[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1560311701306[1].png (359 KB, 2838x400)
359 KB
359 KB PNG
Pokemon has died
>>
I don't get why they're still trusted to make Pokemon when the series has been at least entirely stagnant for years now
>>
>>38917961
If it makes money, it ain't broke according to them
>>
>>38918004
That's correct. From a business perspective, if it makes money it is successful. The only way GF will change is if Pokemon stops making money.
>>
>>38917915
>you will never turn a Death Star on Gamefreak HQ
Literally why even live?
>>
>>38917961
stagnant would be an upgrade at this point, they're regressing.
>>
>>38917915
>have to create 800+ models
>have to rig and animate each and everyone of them for every single move
>people actually expect them to do this in a timely fashion
To be honest Game Phreak brought this on themselves. They should've seen this coming years ago when they knew they would eventually have to shift to 3D models. They should've toned down on the number of new pokemon.
>>
>>38918329
Thats mostly all done....it's been done since gen 7.
>>
>>38918329
>>38918343
Done since Gen 6 actually. The conversion to 3D with XY was supposed to be "future proofing" the Dex.
>>
and wait there's more

the girl who makes gijinkas is still making money.
>>
>>38918369
Sounds like they ran into a huge issue that's making most of those models useless or all of them and had to redo them from scratch and don't want to admit their fuck up
>>
>>38918329
If they where a smaller studio I would understand but Pokemon is the highest grossing media franchise. They have the money, with the money they can get the man power. They can affort to get an animator per pokemon and they only need to do that once since everything else can be reused into infinity. The models are the ones from G6 and they will be usuable for a while
>>
>>38918421
Fucking intern Susan spilled coffee on the one hard drive containing gens 2-7.
>>
>>38918329
>>have to rig and animate each and everyone of them for every single move
They've never done that. Every Pokemon has a physical move animation, a special move animation and a being hurt animation.
>>
>>38918369
Yeah they were so high poly to a fault for a reason
>>
>>38918329
> 800 models
That’s basically nothing for a modern open-world game.
>>
>>38918004
They literally did this shit during ruby and sapphire era and pokemon almost died. What the fuck are they thinking? How will it be any different this time?
>>
>>38918470
It is when most of those 800 models all have unique skeletons. It's not like pokemon are all humanoid and can have the base model reused over and over with minor change.
>>
File: Hank Hill Smoking.jpg (397 KB, 900x900)
397 KB
397 KB JPG
>>38917915
You faggots will bitch but you know you're going to still buy this shit and the circle will continue
>>
>>38918470
you kidding most open worlds reuse the same enemies 5 times?
witcher and zelda a perfect exampe
>>
You could see Bill Trinen panic on fucking stage and then freak out harder when they confirmed not even all of the original 151 would be in the new game.
>>
>>38918502
Those models are all already rigged and ready to fucking go though. It's only the new Pokemon that they have to worry about. Walk and run cycles have been finished on all models since at least gen 7. Maybe even gen 6.
>>
>>38918490
That was at least because connectivity between the GB and GBA was too much and the Pokemon were still all programmed into the fucking game.

Here though I can bring over all the Wingull's I want but fuck if I want to bring my Mudkips over.
>>
>>38918603
>Those models are all already rigged and ready to fucking go though
Obviously not since Game Phreak isn't telling us something.
>>
>>38917915
What's the problem I hear spilling into /v/?
Galar pokemon will be the only mon for that region, no others? Is that the issue?
>>
I don't really get it, what Masuda said is basically what they've been doing forever, like with Gen 4 they selected some Pokemon to fit the adventure, but does he mean that the Pokemon are going to be selectively coded into the game now?
>>
>>38918682
They were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Sq4bP3-P0

Kazowar pulled them from Sun and Moon where most of them were unused. And animations were not any more expressive based on what we've seen then in the past and shit has been future proofed anyway so if they do make them more expressive it's less work for later games. So they clearly have no goddamn excuse to not include every Pokemon when that's the main draw of these games.
>>
Dammit this is triggering my autism

I don't want to get into ROM hacking but maybe I should
>>
>>38917915
Based I'm glad the DeX is shortened.
>>
>>38918682
All models are already HD and have their own walking and running animations. SWSH seems to be slightly editing textures, but they still use the same model. GameFreak just doesn't want to have to balance the new Pokemon.
>>
>>38918707
Pokemon featured in the Galar dex will be the only Pokemon you can transfer in from past games. So while past games always featured every Pokemon and every Pokemon was eventually accessible in some way Sword and Shield will only have the Pokemon in the Galar dex and nothing else.
>>38918738
Selective coding going forward.
>>
>>38918738
yes. this is different to ruby/sapphire because you cant just gameshark a ho-ho in. it wont exist.
>>
>>38918805
So does that mean only Galar pokemon in Shield or does it mean any non galar mon are nontransferable.
>>
>main gen Pokemon finally moves onto Nintendo's core console
>It's going to have way less content than what it did on a handheld
>>
File: 1556773892743.jpg (95 KB, 1024x681)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>>38918841
>>
>>38917915
It was inevitable sooner or later. I don't like it per se, but I do understand it, you can't expect them to keep the whole ever-growing dex when it expands to nearly a thousand monsters.
>>
>>38918521
I hope pokemon fags have some decency, I doubt it, but I have some faith on them
>>
>>38918924
When it's the main selling point and the games haven't progressed in close to a decade despite insane profit margins and global popularity, it's not understandable.
>>
>>38918870
If the Pokemon is in the Galar region dex then they can transfer over, if not then they're stuck on Sun and Moon/Bank.

So for example Wingull is in the Sword and Shield dex so he'd be able to make the jump over, however let's say the game doesn't feature Squirtle. Right now Squirtle hasn't been shown off, so if Squirtle isn't in the Galar regional dex then Squirtle will never be able to come to Pokemon Sword and Shield.
>>
>>38918245
Game Freak would be fine if it weren't for Masuda and Ohmori.

They're the only ones who need to be vaporized.
>>
>>38918996
And? Has Nintendo implied they're not bringing over all the mons in some way?
>>
>>38918924
The game it's called pokemon

the slogan of the franchise is gotta catche em all
>>
>>38919035
Yes. Masuda outright confirmed that moving forward Pokemon games will not feature every Pokemon and you will not be able to bring every Pokemon into the games.

That's why everyone is pissed anon.
>>
>>38918682
Yeah, that their excuse is meaningless.

The funny thing is, this is just an excuse. An obvious one.

