[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: pokemon-home.png (205 KB, 1000x563)
205 KB
205 KB PNG
Home isn't just a storage and trading hub, it also lets you battle online and interact with your mons. That way you won't miss having them in the mainline games.
>>
>>38929196
If Home is more like a game than a cloud PC box system, I would be more interested. Knowing Game Freak, though, I doubt it will be more than a cloud PC box system.
>>
Cloud-based services could be used to access your pokemon from another game, for example you could connect to Home to use your old mons in an online battle in Sword and Shield. This is hypothetical though and we all know how capable gamefreak is.
>>
If you could battle and breed within home as well it would actually be worth the money
>>
That could work as a late quick fix to curb anger. I don't see it being preferable, though.
>>
>>38929257
They aren't removing them because of some creative vision they are literally not touching up the models to make them work in SWSH.

You can't battle with stuff that doesn't exist in the games code.
>>
>>38929196
>, it also lets you battle online and interact with your mons.
>source: your ass
>>
That'd basically be Showdown then.
>>
>>38929394
>what if
you have to go back
>>
>>38929196
... As a matter of fact, if this was the case I might not be as angry anymore. That would be a wonderful way for GF to redeem themselves. I don't think it's too unreasonable considering we already know you can even use your phone to trade mons. If they also implemented battling I'd give SS a pass.
>>
>>38929521
If you could use Home on mobile and use it to trade and battle that would be incredible. I only want my bros so I can use them in whatever they have in place of the battle tree.

You'd still need to have bought an actual Pokemon game and paid the subscription to play so it'd be a great moneymaker too.
>>
>>38929375
>You can't battle with stuff that doesn't exist in the games code.
I suggest you look up what cloud computing is capable of, you wouldn't need the pokemon in SwSh code to use them in online battles
>>
>>38929196
if that's the case then it'd be the best case scenario for the time being.
>>
>>38929196
Best case scenario is either pokewalker shit or kanto remake with those mons but very slimmed down. Most likely bank 2.0, likely won't even show the models.
>>
>>38929196
WHAT IF

GAME FREAK IS NOT AN INDIE COMPANY ANYMORE

AND ACTUALLY THEY ARE WORTH SEVERAL BILLIONS?
>>
>>38929196
That would be great, but we know it's just storage and trading

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.