[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vr/ - Retro Games

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Only game Im happy is on the PS1 Classic this trilogy of games need more attention and love
>>
I loved this game. I never got far in the second one but I remember liking that one too.
>>
All the games in the series are worth a play in my opinion.
Did the developer ever make any other games?
>>
>>5198278

very fun games. Pretty easy tho. I remember beating SP 1 and SP2 without any difficulties as a kid, and i was terrible at games.
>>
>>5198293
Bubsy 3D lmao.

Their only game prior to SF. Talk about underachievement.

Other than that there's SF Omega Strain on the PS2, which is absolute shite, and Dark Mirror and Logan's Shadow which are good, but frankly not as good as the classic trilogy.

And that's it.
>>
>>5198278
I dont get why it was always compared to MGS (murrican mgs, etc).

It has completely different gameplay, tone and story. Elite agents doing shit isnt unique to mgs.
>>
>>5198278
I hope you're not implying you'll buy one of those disgusting nostalgia baits for a single game. If that's the case, just buy a mod chip ffs.
>>
>>5198278
MY GOD... SYPHON FILTER!
>>
>>5198278
Tried playing this recently but gave up about halfway through, sick of the full second of input lag. I like the gameplay but it's sluggish as fuck.
>>
>>5198478

yes, this is one of that problem you really don't mind as a child but that now make the game almost unbearable. The same happens with several PS1 era games for me.
>>
>>5198337
I wouldn't call them easy. Each of the games in the main trilogy has some absolutely ball busting missions and parts.
>>5198427
Because both are >stealth games. Except they didn't.
>>
>>5198478
>>5198509
have you tried overclocking the cpu speed in emu?
>>
>>5198278
>trilogy
Um...
>>
>>5199854
Yeah, doesn't work. It's not a slowdown issue, it's something built in.

>>5198509
It's a shame, there's some dumb stuff, the instafail stealth missions are lame, but it's really close to being a god tier shooter. The "danger" meter thing is awesome, a good way to mix dodging mechanics with hitscan weapons.
>>
>>5198289
You missed out on just using a taser in the jail level in SF2. Unlocks a few cheats that one.
>>
I remember dropping this game at the catacombs level because I kept getting lost also the enemies using the AP gun.
>>
never gets old
>>
>>5198278
Syphon Filter 2 is kino
>>
>>5198434
Yes, it's quite remarkable
>>
The critics are right, they vould have chosen better games
>>
>>5198289
In 2019 they're going to release Days Gone.
Before that they were doing uncharted spin off in PSP and like 5 years without making games.
>>
>>5202789
Means to quote >>5198293
>>
Anton Girdeux, I hope Rhoemer's paying you enough to die for him!
>>
Convince me that it is not just a generic boring shooter please.
>>
>>5203526
The level design is pretty great, they went out of their way to make each map/mission very different from one another, atmosphere is dark and comfy, controls will feel a bit sluggish by modern standards
>>
>>5203526
Ah one of those generic AAA PS1 action games with high quality story

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.