, etc. than buying original, and none of the money goes to the developers. It reminds me of the "you're not a true music lover if you don't exclusively collect and listen to music on vinyl!" retards.

I usually buy newer games though
>>
>>5200830
I don't think emulation makes anyone here angry. Many newfags are angry that other people can afford real hardware. They vent by shitposting, often about emulation, which makes other people angry. But emulation itself. Nah. Low quality bait.
>>
File: 1542988471419.png (1.16 MB, 1543x1080)
1.16 MB
1.16 MB PNG
Because if they see that other people on this board enjoy their hobby slightly differently than them, they think it's a personal attack.
>>
Because this is a (You) farm, whatever I can say to give me some (You)s I most certainly will. Like those CRT fags who think blurring their pixels is what developers intended. Retarded imo.
>>
>>5201954
Ummmmm, sharp pixels r gross
>>
>>5200887
The one where you play the game and have fun.
>>
>>5200830

Emulation is fine. Everybody loves it. It's the narcissistic little zoomer fags who need to devalue what they do not have that are a pain in the ass.
>>
>>5201954
>developers intended

https://youtu.be/Vhh_GeBPOhs
>>
>>5200885
this. No one cares if you emulate I'm sure most of us have done it at some point, but there will always be at least one idiot that says "just emulate bro LOL" in a thread about flashcarts, collections, or anything involving real hardware, in other words, stuff they can't afford
>>
>>5200830

the only people butthurt about emulation are collectors who constantly need to show off their massive epeen by withholding un-dumped games.
>>
>>5202429
Well they haven't seen their real dicks in years so what choice do they have?
>>
>>5202429
A shining example of the kind of anger that has nothing to do with emulation and everything to do with being an angstly little poorfag
>>
>>5200830
anons post under several layers of irony at times, news at 11

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/dYPh8Y
Everyone likes "r8 my emulation box build" threads!
>>
>>5202385
>>5203007
>poorfags can only into emulation
>building a dedicated emu station runs you at least 500 bucks
>building a functioning arcade cabinet will run you more than that for a decent one
Meanwhile, a Genesis flashcart runs you 150 bucks plus the console which you can get for a tenth that price.

I don't really have a dog in this fight, but I've spent more money on getting "emulators" set up than I've spent on consoles and flashcards. But I get fancy with the hardware.
>>
>>5203007
>emulation doesn't make me angry
>I'll prove it by sperging out
>>
>>5203029
>you need a $500 pc to run retro games
>you need to build an arcade cabinet
You can run emulators on whatever you're viewing this post with.
>>
>>5203083
Jokes on you dude, I’m viewing this through Remote Desktop on my amd gecko platform
>>
>>5203083
There's no point buying a raspberry piece of shit, it won't emulate worth a damn no matter what you idiots say. If you want to emulate, you'll have to spend some money.

But do list all the hot NES shit you can emulate on one of those fads. Wake me when they can emulate Saturn.
>>
Falseflagging commies. No one cares if you emulate, but thirdworlders and niggers get buttblasted when you talk about your collection of actual hardware and software.
>>
>>5203083
What the fuck is the matter with that cat.
>>
>Falseflagging, but…
>Falseflagging, but…

This is a tacky and transparent way to cover up your butthurt over being called out, friends.
>>
>>5203152
yeah i'm poor when i have a switch, xbone, and ps4
idiot
>>
>>5203029
>Genesis flashcart runs you 150 bucks
huhwut? I paid $30 or something for mine. You must have fell for the meme really hard. I'd emulate if it cost me $165 to play Genesis games. Do you use a PVMeme or a FraMEMEister?
>>
>>5200869
Just like OP. Goddammit, another thread I gotta hide so it's not on the first page for the next week. /vr/ has always had masterbaiters but now it has an abundance of people who validate them.
>>
>>5203152
Keep being a retarded manchild who wastes hundred, if not thousands, of dollars on aged plastic that contains a bunch of 1s and 0s.
You’re not rich, you’re just incompetent with money. And I probably make more in a month than you do in an entire year.
>>
>>5203152
Kek my desktop probably costs more than your entire collection of rotting hardware. I can even hook it up to a CRT so you have fucking nothing on emulation.
>>
>>5203164
I wish there was a way to report him to the government for spending his welfare checks on plastic junk.
>>
>>5203167
well i mean emulation still isn't perfect, and you're going to experience some input ag

there's a reason people get actual hardware
>>
>>5200830
>>5200869
There are genuine retards from ResetEra who get upset about emulation, including preservation, and are bootlickers of the worst kind.
>>
>>5203170
It's why people use the Retroarch frontend.
>>
>>5203170
Yeah, because they have autism. Who cares about 100% accuracy when emulation gives you hassle free overclocking, reduced load times and a super clean signal without any modding?

>input lag
You can get less input lag than on real hardware now. Face it, original hardware IS inferior to emulation. And unless you’re making some sort of retro gaming museum, caring about every minute quirk of original hardware is stupid.
>>
>>5203153
>>5203164
>>5203167

Thanks for proving my point, friends. Look how easy it is to trigger emulator poorfags. And my God, look at these "arguments". As expected of people who use emulation as a badge of honor.

