[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1562380256262.jpg (413 KB, 1116x612)
413 KB
413 KB JPG
-Shills: Make a valid criticism about Sword and Shield.
-Dexitfags: Make a valid compliment about Sword and Shield.
>>
Compliment: The new waifus look good.
>>
>>39366046

Ok. I like the city designs. Buildings, architecture, atmosphere, all great.
>>
>>39366046
Okay as a dexfag I think the trainer designs are neat. The new Pokemon are cool too.
>>
idiot names like rolycoly need to happen more often. talonflame, however, is taking it too far, to know where that line is.
>>
>>39366046
Compliment: The new pokemon look nice
>>
>>39366046
None of the new Pokemon designs are good
I could get better from a fakemon game
GF spent about as much time on Sword and Shield as I do on my essay research the night before it's due
>>
>>39366046
Dynamaxing looks like you'll actually need some brain cells to make it work
>>
Dexfag here.

I like that you can find other players' avatars to interact with in the wild areas.
>>
Compliment: Female character designs are still pretty good.
This is quite literally the only positive I can think of.
>>
File: 1562898117270.png (368 KB, 993x348)
368 KB
368 KB PNG
>>39366046
Compliment: Some of my favorite mon's are in.
>>
>>39366046
Corviknight looks great
Some MOVE animations look amazing, but that doesn't excuse them to not animate the Pokemon properly.
The new characters, especially girls look cute
Town and cities look decent for a switch game.
There. That's as far as I'll go to compliment them.
>>
Compliment: I really like the idea of strong, uncatchable wild pokemons
>>
>>39366046
I'll go with both.

Criticism:
>The high-quality animations they've promised so far seem to quite lacking. I'd enjoy it if they gave Pokemon different attacking animations to give more emphasis on the battling. This too would excuse the dex cuts being made.

Compliment:
>As it stands right now, Sword and Shield appear to be the most graphically complex yet appealing Pokemon game out there. I have the hope that they keep improving the quality of the games through polishing when the games get around being released.
>>
>>39366046
Ok
There's solid mon designs like sobble, grookey, corviknight, dreadnaw, and alcremie
Girls are pretty high quality
I like the palette and pokemon lighting
... That's it
>>
File: 1557689862750.png (253 KB, 390x395)
253 KB
253 KB PNG
Compliment: I don't have to buy it thanks to CFW
>>
>>39366046
Criticism: Some of the move animations are soulless. But for this and many other issues, I'm going to wait and see the final product until I judge it..There is no point judging too hard yet as they are still improving things (from first to second trailer, they improved some graphics at least)

Compliment: Co-Op raids seems fun, world locations look very interesting, possibly more well balanced competitive formats because of the culling.
>>
>>39366046
>Compliment
Some of the new pokemon look cool
Also Alcremie appeals to my fetish
>>
Compliment: there was a mine with crystals and it was shiny
>>
>>39366046
Compliment : I have always dreamt of a Champion cup format where the cup winner battles the current champion. I like the new Pokémon and character designs. Also I have a feeling that the story will be good. Battle frontier is virtually confirmed. Dyna and Gigantamaxing is mildly interesting but it doesn't affect me much cuz I'm not a competitive player.

Complaint : Feraligatr,Garchomp and Hawlucha probably won't be in the game so I'm a bit sad. Can understand why other fans are so angry about the culling.
>>
compliment: pokemon walking around made me pretty excited, especially in a more naturally shaped environment than the perfectly rectangular hallways of LGPE. might be fun to fuck around in the wild area with them.
>>
I'm neither so I'll do both:

I like the core idea of dynamaxing: making your Pokémon stronger for 3 turns while also changing the moves. I just really don't like that they had to do it with making Pokémon bigger, that's just really dumb. They could have achieved the same by making Pokémon just go in a overpowered state represented visually with the aura.

I also like the idea of raids and I would be okay with the raid mons being big. But I wish that instead of trapping them in a huge ball, the "dynamax curse" would be lifted when they are defeated and became regular mons. I would also have preferred a combo system for trainers instead of just "dynamax to win". Like if every trainer would use the same move type, every successive hit would get stronger or every support ability would be stronger and last for longer. This is much better that having people decide who's gonna dynamax.

If the textures were better and the maps had more detail in them (god they really need to learn how to make appealing maps) then graphically the game wouldn't look bad imo.
>>
Is good to see the pokemon roaming around in the overworld, it makes the game feel more alive.
It hurts to say something good about something I hate so much.
>>
>>39366046
The graphics are shit.
>>
>>39366046
Good thread OP.

Compliment: I like the designs of Corviknight and Drednaw. I also like the concept of the Wild Area.
>>
File: 1561943728216.jpg (15 KB, 453x398)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>Only one shill reply
>>
I'm going to use the same point and see both the positive take and negative take. Removal of pokémon

Criticism:
>Having the national dex gone is not good as the people who enjoy playing the game for collecting every pokémon in each gen is essentially getting shafted by GF laziness. Even if pokémon didn't revolve around the collecting aspect the competitive players who have been playing each gen for all the years basically have to start fresh unless A) The next mainline game feature all the pokémon that was missing in SWSH or B) GF patches in the rest of pokémon later. And to have all your pokémon be dead space for a whole gen is really shit

