[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: Spoiler Image (132 KB, 1080x1080)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
"In the same way humans in our world are a type of animal, are humans in the Pokémon world a form of Pokémon?

Masuda: Humans are definitely separate from Pokémon. The way you think about it is different than how we think about animals in relation to humans on Earth. For example, on Earth we have mammals and reptiles all these different categories. In the world of Pokémon, they are all Pokémon. We don’t really categorize them in exactly that way. It’s kind of a different way of looking at it. So yeah, humans are definitely separate from Pokémon. For example, humans can’t learn four different moves like a Pokémon can."

So, if Humans AREN'T a type of Pokémon, that pretty much leaves two options...

1. They were created by Arceus after he saw us in our universe and how we interact with animals.

2. They were brought to the Pokémon world FROM Earth, by Arceus, in prehistoric times and evolved separately in a universe with new physics.

Humans, like actual plants, are life, but they aren't Pokémon...

But they couldn't have evolved from nothing in the Pokémon world...
>>
>>38570673
Arceus isn't real
>>
File: ditto.png (30 KB, 1115x430)
30 KB
30 KB PNG
>For example, humans can’t learn four different moves like a Pokémon can.
look I get what masuda is trying to do here, but implying this won't stop being from being degenerates, that ship has sailed LONG ago and he's powerless to stop it
>>
>>38570673
>But they couldn't have evolved from nothing in the Pokémon world...

In our plain old world, we have Archaea, Bacteria, and Eukarya. It just means that apart from actual plant life and whatever Pokerus is, you probably could class Pokemon into two more taxonomical kingdoms, or whatever their equivalent is. If humans were brought in from outside, it just means that the formation of the kingdom that represents human life was an unnatural introduction.

This is assuming that we take Masuda's word to the highest possible level, where Pokemon and humans' only common point is that they're both "alive" and share no relation the moment you try to trace the line down.
>>
>>38570771
> i mean, technically, ditto can learn ALL the moves, just temporarily
>>
>>38570784
yeah i reckon humans must have come from the outside, since they can't be the only animals in a pokémon world naturally
>>
>>38570694
*tips fedora*
>>
Canaclave covers this.

Humans came from a pokemon that underwent Darwinian style evolution and became something new.
>>
>>38570673
humans came from our world to the pokémon world in ancient prehistoric times and upon exposure to the plentiful energies of that multiverse, they were able to evolve super-intelligence, psychic powers and create supertechnology

would also explain why there are blue humans in ultra space
>>
>>38570827
but all pokémon undergo darwinian style evolution, hence alolan forms and all of them originally descending from mew
>>
>>38570673
Can you link me the article to that interview? I've been looking for that quote from Masuda for a long time.
>>
>>38570827
>WRONG
>>
>>38570845
https://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/07/13/pok-233-mon-39-s-burning-questions.aspx
>>
>>38570863
>https://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/07/13/pok-233-mon-39-s-burning-questions.aspx
Thank you!
>>
>>38570879
no prob
>>
>>38570863
That's just like, Masuda's headcanon man..
>>
>>38570908
I'm sure there are things he may not have been privy to, like the Ditto/Mew thing.

But I think this for sure is pretty damning that Humans aren't native to the Pokémon multiverse.

Even artificial life native to that multiverse becomes Pokémon, but not Humans...
>>
>>38570673
Mew is said to be the ancestor of all pokémon, Archen is said to be the ancestor of all bird pokémon, and Alolan forms exist.
So pokémon definitely undergo evolution in the same way real-world creatures do.
Humans are just something that split up from pokémon at some point (probably from something in the human-like group) and became something completely different, either naturally or by legendary pokémon magic. The same probably happened to plants too but way earlier in the world's history.
>>
>>38570974
A Pokémon can't evolve into an animal, like an animal can't evolve into a plant.
>>
>>38570673
What Masuda said was pretty much on the line of "don't think about it".

Pokemon are Pokemon and Humans are humans, that's all you need to know; and to ponder any further would lead to confusion and headaches.
>>
>>38570974
One of the books in the Canalave Library suggests that humans and Pokémon were once the same or at least were similar in some way. Couple that with the Lake Trio being credited with giving humans the unique traits that make us human, and the fact that they were worshipped as creators along with Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina, it could be assumed that the Lake Trio could have caused us to be a separate species.
>>
>>38571018
that's true about the lake trio, but why would we evolve to LOSE our powers? there must have been some motive, like we were being tasked by arceus to be responsible for all pokémon or something
>>
the thing is humans can't be pokémon because

they would be normal type

but humans aren't immune to ghost moves
>>
Humans are most certainly part of the Pokemon multiverse since inception. The one thing that two have in common that stands out is that they share the same spirit.
>>
>>38571112
but there were no apes for them to evolve from, so did Arceus steal some from somewhere else, or design them as something different?
>>
>>38571120
The original spirit might've designed them this way since inception but I don't have hard evidence for this.The only thing we have to go by are myths and past civilizations.
>>
>>38571008
This is why people should say it bluntly and get it over it with, instead of skirting around the issue; why would human's the only animal in the world of mystical and powerful monsters?
>>
>>38571112
Masuda told you to don't think about it.

This is a world with mystical creatures that dominate the planet and with humans that tame said mystical creatures. That's all you need to know, and to learn anything outside of the pokedex or lore established within the games would be regarded as either head-canon at best and out right blasphemy at worst.
>>
>>38570673
>For example, on Earth we have mammals and reptiles all these different categories. In the world of Pokémon, they are all Pokémon. We don’t really categorize them in exactly that way.
This is just flat out untrue. Archeop's entry states that it was believed to be the ancestor of all bird Pokémon. If they categorized all the the bird Pokémon into one group, there's no reason they wouldn't categorize the other species into groups.
>>
>>38571313
That's why you never ask the CEO/Director of the franchise when it comes to lore, he didn't wrote shit.
>>
>>38571313
he response makes no fucking sense anyways
humans aren't pokemon because we dont categorize pokemon like animals (which isn't even true as egg groups exist)
there isn't any consistent lore to the series, you can't really come up with a consistent answer to anything when the pokedex contradicts itself every gen (gen 1 mentions indian elephants which implies both elephants and india exist)
>>
>>38571285
What I mentioned about humans and Pokemon sharing the same spirit was stated in-game. Its one of the many reasons they help one another.
>>
>>38571046
Because the ability and desire to solve problems, while less cool than fire breath, is a lot more useful.
>>
what about that stuff in the sinnoh library
>>
>>38570694
*turns pokemon trainer hat backwards*
>>
Of course humans descended from pokémon, just like pokébirds descended from archeops and real birds descended from non-avian dinosaurs
Do you really think masuda knows a thing about evolutionary biology and phylogeny?
I bet his response is just to stop degenerates from thinking humans ARE pokémon and therefore can breed with them or lay eggs
>>
>>38571006
Animals and plants are completely different but they still have a common ancestor. Why can't humans have a common ancestor with pokémon?
>>
>>38574328
I doubt that's the exact reason, but yes, his response is obviously from a marketing point of view rather than a worldbuilding one.
>>
>>38571046
You could say that for chickens evolving from dinosaurs
>>
Arceus is gargabe, almost all megas are strong than he. How retard you need to be to believe he created mankind?
>>
>>38570771
ditto breaks so many rules of this dumb explanation i'm surprised masuda hasn't tried to retcon him yet

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.