[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Whitoid smirk.jpg (55 KB, 645x773)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
Should I spend $300+ on a Nintendo switch just to play Pokémon sword when I only make $1200 a month?
>>
>>39715428
>spending on Pokemon swoshit
>under any circumstances
>>
Just watch playthroughs when it comes out, it worked for me when lgpe came out and i saw what a snore fest it was. Then I looked up all the riding animations and deemed it not worth the money, People will call you poor but forget them as they've probably never suffered hard financial times
>>
Its not worth it, especially if you’re broke
I own a switch but im not getting it because it looks like a bad game.
>>
>>39715428
Everybody pirates on here, so no.
>>
Why not just get the Lite? Same deal as the Switch but likely more suited to your budget.
>>
>>39715471
I don’t get it, I watched he gameplay and it looks beautiful. What makes it look like a bad game?
I finished Pokémon moon though and I hated it.
>>
>>39715483
Cuz I wanna play Pokémon on my bitchin' TV and because I don’t want to look like a poorfag
>>
>>39715485
>I finished Pokémon moon though and I hated it.
then i suggest you hold onto your money
if you are really that curious, buy the switch and hack it to play it pirated
>>
>>39715428
If you really want to play it, try to save 120$ each month starting now.
You'll have enough when the game comes out.
Sales might even come during this time, you might get it at a lower price.
>>
>>39715428
>buying a console for a single game
THE FUCKS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE
>>
>>39715490
Good news is it's still about 3 months out from release, if you can stretch to 100 a month and bullshit $60 from somewhere, you can do that either. You were the one brought up a limit remember.
>>
>>39715507
I’d also buy smash and Mario kart, eventually
>>
File: 1559799034708.jpg (327 KB, 889x1191)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
>>39715485
For me it's honestly just a huge let down. I bought the switch 2 years ago anticipating this mainline + stadium masterpiece that would tie all the 3D games together with connectivity. However it seems I have to wait, AND even then I know I won't be satisfied because the animations still won't be as great as they were on all other home console games.
>>
>>39715428
>he browses 4channel and STILL doesn't own a Switch
you're a fucking normie, get the fuck off here and never return you little faggot.
>>
>>39715524
I get paid next Monday and I could buy it immediately
>>
>>39715501
Don't think there'll be any till Black Friday anon. Everyone'll likely hold off till then before discounting the Switch, especially when they'll be charging full-price on Lites as they'll be brand new.
>>
>>39715490
Look like a poorfag in whose eyes, anon? You can spend the money if you want and you'll probably enjoy the game for about a week until you beat it and realize it has zero replay value unless you pay for online + Home subscription to bring what little mons you can from previous games
>>
>>39715428
Do you smoke weed?
>>
>>39715428
why would you pay money for that shit game, you fucking degenerate slut
>>
You should do what you want but if you really want to, get a Nintendo switch lite. Won't be able to stream through, but it's cheaper.
>>
>>39715428
Just for Pokemon? No that's retarded. If you're a nintendbaby then maybe, but all the assumed heavy hitters aren't even out yet. Just ports and stuff like mario and smash
>>
>>39715428
Just pirate it.
>>
>>39715485
are you retarded? do you experience delusions like this regularly? just look at this shit game. they added very little content, and removed over half of the pokemon just because they don't know how to fucking code.
>>
Well, there are a number of other games and features the Switch has such as having a bunch of really fun Nintendo exclusive games, as well as portability for a lot of titles such as Celeste and Hollow Knight. (Unless they are on the Vita, eh?)

I also think you can find a Switch bundle a lot cheaper than 300$, especially since people are going to be looking for some extra cash and would be willing to sell their Switch in order to get something else.

So, if money is a problem with you, I would honestly just wait it out until the "improved 3rd version" is released, and just stick with Showdown for anything competitive leaning and stick with old games and rom hacks to fill in anything missing.
>>
>>39715524
>you’re a normie for not owning one of the most normie consoles ever made
>>
>>39715710
>added very little content
The fuck does this even mean? Add content to what? It’s an entire new game
>removed over half the Pokémon
Source?
>>
>>39715490
>and because I don’t want to look like a poorfag
In that case you basically need to buy everything you see lest someone think you can't afford it.

To someone you look poor and can't afford anything worthwhile and to someone you look rich, wasting money on shit that could feed them for 3 months. Don't think about that.

I would, however, suggest holding off if you were to change your mind and got for a Lite. Let us early adopters beta test it for you for at least 6 months first to try and ascertain whether or not they've fixed shit like the stick drifting.
>>
>>39715699
A PC powerful enough to emulate the game is gonna run him more than a Switch.
>>
>>39715428
Just emulate it lmao
>>
>>39715485
It's exactly the same as Sun and Mun shit, tho.
>>
>>39715490
You can't look like a poorfag if no one is watching you.
>>
>>39715753
4chen is normie.
>>
>>39715428
Galaxy Brain: Buy used Switch of earlier release with unpatchable exploit
>>
>>39715811
His comment is a great illustration of the hatewagon. Goes beyond the known reality of the problems and seems to take what little we know as all there is in the games.