Compliment:
>With the franchise having over 900 of the pokémon to collect can be intimidating for new players. So, by having less pokémon it appeals to a new market. The same market who was introduce by pokémon through Go than to Let's Go and with SWSH (presumably having all the Pokémon from LGPE) will slip into what a mainline pokémon game and thus they become fans of mainline games. This is great as in order for a business to strive you have to keep getting in new fans. Old fans is also fantastic to have but you can't rely on them forever. Also, a lot of pokémon fans don't play competitively or is in to collecting aspect of the series. These fans like the games but once they finish with that game they'll wait until the next game comes out and most of these people don't even transfer their old pokémon and just play with the new pokémon. So by having a greater focus on the new pokémon will keep these fans happy
>>
>>39366046
>Dexitfags: Make a valid compliment about Sword and Shield.
The setting is interesting. Still not worth the cut
>>
>>39366453
i’ll make you feel better about it- it would have been better to experience it with a partner mon. completely missed, very possible opportunity.
>>
>>39366046
the girls are hot
>>
>>39366046
Compliment: it might be better than SM.
Whooptie fucking doo
>>
>>39366046
The designs of the new mons don't look like shit, too easy OP.
>>
>>39366076
(Which is a gen 7 feature)
>>
the colours and art design are alot better than the last few games and doesnt look bland and generic
>>
>>39366046
Compliment:

I really like the new character designs and the look of the Galar Region, especially the towns and cities. (Though I'm a bit iffy with the Wild Areas)

Also I like the gym challenge being presented as a big sporting event with trainers being sponsored by companies and businesses.
>>
Compliment: The female MC design is among the best in the series, and the male isn't too bad either.
>>
File: 1432724756686s.jpg (7 KB, 250x241)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
I'm not going to criticize it when there's nothing wrong
Don't be an entitled baby
>>
>>39366046
Compliment: Thank you Sword and Shield for making me save my money and use it to purchase something else.
>>
>>39366046
>nothing but compliments from dexfags and a few centrist faggots
Can shills really not bring themselves to criticize this game?
>>
>>39366046
>Compliment
The new way gyms are handled according to the leak seems fun
>>
>>39366046
Dexitfag here: I actually think the game looks good graphically.
ppl act like Dexitfags have literally nothing good to say about the game despite 99% of them being excited before they announced it.
>>
>>39366046
The ghost Shota is cute and I like some of the new mons.
>>
>>39368782
>Frogposter
>Thinks SWS look perfectly fine
It makes a lot of sense that someone like you is still frogposting in 2019.
>>
meme
>>
File: 1559744161551.jpg (76 KB, 566x800)
76 KB
76 KB JPG
>>39366053
Came to post this
>>
>>39366087
>stallfag
I hate that those top tier designs are the most annoying pokemon to fight in the meta
>>
>>39366046
My money, my choice.
>>
>>39366046
character designs seem pretty good
>>
>>39366046
Shills here : The music is ehh, and I don't want them to fuck the lore.
>>
I like some of the new Pokémon.
>>
>>39366046
I swear I really can't bring myself to find a compliment that I really believe in. I guess the visuals are better than gen 7... That doesn't mean they're on par with what people should expect from a swtich game though. If that's not enough, I'd say the dyna/gigantamax thing could be a nice, more balanced substitute for megas/Z moves, although I don't see why it couldn't incorporate them (and remove the "BIG" part while we're at it) instead of substituting them. Like pokemon that already have megas get in their mega form when they go gigantamax.
Why is every aspect of these games mediocre at best?
>>
I like the games but I just know I'll be noticing all those small details that probably could have been easily corrected like Charizard's attack in the newest trailer. I can get over them but it doesn't mean that I won't be noticing them all the time.
>>
>>39366046
I like most of the designs
>>
>>39366046
Compliment: I really love that there are powerful, fully evolved pokemon that serve as threats. It's a surprisingly good element that actually adds difficulty, especially if you run into a pokemon too fast to run away from. It could make for very interesting nuzlocks.
>>
>>39366046
Shill here.
Valid criticism: I don't care about trees or clouds, but Jaws clipping through the floor and Pokémon appearing or dissapearing during a fucking BATTLE is pretty fucking bad.
>>
>>39366053
/thread
>>
>>39366046
I like the coal pokemon
Too bad everything about the game from the atmosphere to the actual main and post game seems barren.
>>
full shill right here, the animations of the chinese bootleg look orgasmic
>>
I like the game, I didn't see anything so far that I dont like

I still not buying it beocuse of "that" reason
>>
>>39366046
Dexfag: Pokémon and trainer look good. But this is every generation, so who cares, I still want my old Pokémon
>>
Compliment: The cities look fantastic.
>>
>>39366046
Criticism: I genuinely think the art style/graphics look alright but I'm not getting paid, how do I become a shill
>>
>>39366046
Criticism:
The new mons look uninspired, I don't particularily dislike any of them.
They just look like the might as well have been fillermons from past gens.
The only ones that stand out are Corviknight and Duraludon.
>>
>>39366046
Criticism and compliments: the building looks great but for some reason they don’t know how to make natural environments they don’t know how to make grass, a tree or a rock without looking like a N64 but somehow the gym/stadium and others structures looks great and at the standard for the console
>>
File: 1556993668122.png (724 KB, 1285x778)
724 KB
724 KB PNG
>>39368863
>Diglett used Hidden Power Fire!
>Ferrothorn fainted!
>Diglett used Mud Slap!
>Toxapex fainted!
wow so hard

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.