Don't forget, /vr/, these are the people who falseflag pretending to hate emulation so they can feel entitled to hate on collectors.
>>
>>5203182
as someone who regularly does frame and pixel perfect shit
you're wrong
>>
>>5203184
What's that? It's the sound of S E E T H I N G
>>
>>5203186

Your /v/ is showing, fag.
>>
>>5203185
Oh thanks, Mr. Hardcore Gamer. Tell me more about gold medal you won at the Speed Running Olympics.
>>
>>5203191
We're having a marathon for gays, you should check it out. It'd really be up your alley.
>>
>>5203182

This is the average /vr/ poster in 2018. Let that sink in.
>>
>>5203185
What " frame and pixel perfect shit" specifically can't you do in an emulator with the retroarch frontend, which has zero input lag btw.
>>
>>5203190
You smell of easily offended /reddit/ snowflake but I ain't complaining.
>>
>>5203186
KEK. Who does he think he’s fooling?
I could practically feel his asspain radiating through my screen.
>>
>>5203198
>>5203202

cringe
>>
>>5203193
Nah, I’ll stick to being up your mom’s ally. Maybe when I’m done with her I’ll tell her to give you a little more allowance money.
You can finally buy that NES game you’ve been eyeing at the thrift shop!
>>
>>5203197
I emulate shit too, and I use retroarch.
It's not that you can't do it, it's easier to do consistently on real hardware. And it's not 100% perfect emulation. There are things you cannot do on emulator. Most of them involve glitches, but it's because there is no perfect emulation.
>>
>>5203203
I said you're easily offended :^)
>>
>>5203203
Ya seethe?
>>
>>5203205
I don't collect carts, I use flash carts because I actually play games.
Also I never once suggested emulation is bad or you shouldn't do it. Just that it's not perfect.
>>
>>5203206
NES and Super Nintendo emulation is cycle accurate at this point. What glitches can't you do in either Mesen or Higan?
>>
>>5203206
>Muh glitches
So again, speed running autism.
If this is the last leg hardware fags have to stand on, then they’ve already lost.
>>
>>5203215
>cycle accurate
https://docs.google.
com/spreadsheets/d/1ZwK0KEknOq_jQvh03ffABc0TQ3rg6xkNGBs-ZPOwGBQ/edit#gid=1613082181
>>
>>5203219
Is there a reason that list doesn't mention Higan? Seems pretty disingenuous not to.
>>
>>5203227
bsnes became higan
>>
>>5203214
Fair enough. I know it ain’t perfect, that’s why I have an N64 and flash cart. If N64 emulation were a bit better I probably wouldn’t have either, though. The crude anti-aliasing and slowdown bug me more than the negligible inaccuracies found in decent emulators.
>>
>>5203235
It's sad that snes natively supported rgb and n64 doesn't.
I prefer to emulate things around that generation and later because the hardware quality is actually limiting. I upscale the shit out of too.
>>
>>5203197
>, which has zero input lag btw.

Funny when people who don't understand input lag think any accurate emulation has zero input lag.
>>
>>5200830
Because of the smug retards who act like elite hackers because they managed to successfully set up psx emulation on their raspberry pi (despite it being something a child could do).
Though im not knocking it, its very convenient and comfy to have all my old games on a digital format bundled together, just like i do with steam.
>>
>>5203242
Git gud and you'll overcome lag.
>>
>>5203248
This is true, you can anticipate it.
I've seen people who play with it suddenly play on real hardware and they do everything early.
The best mario golf player I know completely fucking sucked when he ended up a real n64 instead of virtual console.
>>
>>5200830
They need to justify their investment.
>>
File: because its there.jpg (582 KB, 2848x2132)
582 KB
582 KB JPG
>>5203242
>any accurate emulation has zero input lag.
There's two kinds of lag:

>technically measurable autism-lag via things like Framemeister/emulator
>practical game-breaking lag that anyone can see with the human eye
>>
>>5203294
Just because you don't notice it doesn't mean it's not there.
>>
>>5203296
I said just that in my post.
>>
>>5203298
I notice it.
>>
maybe certain kids play old games to be cool, and you're not cool when you merely download software.
i don't think anyone who owned the consoles back in the day were sad when emulation appeared. it was amazing and for me it still is, especially saturn games which i own but would rather play on pc
>>
>>5203352
Placebo and autism.
>>
>>5200830
They want to feel like they didn't waste their money on crumbling old hardware and 150kb games from overpriced scalpers
>>
>>5203352
Without any sarcasm, I believe you. It's just that the people that can't either are jealous that they can't perceive it or they refuse to accept it and think we're making shit up.
>>
>>5203357
Not them, but you can't pull off what we can. Fact.
>>
Even if you don't notice it it could still be ruining your shit. You'll always be that extra fraction of a second late. "git gud" is all well and good, but it could be damaging the experience.
>>
>>5203502
Friendly reminder that the best way to avoid that problem-real hardware and software or not-use a real CRT TV. The new ones upscale the image and introduce some lag right there. Unless you're running a crappy emulator or using real hardware that's been at the bottom on the sea, you shouldn't have any problems.

However, all that can be ignored if everything is brand spanking new, which in that case, any "lag" may be ISP-based.
>>
>>5200830
Hoarders develop unhealthy attachments to the things they collect.
>>
>>5201658
Why would you ever possibly need this?
>>
>>5200830
Reminder that bleem! and our messiah, lord, and savior.

