[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



Assuming your actual location on Earth, what would your team actually be? Given your irl circumstances- that is. What team could you reasonably achieve?
>>
>>37982409
Mew
Arceus
Victini
Palkia
Dialga
Giratina
>>
>>37982409
>doesn't include Japan, the ONE place confirmed to exist
holy stupidity
>>
Clearly water types would be abundant. A nice work in of city mons could be reasonable-

Swampert
Crobat
Mightyena
Ursaring
Gengar
Vileplume
>>
>>37982445
KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
Magikarp
Zubat
Scatterbug
>>
All the pokemon in Orre
>>
I live in north-east Scotland, so I reckon we'd get things like Sawsbuck, a bunch of aquatic-mons, Pelipper/Wingulls. We're also famous for oil and quarrying, so rock, ground, fighting types galore.
>>
File: FHzo8.jpg (232 KB, 1099x1449)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
Bumping with this ;3
>>
>>37982409
That's hard to say because it depends on what I see that day.

Chances are I'd have two growlithe's (if my pets count), if not then lets see.

Politoed/Poliwrath
Swannu (the swan thing I forget its name)
Whiscash or whatever
Wingull
Diggersby/Dugtrio
Persian

I guess that's about right, I'm sure there are tons I'd rather use I'm just not thinking about right now.
>>
>>37982481
Lore-wise,
Scatterbug and Rattata can live in any region, country and etc.
>>
I'm just waiting for the massive ball drop with no Mew in a Guyana region.
>>
>>37982488
I counted my pet- here is my poochyena
>>
File: team.png (81 KB, 856x185)
81 KB
81 KB PNG
>>37982409
This was pretty fun actually. I might use this team at some point.
>>
>>37982481
>>37982488
Wingull-Pelipper would be common and great additions to anybodies team for any reason.
>>
>>37982409
Pidove
Meowth
Grubbin
Cacnea
Durant
Chatot
>>
I live in Oklahoma. I have a young cat and dog, so
>Lillipup
>Glameow
>Psyduck (for all of the ducks and geese near me)
>Miltank (tons of cows everywhere)
>Trubbish (tons of litter near where I live)
>Tailow/Swellow (tons of birds year round, Tailow is close enough to the state bird)
>>
>>37982514
You can't fool me, that's a houndoom.
>>
>>37982573
>>37982583
Here is my glameow and poochyena- my family wouldn’t let me ad glameow to my team
>>
It'd be neat if we could make a map of what pokemon would live in our countries.
>>
File: STRAYA.png (93 KB, 876x199)
93 KB
93 KB PNG
>>37982409
g'day cobbers!
>>
A team full of Persian
ha!
>>
>>37982583
He is lab mix- he is not evil bully like houndooms are- hes extremely loyal-type and protective.
>>
>>37982619
Virginia would be nothing but Ursarings, Durants, and Lycanroc.
>>
>>37982619
You could just look up Pokemon by habitat and figure out where they would all live in the real world.
>>
File: bear lands.png (1.19 MB, 1099x1449)
1.19 MB
1.19 MB PNG
>>37982486
More like this.
>>
Metro Vancouver area
>Zigzagoon
>Murkrow
>Wingull
>fucking pikachu and rattata everywhere
>could go north to catch teddiursa/ursaring
>stantler and deerlings
>tons more birds
>Wishiwashi, octillery, tentacool and so on
>>
>>37982667
Fuck i want Pineco now
>>
>>37982409
>tfw no black bear or panther pokemon
Feraligatr
Sharpedo
Tirtouga
Deerling
Zigzagoon
Sandshrew
>>
File: 1546399651891.jpg (25 KB, 457x322)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
>>37982661
>add in wimpod for the silverfish in my Bathroom
Nice, he'd be hard to catch
>>
>>37982409
>Aztec
>Covering all of Mexico

