[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

This man makes millions of dollars just by saying "weee heeuu!"
>>
>https://youtu.be/32Hp1LW08Yc
>>
File: images.jpg (13 KB, 259x194)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>5200459
OOUUUFFF!
>>
>>5200459
>This man makes millions of dollars
>millions
last time i read up about it he only got around $250k per game.
>>
>>5200581
There are 17 mainline mario games with his voice acting (not including all the spinoff media)

That means he has made at least four million two hundred fifty thousand dollars
>>
I don't know about millions of dollars but he's making a good chunk as a VA that's for sure. You can argue about the worth of his technical skills and how it easily could have been anyone else, but the voice of Mario is very iconic as has a very universal appeal, that Nintendo nailed.
He's the voice of Mario and Mario is worth a lot of money so it makes sense.
>>
>>5200459
And it’s beautiful.
>>
Better than meme youtubers getting millions of dollars for paid for reviews, screaming while playing fornite or fake vlogging. Zuckerberg getting paid zillions for making a glorified yahoo group. As overpaid people go he's small fish in the grand scheme of things.
>>
so? if you earned the clout to ask for that much you are pretty much entitled to it
>>
>>5200459
>>5200581
He has 141 video game voice acting credits, to say nothing of his commercial and film/television work. He doesn't just go wee heu and get a million dollars, he got his millions by landing hundreds of paying gigs like almost any other rich actor has.
>>
>>5200648
>Better than meme youtubers getting millions of dollars for paid for reviews

pretty much this, at least his bing bing wahoos play a part in the CREATION of games
>>
>>5200459
That’s a lot of gold coins!
>>
>>5200607
He was initially hired to play Mario at corporate events, trade shows and to operate the equipment to make the 3D Mario head move that Nintendo made to show off their progress in the world of 3D. They'd implement a similar thing in Mario 64. Charles has a history with corporate acting for companies' promotional material. His improv was great, it was what they were looking for, so they hired him on the spot, and he made his way into the games. The rest is history.
>>
>>5200890
>>5200607

That sucks because i hate his high pitched voice.
>>
>>5200890
aye, so he worked his way up. He did 25 years of theatre, corporate videos, even tv and film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc1dIqTFgWRA

It's not like he just showed up for an audition one day, said "wahoo!".... "you're hired!".
>>
>>5200459

His tombstone should say "Bing Wing Wahoo!"
>>
File: wizard.jpg (52 KB, 680x438)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>5200459
I heard he's also a wizard.
Hell he might be even an arch wizard at this point.
>>
>>5200904
Lou Albano is Mario to me.
>>
>>5200712
This.
>>
>>5200916
Well let's see: Highly successful in what he does, highly charismatic, a "fun" personality, great with kids, knew nothing about videogames until they were his job, shitty with computers (have you seen his website), charismatic, ambitious, industrious, good looking (at least in his youth, where he would have got experience), currently very wealthy, socially proof and alpha male.... dude this guy's been fucking 10/10 bitches left, right and centre since a few years after he was born.
>>
He's definitely talented, but he also definitely got extremely lucky landing the mario gig. That's life. I think he deserves his riches though, he practically made mario the character he is today, so nintendo owes a lot to him. Better question is, does this guy truly feel fulfilled doing the same shit year after year now?
>>
>>5200603
>>5200712
> This man makes millions of dollars
> makes now equals made
fucking hell. you're both illiterate fucking retards that are trying so hard to back peddle after being caught out talking FUCKING BULLSHIT.

makes and made are two different words, you illiterate fucking retards. he's may have MADE a few million doing the games but he does not MAKE anywhere near that per game. did any of you fucking ameritards pass yr 2 english classes?

> MAKES MILLIONS
fuck right off out of here, retards.
>>
>>5200459
I peed next to this man once.
>>
He's a good voice actor outside of Mario Wario in particular is my favorite
>>
>>5201223
>"Woo hoo, that's what I needed..."
>>
He might not be Mel Blanc but he does to a good job on the Mario characters. Most people enjoy his silly voice and he does a good job at giving each of the characters different voices and personality. On camera he seems cheerful and happy being the center of attention where people just love watching him do his thing.
>>5201232
Luigi is my favorite. Just love the worriedness he gives off when doing him.
>>
>>5200581
>only
>>
Wow, 20+ different posters and not one mention of how he attends dozens of different gaming/nerd conventions per year, selling autographs and merch?

I mean, I dropped a pair of $50 bills for the two things I wanted from him last month. Judging by the lines and amount of people going through his table, he was easily grossing some 1,000-2,000 USD per HOUR. Of course part of it goes to the convention center and merch, but still. I'd be absolutely shocked if he's profiting less than $200/hr when he's at a busy con.
>>
>>5200459
He has the legit voice acting chops to back it up, check out his roles in Shadow of Destiny or Ratchet & Clank Future.

I won't blame him for riding that Mario gig though, you're basically set for life with that.
>>
I cannot hate a man who did this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxwiQWL1WPE
>>
>>5202709
What has been seen cannot be unseen.
>>
What happens once he dies?
>>
>>5202709
>Perfect Selection Dracula bonus track
>>
>>5202861
They'll probably just play recorded clips of him saying wahoo etc. instead, maybe have a robot/doll sized replica of him by then. It'll be a lot cheaper too.
>>
>>5202861
>>5202898
It's sometimes a thing to have an understudy for popular characters. I recommend checking out I Know That Voice sometime, a documentary on voice actors. There is a part where they address Mel Blanc's passing and replacements for the various characters he voiced and how those people were chosen.

Example: most people here can give a pretty believable "D'oh I meesed" like Wario if they've tried a few times. Problem is, most folks will struggle to sound like him while talking casually, like what's heard in WarioWare: Gold, for example. A true successor to carry on Wario's voice would have to be able to hold an convincing impromptu conversation in his voice.
>>
File: 1487360980332.jpg (24 KB, 470x437)
24 KB
24 KB JPG
>>5200468
is this one of those cursed videos?
>>
>>5200581
That's a fucking lot if he's getting paid for spinoffs too. Nintendo releases Mario games regularly enough to where you could make a comfortable living on that and then some.
>>
>>5200459
>This overpaid son of a bitch is voicing AAA games, and basically, youre gonna preorder them. How? Click here to add it to your Steam cart
>>
>>5200459
He gives his voice to many Nintendo characters and he is actually charismatic unlike the majority of American voice actors for video games.
>>
>>5200916
>>5200992
get better gaydar

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.