[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1546577017804.png (660 KB, 709x462)
660 KB
660 KB PNG
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GAMEFREAK IS RUINING THE SERIES BY PANDERING TO NOSTALGIAFAGS
>NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I CAN'T HAVE MY PRECIOUS BROS IN SWORD/SHIELD
Does anyone else see the irony here?
Also reminder that there was a "transfer purge" between GB/C games and GBA games.
>>
>>38928448
>Also reminder that there was a "transfer purge" between GB/C games and GBA games.
Zoomer who was too young to remember this was what killed Pokemania for good in the west.
>>
>>38928480
>killed for good
>pokemon go was one of the most viral things of the decade
>>
I hate transferfags.
Just start over and use new pokemon for once instead of constantly bringing over your epic first starter

fucking shitters
>>
>>38928524
You really are a zoomer. Go didn't get to 10% of what Pokemania was.
>>
>>38928480
And you could still backtransfer pokemon from other games later on, since they were still part of the code, with full sprites, stats, moves, etc.
This is the first time pokemon won't even be coded in.
RIP Pokemon
>>
>>38928541
What the fuck are you on about? The option to transfer up Pokémon has been a staple of the series for a long time. Fuck your mother
>>
>>38928480
>this was what killed Pokemania for good in the west.
yeah anon it was this. The constantly genwunner crying with "this is not pokemon anymore", the lack of interest because childrens game. That didn´t kill it. it was definetly because you couldn´t have your shitty charizard again
>>
>>38928524
He didn't say
>killed for good
He said
>killed Pokemania for good

And he's right. The Pokemania phenomenon ended at the close of the GSC era. To be fair, the "transfer purge" was probably not the primary cause, but it definitely didn't help.

Also, shame on you, anon. What a shitty attempt at a strawman, The post is right there for us to read.
>>
>>38928600
Those other games did not exist when RS was released.
>>
>>38928448
I absolutely HATE pokefags. They literally can't decide what they want in the new games. The whining is nothing new. It will go away in a few days and these retards will still purchase the new games.
Thank goodness emulators exist. I didn't have to pay for unfinished and lazy games.
>>
>>38928638
The genwunners cried that it wasn't pokemon because they couldn't transfer their bros, youngfag.
>>
>>38928541
Literally nobody does this. We just want to have our collection intact and usable in post game battles
>>
>>38928633
So what
Sooner or later another cut was gonna happen
deal with it you faggot just breed new competitive mons
>>
>>38928448
>Also reminder that there was a "transfer purge" between GB/C games and GBA games.
They issues a public apology for that one. The franchises didn't recovered for a while.
>>
>>38928664
Do you know what this board is?
>>
>>38928708
So start over. I started over multiple times and got back to a living dex with tons of shinies and tons of competitively bred pokemon.

Ain't the end of the world.
>>
>Want completely new shit for in-game
>Want a choice for all kinds of stuff when I'm done with in-game content

I don't want them to shove down full kanto dex and then be stuck with it once I'm done, fuck off.
>>
>>38928448
>nostalgia pandering to kanto takes away focus from other pokemon, please do not do this
>gamefreak takes away pokemon and will likely keep everything kanto in
so ironic ha ha
>>
>>38928667
>youngfag
sorry bro I was a kid back then, and played the games. and did the same with blue and silver. Never cared about post pokemon, just cried a little bit over ditto
>>
>>38928739
Cope pokefaggot
>>
>>38928480
Here's an interview with Masuda that confirms that Pokemania was already dead for good when Crystal released and RS was merely in pre-production:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2017/08/16/junichi-masuda-explains-why-pokemon-ruby-and-sapphire-were-the-hardest-to-make/
>>
>>38928709
>defending game freak's lazy asses after they announced cut content
>thinks he's a kind of a counterculture cool kid
Get off
>>
>>38928480
If this sort of thing is going to trigger you again. Yoi can please now.
>>
>>38928541
What if I want to use new Pokemon AND THEN go back to my old mons when I beat it?
We should be able to do both you fucking gaylord.
>>
>>38928969
>cut content
This isn't cut content dumbass.
Cut content would be if they made content before release but withheld it and released it as DLC after release.
Also speaking of DLC, I hope you're looking forward to all the "cut" pokemon being in expansion packs for $19.99 per region!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.