Retard

Culturally speaking, the region that contained the Aztec/Maya and related civilizations is called Mesoamerica, and covers the bottom 2/3's of mexico and the Yucatan peninsula. The top 1/3 of Mexico is more culturally similar with southwest native american tribes, though it's sort of a mix; with it being called Aridoamerica and most notable SW tribes being in a specific part of it called oasisamerica (central america, in this context, exclusively refers to the tribes BENEATH mesoamerican civilizations, so past the Yucatan to colombia)

Mesoamerica itself is further split up, usually into something like this (see pic related)

- Central, which includes the modern day states of Mexico, Puebla, Tlaxcala, Morelos, Hiladogo, etc, and was ome to a variety of important states: Teotihuacan, the largest city in the americas during the Mesoamerican classic period, and in the top 5 or 10 in the world at it's height at 500AD, was there, and had far reaching political and cultural influence all across Mesoamerica, the later Toltecs in the early postclassic, and finally, was the seat of Aztec power, as it was where the aztec empire's core, ethnically Nahua cities were, during the latepostclassic, who, like Teotihuacan, had political influiuence far past central mesoamerica

- Oaxaca/Guerrero: Home to a few cultures and civilizations, but most notably the Zapotec, who were one of the more notable civilizations during the preclassic and classical period alongside teotihuacan and the maya, and the Mixtec, who were around from the classic all the way to the late postclassic but were most promemniant in the early postclassic alongside the Toltec, when a noble named 8-Deer-Jaguar-Claw from a particular Mixtec city, got assmad at his ruling city's ruler for cucking him out of his wife/sister, and got blessings from toltec lords and conquiered and unified nearly the entire mixtec area into an empire

1/2
>>
File: IMG_7159.jpg (30 KB, 660x147)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>37982409
>all these animals in the thread

a team I could probably dredge up would be as follows
>trubbish
because there always seems to be trash laying around somewhere
>Skarmory
because the military and airport is always flying shit in the air every day, and there's no way with how inefficient the military is that they wouldn't miss a few of their pokemon or some eggs yhey'd stash on some rooftop
>rattata
holy shit there's a ton of mice and rats here
>hypno
CIA FBI NSA MK ULTRA. all the acronym things are here, and i'm sure they'd love pokemon research into turning frogs gay. they'd probably miss a few hypno same as air force'd miss a fee skarmory
>Claydol
lots of museums around here. i wouldn't be surprised if they accidently had a pokemon or teo in their exhibits

you read through this, you probably can guess where I live
washington, D.C.
>>
>>37982726
>though it's sort of a mix
Stopped reading there.
>>
Starmie
Tsareena
Butterfree
Blaziken
Lopunny
Pidgeot
>>
File: US Map.png (150 KB, 1048x1336)
150 KB
150 KB PNG
>>37982619
I did a really really base version of everywhere I've lived, so maybe some people will add to it.
>>
>>37982747
The Florida sea route in this map looks intense.
>>
Central MN
Murkrow
Gyarados
Aridos/Galvantula
Aritcuno/Froslass

Not sure what else without just being some fuckin water trainer.
>>
>>37982710
Actually, I'll throw Politoed in to replace Sharpedo since it seems a little more reasonable.
>>
File: 1526839055391.gif (1.83 MB, 288x377)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB GIF
>>37982728
>and i'm sure they'd love pokemon research into turning frogs gay.
I'd travel any distance to fight for helpless Pokemon!
>>
>>37982747
Where's Magikarp?
Where's Scatterbug?
>>
>>37982726
>>37982409
cont:

>Gulf Coast
The gulf coast area has a long history in Mesoamerica. THe Olmec, the first complex civilization in the region, had thir origins here, and it was as such the most important place in Mesoamerica during the mid to mid-late preclassic (the early preclassic is before civilization comes up). THe olmec would be succeeded by the Epi-olmec, and evolution of their culture, and then the Classic Veracruz in the classical period, and finally, the Totonac and Huastecs during the postclassic, though how much the olmec/epi-olmec, the classic vercruz, and the totonac had to do with one another is up in the air