If it didn't win its court case emulation would have been a dead curiosity in history books by now.
>>
>>5203029
>Paying to emulate
>>
>>5200830
They're elitists who think that games are better forgotten by the masses and should only be available to douchebags who never play games anyway. Then there's the guys who own a business stake in it and don't want people getting games for free when they can overpay him for dingy stained games.
>>
>>5200830
Then there's the third type who hates emulation simply because it's "not real".
>>
why does everyone have to argue
i just like having cartridges :(
>>
>>5204786

Because poor people can't stand looking at things they can't have.
>>
>>5204792
People have a responsibility to stop looking at things they cannot afford.
>>
>>5203007
Not them, but why is it good that some people are selfish? If a company isn't making money off of it and won't (many are extinct and have no buyers) it hurts no one to emulate. If no one can buy it, why do you care if someone can play it for free? What the fuck is your problem?
>>
I agree emulation never 100% captures the real thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AbwV6YjqsU

It never looks as fast or fluid on VICE and the sound on a real SID is a bit softer-sounding.
>>
>>5203029
>>building a dedicated emu station runs you at least 500 bucks
>>building a functioning arcade cabinet will run you more than that for a decent one

>Ridiculous lie. Try 40 bucks. Maybe 250 if the controls have to be authentic.
>Hahahahhahahaa not a chance.
>>
>>5204949
>I agree emulation never 100% captures the real thing.
Get some better emu programs. OH sorry-"apps". I will back you up that even official emulation can be messed up, though, e.g., Ninja Gaiden for the NES on the Virtual Console. The frigging ending is glitched. The castle doesn't crumble and it clones itself. I called Nintendo, their answer? "You had fun, right? No refund."
>>
>>5204945
not that guy, but he's talking about how people who exclusively emulate seem to have a need to shit on collectors or anyone who uses real hardware. It's not about money, but about how they continually shit up quality collection/hardware threads with passive agressive bait posts because they seem to take personal offence at owning or purchasing anything. He's saying people who emulate can't afford to buy real hardware, and as such pathologically hate on hardware threads in an attempt to help justify their own behavior, kind of like how a child who can't get his mom to buy him candy at a store later angrily says, "I didn't want it anyway!".
>>
>>5204949
The only example I can think for this is LSD. Most people you will see emulating it will have flashing strobe light effects when it comes to the water. I think were was a fix for this iirc, but if you play it on a PSP or a PS1/2, it will look normal.
>>
>>5204949
Who really cares about pre-4th gen gaming though anyway? 80s stuff was primitive Lego block shit.
>>
>>5204971
Oh. Thanks for explaining, I see both sides, but I obviously had it a little turned around. Yeah, and that kid seems to want to break everyone's toys so that no one can play too, cutting both ways.
>>
File: it-will-happen-to-you.jpg (120 KB, 500x375)
120 KB
120 KB JPG
>>5204987
I feel so sorry for you. You're never going to play tons of quality games because you think they're primitive. Guess what? The new stuff today will be mocked in 10-15 years too. :D
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh7gRoYgUpc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ai9jtJHYow

Yeah it's not quite the same.
>>
>>5205028
How is the real thing better? Look how flickery the graphics are compared with emulation.
>>
>>5205029
That's cuased by contention between the CPU and video circuitry.
>>
>>5205032
Yeah so how is that an argument for real hardware over emulation?
>>
>>5205032
HAHA no.Not them, but that's entirely untrue. The "video circuitry" was akin to a controlled explosion; the reason for flicker is lack of memory. Most emulators have the option of turning that off and on.
>>
>>5204953
A raspberry piece of shit is a meme for retards like you. Enjoy your 1 FPS saturn emulation, I guess.
>>
>>5205043
>>>/420chan/
>>
File: 555-come-on-now-anon.png (133 KB, 500x522)
133 KB
133 KB PNG
>>5205057
I'm a retard, huh? So, my Wii that can fully handle everything from 1975-2000-ish and sometime beyond is stupid?

>>5205057
>Enjoy your 1 FPS saturn emulation, I guess.
Do you not understand that I have a powerful PC that can do Saturn? Do you also not understand that I own arcade games? Dude, emulators, hardware, it's all means to an end.
>>
>>5205060
I can only guess what you're trying to say, so why don't you just say it instead of acting like a nuclear faggot?
>>
>>5205008
Everything will be remastered and reremastered
>>
>>5205057
And not only are the new Raspberry Pis getting even better, today's arcades are turning to emulation because SHIT BREAKS TOO MUCH.

>Pole Position
>Dragon's Lair
Chances are, those games, no matter where you find them are powered by a PC, yes, even if you pay real quarters. It's because those games are horrendous to keep in working order.
>>
>>5205073
Here's a faggot review showing just that. https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/03/toki-remake-review-the-answer-to-a-question-nobody-asked-8201537/The game was vaporware, now it's not-thanks Mandela Effect!
>>
>>5205065
You paid a lot more than 40 bucks to emulate Saturn, bro. It costs more than 40 bucks to build a machine that can emulate everything up to and including PS2. Also, your Wii cannot emulate PS2. Also probably can't emulate Saturn or Dreamcast worth a shit.

>but you moved the goalposts! emulation is cheap!