It wouldn't be as bad if it weren't for the irony of him trying to call out the other anon as retarded and delusional when he himself is missing the forest for the trees.
>>
>>39715428
> when I only make $1200 a month?
That's more than most people in my country (including me) earn every 3 months. Go ahead, use that money however you want.
>>
>>39715428
You should not ask the internet for economic tips.
>>
>>39715485
SwoShi will be just like SuMo, mark my words.
>>
>>39715428
>1200$ a month
Jesus, where do you work?
>>
>>39715428
Imagine being so stupid that you even ask such a question
>>
I make like 1400 a month and I just got a switch. desu I would recommend it If you can afford it without like missing meals or doing anything extreme to save money
>>
>>39715490
>Don't want to look like a poorfag
>Makes $1200 a month
Got some bad news for you
>>
>>39715428
Dude just get the mini it's 100 cheaper
>>
>>39715428
Look into working some overtime or taking on a secondary temp job, if possible. Then save up for a used-ass Switch, because it's probably not worth getting a new one at full price just to play one (possibly shitty) game.
>>39715490
>I don't want to look like a poorfag.
Audibly chuckled at this. I'd be more worried about buying a whole-ass, full-priced Switch just to play one fucking Pokemon game than I'd be about any perceived poverty. If you're trying to beguile normies into thinking you make more than you truly earn, then you're going to need to own an Xbox One and/or PS4 (if you don't already).
>>
>>39715428
>$1200 a month
kek I make about the same in autismbucks and haven't worked a day in my entire life
it's time to end it all wagie
>>
>>39715428
Wanna be my sugar daddy?
>>
>>39715428
I'd buy a switch just for the other games and not Sword Shield if you can afford it. I'd say put like 50 bucks a month away and save up
>>
Get Yuzu and play the game a week early when the rom inevitably breaks the street date.

You need money to eat.
>>
>>39715428
Video games shouldn't even be in your universe right now. 1200 a month is quite literally a shoestring budget. Focus on your finances to a point where you're living better than you are now and then worry about unnecessary expenses like entertainment. Every spare dollar should be saved.
>>
>>39715428
If you still live with your parents don't support the culling

If you live on your own don't support the culling
>>
>>39715507
I bought an xbox just for Halo
>>
>>39715428
What kind of job do you have if you only get $1200 a month? I work at a fucking gas station and I earn more than that.
>>
>>39715428
Here’s a question: I want to buy a switch, but I can’t justify the purchase without enough games. Which exclusives/indies do you switchfags recommend?
>>
>>39715428
Put aside ~100 a month until then, so it won’t seem like such a huge investment.
>>
>>39718888
Fire Emblem looks like shit, but is great everywhere else. I’m hooked on it. There are the obvious ones like Breath of the Wild, Smash, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart. If you like Dynasty Warriors, I’d suggest Hyrule Warriors. Those are the basic games to get started and have a good few hours of gameplay.
>>
>>39715428
No, and not just because of your financial situation.
>>
>>39718927
Is 3H all right for SRPG scrubs like me?
>>
>>39718943
Yes. The game is already easy, and it gets easier since you can make your units god-mode by taking care of them well.
>>
>>39715428
Dont buy it. Im not.
>>
>>39718943
I’ve never played a Fire Emblem game before, and I found it easy enough. For the first run, I’d suggest using the mode without permadeath. It’s a simple strategy game, and there’s a lot of variety with class roles and such.
>>
>>39715428
Set aside $100 each month and by launch you'll have enough to buy one and it won't be a complete blow to your wallet.
>>
>>39715428
Do you already have a computer that runs yuzu? If not, it’s honestly worth it for the rest of the library, but not for Swish alone
>>
>>39718888
Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, and Smash Ultimate are the essentials you should pick up. I'd recommend Fire Emblem, Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8, and maybe Xenoblade 2 if you're into that kind of game.
>>
>>39715428
>>39715490
>"i need to buy, buy, buy, buy, consume and then buy some more"
>"why? because if i don't people will see me as a POORFAG"
>doesn't realise wasting money in relarded shit is what makes him poor in the first place
This is your brain in america. No wonder you fucks hace so many billionaires, you as a population are the most exploitable sheeps I've ever seen
>>
>>39719430
Any hidden gems?
>>
>>39715428
YES! Consume even if it means wasting 1/4 of your salary on meaningless shit!
>>
>>39715490
If all you want is the one game get the mini
They have the special edition one if you want to have some zesty flair for some reason
>>
>>39719577
celeste, hollow knight, stardew valley, donkey kong
>>
>>39715428
If you’re deciding whether or not to buy things based only on your income, the answer will always be “no”.
Are you paying your bills? Debts? Do you have money set aside for a 6 month emergency fund in case you lose employment? Do you have money for investments/insurance? Do you have savings on top of that?

This applies to all of you. There’s a growing disparity between the upper and middle class. Politics aside, take care of yourselves.
>>
>>39715507
I bought my switch for a single game
But it wasn’t Pokémon
>>
>>39719647
Exactly. The only time you should invest in something like a console is when you can do so with little repercussions. Take care of yourself and your bills before luxury items.
>>
>>39719647
>There’s a growing disparity between the upper and middle class
And that's because most middle and low class don't do what you're saying. Most people don't know shit and don't even care about saving, investing, having an emergency fund or personal finance in general. The high class keeps compounding their money while the middle / low class keeps wasting money on useless shit. Then that same people wonders why there are elits or, even worse, they think the elites are somehow rigging the game

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.