[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: yN4fCbg.png (104 KB, 192x311)
104 KB
104 KB PNG
>stable meta thanks to the culling
>easier to get shiny charm
>cutting mons was inevitable anyway

This us actually a good thing when you think about it. Yup, I'm buyin' it.
>>
>>38926587
>inevitable when the 3DS games handled it fine and SwSh are on much better hardware
God damn you sheep are retards
>>
>>38926587
This but unironically
>>
>>38926587
Go die in a ditch shill.
>>
>>38926587
Skipping over the fact the game looks like a ps2 game at best with awful animations. Have fun paying for dogshit.
>>
>>38926641
It does not. God you people are such dramatic babies.
>>
>stable meta
can easily be achieved by barring certain pokemon from formats, "Only Pokemon in the Galar Pokedex may be used for this competition."
>easier to get shiny cham
alright then
leave
>>
>>38926587
have sex, contrarian
>>
>>38926709
Compare what this game looks like to Dragon Quest 11. It’s not even close
>>
>>38926587
USUM had all 807 and the 3DS was even more of a piece of shit than the Switch. "Inevitable" my ass.
>>
>>38926709
And you're a sad (you) fisherman
>>
>>38926587
Let me borrow your copy then, Masuda
>>
I think it would've been fine if they just started fading out old mons. Probably keep them in as "legacy mons" you can transfer over as trophies but don't get new animations or movepools.

But it should be old mons first. Instead, it will be KANTOOOO again and poor obscure bros will be snapped
>>
>>38926587
Next year:
>cutting routes and making it so you could only transfer ~200 mons from home was such a great streamlining decision, I'm buying it!
>>
>>38926977
Why stop at routes? All we need is to beat the gym leaders and E4. Just make the game one small building with all the important trainers in it. Now we can go straight into battles all the time!
>>
Everyone was gonna be forced to play with the Galar dex anyway because Home isn’t out till next year. Bunch of retards.
>>
>>38926587
I'm unironically mad because I've had a living dex for years now and completing it is one of my main thrills.

If I can't port my guys at all to a new gen, what's the fucking point.
>>
>culling
When and where did this happen?
>>
>>38926641
Gwafixfags needs to die.
>>
>>38927069
Learn to adapt fat fuck
>>
>>38926587
>Stable meta
Just make it so you can only use Galarmon in wifi-battles
>Easier to get shiny charm
Just make it only count the Galar dex
>Inevitable
The models were made to be future proofed and they can have less mon over the years, both kalos and alola have less than 90 new pokemon
>>
>>38927012
There's a big difference between "You won't be able to use your old Pokemon until Home comes out" and "You won't be able to use your old Pokemon at all".
>>
>>38926709
Yes it does. I could name 50 PS2 games that look light years better, especially when you consider the time they were made.

