[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: switch or set.png (62 KB, 219x187)
62 KB
62 KB PNG
Do you switch, or set your pokemon? Honestly, I play on Set all of the time these days except when I get a new pokemon, where I then set to Switch in order to train them to be stronk.
>>
>>38571825
Whatever I feel like using. Usually Set nowadays.
>>
First thing I do when playing any game is change Text Speed to Fast and Battle Style to Switch.
Never touch those options again.
>>
>>38571825
Set for nuzlockes, but otherwise switch since I'm just playing for fun to try out new pokemon ingame
>>
>>38571825
set no items is the way you should always play. sucks that I can't use refresh without the shitty bonuses
>>
switch because fuck artificial difficulty
gamefreak is supposed to make the game harder for me, not the opposite
>>
>>38571825
set is faster and more fair
>>
>>38571825
Set for sure
Game doesn't need to be even EASIER
>>
Personally I only play Pokemon with a large black ‘X’ taped over the 3DS screen, I recapture a new team on every route and grind them up to the same level as the last one before going on in the game, I only heal with regular potions even at level 100, instead of the pokecenter I switch my party out one by one from the PC to heal, no TMs, no evolutions, that is how you play a challenging game of Pokémon, gentleman
>>
>>38571944
Dumbass, set is how the game is in Multiplayer battles.
It's literally more equivalent to artificial easiness.
AKA handholding
>>
>>38571954
Same
>>
>>38571825
Switch, when Im training a weaker Pokemon or just a Pokemon that needs experience in general trainers generally give more experience, and it would take longer if I was playing on set.
>>
File: image.jpg (3 KB, 112x125)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>/vp/ makes a game
>the player starts with a sword that does 10 damage
>shortly into the first level you're given a sword that does 100 damage
>every other sword in the game only does 20-50 damage
>they get someone to playtest it
>playtester finishes the game

>playtester: "well the game was ok, but it was way too easy since I had a 100 damage sword and all the enemies only had 80 hp at most"
>/vp/: "IF IT WAS TOO EASY WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST STOP USING THE SWORD?"
>playtester: "why would I stop using it if all the other swords do less damage?"
>/vp/: "IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A DIFFICULTY SWITCH, IF YOU FOUND IT TOO EASY YOU SHOULD HAVE STOPPED USING IT"
>playtester: "how was I supposed to know that? I assumed the game would get harder eventually, which is why I kept using the 100 damage sword. If you wanted difficulty options, couldn't you just put that as a regular option at the beginning of the game?"
>/vp/: "duuurrrr uhhhh I dunno it's not my job to balance the game!"
>>
Always set, and always text speed fast. But for reals, GF should set up higher difficulties.
>>
>>38572094
not using box legendaries is putting a handicap on yourself too, you all are retarded
>>
>>38572100
This but with no battle animations they take way too long,
>>
>>38572094
That's literally Game Freak's development process, anon.
>>
I started using Set in Ultra Moon. I think that was when I'd actually started taking my strategy on Showdown semi-seriously because I started champing on Showderp

Also it's "Shift," not "Switch"
>>
>>38572226
>GF
>not retarded
>>
File: 1557719606140.png (142 KB, 307x220)
142 KB
142 KB PNG
>>38571825
Switch, though I wish there was an option to remove text declaring the next pokemon the opponent will send out but still provide the option to switch out. I'd like to use set but hate wasting turns just to switch out.
>>
>>38571825
Set as of late although if SS does somehow turn out to be good then I'll probably play Switch on first playthrough and Set after that.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.