>>5205074
The Raspberry Pi 3 B+ cannot emulate anything disc-based worth a damn barring Sega CD. PSX is acceptable, but not great. Wake me when a SBC can emulate everything up to Saturn/Dreamcast. I'll let PS2 slide.

>LattePanda!
Chink infiltration shit, nice.
>>
>>5205028

>>5204987
>>
>>5205080
>You paid a lot more than 40 bucks to emulate Saturn, bro.
Only if you believe that I really didn't get a new computer to video edit.

>>5205080
>It costs more than 40 bucks to build a machine that can emulate everything up to and including PS2
Ya got me on PS2, but my Wii can do nearly everything up until that.

>>5205080
>Also probably can't emulate Saturn or Dreamcast worth a shit.
No fucking shit.

>>5205080
>>but you moved the goalposts! emulation is cheap!
That's not moving a goalpost-I never had one set up, I merely refuted that you need hundreds of dollars. >>5205080
>The Raspberry Pi 3 B+ cannot emulate anything disc-based worth a damn barring Sega CD
Now that surprises me. Thanks for informing me, dude.
>>
>>5205085
How much did you pay for the rig you emulate Saturn on? That's how much you paid to emulate Saturn.
>>
>>5205085
If you didn't know the RPi isn't really good for emulation, you don't really follow emulation that well and just latch on to youtubers farming clicks talking about the mini nintendo consoles they shit out.
>>
>>5205092
That's a spurious argument since I never had games in mind (much less new games) when I got it. If you must know, then it cost 600 bucks to emulate SEGA Saturn.
>>
>>5205094
>If you didn't know the RPi isn't really good for emulation, you don't really follow emulation that well and just latch on to
Ay-I've been monitoring them for years. The Pi2s are pretty decent. I'm going to make a killing selling new products because of them.

Got an emulation question?
>>
>>5205094
Also, I emulated SEGA CD and 32x at full speed on a Pentium III 450mhz with 128 MB of RAM back in 2005 (1999 comp, that one).
>>
>>5205103
*with a 16MB video potato card.
>>
>>5205103
A phone can emulate that shit. If you want a true emulation box, you'll have to have more power.

>>5205098
How do you locate stupid parents buying shit for their retarded inbred offspring?
>>
>>5205112
>A phone can emulate that shit.
I have never, EVER seen a phone not glitch out or lack something polished. Give them a few years, though. >>5205112
>If you want a true emulation box, you'll have to have more power.
Yeah, a Wii or higher.

>>5205112
>How do you locate stupid parents buying shit for their retarded inbred offspring?
>retarded
Well, usually the kid's name is "Hunter" or "Dillion", or "Mason", you get the picture. If you don't know, the parents will tell you by repeating his name 100 million times.
>>
>>5205112
>If you want a true emulation box, you'll have to have more power.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fROq-ZxtvnU
>>
File: s-l300.jpg (11 KB, 240x300)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>5205117
So you admit that emulation isn't perfect unless you have the stats for it. A Wii doesn't have the strength for emulating what I require my emulation boxes to do.
>>
>>5200861
>the same people who make a huge deal about it are the ones who collect games and haven't played 80% of their collection

This, collectors are buying shit up but wont buy a ps2 with a hdd to actually play games or a ps1 with burned games, they tend to be anti emulators.
>>
>>5205120
Of course. I'm cool with it being technically a bit off now and then and when I want to get serious, I use my PC, usually. Wii emu is getting goooood, man.

Man, I loved watching Perry Mason with my grandfather back in the '80s. :| https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFl--6IjzMU
>>
>>5205124
Not even close to his best role:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmKqH96fz70
>>
>>5205136
Wrong link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGBeeDo-06s
>>
>>5205136
My, man. :D I love how they reedited the movie for him on the American version. I prefer that one.
>>
>>5205138
Reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvGg2aHdhJI

(Ray gave a great speech, btwm thanks again)
>>
>>5205082
>quit liking what I don't like
>>
>>5205143
i'm serious, dude. nobody cares about home computer shit except maybe some Euros who jerk off to Spectrum shovelware.
>>
>>5204945
>i want I want I WANT!
What the fuck it my problem? lol. I have 99 problems but a little bitch crying about not getting free games ain't one of them. On the contrary, it's entertainment gold. It's hilarious to see snowflakes sperg out when they find something they want that mommys credit card can't give them. Epic ROFLMAO to watch them use their keen power of entitled reasoning to justify their poorfaggotry and greed. You don't think I'm here for stimulating intellectual discussion with high IQ adults, do you?
>>
>>5205416
You have to be 18 to post here, kid.

Imagine getting angry that someone is playing a game.
>>
>>5204945

No. No one owes you anything, you subhuman piece of shit. In a perfect world people like you would be purged forever.
>>
>>5205441
>No. No one owes you anything, you subhuman piece of shit. In a perfect world people like you would be purged forever.
WTF are you talking about? Whoever said anything about anyone owing me anything? If someone wants to provide me with a download, it's not a problem unless it's a new game. You're talking to a guy who's bought a ton of games-more games than you'll ever see or play. In a perfect world, you'd be committed.
>>
I can't wait for your take on this:

>be me
>buy rare game
>it's undumped
>I dump it because there's less than 1000

I'm a war criminal, right?
>>
>>5205446

No hoarder of rare or unfinished games owes anything to the world. Provided they didn't steal it to begin with, they don't have to ever release it to the public. Zoomers and poor faggots get buttblasted because for once, something isn't a google search away for free. And most of the time these people wouldn't even care for said games, but once they heard its rare and that they're not allowed to play it, it makes them want it even more.
>>
File: oh that is delightful.jpg (32 KB, 800x450)
32 KB
32 KB JPG
>>5205451
>No hoarder of rare or unfinished games owes anything to the world
LOL!!!!!! And you have the nerve to project that "I WANT I WANT I WANT" shit on me? Dude, fuck you.