>Western
Western Mesoamerica is the most culturally isolate part of the region: Technically, it had it's own indepedent development of complex culture from the Olmec in the Capacha culture, but it is unclear how much this led and contrivbuted to it's city-states and empires vs how much came from influence from the rest of Mesoamerica. In any case, West Mexico developed slower, seeing fewer urban, state level cultures then the rest of mesoamerica untill the late classic/early postclassic, though there were a few before then (such as in Colmia, and some less then urban/state, but still complex ones like Teuchitlan tradition). In the postclassic, had a ton of scattrered indepedent city-states, and the Purepecha/Tarascan Empire, the biggest state in Mesoamerica after the Aztec and who BTFO'd multiple Aztec invasions

>Yucatan
Home of the Maya, the Yucatan can really easily be divided furhter into the Lowland and Highland Maya or even further, as "Maya" is a huge broad category. While the Maya didn't develop into a true civilization till after the Olmec, either due to olmec influence or both devloping together, the Maya had been around since around 2000 BC, and this region is qas such the longest culturally congrous part of mesoamerica, since the Maya stuck around under native city-states all the way till 1697, when the last one fell.

2/2
>>
>>37982738
Why?

North Mexican tribes are culturally pretty clearly a mix between Mesoamerican cultures and US southwest ones: You see both Mesoamerican and Southwest motifs on their pottery, etc.
>>
>>37982826
Not included like many others, especially Bug Types. There just isn't enough room on the map, so I just put the ones I personally saw the most, or happen to be the most annoying (such as fucking Buzzswole).
>>
Winnipeg, Manitoba

Swanna
Sawsbuck
Bibarel
Zigzagoon
Bouffalant
Honedge because you get stabbed
>>
File: IMG_7161.jpg (196 KB, 750x1151)
196 KB
196 KB JPG
>>37982744
holy fuck is all that mustard yellow in Luzon really human settlement and urban?
we have a fucking environmental problem
>>
>>37982871
If Pokémon were real, you've have to deal with Scatterbug, Magikarp and Rattata since they can pretty much anywhere on earth, lore-wise.
>>
>>37982726
>>37982835
>>37982844
>Gulf Coast is Mesoamerica
Aztec and Southwest is separated for a reason- some of which you have stated.

You dont actually think bayou country was Olmec, do you?
>>
>>37982409
That map should have the area between Muscovy and Asia Minor called Caucasus, the place between Guinea and Congo called Cameroon and a lot of the areas in europe can be combined, no reason there are so many compared to other areas.
>>
>>37982486
there's a disgusting lack of bidoof and sawsbuck in canada
>>
Alberta, Canada. I go fossil hunting often.
I'd probably have Kabuto / omanyte.
>>
File: team.jpg (31 KB, 857x198)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
>>37982409
>>
>>37982409
Mostly insect mons, but there are quite a few rabbits, deer, hawks, and other things that live in my general area. Not too far from a power substation either which would probably mean electric types.
>>
>>37982898
I'm aware anon, but again I rarely see rats, I know they're around here, my dogs have brought me rats and mice before, but I don't see them very often. I see more wasps than I do butterflies and rats. Especially Magikarp, it's a goldfish, it may be everywhere, but I don't see fish regularly. Such as when I lived in Florida, I saw far more turtles, mosquitos, and gators than I did anything else. Also again, it's a tiny map with minimal effort, I can't stuff 40 bug pokemon on every square inch.
>>
File: 1510190196679.jpg (240 KB, 1440x774)
240 KB
240 KB JPG
>>37982927
Thats cool you have profession too anon
>>
>>37982409
I live in the city. Murkrow would be my shouldermon, Bisharp would be my ace, and I’d have 4 Scrafty robbing white folks for me.
>>
>>37982927
I remember years ago going to Drumheller. I'd love to go there and see the museum again.
>>
>>37982942
Rattata isn't a Rat. It's a mouse Pokémon species and Magikarp can live in any kind of water, even poison water.
>>
>>37982409
Kentucky, so....