Game Freak doesn't even do the fucking textures, Creatures does. It doesn't impact development on their end at all, even if they did need them redone (which they don't save not looking deathly pale).
>>
>>38919035
They didn't imply, they outright said it. You are no longer going to be able to bring whatever Pokemon you choose into the newer games, only the Pokemon they sanction. Don't even try to argue that this is valid in any way, it is literally impossible to "catch them all" going forward.
>>
There's going to be kids years from now excited not about new Pokemon, but about one of his favorites from 4 gens back who is now coming back to the roster for gen 11 or whatever.
How sad is that?
>>
I was replaying every updated gen game in prep, and now the wind has been taken out of my sails.

Im close to finishing Omega Ruby, but Ive never played gen 4 and now I dont feel up to it. Is Platinum worth getting just to play on its own or should I not bother with it at this point?
>>
>>38919073
Anon im pretty sure its been impossible since gen 1 due to mew only being a JP giveaway thing I think.
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 260x194)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
I'm having flashbacks to 2002 when it sank in that I couldn't transfer my bros into Sapphire.
It basically killed my interest in having a longterm PC of 'Mons. I barely cared.
Until a few years ago when I restarted everything. Played every generation and got them all into my PC ready to go for the Switch.
And now this news? Fuck this. I feel betrayed all over again. My bros...
>>
>>38919125
Platinum is worth a play. Especially now. If nothing else, than to remember the good times and enjoy what was.
>>
So what was the point in making every 3D model in gen 6 if Game Freak isn't going to bother using them? The problem is just going to get a lot worse with every new Gen now when people grow attach to the new pokemons and they're not in the next Gens.

I really wish we had a different dev studio working on this.
>>
>>38919126
Mew was distributed in the US anon.
>>
>>38918521
I'm not buying it if it's anything like Sun/Moon are at the beginning. Mashing A while watching youtube videos, looking down and there's still dialogue. Walk 10 steps. More dialogue.
>>
>>38919125
Now is actually the time to play older games, and stick to them.
Series is officially dead. This isn't some overreaction to the games being of low quality, too linear, having shit animations, too many cutscenes, too easy, etc like before... this is actually a fundamental change that damages the series in a way that is unrecoverable.
>>
>>38919126
Mew has been given out various times. Do you have anymore excuses to give?
>>
>>38918425
One: Basically the only games GF makes right now is Pokemon, which while hugely popular usually only nets GF a percentage of royalties from the core games, and they're always on a tight schedule to release one every 2-3 years.
Two:GF does not have access to money from licensing and merchandise of the Pokemon franchise, all that shit is handled by TPC and they get the lions share of that revenue.
>>
>>38918924
even if they were generous and added 200+ brand new pokemon, it still doesnt make sense to cull so many others from even being programmed.
>>
>>38918329
The main reason G6 was so slow and had frame rate issues was because they already future-proofed everything. GF is just lazy.
>>
>>38919126
Mew was in the dumb pokeball thing, he's confirmed
>>
Sigh.
>>
>>38919201
Especially when about 80% of the work in regards to those old Pokemon is already done and ready to go and Gamefreak has for years pretty much expressed that this would never happen.
>>
>>38919220
No he's not because when Trinen asked if the LGPE Pokemon were all in Sword and Shield Masuda outright said "Only the ones we programmed into it"

So even if the Pokeball is somewhat able to be used with SS it still doesn't mean Mew can be transferred in.
>>
>>38919126
you are making an effort to be retarded
>>
I just fucking realized all the regis are getting nuked

FUCK
>>
File: 1478719174402.png (12 KB, 470x457)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
>>38919143
This. I think the reason I feel so awful is because Pokemon has been in my life since almost as long as I can remember. I was there for Gen 1. I lapsed a little around Gen 3, too, but Gen 4 brought me back. To imagine falling out of it again, and this time because of sheer incompetence, laziness, and outright neglect from the people who make it?
Yeah. That stings a little.
Friends get older and leave. People die. You leave home and go to a strange place where you don't know anyone and start over. Life took me to some odd places and changed a lot, and it was always a comforting thought that, no matter what else changed, Pokemon never did, and it was always there.
>>
>>38919268
They literally said Mew can go in the game through the Pokeball YOU FUCKING RETARD.
>>
>>38919270
No I was just thinking the catch em all logo hasn't been true since day one.
>>
>>38918538
this. i hope i doesnt sell well and that kids who dont know before buying make a stink online bc this is really dumb for a game with the tagline “gotta catch em all”
>>
File: 234663243436634606436.jpg (142 KB, 820x627)
142 KB
142 KB JPG
>>38918521
For me buying it would mean I would also have to buy a Switch and a fucking smartphone just to get cucked out of half of my bros, so I can tell you definitively that I won't at least. I hate everything they've been showing us about Swish and Swoosh anyways.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (8 KB, 318x159)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>38919284
Honestly, this might be my wake up call. There were too many moments when I did replay through all the Gens (started in 2017, X> XD>Colo>Leaf>SoulSilver>OSapphire>Plat>USun+LetsGoPika and currently finishing Black 2) that I thought were overly childish and felt too much like homework or a chore or something. Almost like I was more interested in feeling like I enjoy Pokemon than actually enjoying it.
I gave up on the Anime fast, and have a bunch of the movies on the backlog that I know will just suck to watch. Pokemon GO is a fucking terrible 'game'

The only thing that can redeem them is if Pokemon Home is legitimately amazing. A true Home for my Bros.
>>
>>38919385

Kids today are playing PC games that were released 2-10 years ago and have a big fat load of IP that gets rejuvenated every couple of months. To them, this Pokemon problem must seem quite pathetic.
>>
>>38919284
>This. I think the reason I feel so awful is because Pokemon has been in my life since almost as long as I can remember.

A lot of people feel like you, and that's why the franchise es profitable, low effort games based on nostalgia and visceral feelings of the consumer

that's why pokemon fans eat anything they pump out, and they are testing your wills yet again
>>
>>38918870
The Galar dex will incude all the new Galar region pokemon plus selected pokemon from old games. In the previous generations after you beat the elite four/ champion or the regional dex you could get the national dex which included all pokemon from all games before that gen. There will be no natdex. If shuckle doesnt appear in the game you cant transfer a shuckle over from pokemon home
>>
File: 6299850228702.gif (1.49 MB, 300x300)
1.49 MB
1.49 MB GIF
>starting a thread with a screenshot of the OP of another thread
>>
this was going to be my reason for picking up a switch (a cheaper one, assuming they ever actually do that). I would have picked up some other switch exclusives too of course, but I wasnt going to get one for them.
Looks like I'll never play breath of the wild or Ultimate alliance 3 either at this rate
>>
Well well well, if you dumb niggers didn't see the decline during SM and that piss baby game lets go you're a delusional fanboy faggot. Pokemon has been dead to me since USUM and let's go. This bullshit is the nail in the coffin, the games Fucking suck, we haven't seen a genuinely good release since gen 4-5.
>>
I'm 31 years old. I'm married, I'm a homeowner. Life is pretty good.