>>5205451
>Zoomers and poor faggots get buttblasted because for once, something isn't a google search away for free
Thanks for confirmation that you are a collector whose interest is petty elitism. Neat. I wonder what kind of player you are

.>>5205451
>And most of the time these people wouldn't even care for said games, but once they heard its rare and that they're not allowed to play it, it makes them want it even more.
That is true, though.

I'm going to download Neo Turf Masters and think of you.
>>
>>5205453

>commie
>le star wars face

You're a walking stereotype. Off yourself.
>>
File: better than pc.jpg (891 KB, 2848x2132)
891 KB
891 KB JPG
>>5205457
It's great that people like you exist, it makes my emulating sessions sweeter. I suppose you're angry that I let people play my arcade games for free too, eh? Better call Nintendo on me. SEGA too.
>>
>>5205460

Why would I be angry? I don't care for corporations either. And I emulate from time to time. The thing is that peasants and subhumans such as yourself don't get to decide what will become freely available, you're at the mercy of much greater men. Whining like a toddler won't get you what you want.
>>
>>5205451
>No hoarder of rare or unfinished games owes anything to the world.

You're funny saying others are greedy when you're the admitted hoarder who doesn't want to share. It's all about you, we get it. We understand that it's all coming back to elitism. You're thrilled that you have stuff that others would like, and you love not playing them too. Sit them on that glorious game shelf. It makes up for other losses in life! ;)
>>
Player, Collector, Hoarder here.

I don't care what other people do - or if they emulate.

if that even helps to drop the price - more power to them! (of course it does not though...)
>>
File: 721536.jpg (37 KB, 640x480)
37 KB
37 KB JPG
>three days later the same meme spouting, turbo tard hoarder is STILL sperging out about how he hates poor people and emulation
>>
>>5205431
>wahhhhh
>project
>repeat
>think they're buying it?
No one is buying it

>>5205446
When you cry about people not giving you something for free that means you feel it's owed to you

>>5205449
Turbolarping isn't a warcrime

>>5205482
>three days later i'm still poor and buttblasted
kek
>>
>>5200830
Emulation itself doesn't make anyone angry, obviously.. What makes people angry, understandably, are emulation elitists.
>>
>>5205672
I appreciate you falseflagging in order to make hoarders seem like mentally unhinged manchildren, but there's really no need. Everyone already thinks of them as that.
>>
>>5205675
>What makes people angry, understandably, are emulation elitists.
What the heck is an "emulation elitist"?
>>
>>5204962
>will back you up that even official emulation can be messed up, though, e.g., Ninja Gaiden for the NES on the Virtual Console. The frigging ending is glitched. The castle doesn't crumble and it clones itself.
Could you post a youtube link where that happened and when or are you just making that up on the spot? I don't have Ninja Gaiden on VC so I can't check myself but if there's any truth to this then that must be incredibly sad because people have been able to emulate games like that properly for over a decade.
>>
>>5205731
Fags who recommend using BSNES core on Retroarch over ZSNES.
>>
>>5205739
Isn't that just a quality / speed trade-off though?
>>
>>5201314
I'm agree with this guy. Just put all emulation related topics in a /emu/thread or create a /emu/ board
>>
>>5203087
You can emulate up to PSX. That’s pretty good to me anon. You can also just buy a cheap used i5 pc for like 30 bucks at goodwill to emulate up to GC/PS2. That’s what I have upstairs hooked up in my media room
>>
>>5203087
>If you want to emulate, you'll have to spend some money.
Speaking of, should I buy an nvidia shield if I care about Dreamcast or Saturn emulation?
t. poorfag with a toaster laptop
>>
File: 1440920993561.gif (613 KB, 245x245)
613 KB
613 KB GIF
Imagine if people took this attitude to books. Fucking degenerates.
Good thing I make a habit of scanning every rare book I come across and when game collectors die their games will get dumped.
>>
>>5205830
Exactly. Remember that hoarder faggot that died of cancer a few months ago? The second he kicked the bucket his stash was raided. The gofundme for his medical bills was also a failure.
>>
>>5205731
>What the heck is an "emulation elitist"?
People who pretend that others are stupid for using hardware instead.
>>
Humans get mad at emulation because it's not "real" but get into relationships with women for reasons other than sex and money.
>>
>>5205913
Pretend?
>>
>>5205672
Such a child-like response. I believe you are literally a child. Your parents suck letting you come here.
>>
Thread OST:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reTx5sqvVJ4
>>
>>5205731
Now I think someone is mad because they stink at getting emulators working correctly and optimally. The Wii plays a lot of PS1 games, not that you'd know that from these pricks. "Wahhhh my Wii won't play any PS1 games!!! Emulation SUCKS!"

