[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

The problem was jumping to 3d. Pokemon should stayed in sprites.
>>
I agree. The 3DS killed Pokémon.
>>
>>38929279

Was there ever a good 3D Pokemon? Probably not. Its just like Sonic now
>>
Detailed sprities take a ton of effort to look good once you are on the big TV screen.
And the last time we had sprites in BW they looked like ass with how they moved.

The GC games proved you can make a story based pokemon work in 3D
>>
No, the problem was, and always has been, Gamefreak, and the fans.
Even in the GBC era they were useless, remember that GS would have literally been less than half its size of it wasn't for Iwata single handedly fixing their hackjob code. Any other dev under Nintendo's belt could create a better Pokemon game.
They are disproportionately incompetent compared to the success of their franchise, and dumbass fans eating up their games regardless of quality showed them that they didn't have to try harder than the bare minimum.
>>
File: unf.gif (1.22 MB, 397x223)
1.22 MB
1.22 MB GIF
>>
>>38929349
Sprites don't need to be pixel art necessarily.
>>
File: 14.jpg (227 KB, 1920x1080)
227 KB
227 KB JPG
>>38929279
Fucking agreed
>>
I can see the complaints about GF being lazy by not jumping to 3D.
>>
>>38929279

this

Game Freak wouldnt have as much problems if they were sticking to sprites (something they were decent at).

A sprite Pokemon game on Switch sounds amazing too. Lots of space to do a lot, add a lot of detail, expand the region and fit all the Pokemon.
>>
>>38929400
This is the real redpill.
Though, R/B/Y-era Gamefreak had passion. It took them five years to craft the game and they didn't even know if it would pay off.
>>
>>38929444

it's not too late for them to go back seeing what the results are now
>>
>Pokemon but with Octopath Traveler graphic style
That would be awesome
>>
>>38929279
Yes actually. I have no idea why they didn't stay 2D. 2D games still sell great. Have the token Stadium game every gen or two made by a different (competent) developer and let GF stick to sprites. Heck, they don't even need to be good sprites. Give me 4th gen completely stationary sprites, it's more than enough.
>>
Bump
>>
>>38929279
With better animations sprites could work.
>>
>>38929528
Octopath is hideous
Everything that pixel graphics shouldnt be

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.