[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: brendan.png (12 KB, 384x384)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
Post opinions most people don't nomally have.
Example: I think Brendan's RS design is his best design.
>>
>>37990879
OP isn't a fag
>>
>>37990879
it is, you're not wrong and I don;'t think that's unpopular
>>
File: op.png (513 B, 89x54)
513 B
513 B PNG
>>37990879
>>37990897
OP...
>>
>>37990879
Transgirls are nice and they should cosplay as Sylveon.
>>
>>37990879
Why is this unpopular? Brendan was ruined by his fuckhuge shoes, skintight clothes and ohmori face.
>>
>>37990879
Not unpopular

Anyway May's ORAS design is shit and I was so disappointed when I saw it.
>>
File: good job.png (7 KB, 336x125)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>37990930
>>
Don’t know if this is unpopular but Hilda would look way better without the ridiculous amount of hair.
>>
>>37990982
you actually went to the effort to photoshop, congrats
>>
>>37990990
that is unpopular, her hair is perfect
>>
>>37990982
this doesn't prove anything tho

it always says (OP) not (you)
>>
>>37990879
Let's Go, Pikachu and Eevee weren't bad at all. Of course they lack some things, but they're comfy and the music is great. I hope for Let's Go, Johto.
>>
>>37990996
it's funny how I didn't, >>37990894 is OP, >>37990897 is me
>>
>>37990879
The only people who like gen 4 started with it
>>
Another one:

The main series art style for human characters is hideous. Certain characters from Gen 5 look good like N and Elesa (BW2) but I'd love it if the Pokemon Conquest artist moved over to the main series.
>>
>>37990879
The reason why 5gen is the worst is not its roaster, it's the plot, a huge amount of text that brings the player nothing except useless lore that will be never reference again and a sore thumb
Fuck team plasma
Fuck N
Fuck the gym leaders
Don''t @ me
>>
>>37991060
based
>>
Agred. ORAS Brendan looks like a malnourished islander. But I actually like Team Aqua and Magmas redesigns. They look much more interesting
>>
>>37991267
May’s clothing looks nice but she herself looks like a skeleton.
>>
>>37991115
Gen 5 is not nearly as good as people make it out to be. More story != Better game
>>
>>37990982
So you're giving yourself away? Do you think we'er that stupid? What a fucking retard faggot.
>>
>>37991464
So you want more remakes
>>
Alright, I'll drop some.

-Gen 4>Gen 5>Gen 2>Gen 7>Gen 6>Gen 3>Gen 1

-There will never be an open world Pokemon game unless GF hands development to another studio.

-Gen 4, though its pacing is ass, has the best soundtrack, content, and mostly some of the best Pokemon designs.

-Gen 7's Pokemon look fucking weird outside of Alola, which, imo, just gives Gen 7 an upper hand for making its Pokemon look unique.

-Objectmons are hit or miss, not one or the other.

-Too many legendaries.

-Mythicals should be caught, not given out, like Gen 2-5.
>>
-Barry is the peak of rivals. He's an absolute dick but manages to have your back.
>>
>unpopular opinion thread
>OP starts it off with a very popular opinion
Every fucking time I swear.
>>
>>37990879
I just like the short sleeves. Looks too hot in that.
>>
>>37991115
>a huge amount of text that brings the player nothing except useless lore that will be never reference again and a sore thumb
That’s literally every gen after 3.
>>
-I haven't hated / strongly disliked any game or gen thus far

-Objectmon have a lot of potential, people just won't give them the chance

-Same for a bunch of non waifubait humanoids

-Pokemon would look fucking horrible with anything other than a cartoony art style, I'm not saying Sword and Shield look amazing, but they do look good imo