You know it's true.
>>
>>5205773
No.
>>
>>5205736
>Could you post a youtube link where that happened and when or are you just making that up on the spot? I
It's completely real. All anyone needs to do is beat Ninja Gaiden on the VC to see it, not the hardest thing to do, but I may have to put up a video if no one else has. I need to make a Youtube page again, though.
>>
>>5205736
>if there's any truth to this then that must be incredibly sad because people have been able to emulate games like that properly for over a decade.

Most NES emulators cannot handle NG's ending. Nestopia can do it, but not the rest from what I've seen. Nintendo's wrapped emulator injection with NG isn't horrible, but it cannot properly do the ending.
>>
Also because most people can't beat Ninja Gaiden on the NES, they'll never know that the emulation is faulty. Nintendo told me to tell "Tecmo" as well, but I never bothered. I told the big N this maybe 5 years ago, frens.

thatlook.jgp
>>
>i want everything for free
>if you oppose that you're wrong

This is the thread. Zoomers and niggers will do any sort of mental gymnastics to convince themselves they aren't wrong on demanding things that aren't theirs for free.
>>
>>5205980
>This is the thread
No, simpleton. Btw, by your "rules" you should never read a book that you don't own. Close all libraries! They're a bunch of glorified meatspace pirate servers, right?

Jackass.
>>
>>5200830
it's mostly purists & collectors who shit themselves over emulation.

if you just wanna play the games it's fine.
>>
>>5205996

That's not how it works. Comparing an active medium with a passive like a book or a movie doesn't work most of the time. You'd be fine watching a video of a rare or unfinished game, but you wouldn't be able to play it without stealing it or making an illegal copy of it, unless the owner would willingly setup sessions where people could go and play the game. And why would he do that? To get robbed?

And that's rich, talking about books. As if any of you read anything. Communist propaganda, maybe.
>>
>>5205996
Wow. Anon wasn't joking. You poorfags will go through amazing contortions to convince yourselves you aren't just entitled spoiled brats.
>>
>>5203174
>Retroarch
Stop shilling this crap please.
>>
>>5206027
You're just jealous that others are better at getting emulators and ROM working correctly. Or you're feeling bad that no one gives a shit about your physical collection as much as they used to. It was all centered on making money off the games while providing entertainment-son when the companies are gone and no one is making money, downloading the games is A-OK.

Reminder: My Nintendo Wii=Atari2600 every system in between up to and including PS1*.
*yeah, not all games work.
>>
>>5206054

This is the average emulator user.
>>
File: wholesome.jpg (2.68 MB, 3000x2881)
2.68 MB
2.68 MB JPG
>>5206083
Oh, the world could only hope.
>>
Imagine being so hollow inside that you need to protect the honor of bits of cardboard, plastic, and metal with the zeal of a protective father.
>>
File: max wii points.jpg (1.17 MB, 2848x2132)
1.17 MB
1.17 MB JPG
>>5206083
And I buy the games when the companies sell them. And I even wait to play certain games I've downloaded until after I've also purchased the legitimate digital copy. Sometimes I never even play that copy because my emu is better, but I did it because in that case it was the moral choice to make. However, in most cases, especially with arcade games from the '70s, 80s, and '90s, no one is even attempting to make a buck or even knows of its existence anymore; so no, we won't let history fade away or have less fun because you falsely believe that the majority of these games will ever see a legitimate release ever again.
>>
>>5206108

>if i'm not a commie then it means I'm a cartoon-like stereotypical hoarder

You keep strawmanning in order to have an angle to attack from, but it's time to stop.
>>
>>5206126
Fine, you don't hoard. So what am I doing that runs afoul of your values, good sir?
>>
>>5206125

Again, you seem to be missing the point. If I have a game that isn't for free on the internet, I'm not supposed to release it to the public, no matter how hard you whine. This has little to do with emulation.
>>
>>5205917
Yes, that's what I wrote. Are you confused about what "pretend" means?
>>
>>5206132
>If I have a game that isn't for free on the internet, I'm not supposed to release it to the public,
Legally that depends on the game in question and you know it. Some are totally fine to burn on a CD and give to people on the street.

>>5206132
>. If I have a game that isn't for free on the internet, I'm not supposed to release it to the public, no matter how hard you whine.
Unless it's Toki for the Atari 7800 or something cool like that, I have no idea what you're talking about. Is someone hounding you for a ROM?

I do get the principle, but it's impure, so why fully respect it? Who is inured when a sale was never going to happen in the first place?
>>
>>5206142
*injured.

You are being unclear regarding your real beef. What's your stake? Stop calling people like me "peasants", get your head out of your ass and just tell me what is bothering you.
>>
>>5206142

Because you're not entitled to it. I don't care if it isn't hurting a company, it's my game, I'll do what I want with it. This is hypothetical, I don't have unreleased shit, and I emulate stuff as well.
>>
>>5206153
>Because you're not entitled to it.
Whoever said I was entitled to it? My position is that the people willing to provide ROMs deserve protection-unless they are making money from them and or also allowing the downloading of current games for sale in stores and online. Hey, if you don't want to dump a game for the world, then don't; and you're right I'm not entitled to it.