But if this shit actually happens I'm going to throw it all away and take as many people at Game Freak out as I can before I go down.
>>
2ch anon if you are here, what is Japan's reaction?
>>
>>38919455
Yeah, you're right, but me and a lot of others (I hope) know that no amount of nostalgia can warrant being this lazy. I'm not going to support this because I'm mad. I'm not going to support this because I know they can do better.
>>
>>38919563
don't forget to put camera on your head
>>
File: 1481330870553.png (168 KB, 400x400)
168 KB
168 KB PNG
>>38919192
Not an excuse when the sales from the games alone are way bigger than many AAA developers. Look at Platinum for example, their philosophy is to make fun games and stay afloat to make more games and yet with their low sales they manage to put out higher quality games than GF could ever imagine.

This can be said about many other developers that work on smaller budgets. On the other hand GF already has
>Most Pokemon Models made since they jumped to 3D
>Code for already existing game mechanics (you know they must reuse this too)
>Barely animate anything in the overworld
Yet they struggle with the minimum amount of polish in their games. LITERALLY NO EXCUSE
>>
>>38919423
give me an example im too retarded to follow
>>
>>38918521
If you're over 18 and you feel obligated to buy it, then Game Freak is puppeting you.
>>
File: 1527228898583.jpg (259 KB, 666x670)
259 KB
259 KB JPG
>>38917915
I think this is a good move.
We will never see improvements if every game needs 1000, 1200, 1800, 24000000, etc. pokemon.
>>
>>38919563
based
>>
>>38919599
So greedy
>>
This is it, their incompetence mixed with greediness led them to this.
This could be the beginning of the end, a slow and agonizing one, this time they managed to outdo the rs fiasco.
>>
>>38918490
RS still sold like 15 million copies.
>>
>>38919632
Fuck you
>>
File: 1560289728623.gif (3.41 MB, 800x450)
3.41 MB
3.41 MB GIF
>>38919632
lmao
>>
>>38919632
all the work for existing mons is already done, they only have to worry about new mons, which they obviously have to do anyway to make a new game
you are retarded
>>
File: 1475000552435.png (81 KB, 250x419)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
Look on the bright side.

You will feel really happy when your bro comes back in another game.
>>
>>38918924
Stop making new models or just get others to make old ones. Or go back to 2.5D sprites.
>>
>>38919632
you are missing the point of the franchise then
>>
>>38919720
yeah waiting years and another bro won't be in that game, fuck off
>>
>>38919708
>justifying the use of Gen 6 models for eternity
Listen to yourself.
>>
>>38919751
gen 8 models are gen 6 models idiot
>>
>>38917961
the mainline series sort of belongs to them, you'd basically need to do corporate coup de tat if you want to effectively get it out of their hands
>>
File: 1522428694982.jpg (29 KB, 297x309)
29 KB
29 KB JPG
>>38919779
Do you have any concept of the future?
Rotating the roster means they can work on improving the models piecemeal. You literally said you'd rather they just use Gen 6 models forever.
>>
>>38919751
models are the same, they only need to update the textures
>>
>>38919802
They look like shit. They need to rework the animations at least.
>>
>>38919751
how about you listen to YOURself you dip. They are already reusing the assets, no changing that now. Not using most of them makes 0 fucking sense.
Once again, you're retarded
>>
>>38919801
I just posted an example of how they're not actually doing that though?
>>38919686
>>
>>38919861
See >>38919801
>>
>>38918425
how many developers actually work at Game Freak?
it's possible that despite all the money in the series, they just don't want to create that kind of huge monolith company
basically everything that isn't a main series title is outsourced, isn't it?
in a way, I kind of respect that. the mainstays of the team have known each other for decades and they probably have grown to like the culture they created
this still doesn't excuse this policy and Nintendo PR needs to address GF and clarify and fix the situation immediately
>>
>>38919872
I'll ask again. Do you have any concept of the future?
>>
>>38917915
How are the Japs reacting to this?
Are they in a clamour or quiet?
They would be heard first before us.

Anyone know whats going on there?
>>
File: 1513463622001.png (154 KB, 250x382)
154 KB
154 KB PNG
>>38918521
I didn't buy USUM, and I didn't buy LGPE. Not that it even matters.
>>
>>38919884
Do you have any concept of looking at something and understanding that you're wrong?
>>
>>38919885
The Bring Back the National Dex hashtag is trending on Japanese twitter, albeit in Japanese.
>>
>>38919421
More like Pokemon Nursing Home for your bros to rot in forever
>>
>>38919563
Tell the Japs to subscribe to Pewdiepie
>>
File: cheruweez.png (105 KB, 403x403)
105 KB
105 KB PNG
>>38917915
where did he say this? i need source right now bros
>>
>>38919801
Too bad GameFreak will still be lazy in the future retard
>>
>>38919976
The Tree House even, near the end.
They say “Only people native to galar can be transported to SWSH”
>>
>>38918329
But aren't 3D models substantially easier to animate than 2D sprites?
>>
>>38918449
kek
>>
>>38920025
They're easier to animate but the actual 3D models take more time to make and are prone to issues that 2D sprites don't like clipping.
>>
>>38918502
Not all Pokemon would need overworld sprites though, just the ones in the Dex that appear outside of tall grass.
>>
>>38918521
I haven't bought a game since XY.
>>
>>38918004
Yeah but the phrase is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Aka don't CHANGE what already works.
>>
Did the Japs think they could just keep adding more and more pokemon with each game forever? Why didn't they use foresight?
>>
>>38920215
>Did the Japs think they could just keep adding more and more pokemon with each game forever?
They probably assumed they'd eventually just stop making the games.
>>
>>38920025
having done both I have to ask what people mean by "easier"
3D animation is basically 3D programming
programming can save you work if you program in a way that's modular and reusable, but then again it's Game Freak
>>
>>38919606

like, uh, minecraft and mobas and shit

as far as i know, they don't just nuke all the content they've been building up

it's like if hearthstone said they had to delete cards from wild mode to make room for new cards in standard mode.....it must seem so dumb to today's young gamers that this ultra huge franchise has to cull much of its IP in what is supposed to be a series that advances itself completely, at least in terms of what pokemon are functionally within the game