-I always appreciate more Pokemon being added with each generation, but people that want 100+ are fucking stupid
>>
>>37990943
Post examples of ohmori face
>>
>>37991469
Calm the fuck down nigger, the cap clearly shows 2 posters, the first one being OP
>>
>>37990879
Megas should either become proper evolutions or be discontinued for good.
>>
>>37993177
OP said unpopular
>>
>>37993463
The popular opinions are "we need more Megas" and "Megas are overdesigned shit". Not "Make them permanent evolutions".
>>
>>37991494
i agree with most of this, i actually liked gen 4's evolution designs and a lot of the new pokemon as well.
>>
Can they not just buff some pokemon base stats instead of giving them mega or second evolution? This is popular one.
IGN was right. 7.8/10, to much water.
>>
File: Emerald_Brendan.png (77 KB, 280x400)
77 KB
77 KB PNG
>>37990897
>>37990943
>>37990969
>>37991267
It's unpopular because Emerald Brendan exist.
>>
Unova Pokedex is trash
>>
>Gens 1, 3, and 5 suffer from quantity over quality in terms of mon designs
>Gens 6 and 7 have the opposite problem where most of the designs are good, but there's so few of them
>Gens 2 and 4 have the "ideal" number, but they also have a ton of babies and new evos
>the best case scenario for Gen 8 would be just over 100 new mons, but not bloated by evos/babies
>>
>>37991535
He's not really a dick just impatient.
>>
Lyra looks extremely goofy to me, Kris was so much better
>>
>>37991494
>There will never be an open world Pokemon game unless GF hands development to another studio.
Good.
>>
>>37990879
Pokémon is a kids game
for kids
>>
>>37990879
> Barry is the best rival.
> Blue is among the worst rivals in the game. If Hugh and the XY crew didn't exist then he would be the worst.
> GSC are the worst games in the series.
> SM are the best games in the series.
> Every new generation has better Pokemon than the last. Gen 1's designs are almost universally mind-numbing in how boring they are with only a few exceptions.
> LGPE were good. I'd play a Let's Go Marill and Togepi.
> Saying that I hate everything they did with wild Pokemon. Random encounters are good.
> IVs, EVs, and natures are good and should stay in the main series.
> But getting what you want should be made easier through a DexNav system or something similar.
> Rocket has never been a good villain team.

Bonus round
> pic lists my favourite Pokemon
@ me
>>
>>37990879
(un)popular opinion: jannies are fucking retarded :^)
>>
>>37995341
Not sure if this is bait or not but I agree with you on each gen having better designs than the last as well as IVs/EVs/natures
>>
>>37995341
hugh is literally the john wick of pokemon, best rival he literally just fucking with them cuz they stole his sisters pokemon, i heard he killed 2 team plasma executives with only a vaniluxe a vaniluxe
>>
>>37995352
Nah it's not bait. I exaggerated how much I care about each of these things for effect but none of them are untrue.

>>37995392
He's Barry with none of the likeability and charm.
>>
>>37990879
It is, that‘s why I always play oras with may.
Now mine:
Lgpe overworld looks exactly how I want hd pokemon be.
If it weren‘t for the retarded go mechanics, and with a dueltower lgpe would be actually a great game
I like the story in gen7 and wished gf wouldn‘t have spoiled lillie‘s relationship to aether from the beginning.
>>
That's not as unpopular as you think anon
>>
>>37991015
It said unpopular opinions
>>
>>37990879
>>37990879
ANY humanoid pokemon should have been deleted during testing. All humanoid pokemon are the worst fucking thing about pokemonmonkey pokemon are fine, just dont fuck them
>>
>>37990879
>Popular
>>37990982
>Autism
Lurk more faggot
>>37991008
Popular
>>37991060
Popular, lots of people think Conquest human design is better.
>>37991494
>Popular
>A lot of veepee believe another studio beside gamefreak should handle pokemon
>Gen 7 pokemon is unique, yes- But divided opinion
>Divided
>Popular
>Popular, Deoxys is STILL fucking mythical is bullshit.
>>37991535
Barry is top 3 among rivals in a lot of people's list
>>37991891
>Popular
>Popular
>Popular
>The pokemon itself, Sword trailer did look good
>Popular
>>37995341
>Not the best, but he's a good one
>Divided
>GSC is is just kano 2.0, even gen 2 babies will say they like hgss more.
>Divided
>Popular, if you take out all KANTOOOO population
>Popular, LGPE sold more than Zelda within 3 months of both release
>Popular, their overworld encounter is unrefined.
>Popular, since gen 7 let us increased IVs value, just the method sucks.
>Popular, best feature of oras that help catch hidden ability or egg move in the wild.
>Rocket is plain yes
>6/6
>>37995348
Popular
>>37995428
>Popular
>Popular
>Popular
>>37993177
>>37993557
>>37994774
Popular- Megas need work, yes.

Where's the contrarian here???
>>
>>37995606
>Popular, lots of people think Conquest human design is better.

Yes but it is unpopular to say the main series designs are hideous
>>
>>37995606
Thanks for your unwanted opinion on half the comments retard
t. None of those were mine
>>
>>37990879
I think all of the pokemon have good designs
>>
The introduction of pokeradar and subsequent similar ideas(hoard battling/SOS battles) ruined a lot of charm in catching pokemon.