>>5206153
>I don't care if it isn't hurting a company, it's my game, I'll do what I want with it.
Correct, who could have a problem with that, I say. Just don't shit on those who are more charitable.

>>5206153
>and I emulate stuff as well.
You mean you were just trolling me?! shockedface.jpg 10/10
>>
>>5206162

My only issue is with people demanding shit, that's it. You don't get to demand shit, you're at the mercy of people who have these games. If they want to release them, that's alright, consider yourselves lucky. I wouldn't because fuck this accursed earth, however if someone bought said game from me, I couldn't care less if it gets released.
>>
>>5206168
>My only issue is with people demanding shit, that's it.
Fine! Geez, why didn't you just say so? Yeah, fuck demanding mfers. I hear you.

>>5206168
>You don't get to demand shit, you're at the mercy of people who have these games
Heh, you make it sound like some post-apocalyptic wasteland and you're Lord Humongous Muahahaha..".we'll withhold their ROMs and let them live, for I am merciful. Muahyahahhahaa!"

>>5206168
>If they want to release them, that's alright, consider yourselves lucky. I wouldn't because fuck this accursed earth, however if someone bought said game from me, I couldn't care less if it gets released.
Have you considered joining the French Foreign Legion? You need to get out more.
>>
>>5206168
>You don't get to demand shit
GIMMIE YOUR GAMES
>>
>>5206182

Nah man, you're clearly the one who's out of place on 4chan.
>>
>>5206192
So you lost the argument and now you're just resorting to childish attacks, huh? You don't know me and don't pretend to know how long I've been here, if anything you're new.
>>
>>5206197

You speak like a deviantart or Reddit user, and you have been quoting me three times each time, it's very clear that you came to 4chan in 2018. And what argument? You misunderstood me from the beginning and I needed to slowly walk you through the train of thought. I bet you think you are a "great debater" in real life too.
>>
>>5206212
>You speak like a deviantart or Reddit user, a
That has no meaning.

>>5206212
>and you have been quoting me three times each time, it's very clear that you came to 4chan in 2018.
Why do you care how I post, also, wrong again, been here too long, new guy.

>>5206212
>You misunderstood me from the beginning
You weren't clear, people like you always think they're smarter. There's a term for it. You've been constantly moving the goalposts while accusing others of it. You are the worst. Take care, self-assured dude.
>>
>>5200830
Because there's faggots who defend buying rare cartridges for hundreds of bucks
No company has any reason to not release their entire library online
>Muh licenses
Fuck that shit, it was paid for back then

Why would I pay 700$ for Snatcher or 300$ for Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast on Xbox?

Emulation is king
>>
File: i have da powah.gif (2.98 MB, 600x295)
2.98 MB
2.98 MB GIF
ITT Pat the Nes Punk (good name) is trolling emulationists.
>>
>>5206228
>Because there's faggots who defend buying rare cartridges for hundreds of bucks
>No company has any reason to not release their entire library online
>>Muh licenses
>Fuck that shit, it was paid for back then
>Why would I pay 700$ for Snatcher or 300$ for Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast on Xbox?
>Emulation is king
Based and redpilled
>>
>>5206231
>Pat the NES Cuck
FTFY, he's a moron
>>
>>5206240
Are suggesting that paying $30,000 for an NES game is not the wisest thing to do?
>>
I like how this thread started off level-headed and devolved into exactly what OP wanted.
>>
>>5206243
What fucking game is 30K$?
>>
>>5205813
Not really, because Nvidia caved to Nintendo and hasn't upgraded the specs. I don't think Dreamcast/Saturn is too good.
>>
>>5206247
I heard from a reliable source that ought to know that he paid that much for a version of Stadium Events. He went on James Rolfe's AVGN show with it, but I don't care to watch it.
>>
Because they're assblasted that their $150 'rare' games can be played for free by plebs willing to sacrifice accuracy.
>>
>>5206338
>willing to sacrifice accuracy.
That's not even an issue anymore for those who know what they're doing.
>>
File: emutriggered.jpg (8 KB, 180x180)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>5206338
My game collection takes up far less space.
>>
>>5206273
*Actually I think it was an NES Championships cart. Still massively overpriced.
>>
>>5206365
emulation isn't perfect
but it's good enough for most people
>>
>>5206365
Yes it is. I can't wait until it isn't, but there are lots of situations where emulation fails. N64 is a large area of that discussion.
>>
>>5206552
DOSBox has a ton of deficiencies. There's a lot of stuff it emulates improperly or not at all.
>>
>>5206552
That's the thing though. People always point out notably difficult systems to emulate, but then use it like it's a point against emulation in general.
>>
>>5206565
every system has it's flaws in emulation
just because it does't matter to you doesn't mean it doesn't bother me
>>
>>5206552
Apparently Nintendo themselves can't even emulate the thing accurately and that's with access to all the tech documents and schematics.
>>
>>5206569
Care to post examples? I know emulators will fail hardware test roms, but in situations that are never used in retail games.
>>
>>5206583
scroll up
>>
File: Capture.png (67 KB, 764x739)
67 KB
67 KB PNG
>>5206583
>I know emulators will fail hardware test roms