it's like yeah, im sure that mmos delete old places and quests, but in pokemon, the pokemon roster is essential, and by getting rid of some for a few years, you're treating your audience like a bunch of dopes being punished for their autistic devotion rather than praised for it
>>
>>38918450
They had more animations than just that in Pokemon Stadium 1-2, at least. Some of them are pretty crazy.
>>
File: 2IBbvYv.gif (152 KB, 320x320)
152 KB
152 KB GIF
>>38920241
>having done both I have to ask what people mean by "easier"
If you're aiming for really high quality sprites, 3D models is way less time and money. Pic related.
>>
>>38920246
Those games were made by Hal, not GF. And the GC games by Genius Sonority. All of which put a lot more effort into the models.
>>
>>38918521
Nope this game doesnt excite me at all, and if I wanted to play I'd just pirate.
>>
>>38918521
Buy it for what, the switch I don't have? This was the game to convince me to get a switch, fat chance of that now.
>>
>>38920268
I feel like using Metal Slug to talk about spritework is a false equivalence because literally no one did spritework as good as SNK did so it's irrelevant to talk about unless the company in question is SNK.
>>
>>38918521
I actually won't. There's no point.
New Pokemon should be added to the game, content should be added, and none taken away. The only reason to keep playing these games is to further complete my living dex, but now they took away the literal core aspect of the entire franchise, which is collecting Pokemon.
Not only that, but they managed to introduce a SECOND paid storage/transfer service just to have you do fuckall with it and have your Pokemon trapped in a limbo, unable to even be played anywhere. Just what were they fucking thinking? Game Freak needs to be liquidated.
>>
>>38918329
They should have just said nah and kept 2D.
>>
>>38918521
first gen I'll play entirely on PS
>>
>>38917961
It's funny. I always considered Pokemon followed by Animal Crossing to be the most stagnant nintendo series that are still running. Bit apparently Animal Crossing is changing things up a little, so Pokemon is all alone.
>>
>>38920242
This, the larger of a fan you are of pokemon, the more you will suffer. This shit is really making me reconsider buying these games.
>>
>>38919801
Little weird to implement this rule before anyone actually benefits from it though.
>>
>>38918521
Are you projecting or something? I love Pokemon to death, that's why I'm here, but I still have some standards. Sword and Shield is not meeting those and unless something dramatic changes I won't be buying either.
>>
>>38918521
I haven't bought a third version since Emerald. Skipped LGPE. And this news has me out on SwoShi. Thing is, I don't think it matters if the core fans are out. I think gamefreak has done a great job courting the normies and casuals with Go and Let's Go, and now that Switch has sold so goddamn much, I think they're guaranteed amazing sales. And considering how little money they seem to be putting into SwoShi, I think they're set to make insane profits.
>>
File: dog.jpg (146 KB, 1024x681)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
It's really weird that they are doing this now, when Smash just used 'everyone is here!' as a big appeal for marketing before they switched to all the 3rd party dlc hype. And it seemed to work well.
Yes, obviously the scale is different here, but they should really be able to see why returning characters is a big deal for people. More specifically, big fans who end up being the face and influence for other fans in this day and age.
>>
>>38918329
They made 600+ models for XY. They'd only be making about 100 from scratch and that's generous with modern Gamefreak.

>>38918532
Those games actually have the models tangibly interact with the environment in hundreds of ways, which is the actual most difficult part of development with those models. The Pokémon animations are purely visual with a damage calculation taking place. When you run into them in the overworld, you just trigger a battle.
>>
>>38919183
Like fairy types, megas and the devaluing of mons from the gts? Stop overreacting
>>
>>38920625
only 50+ models sure, but 50+ models of far higher quality than Gamefreaks with entire animation movesets filled to the brim with personality and lovingly pieced together to remain loyal to their respective game series along with really solid competative balance. There's clearly eons more effort put into smash
>>
>>38920442
Not fair on ac since the last main game was 2013. Pokemon has shat out yearly releases with barely any innovation
>>
File: 1557880877773.png (1.15 MB, 1024x862)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
>>38917915
Yeah, I'm thinking I'm done. I don't like useless things, and part of the draw of these games was the ability to keep progress I've made from older ones. How do you repeat the same mistake over again? Masuda should just retire and leave this IP alone.
>>
>>38918521
havent bought a game since X. I'm probably going to pick up the sinnoh remakes and call it quits
>>
>>38920779
>Like fairy types, megas and the devaluing of mons from the gts?
No, not even close.
>>
Hopefully this stops powercreep since they won't have to 1-up every old mon with each new generation.

Probably won't happen, but it's a potential bright side.
>>
>>38917915
DENSETSU NO KUSOGE
>>
>>38918329
>have to rig and animate each and everyone of them for every single move
Except they don't do that
AT LEAST 808 models+animations and 153 HD textures were already done at October of last year
Please don't try to defend GF anymore
>>38918521
Didn't buy LGPE, didn't even buy a Switch and I'm not going going to buy one unless F-Zero or/and Etrian Odyssey are released.
They even managed to indirectly ruin Showdown by literally cutting mons from the game.
I'm sad to say it, but the only thing that's left is the pokégirl porn
>>38920268
I'm in love...
>>
>>38917915
who would have thought the day would come when poorly animated online battles really would surpass the actual rpg games

at least those have the pokemon
>>
>>38922276
Showdown is based on the real games, so gen 8 there will just be regional dex too.
>>
>>38922313
gay
>>
>>38918521
>buying a paid online console for kusoge
I haven't bought or played anything since SM. Stop assuming everyone else is also a weak-willed stockholm syndromist
>>
>>38918521
No, this revisionism is the last straw, fuck Game Freak. Lazy cunts
>>
>>38920779
Fairies and megas never took anything away
>>
>>38920779
Fairy type is a good idea because it lowers the amount of overused Typemon as well as making underused Type mons relevant. People were only crying about MUH ICE TYPE because Gamefreaks never bothered considering to balance Ice types, and they keep dumping Tanky Ice mememons instead of putting in more Weavilles.

Mega was a good concept that's poorly implemented because they only made shillmons better than they should be
>>
>>38919284
Too close to home anon
>>
>>38918286
This
>>
>>38918329
>wahhh 1000 models
Most games nowadays have more models than that and they are more complex AND more animated than GF's. Even indie devs are better than GF. It's disgusting
>>
>>38922902
>Mega was a good concept
Instead of, y'know, actually buffing shitmons without giving them a poorly designed transformation...
>>
File: D80ms7OUwAAjEmE.png (40 KB, 250x130)
40 KB
40 KB PNG
>>38918521
I don't even have a Switch.

