[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: D9krMzCUYAAE6z_.jpg (204 KB, 2048x1536)
204 KB
204 KB JPG
What can make people optimistic about gen 8 again?
>>
>>39353166
Masuda doing seppuku.
>>
>>39353166
Actually promising to fix it with massive patch via a free update
>>
>>39353166
Masuda committing sudoku and delay of the games.
>>
>>39353166
Why did you shave that Pikachu OP?
>>
>>39353166
Nothing short of starting over from scratch will make gen 8 good.
>>
>>39353166
Patch or lots of content. Their might be some optimism when they show off regional evolutions or the next Eevee though. I know a lot of people wanted to see old Pokemon evolve again.
>>
just delete /vp/, this board is so addicted to anger and pessimism that literally nothing will make them happy
>>
File: hjdxD7q[1].jpg (86 KB, 1280x720)
86 KB
86 KB JPG
>>39353166
Them announcing the game will be delayed and instead released with a competent dev team working on it.
>>
>>39353219
Boi you wrong. The old games and promising fangames make /vp/ happy. Also waifus. Masters will be very happy game.
>>
>>39353166
Someone killing every gamefreak employee on a livestream. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>39353166
>every "new" mechanic is rehashed
>cool old mons and ideas that GF hyped up over several games got booted
>graphics and animations worse than Wii game; make even fucking Pokemon Stadium look like LA Noire
>most expensive main entry to date
>mobile games and knockoffs look BETTER

tl;dr New stuff bad; old stuff good unironically.

No point in putting value in the new stuff anyway if it's going to be gone soon.
>>
>>39353166
Restored National Pokedex and a Gigantamax ban
>>
>>39353244
All of those things can be contained to a single /vg/ thread. /vp/ has no reason to exist anymore.
>>
File: 1551352447436.jpg (87 KB, 930x720)
87 KB
87 KB JPG
Game Freak is too far gone. If they don't change their design philosophy than the games will never be truly great again.
>>
Nothing. Manchildren are being pessimistic about pure speculation as of now and has been for awhile now
>>
>>39353305
shut the fuck up shill
>>
Use Pokémon Home as a Stadium-type program to allow battling for all Pokémon.

Downside being any pokes not in SwSh won't have new moves, but you can copy TMs over to Home to allow for use on these ones.

this way if they want to limit the number of pokes in any generation at least you have Home in which they cn be used for battling/trading, even EV training, breeding, etc.

Pokémon Home is a hub world, so at least give us that much and I'll be happy. That way when Gen 9 comes round and has a limited pokedex again at least those that are allowed in will be ready to go.

Also, allow Mega evos and Z-moves in Home as well as Dynamaxing. If it's going to be the battle centre for the world at least allow everything introduced into battles be usable. You can have rulesets too to allow or disallow pokemon, z-moves, megas, etc too.

Hell, go all-in and use it as a location for official online tournaments.

Fuck it, just make Pokémon Home "Stadium 3".
>>
>>39353335
>muh shill!
Why can't pokemon fans just be excited for a pokemon game?
>>
>>39353381
because if you're excited for this then you have low standards and willingly support further decline in quality of the games
>>
>>39353387
Not at all. The only game I've played since b2w2 was SM. You outrage trannies just need help
>>
>>39353166
More waifus.
>>
File: 1562626439609.jpg (133 KB, 1920x1080)
133 KB
133 KB JPG
Missing Pokemon being added via future patches but gamefreak will do that.
>>
>>39353166
maybe if they showed off that the game has way more content than any other pokemon game to make up for the clear lack of quality and cut things.