Horse shit.
>>
>>5206593
I mean roms specifically made to test emulators.
>>
>>5206615
You mean the rom that byuu made that only passes in his own emulator?
>>
>>5206559
>DOSBox has a ton of deficiencies. There's a lot of stuff it emulates improperly or not at all.
Those being...?
>>
I might have brain problems because I legitimately like this art style over the original.
>>
>>5206552
OK, but saying that accuracy is in the shitter over just a few problem platforms doesn't spoil the bunch. Yeah, N64 emulation is not that great, but it has improved steadily. I never thought I'd be able to run Rogue Squadron at full speed with Project64, yet here I am.
>>
>>5206749
>it has improved steadily
lol?
>>
>>5206625
Not them, but for one example game-wise it emulates Rebel Assault I too fast which makes some missions literally impossible, or near impossible. I don't even try to play the probe droid level anymore. At least the SEGA CD version mercifully cut that out.
Oh well, there's codes to skip stages so it doesn't ruin it.
>>
>>5206761
Yeah. Playing Shadows of the Empire on the Wii less than just two years ago was impossible, and like I mentioned, Rogue Squadron runs at full speed now on PC. The latter game used to command a beast of a computer/video card just to run well or at all and now mid-range PCs should be able to do it, so I'd say that's progress.
>>
>>5206565
>^this
>>
>>5200885
>lots of them celebrating the fact that one guy's games collection burned down, that's pathological
I am sorry but did you forgot which site you are browsing? It's just regular shitposting.
>>
>>5206625
Trucks. Rather obscure french spiritual precursor to Ex Machina. I am not saying that "Lol some obscure frogistan game doesnt run how will dosbox ever recover" but there are problems with using it for games.
>>
>>5200830
just buy everything so you don't have to argue with anyone:
>Sonic 2 Cart for Sega Genesis
>Sonic 2 Cart for Mega Drive
>Sonic 2 on Everdrive
>Sonic 2 on PSN/XBL
>Sonic 2 on Steam
>Sonic 2 rom on pc emulator
>Sonic 2 Homebrew
>Sonic 2 on Flashback Sega Console
just get every single possible variation
>>
File: 1535172676297.jpg (82 KB, 780x1024)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>5206389

I've been waiting so long for someone to post this. Thank God someone finally did it. It's funny every single time. I love the SD card meme, makes me laugh EVERY FUCKING TIME.
>>
>>5207559
I can't tell if that's sarcasm or an honest reaction.
>>
>>5206054
wew lad. Try not to hurt yourself patting yourself on the back for downloading and installing retroarch sempai. Not that I care but people jizz themselves when they see my collection. And there's that poorfag justification again. When you have to persistently justify your actions to strangers on the internet it's a clear sign you have issues.
>>
Day 4 of the hoarder's spergout with no end in sight.
>>
>>5203083
funny kitty
>>
>>5200830
Plastic and circuits, GOOD!
Plastic anc circuits pretending to be other plastic and circuits, BAD!
>>
>>5209621
I don't lie...
and I don't make pranks to people
>>
>>5209435
>Try not to hurt yourself patting yourself on the back for downloading and installing retroarch sempai [sic]

Actually, I installed that last. I got 3 pages of emulators.

>>5209435
>And there's that poorfag justification again.
I have my own personal arcade, dude. Yeah, those things from the '70s-80s;etc.
>>
>>5209975
>my own personal arcade
You shouldn't LAP about things from before you were born
>>
>>5210359
>You shouldn't LAP about things from before you were born
I'm in my 40s, kiddo.
>>
>>5203482
>>5203296
>>5203294
It's more perceptable than you might think. You may not "notice" the lag, but if I put a crazy fast 1 frame latency LCD in front of you right now and change nothing else, you'd probably wonder why everything is "different" maybe even easier. And then after a while when I give you your 50ms TV back you'll realise that even if you can't "see" the lag, it makes things feel slippery and more difficult than they need to be.
>>
>>5210932
>but if I put a crazy fast 1 frame latency LCD in front of you right now and change nothing else, you'd probably wonder why everything is "different" maybe even easier. And then after a while when I give you your 50ms TV back you'll realise that even if you can't "see" the lag, it makes things feel slippery and more difficult than they need to be.
That's a bit hard to accept, but I'm sure you're right. Oddly enough, we gamers sure get stuck in our ways.
>>
>>5210897
Sure you are, kiddo. Amazing how to go from being a butthurt rom hoarding wiibaby to a "gramps" when you think it would make you look credible.
>>
>>5212126
>Sure you are, kiddo
^this is a bot

>>5212126
>. Amazing how to go from being a butthurt rom hoarding wiibaby to a "gramps" when you think it would make you look credible.
I emulate and collect, fagbot.
>>
>>5205840
If he had sold his games, maybe he would have lived.
>>
>>5212143
>i project and larp, and am a faggot
FTFYK
>>
>>5213380
Extreme, unadulterated jealousy, the post^
>>
>>5213472
>i'm fooling anyone
>not fooling anyone
>>
>>5213472
>>5214845
Please, can you two stop acting like whining, ill-tempered manchildren? This is /vr/, so start acting like good, well behaved manchildren, not a couple of streamers from Games Done Quick.
>>
File: emulationaddict.png (234 KB, 1690x1486)
234 KB
234 KB PNG
emulation is a disease and should be taxed and regulated.
>>
>>5214884
You expect him to stop shitposting just because he's not using a trip?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.