Sableye; since its based on a KY Cryptid
Crobat; Caves. We have caves and bats.
Blaziken; Fried Chicken. Out of ideas.
Mudsdale; Horse Racing
Sawsbuck; Deer. They're everywhere..
Torkoal; We...have coal.

Fuck my state is boring. Ran out of ideas.
>>
>>37983042
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_habitat
>>
>Central PA
lol I have no fuckin clue, Stantler maybe?
>>
File: Capture.png (89 KB, 882x185)
89 KB
89 KB PNG
Middle of nowhere
>>
>>37982918
Not the entire north american gulf coast you dumbass, the part of it labeled as such inside >>37982726, or in this image
>>
>>37983038
Ok, doesn't defeat my point, you're taking this a tad too seriously my dude.
>>
northern michigan, but not north enough to be in the UP

>murkrow
there's a fuckload of crows here, and they're annoying bastards
>sawsbuck
deer are everywhere, you can go for a walk on any given night and you're practically guaranteed to see one
>vivillon
lots of butterflies here in summer, especially monarchs
>trevenant
there's just woods everywhere, bound to be a few haunted trees in there somewhere
>seismitoad
toads are just all over the place, i find them in my backyard all the time
>stoutland
fucking everyone has dogs where i live, there's someone walking their dog down the street at any given moment
>>
SoCal anon here
Probably something like
>Ludicolo line
>Cactus mons (Cacnea line, maractus)
>Fish mons
>Darmanitan line?
>Possibly golurk line from natives
>Xatu
>Tauros/Miltank
>Mudbray
I would probably have a Tauros because my family has a strong cowboy tradition. Idk though I might go for a more chill lotad.
>>
>>37982409
American Southeast, so similar to Unova but a lot more plants and rain, more flowers, swamps, islands and mountains where I live specifically. I'm not going to speculate beyond that because it's a place not covered by a pokemon game, we see from Gen 1-4 that wildly different pokemon can live in relatively close places, so the pokemon in NC could have little crossover from thes in NY. Braviary is a must, though.
>>
>>37982486
Heh, that's pretty cool
They put a Venasaur in my little third world country
>>
>>37983091
So you’re saying olmecs went that far north? Sorry Paco- they didn’t.
>>
>>37983042
As a fellow Kentucky fag let me add to your list a bit. We have plenty of natural cave systems and the Appalachian mountains so we’re likely to find plenty of things like geodude, onix, probably roggenrolla too considering it’s in the USA along with unova. By that token we probably get woobat too.

Mudsdale is a draft horse so we would have it on farms along with things like toros and miltank but if we’re talking race horses I imagine that’s most likely going to be rapidash. Esepecially if we get some kind of regional variant with higher base speed and a type more condsive to being ridden.

We have plenty of fossil beds here in the Ohio river valley so cradily, Omanite, Kabuto are pretty safe bets. I don’t think we have many terrestrial fossils though.
We have a shit load of lakes and rivers so just about any non ocean fish is likely to be on the table.

We’d have a pretty sweet hook up on ghost Pokémon with the waverly hills sanitarium
>>
>>37982409
Kommo-o
Oranguru
Lurantis
Mantine
Sharpedo
Wailord
>>
File: 1535955383363.gif (61 KB, 900x363)
61 KB
61 KB GIF
>>37983231
forgot pic
>>
>>37982747
>Skip NC entirely for SC
Man, those Antebellum and Civil War memories sure keep that place alive in people's minds despite its utter irrelevance nowadays.
>>
File: Idaho team.jpg (30 KB, 858x192)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
Here's mine.
>>
>>37982409
>Rochester, NY
>Wartortle due to Genesee River
>Garbodor because garbage plates and also the city
>Snover because it fucking snows half the year
>Porygon because RIT/UoR
>Aron for industry
>something to do with flowers, maybe Floette
>>
>>37983240
>>37983231
My condolences.
>>
>>37983080
Actually fuck it, decided to give it a shot.
>Blastoise
Turtles all around the PA waterways.
>Breloom
PA mushroom production, especially in Chester County.
>Ursaring
barrs (black bears, but still)
>Sawsbuck
White-tails
>Steelix
Combination of Appalachians/Allegheny and the old steel production.
>Trumbeak
Woodpeckers (there’s obviously no native toucans in PA, hence why not evolved fully)
One other meme mention
>Yanmega and Scolipede
Carboniferous Period (Pennsylvanian)
Fossils also work, but I couldn’t really find a Pokémon to encapsulate the gas industry in the Marcellus Shale.
>>
File: Ax01308.jpg (244 KB, 1500x969)
244 KB
244 KB JPG
>>37983210
Are you being intentionally dense? I'm saying "gulf coast" in a mesoamerican context means the area marked "costa del golfo" in >>37982726 and >>37983091, which IS where the Olmec were