>>38918329
This is why sprites are and will always be superior.
>>
>Zelda goes openworld
>Smash Bros goes EVERYONE IS HERE and adds characters like Banjo and K. Rool for good measure
>Pokemon cuts half the available monsters
jfc
>>
>Made us suffer through low FPS battles on 3DS because they were futureproofing the games with models
>future arrives
>cutting out half the mons because ???????
what
>>
Good news everyone! Well, bad news.
Just talked about this with a certain person and seems like its not a lazy problem, its a masuda problem again. They think that for the new players from letsgo and go being introduced to the whole pokedex might be overwhelming and trying to catch them all might be frustating since it would require a lot of time.
>>
>>38920442
>>38920824
Also, AC's whole thing is it's meant to be a cute, relaxing game without major stresses, so a slight lack of innovation can be forgiven. Each Pokémon game, on the other hand, is meant to be an adventure with discoveries lying around every corner. And yet for the last while it seems like the only changes we get are the removal/castration of features and lame battle gimmicks that absolutely nobody asked for. I really don't know if I'll buy Sword and Shield at all. I'm sure I'd enjoy it at least partially but I don't want to give GameFreak tacit approval of the company's current direction. Not that it matters because it will probably still be the highest-selling Pokémon game of all time or some shit
>>
>>38918329
Except Gamefreak doesn't, Creatures, Inc. does
>>
>>38919046
>the slogan of the franchise is gotta catche em all
only in hamburgerland
>>
btw. why they should care about maybe 1-2% of haters if games will break 12-15mln anyway?
>>
>>38917915

I'm okay with this as long as we have many new Pokemon with every new generation.
>>
>>38923146
gonna need some kind of sauce on this, not that it's not believable
>>
>>38918490
Thats a popular myth, Pokemania was already dead by the time RS came out (which still sold like 16 milion copies). Compare Crystal sales to Yellow and tell me there isnt a difference.
>>
>>38923146
>>
File: 1552882531495.jpg (6 KB, 142x100)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>>38918521
The last game I bought was Sun version.
>>
>>38923237
>X&Y introduced 69
>Sun & Moon introduced 81
except there to be maybe 100 new pokemon and mostly old kanto ones
>>
>>38919403
>hi i'm scared of being cucked and here's my obligatory brainlet frog
Thanks for the post buddy!
>>
>>38918906
lmao
>>
>>38918521
I've been thinking about buying a Switch for a while now, but I am damn certain that SS will not be on my list of games to buy for it.
>>
>>38923146
They already regressed it in Alola. You don't get Shiny Charm for catching everything in National, you get it for completing what's in regional Dex.
You get Oval Charm for seeing every Pokemon, I believe?
>>
>>38923749
the switch is a good purchase. reconsider sword and shield for a long damn while, buy second hand if you really must.
>>
>>38917961
The funniest and yet saddest part is that I don’t think the staff is capable of realizing this. To them, muh Mega Evolution, Z-Moves, and Dynamaxing are the freshest takes ever.
>>
>>38923749
I heard that they're planning to release a budget Switch version that's basically just a handheld, so I'm waiting for that to buy.
>>
>>38918521
I pirated USUM, i didn't bought Lets Go and i won't get this incomplete shit
>>
>>38920618
true, at the end of the day that's all what is is about: achieving large profits.
>>
>>38922961
i absolutely adore those sprites and i don't even like those mon designs
it's personal but sprites have so much more soul than those bald 3D models
of course agree to disagree
(btw where did you find those sprites?)
>>
>>38917961
Yes, although I expect they fear changing the game at all, so they devise gimmicks for each core game
>>
>>38923068
Too mucha worku for a small indie company! Prease be reasonabru.
>>
>>38918521
I need there to be at least 100+ new pokemon to make me even consider buying it at this point. If they're going to cut the pokedex, at least justify it by dumping a ton of new pokemon on us.

But you and I both know that's not going to fucking happen.
>>
>>38918425
You realize that for one year, that would cost 36 million dollars, at least, just wages?
>>
File: mii gunner.jpg (1.52 MB, 3194x3775)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
>>38918521
Fuck that, this is legitimately nothing but laziness for what they're shown us so far. Almost everything is a flat downgrade for no real tangible benefit, and I'm pretty fucking sure the models were supposed to be future-proofed.
>>
>>38924783
>this is legitimately nothing but laziness for what they're shown us so far.
That's been said about almost every pokemon game for the last decade. And look, it's still growing bigger and bigger as a franchise
>>
>>38920442
At least AC only comes out once a console. Pokémon has almost yearly releases and each one has been more disappointing than the last.
>>
>>38920025
Depends. BW style animation used a lot of tweening and it saved a lot of resources than if they were individually drawing each frame.
>>
>>38918329
All 800+ models are done PLUS walking cycles. Fuck off.
>>
>>38918521
After I didn’t even finish ORAS I knew I was falling out of love with this series. I bought Sun and it took me a year to finish but I didn’t buy LGPE and I’m definitely not buying this shit.
>>
>>38918906
Prease understand gamu deveropmento hard hahaha
>>
File: 1539247603828.jpg (65 KB, 883x826)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
if they specifically move all the shitty pokemon designs like the key chain, the ice cream cones, mosquito muscle man, tiger suit man, etc. then this will be the most based thing gamefreak has ever done. you autists have ruined pokemon and your autist king james turner's designs are dog shit.
>>
>>38919046
You can catch all the Pokémon available in these games though! :^)
>>
>>38917915
do you imagine that they make the wiped pokémon a DLC or some pokémon shop? they will never do that, right haha
>>
File: f.png (676 KB, 1200x900)
676 KB
676 KB PNG
>>38925537
VanillaChad is CONFIRMED in
>>
>>38925537
Cones are confirmed in the game.
>>
>>38925537
mosquito man is legendary so he's out without questions
>>
>>38919403
>not having a smartphone
Oof. I mean is there even a reason to say smart nowadays? It’s 2020-1, a fucking 40€ phone does it all the same. Loser.
>>
File: Baby I like it.png (124 KB, 1703x888)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
No such thing like "TOO MANY POKEMON" from now on. The problem solve. Everyone should be happy.
>>
can you catch every mon in the wild area? Otherwise this is stupid as shit, can't even catch them all
>>
>>38925573
>>38925617
well i guess that means gamefreak is just being lazy and not based. fuck them.
>>
i literally only bought a nintendo basedtch for sword/shield. i dont give a fuck about smash bros or super mario. and now theyre doing this shit?
>>
File: 1549769139218.png (139 KB, 900x504)
139 KB
139 KB PNG
>>38925746
>he didn't wait for cheap pokemon switch version
>>
>>38925746
serves you right
>>
The entirety of 4chan, Reddit, and Retardera can boycott this game and it won't make an iota of difference.
>>
>>38925893
>BW is the worst selling new installment because it forced people to use new pokemon
> Next 2 gens shill Kanto hard
Keep telling yourself that
>>
>>38918521
Unfortunately you're right. I'm not a huge fan of some of the choice they are making.
But it's Pokemon. It's one of the best memories of my childhood and it will always bring me some kind of joy when in play or talk about it.
I may not like it but I know what I'm about.
>>
>>38917915
Nintendo please buy out this indie studio already.
>>
>>38918521
Last Pokemon game I bought was SM, but I traded that back after a few hours.
>>
>>38918521
I won't for sure, try again
>>
>>38918329
The 3D models and visual assets are literally ripped from the 3DS games and the attack animation were almost better in Pokemon Colosseum. Fuck off.
>>
I'll bet they limited the amount cause of overworld Pokemon. GF can't code for shit, and we already know about the infinite Lillie's. So they'd probably think it would require a separate 900 models for each big wild area.