right now they're not making it look like that at all though.
>>
>>39353285
>All of /vp/ can be contained to a single /vg/ thread
Are you retarded?
>>
>>39353397
Don't you want a better game? You could get a nice game with $60. Maybe a few games if there's a sale on.
>>
>>39353417
Considering 98% of it is bitching and whining and nobody actually wants to talk about the mainline games anymore, yes it can.
>>
>>39353420
>Don't you want a better game? You could get a nice game with $60. Maybe a few games if there's a sale on.
I dont even know what's in the games. Especially on the things that matter.
>>
File: 1562787603516.png (384 KB, 499x745)
384 KB
384 KB PNG
>>39353166
Actual quality improvements. No one would be mad about Dexit if the quality of the games was actually improved as a result.
>>
>>39353166
honestly? just promise to patch in all the pokemon by the time home comes out. 99% of complainers will be placated.
>>
>>39353433
Yeah but we know a few things that won't be in it that make it shit and make it seem like all future Pokemon games are going to be shit.
>>
>>39353441
>Yeah but we know a few things that won't be in it that make it shit
That's entirely untrue.
>make it seem like all future Pokemon games are going to be shit
Not true at all. If you're talking about the removal of pokemon, it really doesnt matter at all
>>
>>39353456
If it didn't matter at all, we wouldn't be having this thread...
>>
>>39353351
Basically this. Restoring the cut Pokémon in free updates and giving mainline Pokémon game development to someone who isn't apathetic are also very nice to have, but would love and prefer to have a Stadium 3 with all Pokémon, all battle styles, raising, breeding, mini-games, and maybe even a consistent contest mechanic that doesn't change move attributes and effects every generation, and/or even make Home the next Pokéwalker alongside GO.
>>
>>39353166
>All pokemon will be patched
>Pokemon home is like a upgraded pelago
>Megas returning
>Main story is 60+ hours
>Post game is 20+ hours
>Difficulty settings
>Free DLC packs
>>
>>39353456
>That's entirely untrue.
Yeah okay obvious troll. Try harder next time lol
>>
>>39353461
Pokemon still has more individual monster/enemy designs than any other franchise. Period. There is absolutely no reason to put them all in a single game.
>>
>>39353166
Gamefreak literally lies like a triple AAA vampire now and can't be trusted.
>>
>>39353166
Nothing. Better hope Gen 9 looks good.
>>
>>39353397
SM was full of cut corners and bad design choices. Hence, the decline.
>>
>>39353558
>Better hope Gen 6 looks good.
>Better hope Gen 7 looks good.
>Better hope Gen 8 looks good.
>Better hope Gen 9 looks good.
>>
>>39353166
People not being retarded
>>
>>39353166
Actually making the games good. As if it was made by one of the biggest game companies in the world.
>>
>>39353166
Besides starting over from scratch, then nothing sadly. These games look like a total shit-show.
>>
>>39353588
SM was okay overall. It's just hated because it's new. Their designs were good when they weren't waifuing the mons
>>
>>39353166

1. Masuda admits they were wrong
2. Promises to fix game
3. Delay to November 2020
>>
>>39353166
Let a company with billions of dollars backing it that has over 2 decades of experience have a chance to create a new ga-oh wait
>>
>>39353219
>It's the fans fault that it's bad.
So you're just going to ignore all the genuine criticisms? The excuse that people are just pessimistic and have their expectations too high is total media BS/diversion tactics. Same thing Disney do with the new Star Wars and what HBO did with Game of Thrones.

You can't criticise anything nowadays because you shouldn't expect quality right? What a cuck.
>>
Bring back all the pokemon, brings back megas and bring back Z-moves. I don't care much for generic Z-moves, but I absolutely want the unique ones, so why not bring back the generic ones along with them.
>>
>>39353166
>game are actually challenging
>substantial post game
>reveal more designs that aren't garbage

i will now buy your game
>>
>>39353629
SM weren't that great, but at least they had the excuse of being handheld games. The funny thing is sword and shield actually make SM seem much better than they are now. That's the level this franchise has sunk to.
>>
>>39353351
It's between this and a patch for me.
>>
>>39353166
Confirm patches. If they just say "hey there's only some in now but we'll add the rest later" it will soften a lot of the blow of the title. or have dlc to add additional content into the game like more new pokémon to collect or a new area to visit to add more content in general

Yes, the graphics, story, characters, writing, etc. can improve but considering they're meant to be role playing games for younger demographics. I think you need to keep the story, characters and writing targeted towards children for them to stay engaged