My entire point of posting all this is to point out how the Aztec/Maya/Mesoamericans did not occupy all of what's now mexico at once
>>
>>37982726
It's apparently based on some shit from Pokemon GO or something, Paco.
>>
>>37982835
And through all that they never developed metal tools and stayed in the stone age.
>>
>>37982486
>>37982667
No, THIS is how you fix it
>>
>>37983462
That Snorlax needs to extend down to Mexico, they have even higher obesity rates.
>>
>>37982486
Too many areas ignored.
>>
File: 1552625649072.png (6 KB, 600x600)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
>>37982409
I made a simple region map based on where I grew up to give my team some context:
>rural starter town
>forested mountain range to the east
>expansive coast to the west
>desert to the southeast
>big southern city
So here's my team:
Leafeon - eevee is nice common starter, evolved in the nearby forest
Magneton - I work in an industrial area, magnemites are everywhere
Relicanth - fished out of one of the many high mountain lakes
Dragalge - plentiful when diving in the kelp forest along the coast
Elgyem - found in the desert that everyone says a ufo crashed in
Porygon - spent too much time in an arcade trying to win this
>>
File: haymaker.png (194 KB, 1360x428)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
Austral (Argentina)

>Chesnaught (Glyptodon)
>Staraptor (Caracara)
>Empoleon (Penguin)
>Manetric (Maned wolf)
>Aurorus (Amargasaurus)
>Miltank (Cows)


If it's just my city (Buenos Aires) then

>Sceptile (fully evolved Treecko + trees)
>Staraptor (Caracara)
>Tornadus T (Storms and monk parakeets)
>Scrafty (Thugs)
>Buzzwole (Late summer Mosquitoes)
>Gardevoir (Trannies and homos)
>>
File: mesoamerican city sizes.jpg (1.88 MB, 1585x4078)
1.88 MB
1.88 MB JPG
>>37983437
That's incorrect.

They weren't "stone age": To begin with, they actually did develop Bronze tools and metallurgy. Secondly, and more importantly, the Stone Age, Bronze Age, and Iron age aren't stages all cultures progress through linearly, they are merely names we assign to specific periods of Eurasian history; and because most people are familar with European history and development they assume that all cultures went through or were going through the same thing, which is incorrect.

As an example, while the Mesoamericans had bronze, they usually only used it for ceremonial stuff, since they had a huge, readily available source of obsidian, which is way sharper then metal edges can ever get to begin with. And even Spanish conquistadors largely gave up their steel armor due to hot and humid the climate was: So if they lived in an envoirment where metal armor was too hot to use effectively, and already had a material sharper then steel, why would they pursue widespread metal tools when they didn't need the higher durability metal offered over obsidian, since there wasn't metal armor obsidian would shatter against?

Also, in general, it's just fucking stupid to use the materials used for tools as the sole indicator for technological capabilities and advancement: A culture can be behind in one area but on par or ahead in others, and sometimes stuff isn't linear: You see some (but not as many as people meme about) regression in europe after the fall of rome, for example.