The worst of it was in ORAS which gave the DexNav super early and had a fuckton of features to waste your time trying to catch the perfect IV pokemon for an ingame run through, where IVS really don't fucking matter.

It worked in Gen 4 because you only got it postgame.

I hope Sword Shield really expand on the split route designs to add more variety to pokemon available, and allow player to re trek routes and face different pokemon at higher levels.
>>
Gen 7 has the best designs in the series, especially the starters and legendaries.
>>
>People complaining about the new starter designs

Everyone knows the starters are the three worst designs in any region.

Even the Final evolutions have been among the worst of a region since Gen 4 onward
>>
>>37995606
Someone is mistaking "existent" for "popular".

An unpopular opinion doesn't have to be new.
>>
Gen 4 gave the most game changing, well, change to the series with the Physical/Special split.

The remakes got worse in order of being made, FR/LG being the best and OR/AS being the worst.

Alolan Forms should of just been Environmental Forms, allowing for more Pokemon in the future to gain more alternative forms in different regions, including in remakes

Gen 1 had the most believable story and the most interesting way of handling the legendary Pokemon.

The only, truly bad thing about gen 5 is the lack of Flying Types that can make use of Fly in battle.

The biggest issue with HMs is that three of them are Water Type, this is worst before Gen 4 as two of them were vastly worse than Surf.

Trade evolutions should of been scrapped by the time Gen 6 came around as wondertrade (and its previous incarnations) removed the "challenge" and the "bonding between people" that trading represented.

Lycanroc would of made more sense as the Gen 7 Smash Bros newcommer, it was liked more and marketed more, and would of been a very interesting figher, combining a quadruped fighting style with "Earth Bending" attacks.

Pokken could, and should, of lasted longer with more playable Pokemon, including more niche choices such as Breloom, Beedrill, Octillery and Probopass (for example)
>>
>>37996415
I wish they shilled Lycanroc harder lol. I don't mind Incineroar in smash but I agree. It's a shame it didn't even get to be a pokeball summon.
>>
>>37991115
Fucking this.

Plus I find it very hard to explain, but I feel gen 5 just doesn't have the soul, the previous gens have. The games just don't connect with me on any level.
>>
File: don't bully.png (124 KB, 259x367)
124 KB
124 KB PNG
>>37990879
Pokémon following you in SS/HG was cool but it didn't miss me at all
>>
>>37991115
I agree. Sure, Pokemon plots had been getting dumber and dumber as time went on, but BW's plot just SCREAMED "tryhard", and yet so many people laud it as a classic masterpiece. Thank god BW2 came in and turned down the story elements a bit.

I feel like my opinion of BW has retroactively gone up over time after seeing the disasters that were gen 6 and gen 7, but I'll never give even the slightest fuck about the story. Oh, and the Unova region fucking sucks too. It just feels like a theme park on-rails tour instead of an actual living breathing world, more so than even Kalos or Alola in my opinion.
>>
>even though his leggings are kinda weird, I think Nate's design is perfectly fine otherwise, but I HATE Rosa's hair donuts and her stupid skirt thing that wraps around each leg individually, and I hate that she's more popular than Hilda
>ORAS May is superior to RSE May in every way
>game Serena was pretty cool and had a cute design, but anime Serena tainted everything about her, made her look soulless as fuck, gave her an awful haircut, and spawned a never-ending flood of waifu/shipping fags who will never leave the fandom
>why are all my opinions about trainer designs, fuck
>>
>>37990879
I just wanna know what’s with that CRAZY white hair. It just couldn’t POSSIBLY be a hat, now could it?
>>
>>37996717
His eyebrows are black so his hair is black
>>
File: 1533603144738.jpg (106 KB, 686x800)
106 KB
106 KB JPG
Chicken-chan is one of, if not THE worst feMC
>>
>>37997544
Nah that belongs to Rosa and Lyra for being overly
>kawaii Uggu~ desu

I thought moon was cute without being overly anime
>>
>>37997593
Absolutely terrible taste.
>>
>>37991494
Agreed on most though personally I'd put 7 above 2, unless you mean Johto in general vs Alola. Johto is better as a region, but the Gen 2 games are horribly outdated, less than Gen 1 (which is just a buggy mess as it currently stands). HGSS suffer from the same problem Fire Emblem Echoes has, desu, in that the devs were too scared to do a fullly fleshed out reboot and just settled for something like an HD remake, leaving each game's most glaring flaws. Where Echoes suffers from the same terrible maps and lack of weapon triangle from Gaiden, HGSS suffers from many of the same pokemon availability and level curve issues that GSC had.

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.