>Graphics
is something RPGs aren't really known for and considering only recently did we get games like persona 5, dragon quest xi, etc. which are really great looking rpgs. Considering how conservative GF is. Unless they see a dramatic drop in profits (spoilers: they won't) or the entire staff change, that's not going to happen. No matter how many people scream at them they're not going to do anything to improve. People have to show them tough love (i.e. talking with their wallets) in order for them to get their act together

>Not appealing to long time fans
While yes, they should have cared for long time fans most. In order for a company to stay afloat they need new fans. They can't keep pandering to the old ones because eventually they'll grow out of it. Which is why they're doing stuff like not having a national dex in the game is because they want it to be more appealing to new people instead of them being intimidated with over 900 pokémon they feel the need to catch. This has happen way before swsh considering the games (especially the 3ds games) are way more simple for newcomers

So for things they actually should improve is making the games have more difficulty options, post-game content and other things that most rpgs have done for ages (i.e. have sidequests, post-game content, story choices, etc.)
>>
>>39353351
THIS EXACTLY.

I could take or leave having my favorite pokemon to play through a main game's storyline, personally. It's not ideal, but I could live without that just fine. Battling with your ideal team of six, though, is what pokemon is all about. It's the "end goal" of getting through the mainline games at all. Letting you use home to keep doing that, against NPC's and other players, would be perfectly fine.
>>
File: dragonair turning.webm (539 KB, 1280x720)
539 KB
539 KB WEBM
>>39353166
>Mega forms return as Gigantamax (if not the full mechanic, we at least got the form change and I'd be fine with that)
>IVs gone
>Modifiable natures
>Quest for minor legendaries and mythicals
>Battle Frontier
>Battle animations on par with Battle Revolution
>Following/rideable Pokémon (not with that unnatural turning tails (non-)animation though, most noticeably Mewtwo/Charizard/Arbok... in LGPE, WebM related)
>Take advantage of all the buttons available on BOTH joycons for menu navigation
This will never happen, but I can dream.
>>
>>39353219
How does that corporate cock taste deep down your throat? Does swallowing warm nut make your belly feel full?
>>
>>39354067
*we would at least get
sorry guys I'm retarded
>>
>>39353166
Masuda seppuku, Nintendo acquiring the complete rights to Pokemon via ultimate legal jew sorcery and handing it to a developer who is competent.
>>
File: 1552789139591.jpg (165 KB, 1242x1332)
165 KB
165 KB JPG
>>39353166
The game not looking like shit, and having obvious improvements over all of the past greats combined, like being better than Emerald, Platinum, and BW/2 combined.
We all fucking know that isn't a possibility however, maybe this game being absolute shit is Masuda trying his best to make his statement during ORAS 'kids are too busy on their phones to play actual games' a thing by purposely making the mainline game shit while the mobile version somehow manages to be appetizing.
And well, it worked. I don't know where they intend to go after being known as the company that managed to fuck up something as easy as Pokemon, but this is where they want to be.
>>
>>39353166
Literally nothing short of a patch promising all Pokemon will be allowed in the game. This announcement has absolutely mangled and destroyed any hype for the game, every discussion about it is quickly derailed. They really fucked up lol.
>>
>>39353166
game freak cancelling it and giving the franchise to atlus or falcom.
>>
>>39353428
>not knowing /vp/ is a containment board
>not realizing that even with /vp / existing, Pokémon threads still get spammed to /v/ daily
>not knowing /v/ would become /vp/ and /smash/
>>
>patching in the missing pokemon after release
>post launch support, new content and maybe even an "ultra" expansion instead of re-releasing the game.

But knowing GF, they will never do this.
>>
>>39353787
>RPGs haven't had good graphics until recently! They were never known for it!
Could you be any more of a fucking ignorant zoomer? Go back and look at games like Chrono Trigger, Dragon Quest VIII, Skies of Arcadia, Chrono Cross, Golden Sun, the Breath of Fire series and all of the PS1 Final Fantasy games, ESPECIALLY IX. All of these games were touted for their graphics and were often cited as redefining what was possible on their respective hardware. When the PS1 launched in 1995, nobody fucking DREAMED that there would ever be a game as pretty-looking as FFIX on the system.