. For example, for the Aztec, they'd stack up like this:

>Stone age: Watercraft/Naval technology
>Bronze age: Mathematics, Military organization, Economics, Metallurgy
>Classical Antiquity: City Sizes (pic related) Political systems, Water management systems The Arts & Intellectualism
>Ahead of 16th century contemporary Europe: Sanitation/Hygine, Medicine, Botany, Agriculture

For that last set of stuff they were ahead of europe at, see https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1805201/
>>
>>37982455
Mittenbro here, I think all your picks would be achievable. I definitely picture myself ending up with a Gengar as well, what better place to find Ghost-types than the state that houses the city of Hell?

My team would probably look like:
>Squirtle starter
A snapping turtle ended up in my pool when I was 10 and there are a billion turtles here
>Gastly first catch
I broke a mirror exploring a creepy old house with my best friend that following autumn -- this one is more personal than location-based, but I justify with the reasons above and it was a REALLY creepy house
>Mareep second catch
I went to a farm hand summer camp from ages 12-16, took care of many animals but a lamb named Pillows is the one I remember most fondly

And then a few 'mons just picked up from common animals around the state
>Taillow seems like a pretty common bird for a waterfront area
>Snover from any of the snow-coated pine forests that surround my home
>Scraggy definitely would be catchable in the alleys of Detroit

Pretty happy with this team, could even catch a Crawdaunt or a Bibarel, and Sawsbuck would be all over the place in every season
>>
i think the best pokemon would be in new zealand
>>
File: IMG_9310.jpg (23 KB, 640x473)
23 KB
23 KB JPG
Tauros
Sandslash
Noivern
Clawitzer
Rotom-M
Blaziken
>>
>>37983613
They produced bronze only as a show piece. They never adopted metal tools into actual common use, stunting their growth forever.
>Your examples
The 'ahead of europe' bit is complete bunk and you know it, the product of Victorian memes about their ancestors being savages. Your article is a bunch of cherrypicking and fluffing. More advanced in botany and agriculture? Only on their native crops, in their native environment. Overall the Europeans did it much better, and the whole fucking sanitation bit is founded on those 'they threw shit in the street and never bathed' myths that have been roundly debunked by everyone. And medicine, EVERYONE has herbal remedies. They knew nothing of old world anatomical and medical studies, that the Europeans had largely adapted from the Arabs and Indians, yes, but they had them. A fucking article is never taken as fact, and you need to take care to remember that. An anthropologist specializing in Aztecs is going to be woefully remiss when it comes to Europeans. As for size, who cares? Stuffing a bunch of bodies together doesn't mean shit for your technological development.
>>
>>37983613
I'd love to see some peer review on that link, it's written way more like an opinion piece than anything truly scholarly.
>>
my parents definitely would have bought me a starter but I barely go outside so I wouldn’t have used it much and not caught anything else
>>
>>37983613
Lol thank you based history anon that's really interesting. I knew about the obsidian thing but didn't really consider how fuckin uncomfortable steel would be even if they had made it. Macuahuitls were noted by the Spaniards to nearly be able to slice the heads off horses which is pretty cool. But in general yeah it seems weird to pretend the aztecs were uncivilized when it's very clear they were and there was a lot of interesting shit developed by them. It was a brutal culture but it was not a primitive one lol.

>>37983652
Also should probably give explanations, Texasfag here:
> Tauros
Duh.
> Sandslash
Armadillos.
> Noivern
Texas has the most bat species of any US state.
> Clawitzer
Guns and shrimp seems pretty Texan to me.
> Rotom-M
Mowing grass I guess.
> Blaziken
It's a farm animal and I feel you need a fire type for Texas.
>>
>>37983684
There's a difference between being in the stone age and being uncivilized, anon. One is about technological development, the other is effectively cultural.
>>
>>37983656
Actually, no, i'm not basing on the "europeans were dirty as fuck lmao" memes, i'm basing it on the fact that the Aztec and related Mesoamerican groups were some of the most autistically hygine obessed people in fucking history, And you pretty obviously didn't read it

>More advanced in botany and agriculture? Only on their native crops, in their native environment.
> And medicine, EVERYONE has herbal remedies.