Compare it to something like Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, and sword and shield are fucking pathetic.
>>
File: 1392928684638.png (14 KB, 252x242)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>38927069
>I'm unironically mad because I've had a living dex for years now and completing it is one of my main thrills
And you can still do that. What the fuck is the issue that people are having?
>Gen VII cuts out national dex
>You can still have a livedex at Pokebank
>Everyone seems to be fine with this
>Unsurprisingly, Gen VIII doesn't have national dex since it was already cut in the previous generation
>You can still have a livedex in Pokemon Home
>People are suddenly losing their shit because they can't have a livedex anymore (even though they can)
Am I being baited or what the hell?
>>
>make the Pokemon models so complicated and future proof that they start taking up to much space so adding new Pokemon becomes almost impossible
lol
>>
>>38927196
BECAUSE. YOU. CAN’T. USE. THEM. IN. THE. ACTUAL. GAME. YOU. FUCKING. RETARD.
>>
>>38926587
shinies don’t need to be even easier to get. the amount of cuckbois screaming over a shiny that they sos hunted for 2 days max still haunts my reccomended section
>>
>>38927196
I could move my Pokemon to Gen 7, I can't in Gen 8. I don't want to infinitely store them in Home.
>>
>>38927196
The problem is with Home half of your Pokemon will literally be stuck there for years at a time until they appear in a regional dex again. Stuck in cloud storage with no way to get them out.
>>
>>38926587
Dynamax is going to be horribly unbalanced.
>>
>>38927193
And they haven’t stated either yet. Masuda literally said he’ll elaborate more in future interviews.
>>
>>38927196
Pay attention you fucking retard
>>
>>38927238
Yes they did. Masuda literally said this was a change in policy going forward. If it's not in the regional dex it's not programmed into the game.
>>
>>38926587
>Yup, I'm buyin' it.
You faggots just never learn
>>
>>38927292
Literally OP
>>
>>38927283
I am very glad it’s a decision going forward. GameFreak should have said this is how they want it to be and spared themselves the baseless accusations against their development team
>>
>>38927142
>DURRRRRRR ITS OKAY FOR THE GAME TO LOOK LIKE COMPLETE SHIT WHO CARES ABOUT GWAFICS??
>>
File: smo4oz0.jpg (68 KB, 700x700)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
>>38927313
You think GF admitting to wanting this would decrease the backlash? God damn you're retarded.
>>
>m-muh meta
you can just make all the restrictions you want without cutting pokemon from the game, this as nothing to do with VGC and if you can't realize that you are retarded.
>>
Does anyone know the average file size of each 3D model mon, cuz me thinks that because of the cartridge sizes being 32gb adding all the mons especially new ones and other game related models probs exceed the limits, and gamefreak might have planned for some extra content so cutting down on mons was their sacrifice.
>>
>>38926587
>instead of getting dabbed on by Pokemon that are statistically superior to 800+ Pokemon, I get to get dabbed on by Pokemon that are only statistically superior to maybe 450
Huge change, love it, thank you GameFreak.
>>
>>38926587
My problem is mostly that they cut it out and they are still shipping a subpar product. If they cut that out and all the pokemon had good animations (still, walking, idle, attacks, everything), the overworld, the characters and the graphic quality was better (not changing the style) then I would be sold. But the thing is everything looks like shit, plays like shit and most likely It will have drop rate problems like the 3ds games. So yeah, cutting the dex out just like that due to "time constraints" is not an excuse.
>>
>>38927303
Imagine accusing someone disagreeing with you of being a sheep in a forum where the vast majority are on your side. Only people being accused of shilling are not being sheep for the temper tantrum of a bunch of whiny assholes who would try and find reasons to hate the new games anyway and wouldn’t have been able to put in bank Pokémon for months anyway when the vast majority would have stopped playing.

I spit on the grave of cookie cutter teams and applaud Masuda for ruining your meta and overly used lvl 100s
>>
>>38927214
Well then the issue lies elsewhere. Stop bitching about not having a livedex because you can have a livedex.

>>38927225
>>38927228
What makes you think there won't be an update or a second version that fixes this? Back in Gen III most of the Pokedex was locked away until the release of FRLG which made the rest of the Mons available again. In early Gen VI you couldn't use non-Kalos Mons until Pokemon Bank was out. I'm pretty sure in this generation we also had to wait for some update in order to transfer our Pokemon but I'm not sure, I don't remember anymore. The bottom line is, this is nothing new. This "culling" has happened before, it happened for the first time back with Ruby and Sapphire but of course you wouldn't be aware of that because you're a bunch of fucking kids whining just for the sake of whining. Wait for the second version or keep crying, those are your options and I can see you've already chosen the latter.
>>
>>38926587
Boy am I glad gamefreak's laziness created a meta where pokemon that aren't usually seen can shine like... Tyranitar, Clefable, Lucario, and Mimikyu
>>
>>38926745
We discovered an online competitive Community by the name of “Smogon” who create their own house rules for the game. They placed restrictions on a number of Pokemon in the game due to balance issues, but notably they really seem to love sucking the dick of a handful of Pokemon with poor competitive balancing; So we did what any good developers would; we’ve removed Landorus from the game. Please understand.
>>
>>38927219
Fucking this lmao

I’ve got a couple of method shinies too, but those spergs force their reactions so damn hard, OOOH I SPENT 3 HOURS IT TOOK FOREVER OMG REEEEE

I don’t know if they’re the Fucking retards, or if their viewers are
>>
>>38926796
Dragon Quest 11, a game from a franchise that has existed on consoles for a long time, compared to a franchise that is only just starting to be put on consoles since last year and has only existed on handhelds for 23 years. Oh yes Anon, what a great comparison.
>>
>>38927417
Are you retarded? Smogon is the most happy about lando being gone.
>>
>>38926587
Also
>Easier on the storage space, as unneeded Pokemon are not even in the data
>>
>>38927444
Dragon quest doesn't even look particularly good though, it's below average, and is still far too high of a bar for pokemon apparently.
>>
>>38927481
>implying each pokemon in the wild area doesn't have a copy of its model saved in the game's code for each individual section of it
>>
>>38927402
If we don't whine, then it's seen as acceptable. I can safely say until that update or second version comes out, I'm frankly not interested.

