[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: switch eshop.jpg (12 KB, 294x171)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
Is /vp/ going physical or digital for Sword and Shield? I've been trying to go all digital on my Switch, but I own physical copies of every other Pokémon game. I'm not certain if I want to leave that behind.
>>
>>38570555
the cheapest option
>>
>>38570555
im going to download switch and print it out and pay for the game, then play on my pirated switch.
>>
Physical because it's best for long term
>>
Always physical for Pokemon games
>>
>>38570555
Only physical. There's no point in buying a digital console game.
>>
Physical
>>
physical for me
>>
physical

even if i wasn't a physicalfag, i hear about digital save failure way more often than i hear about cartridge save failure. losing my most up-to-date pokémon save would probably destroy my will to keep playing
>>
Physical. Because in case my switch fucks up, or I got no more uses for the game, I can sell it.
>>
>>38570555
Physical
>>
I'm going physical because I have Best Buy Gamer's club 20% off and get $20 back in gift certificates.

Then I'll still end up buying a digital copy to free up the cartridge slot.

Protip: The save data is not stored on the cartridge and if you're going to hack you don't need to buy it.
>>
Physical, just for potential future value if I ever reach a point in my life where I'm looking to sell off my games.
>>
>>38570712
>Best Buy Gamer's club
Where have you been the past year, anon?
>>
File: 010.png (178 KB, 374x376)
178 KB
178 KB PNG
Digital.

I don't have the space anymore to have a female repellent game display anyway.
>>
I’ll probably pirate he digital and buy a physical cart. Basically what I’ve done since the 3ds era.
>>
>>38570555
Physical: Play, get dissapointed, sell it the same week.
>>
Im a fithy pirate. I just hope it leaks early like usual.
>>
Physical so that I can resell it and buy/pirate the third version when it releases.
>>
>>38570555
Physical, duh. Digital vidya on any platform literally only makes sense to the consumer when offered at a lower price to reflect the lesser production+ distribution costs and nonexistent unsold unit liability.

>nintendo digital distribution

Jesus fuck no, not even in 2019.
>>
>>38570555
Physical. Only thing digital I've bought on Switch so far is a Japanese copy of Monster Hunter because it really looked we weren't getting it over here.
>>
>>38570555
Physical. Nothing beats owning a physical copy to add to the collection.
>>
>>38570555
Both
>>
Physical, why the fuck would you ever buy digital when you can avoid it with how bad Nintendo is about it?
>>
A coward pirates a digital copy.
A legend smuggles a physical copy out of Gamestop in their prison wallet
>>
Always physical. I never buy digital games unless they're on sale for less than half price. Digital was the worst idea ever. It's better on switch that ps4 because the game sizes are much smaller on the switch but waiting for a 100gb download on ps4 I could literally go to the gamestop and get the thing and come back and install it faster all while spending less money
>>
File: prha6qbwjy6Pqei64JT-o.gif (599 KB, 300x170)
599 KB
599 KB GIF
>>38570555

Always physical for me because I'm a collector.
>>
why don't switch games save to the cart? it's fucking stupid not to.
>>
File: Screenshot_146.png (479 KB, 466x466)
479 KB
479 KB PNG
>>38570555
>I've been trying to go all digital on my Switch
>>
>>38570652
That's the problem. The switch doesn't save on cart. I'm not risking my pokemon, I am going to hack on of my 3ds and make a backoff of my pokemon. Not sure why I haven't done it already, really.
>>
>>38570555
Digital, switching carts is a dick.
>>
>>38570570
This but also physical for everything else.
Baba is You physical release when?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.