>>38918329
>The move animations are bad cause there are so many pokemon!
>The models have been constantly reused cause there are so many pokemon!
>The stances look bad cause there are so many pokemon!
>................
>WHAT YOU EXPECT THEM TO ADD ALL THE POKEMON?
>>
i wouldn't be against the idea if they decided to slowly add back the missing pokemon while giving them appropriate buffs/nerfs, but we know they're too incompetent for that shit.
>>
>>38918521
You deserve to be conned if you buy this dreck, honestly
Just play romhacks made by people who care if you're so desperate to play a Pokemon game
>>
>>38926353
its not even incompetency at this point. they're just unwilling to fucking try at all
>>
I was here, thanks.
>>
>>38919284
real nigga shit...
>>
>>38918329
Go back to good 2d.
>>
>>38919284
Based Nintendo making faggots kill themselves.
>>
>>38918521
i actually wont buy it cause im too poor to buy a switch
>>
>>38926566
Actually what the fuck is up with the price of that thing? It's more expensive than an xbox or ps4 in my country.
>>
>>38918906
Stand
Please
>>
What will their campaigns be?
>>
>>38917915
Everyone was gonna be forced to play with the Galar dex anyway because Home isn’t out till next year. Bunch of retards.
>>
>>38927204
dumb shill
>>
>>38927216
People who say shill need to be shoveled into the bowels of hell
>>
>>38923274
That's actually a popular myth? Don't most people know Pokemon stopped being cool because kids got bored of it?
>>
>>38927250
get mad, shill
>>
>>38918906
Not having the extra OLD Pokémon is not NEW content you brainlet
>>
>>38927269
he never said anything about old or new content, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>38926586
nintendo tax. they're one of the greediest companies on the planet.
>>
>>38917915
Knowing this, USUM were marvelous games
>>
File: pixels.jpg (21 KB, 428x336)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
I am absolutely dumbfounded to find out not only that people care about this, but that they care so passionately people are this mad and even cancelling pre-orders. I really don't get it.

Do people really not play the new games with the new pokemon? Is this just a 0.01% of the playerbase but the most vocal 0.01% kind of thing?

I didn't really pay attention around X/Y so this is the first I'm learning that anyone values this feature highly and I'm very confused.
>>
apology for poor english

when were you when pokemon dies?

i was sat at home watching e3 when miyamoto ring

‘pok is kill’

‘no’
>>
>>38927428
Ever since gen 3 my first team in each gen would consist solely of new Pokemon, but I'm also against shitty practices from video game companies. Fuck Gamefreak.
>>
>>38927428
They touched the one aspect of the franchise that was what put it apart from other monster catching games. The interconnectivity between games was THE defining feature of pokemon. People have been building up their pokemon catalog over the course of generations and adding new ones they liked to the next game they get.
>>
>>38927428
>Do people really not play the new games with the new pokemon?

Are you being deliberately obtuse or just plain retarded? Did you even play gen V or VI? Nobody complained then because we knew they would enable transferring. Because the data was already in the game. This has nothing to do with going through the game with old pokémon, something that is readily available since Galar is clearly (somewhat) full of old pokémon.

>I'm very confused.

No wonder, it's a wonder someone as dumb as you even managed to turn on the computer.
>>
File: 1554914647396.png (24 KB, 201x201)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
As controversial and shitty as this change is, isn't there some silver lining to this? A limited selection of Pokemon means an entirely new Tier for competitive battling, with mons who normally wouldn't see play being viable or even competitive. The National Dex might be far more expansive than previous gens to make up for the lack of Catch'em All in the postgame.
>>
>>38918521
Kek you really triggered these faggots
>>
>>38927428
>but that they care so passionately people are this mad
gamefreak has years of shitty practices under its belt, this is just the straw that broke the camel's back. Enjoy the (you)
>>
>>38917915
It’s literally the same as any pre Gen 6 game, save for the fact that you can’t bring your old mons over. It’s like VGCs for the first year of a new Gen, except permanent.
And it’s usually a more interesting experience because of it.
>>
>>38927660
That is if broken shit doesn't make their way in the games anyway, also this is easily achievable with battle rules without fucking us collectors over.
>>
>>38927771
As in "save for the fact that if you aren't in it for the meta and are here to have fun with your bros you get the shaft"
>>
>>38918924
they could just not make any new Pokemon for a game
and instead focus on other content and mechanics
but ultimately this is gamefreak and I wouldn't trust them to do this anyway
>>
File: DKcU3b5UIAAQxrb.jpg (72 KB, 1000x563)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
I think the last time I transferred a pokemon from one game to another was using a game link cable
>>
>>38927428
It's a game in a series about collecting Monsters to use in battles that doesn't let you use monsters from older entries, even though those older entries have allowed you to do this since 2006.
You could have a Pokemon from Colosseum fight for you in USUM, a Pokemon you might've caught as a kid that you can still use as an adult.
And now you can't continue to use it unless GameFreak employees feel like working on a particular day.
>>
>>38927428
If it was "you can't transfer old pokemon until postgame," like in DP or BW, people wouldn't mind.
The fact that after beating the story you can't bring your old pokemon in and use them together with the new for online is an insult. The series is built on the expanding collection of pokemon to collect and making the best of it all. Gen 1 transfered all to gen 2, and the original 2-3 gap is the only one not possible, which lead to the creation of Colloseum, Gale of Darkness, and the Gen 3 remakes. This was also rectified by programming the Virtual Console versions of Gen 1 and 2 to be compatible with Pokebank.
>>
>>38917915
lmao what a bunch of manbabies.