Mainline games are, well, the mainline games. Culled dexes are cool in spinoffs. Making Pokemon, even a majority of them, transfer only is cool too. Hell, makes my collection rarer. Too not allow my hard-earned Pokemon into a Pokemon game, with little hint it'll happen in the future, is a line too far for me.

I'm sure it'll be an okay game, but not for me. Different people get joy through various activities in the game, and unfortunately, Gamefreak axed one of my favorites.
>>
>>38927402
In ruby and sapphire, they were STILL IN THE CODE
>>
>>38927402

the data of the missing Pokemon isn’t in the game, period. how many fucking times does this have to be repeated to you numbskulls? this is nothing like the previous “cullings”.
>>
>>38927402
>Back in Gen III most of the Pokedex was locked away until the release of FRLG which made the rest of the Mons available again.
The difference is that happened because of an unavoidable incompatibility between Gens 1/2 and Gen 3+. Once the older Pokemon were added in Emerald and FRLG, they could be traded back to Ruby and Sapphire with no problem because the data was already in the game. Here they straight up do not exist in SS's code and never will.
>In early Gen VI you couldn't use non-Kalos Mons until Pokemon Bank was out.
And you still won't be able to use non-Galar Mons after the Bank-equivalent comes out.
>>
>>38927505
>Basically anons I’m a fat lazy piece of shit in real life and I don’t like that Gamefreak demands that I adapt to something objectively isn’t that bad
>>
>>38927444
>The literal biggest media franchise in the world can't be bothered to hire some people with console dev experience to help make their game
wew
>>
>>38927559
>I suck corporate cock
Look man, I'm not mad. I'm only saying I'm voting with my dollar, and will not be purchasing this title. It's going from a handheld to a console, and raising the price by an additional twenty dollars. I am free to expect MORE, not less based on those facts.
>>
>>38927559

try again, Gamefreak cocksucker.
>>
>>38926587

Yea Im probably buying it day 1
>>
>>38927559
Begone, normalfag
>>
>>38927402
>What makes you think there won't be an update or a second version that fixes this?
If they plan on patching them in they need to fucking announce it. And having to pay for another $60 game just to use a handful of extra species is fucking retarded.
>>
>Yupposting strikes again

Guys this is a troll thread. Stop replying in earnest and let it die.
>>
>>38926587
I agree.
People are just overreacting as usual.
Bunch of crybabies lmao.
>>
>>38927444
>>>>>>>>>>>HIGHEST SELLING MEDIA FRANCHISE IN THE FUCKING WORLD CAN'T INTO CONSOLE DEVELOPERS

How much does GameFreak pay you?
>>
>>38926610
Yes, I was thinking this too. Also, home comes out in 2020. So if SwSh had only Galar dex mons for the first few months it would made sense. But once home comes out, what is the point? To transfer over mons you can already get in game? I'm also worried if bank gets shut down eventually, forcing you to decide whether your mons of 18 years stay on your 3ds or they go to home digital limbo.
>>
>>38927196
i think they're losing their shit because they're unaware that DP remakes could have the other batch of Pokemon not available in Galar.
>>
File: 1560279201732.gif (3.41 MB, 800x450)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB GIF
>>38926587
>>38926615
>>38926709
>>38927012
>>38927238
>>38927313
>>38927164
>>38927196
>>38927402
>shits on your plate
This will be 60 dollars plus tip. Plus a couple of your old favorite Pokemon.
>>
>>38926587
Actually depending on what does and doesn't come back, the meta will get much worse because some threats may actually lose several of their would-be checks. Lower tiers and VGC may be fine, but OU will become schizo and Ubers will be a dumping ground of things that can't compete against box legends

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.