>>39353827
This would mean I would just get Home and still not buy SWSH.
>>
>>39354120
You should know, being an avid marketer for a Chinese bootleg developer.
>>
>>39353166
GF ignoring all the #nationaldex idiots
>>
>>39353191
>>39353216
But this is gamefreak we're talking about. Gamefreak doesn't do patches, they instead make minor changes and rerelease the games as a third version (or a double rerelease with USUM) to get even more money to spend on not copying over old Pokemon.
>>
>>39353787
>is something RPGs aren't really known for
bullshit.
>>
>>39354242
The Tales games usually have very nice graphics, too. As well as Legend/Secret of Mana, if we're counting action RPGs.
>>
>>39353293
>Thu
Sooo horrible that you joke with the Cristian faith in that way
>>
>>39353629
>SM was okay
>garbage level design is okay
>no exploration is okay
>shitty forcefed story is okay
>gimped online is okay
No.
>>
>>39353436
This is actual bullshit.
What is Pokémon without all the Pokémon?
Nothing, just another forgettable JRPG.
>>
>>39353166
Some advice

-Don't be emphatic or empathetic about product or how product is received and DEFINITELY don't tie it into your ability to enjoy a product
-Internet backlash isn't telling of a product's success.
-The success or failure of a product isn't indicative of your ability to enjoy a product
-Don't put any stock in a community of a product as a determinant of your behavior or personal outlook.
-People not liking the product because of choices the product make are valid, whether or not you value those choices. You need not to impose your values on them out of some need to "fix" people. They aren't or shouldn't do that to you.
-Companies are not sad lillies who need protecting. Masuda is a big man with a big man salary, social media isn't going to ruin his day. That said and done, yes, there are people who need to shut the fuck up about tweetbombing him about Dexit/Nationaldexgate/whatever the hashtag is now but it'll peter out eventually.
>>
>>39353219
why force positivity around this shit show? For what purpose? Fucking cunt.
>>
>>39353166
>great battle frontier
>delay the game to fix visuals
>bugs in anus
>>
>>39354579
Don’t forget all the blocked off/unfinished areas, the sloppy way they handled Zygarde, and trials are only a thing because they were rushing the games out.
>>
>>39353686
But people did bitch about GOT wtf are you talking about?

You have to know WHERE to expect quality. If i want great animations and story i go to Dragon Quest, SMT or Persona games. If i want a chill game where i can freely choose team members with what is available i'll play Pokémon.

I just don't understand why people are expecting so much fron an incompetent lazy studio like GameFreak? It's like asking for a vegan meal at a Grill restaurant.
>>
>>39353219
You lack resilience and break too easily over nothing. Come back when you're better equipped to deal with conflict because clearly your parents failed you.
>>
>>39354613
nobody said force positivity, /vp/ just has no reason to exist if literally no one actually enjoys being here anymore
>>
Oh, some characters didn’t change their dialogue after major events, like Hapu’s grandmother and the Aether employees.
>>
Apparently, a good chunk of the people not buying this would buy it if they coded in every pokemon.
>easy to do
>would make them look good on social media because they "listen"
>>
>>39353166
Making home a free service
>>
>>39353293
This image reminds me of that one with Incineroar on the cross
>>
>>39353166
Masuda and Ohmori killing themselves
>>
File: 1543644364611.png (196 KB, 326x329)
196 KB
196 KB PNG
>>39353787
>Graphics
>is something RPGs aren't really known for
>>
>>39353166
an actually good/finished game, for starters
>>
File: Youmu bea.png (138 KB, 401x735)
138 KB
138 KB PNG
more waifus hahaha
>>
>>39353191
This.
Also telling TPC to fuck off with the new gen every 3 years cycle.
>>
>>39353600
>Gen 6 and Gen 7 were bad
>>
Imagine directing all your hate towards one individual when it probably wasn't even his decision.
>>
>>39354579
>>shitty forcefed story is okay
Welcome to the JRPG genre.
>>
>>39357574
yet theyre were and felt monotonous to replay
>>
Kick out the entire Gamefreak staff with the only exception of character designers
Never let Masuda touch pokemon again
Restart SwSh development with a competent team
>>
>>39353260

Mega Evolutions were never good and was simply a gimmick. Pokemon like Mawile may never get a proper evolution it would drastically need.

