[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

I've been hoping the Pokemon universe would be culled. Let's be honest -- no one really gives a autistically-smeared shit about junk like Escavalier, Dunsparce, or Cryogonal.

What's super fucking lazy is that Gamefreak doesn't have a good justification for Jokemon being disappeared. They could easily craft a compelling narrative story following some cataclysmic event that wiped out many species of Pokemon in the game world. It would make for an interesting story, would provide better justification for their disappearance than just "we're tired", would make more sense from a historical perspective, and would create a sense of intrigue around the possibility of discovering small pockets of species that survived the thinning event.

Gamefreak really fucking goofed this one. I remember when they actually tried to push the envelope and put a ton of care into their games, trying to squeeze every ounce of power out of the Gameboy cartridges. It's been all down hill since Gen 2, but this marks the end of Pokemon for me. At least until a competent company takes it over, if that's ever a possibility. I bet Monolith Soft would do a great job. Hell, they're not even that much bigger than GF.
>>
>>38929667
why do people keep fucking thinking that this is a purge where they only keep "quality" and popular pokémon when fucking avalugg is in? are you guys fucking retarded or are you doing it on purpose?
>>
There's not a single justifiable reason for them to cut any Pokemon whatsoever, not with how much money Game Freak makes or how much the games cost.
>>
>>38929667
>I've been hoping the Pokemon universe would be culled.
then you should be culled along with it
>>
>>38929706

Yeah, cause it makes much more sense that they'd only keep the shit-tier Pokemon that everyone hates, you fucking brainlet.

Avalugg ain't even bad, considering he's a Gen 6 Poke especially.
>>
>>38929730

It had to happen sooner or later. Be rational: did you really think it was possible for games to keep coming out with 1000, 2000, 5000 eventual Pokemon?
>>
You literally mentioned two Pokémon I care about in the first paragraph. Just because you don’t find them appealing doesn’t mean others won’t, retard.
I used Escavalier on my first gen 5 run and using Dunsparce on showdown is a blast.
>>
>>38929770

I mean, I like Dunsparce too, but it's still a piece of shit Pokemon, and the roster can't continue growing indefinitely.
>>
>>38929755
Of course.
>>
>>38929710
you still have your mons. they will likely be usable in a future game.
>>
>>38929902

well if your expectations are completely unrealistic, you're naturally going to be disappointed
>>
>>38930065
Yeah, let's stuff our Pokemon on a shitty paid phone app for about 3 to 4 years before they're finally usable in another game only for another big selection of Pokemon to be cut, god forbid some people want all their Pokemon on one place.
>>38930139
>>38929755
Gamefreak are literally the richest developers in the world and their games sell 10 million at the absolute worst, they have the ability to put 6000 Pokemon in each game but refuse to do so.
>>
>>38930181
>they have the ability to put 6000 Pokemon in each game but refuse to do so.
>source: my ass

>Yeah, let's stuff our Pokemon on a shitty paid phone app for about 3 to 4 years
I'm just saying that your little quote there does not refute anything gamefreak is doing. You posted it like you just epically pwned them and caught them in a contradiction or something when you didnt. You're just looking for an excuse to whine whine whine.

>god forbid some people want all their Pokemon on one place.
but you just said they would be on the phone app
>>
>>38930253
>>I'm just saying that your little quote there does not refute anything gamefreak is doing.
What? I'm not trying to "refute" anything, I'm saying this whole situation stinks of shitty business practice and is just another piece of evidence that Gamefreak is the worst dev studio in the business.
Do you know how much money they make? Tell me why they can't outsource putting Pokemon in the game like they outsourced the animations and models.
>>but you just said they would be on the phone app
God forbid you want to USE them all in one game, holy fuck you retard. If a Pokemon I want to use is on Home but can't come to the new game, they're just fucking stuck on Home since it's a one way trip. Golly gee whiz I sure am happy to look at my Pokemon's sprite a bit but have it be totally non usable in every sense of the word!
>>
My thread was supposed to be about the contribution a good story and setting can make to helping players to overcome unwanted core gameplay-based changes, and you fucks had to go change it into another generic "BUT MAH FAVERIT SHITTYMON" thread

The replies this thread has gotten demonstrate more than anything this entire board's lack of critical thought. You petulant children will never be satisfied.
>>
>>38930353
>What? I'm not trying to "refute" anything
>I'm saying this whole situation stinks of shitty business practice
>Gamefreak is the worst dev studio in the business.
all demonstrably false and obvious prattling from a child having a temper tantrum

>God forbid you want to USE them all in one game
>god forbid some people want all their Pokemon on one place.
What is it that you want god to forbid you bumblefuck simpleton? you keep backpedaling when you realize that you've been ousted as a whiny faggot making obviously false statements
>>
>>38929667
>no one really gives a autistically-smeared shit about junk like Escavalier
I care, you soulless robot.
>>
>>38930558
You might actually be inbred.
>>
>>38929667
WHy do people keep pretending like pokemon not in Sword and Shield are gone forever? Are you people seriously this stupid?
>>
>>38929814
Maybe, but I don’t think this is the point in time in which it’s really understandable, as they already have the modes and animations for all the old mons, plenty of money to hire new staff (the games are worth around 17 billion according to Wikipedia. Red Dead Redemption 2 cost 600 million as an example.), and they split their staff into two teams to work on separate games. I have no sympathy for them whatsoever as it’s pretty clear they have the resources to do it.
>>
>>38930353
>Tell me why they can't outsource putting Pokemon in the game like they outsourced the animations and models.
Idk probably because Masuda said there were difficulties doing as such. I am more inclined to believe him than some whiny faggot on the internet pulling claims out of his ass that happen to be convenient for his emotions.
>>
>>38929736
nobody gives a shit about avalugg, he's an awful shitmon that is unpopular and nobody likes him. if your head cannon of masuda wiping three quarters of the pokémon still has fucking avalugg in it then it's plainly wrong.

don't even try to "i mean... he isn't bad......", nobody gives a shit about him and he's the epitome of being unpopular. you'll buy the game and completely ignore him, not even remembering he exists while you're playing the game. your shit theory doesn't work.
>>
>>38929667
The easiest thing to do was call 90-95% of Unova mon and Unova itself and give them to the new region.
>>
>>38931705
I used Avalugg in my team, nigga.

>if your head cannon of masuda wiping three quarters of the pokémon still has fucking avalugg in it then it's plainly wrong.
What you talking about? It's acknowledged that some Pokemon will not have made the cut.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.