[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

This is pretty interesting, defensive shield and offensive sword mechanics might be confirmed?
>>
>>37986617
Intredasting
>>
We have a bunch of pokemon that do unique animation when attacking though.
>>
pretty sure it's just supposed to be qn angry triangle eye
>>
>>37986617
So Deoxys
>>
>>37986617
it just looks evil, how else should they give it any expressions you retarded faggots.
>new game mechanics
bwahaha sure for a single pokemon everyone hates.
>>
Considering it’s a shillmon, I wouldn’t be surprised if we got alternate forms.
>>
>>37986617
Meowth's claws break the first time he hits Meltan, they probably just broke because he's fucking metal. And a pokemon getting angry and doing a big attack is fucking standard as hell. Sword and Shield's thing will probably be some kind of attack/defense mode switch thing, but I don't think this anime scene has anything to do with it.
>>
>>37986628
>gen 1 meltan
Okay he is based now
>>
File: DsxS8-4XoAE5QFH.jpg (198 KB, 1200x831)
198 KB
198 KB JPG
>>37986639
This is definitively new tho. Not even Meltan's concept art makes allusion to being able to do that
>>
>>37986681

Could just have been made for the anime, as Sun and Moon uses very expressive animation etc
>>
>>37986617
Aint that just it being angry?
>>
>>37986681
>clearly shows that the eye can transform to show expressions
Did you expect the concept art to show every possible expression?
>>
>>37986617
SWORD AND SHIELD LITERALLY BASED ON AEGISLASH

LITERALLY
>>
>>37986617
Just like the orange shuriken right?
>>
>>37986878
You'd expect the concept art to show if its eye can be used as a physical attack by sharpening it into a blade - that's a fairly oddball detail that I'd expect would need explicit documentation.
>>
>>37986935
That's not what happening in the pics though.
Also not outside what I'd expect from anime-original stuff since its eye is probably some kind of ferrofluid like the rest of its body.
>>
So what you are saying is possibly Meltan is related to Sword and Shield?

Interesting...
>>
>>37986935
It's not using as a weapon, just signifying a mode change.

But I think it's all taken out of context. It could just be angry and the Meowth's claws would just normally break on the metal nut anyway. The eye turning red could just signify an attack is impending, like Mewtwo's eyes glowing.
>>
>>37986617
>anime scene
has a very big chance to be fucking nothing or just a meltan thing, but I hope that this is the gen8 gimmick.
Because anything else will probably be stupid
>>37986926
It could be said that the orange shuriken was a sort of hint for Z-moves
>>
>>37987012
The symbol for sword and shield does kind of work as a representation of mode switching
>>
>>37986617
>defensive shield and offensive sword mechanics
seriously?
>>
File: 1552456084014.gif (494 KB, 500x259)
494 KB
494 KB GIF
>>37986617
>Shield only has defense mode as an option
>Have to buy Sword to use offensive mode or the third version to use both
>>
>>37986681
ouch.. does it hurt?

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.