Pokemon hasn't had a change to its core Gameplay since Gen 4.

Gen 1: Introduction
Gen 2: Held Items
Gen 3: Abilities
Gen 4: Physical/Special Split

Gen 5-8: Nothing that was permanent, unless you want to stretch with "Hidden Abilities" of Gen 5, but I'd just mark that under "Abilities". Mega Evolutions, Z-Moves and now Dynamaxing will be one off gimmicks that'll never matter down the line and therefore shouldn't have even been bothered with.
>>
>>39353191
This, but instead they'll just announce the new Eeveelution and Sirefetch'd and be done with it.
>>
>>39353166
Sorry after I realized that the Pokemon weren't in scale to one another in battle in SWSH, and that them being to scale was actually a Let's Go """feature""", I don't think I can be optimistic about the series ever again. This game is made by cunts.
>>
Mobile killed the series.
>>
>>39353166

"People" already are, judging by GameStop pre-orders and Famitsu's Most Wanted List for Japan.

If by "people" you mean "/vp/ shitposters," then nothing.
>>
>>39357861
>/vp/ shitposters
>people
>>
>>39353219
Delete your life
>>
>>39353191
>patch
>free
I think you mean.........
SWORD 2 AND SHIELD 2
>>
>>39353166
National dex, megas, new regional forms, amazing post game, more shotas
>>
File: 1560381344078.jpg (276 KB, 740x642)
276 KB
276 KB JPG
>>39353166
probably a third version that combines all the features of SwSh, brings back national dex, actually animate the fucking things they are paid to animate, maybe bring back old features that people have been wanting for years like following pokemon. Basically just do what the largest media franchise in the world should have done from the start for their home console debut title
>>
>>39353293
Lillie didn't die for this shit
>>
File: 1466343499358.png (85 KB, 275x206)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>39353305
On the contrary, the people that have confirmed they're buying SwSh anyway are the biggest manchildren of all.
>>
NOTHING!
THE CULLING IS LITERALLY WORSE THAN MASUDA FUCKING MY WIFE AND HER BOYFRIEND IN A 3 WAY.
>>
>>39353166
Revealing that it was all a jape and that they actually did a put a lot of work into new animations and balance and that everything up to now was placeholder.
>>
>>39353219
You're addicted to the taste of GameFreak's cock, you would gladly eat the garbage they push down your throat without criticizing it or questioning it. The games cost 60 (SIXTY) (SESENTA) bucks now, it's not unreasonable to hold them to a little bit of a higher standard, fucking bitch. If you don't want us to be angry and pessimistic then Pokemon should pump out a fucking good game for once. You're just a complacent little bitch, you would be happy if all the Pokemon just T-posed like Wingull does.
>>
>>39353219
And yet shills are out in full force today with multiple "you'll buy it anyway"/"fuck you, I like it"/etc. threads
>>
>>39353166
Reversal of the policy change in any way shape or form.
>>
>>39353166
Bringing the National Dex back in wont fix the problem, but it might make people a little more lenient, again. After that, just apologize or the quality and promise that gen 9 will be better and actually put in effort, I guess. And if gen 9 is shit, they'll probably lose the fanbase for good.
>>
>>39353166
Good designs. That’s all people care about after Dexit had been confirmed
>>
>>39353166
Home actually being a decent service
>>
>>39353166
That you'll be able to use the all of the old Pokémon eventually. I wouldn't really care if they added them by batches.
>>
>>39353166
They announce a delay of 1-2 years

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.