Who the fucking cares you cannot catch "generic fish version 3" in the game. 95% of pokemon players don't even know the name or design of all mons, let alone care that they are not going to be able to be transported into the game.

If the game dex has 400 mons it will be more than enough for a well rounded game.

And ultimately, who the fucking cares? Every pokemon game (after the first few) had a basic set of pokemons that you can catch during the game and then to complete the pokedex you had to use retarded gimmicky features. Reducing the dex might actually make "catch them all" fun rather than a chore.

I'd rather they invest more time into polishing the game than in porting all the pokemons no one cares about (e.g. generic legendary no. 31)
>>
>>38927428
People do want to play with the new Pokémon. That doesn’t excuse that this, and every future game will only have a fraction of the Pokémon
>>
>>38928732
Bitch this is the least polished game in the franchise discounting hardware limitations.
>>
>>38927660
No one gives, or should give, a single shit about competitive.
>>
>>38919284
>my first Pokemon, my Blaziken from Emerald will be stuck in Gen 7 cause past starters won’t be in the Galar Dex
>Bank will be shut down eventually meaning either he gets left behind where I can still use him
>or I transfer him to Home and hope that someday I can use him again, which isn’t likely
It fucking hurts
>>
>>38917961
They could hand the series over to literally any studio Nintendo has and the games would improve
>>
>>38928810
why should every game have every pokemon, though?

in 2029 should we be up to 1900 pokemon all of whom are included in the upcoming games?
>>
"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
>>
>>38928732
>people like this faggot actually exist and will keep GF afloat for another decade, happily eating shit straight out of Masuda's asshole
>>
>>38918329
>one of the most profitable franchises on the planet can't afford to make 800 models
Companies like Sony, EA, and Activision blow more than that would cost on a single tree model every year.
>>
>>38926566
fucking south americans should be executed
>>
>>38928912
>I'm so mad about a fucking video game I wish the company would go broke

grow up
>>
File: 1555629529540.png (60 KB, 179x164)
60 KB
60 KB PNG
>>38928912
i still can't tell which posts are ironic shitposting. that faggot seems like he's really going out of his way to gaslight but after seeing blizzards fanbase with bfa i just don't fucking know anymore. why are people like this?
>>
>>38928901
It took 20 years to get 800 we aren't getting to 1900 in 9 more like 40. I will be 67 then.
>>
>>38928901
Why shouldn’t it? Each game gets bigger and has more features. One of the biggest franchises in the world shouldn’t be acting like an indie company
>>
>>38918521
Don’t even have a switch faggot
>>
>>38918538
>not every KANTOOOOOOOO mon is going to be in the game
color me surprised
>>
File: D4F1SwJXoAIEZoz.jpg (100 KB, 679x397)
100 KB
100 KB JPG
>>38928960
>s-stop making fun of gamefreak
>>
>>38918521
Nope. I skipped LGPE and I'm going to skip SS too. I can go pick up Ultra Sword when hopefully they'll have the nationaldex.
>>
>>38928991
>Each game gets bigger and has more feature

And cuts old features, too, though.
>>
>>38928938
There’s fucking PS1 games that have 700+ unique monster models
>>
>>38928901
It's entirely on them if they were shortsighted enough to make so many new Pokemon without a plan how to consistently bring all of them back for each game. Without the monsters the games are nothing, literally baby's first jRPGs.
>>
>>38929029
Like being able to get all the Pokémon
>>
>>38928850
cope
>>
>>38929022
lmao what a baby
>>
>>38917915
I suspect they'll work around the backlash by making more projects that won't actually require all 899 Pokemon and their alt forms to be present
>>
File: 1560268337214.png (696 KB, 964x801)
696 KB
696 KB PNG
>>38929029
>>38929063
>cut pokeball customization
>cut secret bases
>cut pwt
>cut battle frontier
>cut trick house
>cut customization (only to bring it back and make it worse TWICE)
>cut triple battles
>cut inverse battles
>cut sky battles
>cut o powers
>cut super training
>cut dream world
>cut challenge mode
>cut that island shit in black and white
>cut areas that are different in each version
>cut underground area
>cut event mons actually having a fucking in game event
>cut battle animations
>cut the safari zone
>cut friend safaris
>cut berry blending
>cut contests
>cut battle tents
>cut pokestar studios
>cut seasons
>cut walking pokemon only to bring them back in the shitty meme game
>cut day/night cycles
>cut game corner
>cut vs seeker
>cut rematches in general
>cut hordes
>cut the pss
>cut generic trainers having unique encounter themes
>cut dex nav
>cut mirage islands
>cut soaring
>cut the sevii islands in LGPE
>cut abilities in LGPE
>cut held items in LGPE
>cut ultra wormholes as of next gen
>cut mantine surfing as of next gen
>cut that shitty pokemon snap minigame as of next gen
>to top it all off they're cutting the fucking national dex and the amount of pokemon you can even bring through bank
>>
>>38929076
>lmao
Is this facebook?
>>
It’s time to nut up bros. They abandoned us for the normie crowd. Those fuckers chose the soi. Have fun progressing to sjw fuckery you deserve it. I’m just glad my 3ds purchase will hold value for the foreseeable future. No one is going to take the switch games seriously.
>>
>>38919284
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsD4im7K3wg
>>
>>38929055
>It's entirely on them if they were shortsighted enough to make so many new Pokemon without a plan how to consistently bring all of them back for each game.

What is your planned alternative, exactly? Stop designing new pokemon altogether? I'm sure that will sell games.

>>38929091
only about 6 of these features were actually good, to be fair
>>
>>38927660
it already happened
it was called pokebank

damn, i keep getting reminded how many new ones we really do have
>>
>>38922953

some megas look great, faggot.
>>
>>38929091
You forgot the single best thing about FR/LG.
>cut VS seeker
That thing is the only thing that got me through Touhoumon Lunatic
>>
I highly doubt they would just prevent you from having all pokemon ever. Specially with their new home storage system or whatever.
>>
File: file.png (3 KB, 185x55)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
>>38929147
>>
>>38929098
lmao
>>
>>38929158
Shit. I was looking in the section of "shit that was in FR/LG but not in LGPE"
>>
>>38929108
Make fewer of them, spread development times properly, hire more people, etc.
>>
>finally get a legit shiny in the wild, a Seedot
>can't actually bring him along to the next game because lol fuck you
gay
>>
>>38928901
Yes, that is the main appeal of the franchise that has kept many people as devoted fans for decades.
Digimon, Yugioh, and SMT let me collect monsters too and are much better games, but they limit the availability of what you can get in each game. Pokemon letting you CATCH EM ALL in every game was the edge that kept it above the competition. Who cares how many total pokemon there are if I'll never see them all together in a game anyway?
Do you not understand why Smash Ultimate bringing every character back generated the opposite reaction from fans? The difference is that Bamco and Sakurai know what they're doing and listened to the fans, while GF and Masuda are lazy retards who take their fans for granted.
This is especially bad for pokemon because it's a feature that has been expected for every mainline game so far.
>>
>>38929194
I have never owned a natural shiny in my life

it's time for the elites to be brought down to the level of the masses
>>
>>38929190
>hire more people
I have no clue if the "small dev team handling huge projects" thing is cultural or a meme but either way it needs to fucking end
>>
File: 1560220859915.png (342 KB, 403x383)
342 KB
342 KB PNG
>>38927428
If someone can screencap this for future reference that'd be great because I'm tired of fucking repeating this shit to people who can't be assed to look this up
X/Y and Sun/Moon had EVERY SINGLE POKEMON from fully coded in the games. The reason you couldn't bring your transported mons from earlier games at launch was because all they literally had to do was flip a fucking switch on THEIR end so the games could let you use them online. They were never added in to the game via an update they were ALWAYS there. The same thing goes for Sun/Moon there was no fucking update that said "oh yeah we added models for all these pokemon so you can use them now :))))" that update you downloaded for Pokemon bank was literally CODE that told their servers "yeah he can use that Shiny 6IV Kyogre he imported from Black 2 now". In Sword/Sword they're literally REMOVING Pokemon that don't fit the theme of the region. As in they're not going to be CODED in to the game at all. They won't EXIST in any way whatsoever. Say you have Metagross in Ultra Sun and you transfer it to Home when it comes out and then you try to bring it to Sword. If Metagross isn't in the Galar region dex the game will treat Metagross as if it never existed and you won't be able to import it. Why? Because they're NOT CODED IN TO THE GAME AT ALL THEY LITERALLY DO NOT EXIST AS FAR AS THE GAME IS CONCERNED THERE IS NO MODEL, NO CODE, NO ANYTHING FOR METAGROSS IN SWORD/SHIELD this is why people are pissed off
>>
>>38920815
>only 50+ models sure

You’re forgetting all the assist trophies and Pokémon and stage gimmick characters
>>
>>38929101
>>38929098
Hahahahahahahahahahah kill yourselves NPCs
>>
>>38918521
haven't bought a pokemon game since 3rd gen remakes. don't even have a switch
>>
>>38918521
For once I don't think I will. I've been complaining about Masuda for years but he's finally shit the bed.
>>
>>38929534
Well it’s not like you need to bring over every Pokémon anyway
>>
>>38929717
And I don't need to buy the games if I can't use whatever pokemon I want in them.
>>
>>38919284
I've been enjoying Pokemon since I was a little kid during Pokemania. I'm grateful for the good times Pokemon has given me. The memories made because of it, and fun times shared with friends. This feels bittersweet. Everything is getting worse. Even the "big things" you think would be safe are dropping alarmingly fast in quality. Things worth a lot of money, like Star Wars and big game franchises. If the ones running the show are tired of entertaining the masses, I can only wonder what comes next for us. Seeing Sonys censorship, and seemingly every game/movie/comic/show/ect. be tainted and ruined is really something to watch in real time.

Your post really got me thinking about my entire life. You're right in that no matter what Pokemon was always there. I know it sounds kind of faggy out of context, but it's true. All the good times, and bad. The changes in life, big and small. You always had your pokebros with you, potentially from games over a decade old. Pokemon was an easy way to connect with others. This whole thing is just depressing.
>>
>>38929753
Well don’t then bitch, GF doesn’t need your incel money anyway
>>
>>38918521
Mostly this, most people who are mad are gonna suck it up and buy this shit so the cycle continues, this is how we got to this point in the gaming industry in general.
>>
File: bhxo4ivza6x21.jpg (39 KB, 663x579)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
The sad reality is that this game will still sell like crazy no matter how much we whine. Dumb cucks will buy anything pokemon no matter what.
>>
>>38929910
Star Wars at least has a clear reason for its downfall. The moment Disney got their fingers on it, anyone with a brain knew it was doomed. It’s harder to point fingers at this Pokémon issue because we just have to assume the devs are getting unbelievably lazy
>>
>>38927428
I use a new team every game. As pissed as I'd be if I lost all my pokemon in the bank, at least I'd have the option to catch a good number of them in game again and then others could be imported over from older games. For me its not so much about bringing bros over, losing 18 years worth of mon collecting, its about a lot of pokemon not even being fucking coded into the game at all. They just don't exist in this game. You can only use the ones gamefreak mercifully bestows upon you. Also dont get too attached because the SwSh ones you catch may not be in the next regions dex leaving the useless. Has there been any mainline game after RSE where you couldn't import/trade in the mons from your older games? BW was a new dex, but you could still fucking trade your mons in after the E4 couldn't you? They didn't just not exist in some Home Limbo you're forced to pay for and if you forget they are deleted and gone forever.
>>
>>38929985
Most likely they will stop making the mainline games altogether. Pokémon can sustain itself with chink money from shitty mobage now.
>>
>>38930144
I’m pretty sure you have been able to trade gen 3 and up until now
>>
>>38918329
Look at the """"""""""animations""""""""" the Pokemon in Gen 8 have then come back and laugh at your pathetic post
>>
>>38929534
>>38930144
This has made me understand people's anger LESS, not more.
>>
File: masaka.png (893 KB, 695x1353)
893 KB
893 KB PNG
>>38917915
>>
>>38929091
You forgot
>cut Megas
>>
>>38917915
still gonna play it, i dont care if a couple mons arent in
>>
>>38929022
I can smell the onions from here.
>>
>>38930587
>failing to see that people are getting their favorite mons cut from the game ENTIRELY because game freak is too lazy to copy paste their literal fucking 3ds assets to sword/shield
did you eat a bowl of fucking stupid flakes for breakfast? what is it you're not getting? THEY'RE CUTTING pokemon from the game ENTIRELY they're not getting added back in via updates THIS is what people are mad about they want to keep using their old mons on top of whatever new ones they encounter if they were still able to be found in game then it wouldn't be that big of a problem but they're getting REMOVED entirely from the game

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.