I said that on the basis of the fact that the Aztec had what was essentially a proto-taxonomic system for plant categorization, as well as the world's first true bonotanical gardens, True, as in, they were made not just for stocking herbs or for simple recreation, but for actual active emulation of specific biomes/ecological spheres, breeding, and research work. We have some surviving Aztec botanical encyclopedias as well.

This also ties into the matter that, due to the lack of large domesticated mammals to use as foodstuffs, the majority of the Mesoamerican diet was crop based. So there was a much larger emphasis on caretaking for cops (complex agricultural canal/watering systems and water mangement systems in general were developed and advanced very early in Mesoamerican history relative to in eurasia: They went from their first cities to having full interconnected agricutlral canal-,resvoir, dam, and sewage sytems which tied into plumbing and running water in buildings in under 1000 years) and coming up with unique agricultural techniques (such as chinampas) as well as cultivars with selective breeding. It's not a coincidence that such a huge proportion of the world's most staple ingredients and rops today come from Mesoamerica.

>>37983669
Not sure I'll be able to give you precisely what you want, but let me reply to this other anon first.

>>37983688
No serious anthropologists or archeologists takes the 3 ages system seriously in reference to Precolumbian societies, and even for African and Far eastern ones it's really iffy:
>>
>>37983688
Honestly I'm just here reading I won't pretend to understand the minutiae of it, it's just cool to me.
>>
>>37982445
>France and Bongland don't exist
Unovan education hard at work.
>>
>>37983699
You said that on the basis of a lack of knowledge of European technology. You are clearly very obsessed with the Aztecs, but you continuously act Europeans were somehow technologically deficient. You clearly don't have the knowledge to make these comparisons. The Europeans did not study plants? Or have advanced gardens? They were not clean? They did not have cultivars? I mean hell, I'm not a botanist and I can point out how Europeans bread every brassica vegetable from the fucking wild mustard plant. But what you do know is that your Aztecs would never advanced to a European level, or beyond, without applying their metallurgy for anything but show.
>>
>>37983699
>>37983656
Cont:

>and the whole fucking sanitation bit is founded on those 'they threw shit in the street and never bathed' myths that have been roundly debunked by everyone.

As I said, my statement was not based on this, but based on the fact that the Aztec, the captial in particular, probably had some of the most extreme sanitation practices on the planet untill germ theory became a thing.

As the paper notes, the goverment had a class of civil officials whose job was to sweep streets and wash buildings on a dailyt basis, as well as to collect waste: There were toilets stationed in what were basically outhouses all along the city's roads, as well as in noble homes and palaces. some areas of the city likely had some degree of sewage systems, as we see underground pipes at the ruins of the main temple, but the outhouses basically stored the waste (some sources indicate urine was filtered down through layers of gravel and left to sterlize like modern septic systems, but others do not mention this; some also incidate at least some others expelled the urine out into the lake system via sewage lines rasther then storing it), which was then collected and reused as dye and fertliizer.

Commoners were expected to be clean shaven, with washed faces and teeth, at all times, and bathed (via sauna like steam bathes, roots and leaves from specific plants were used to make soap) on a regular basis, while upper clases did so daily or multiplle times a day. I could go on and the article does, but bottom line it cannot be overstated the degree to which hygine was valued as a social norm.

In fact, it wasn't JUST a social norm, but a cosmological need. You probably know the Aztec thought the world would end people weren';t sacrificed. What you may not know is that this ties into a wider metaphyical philosophical framework some of their philsophers and theologians worked with tinvolving something called Teotl, which is basically just Spinozan metaphysics

2/?
>>
>>37983735
Again, you continuously make it clear you don't actually know anything about the Europeans. Many of their cities had people who collected human waste for usage elsewhere, there were entire industries built around it. The Romans had toilets, and a sort of outhouse was standard in the Middle Ages when space was available, otherwise there was a dedicated bathroom. They had sewers, many of them are incredibly famous like the ones in Paris. And you should know that Europeans bathed in public baths and private tubs, using animal fat soap. As for being clean shaven, amount of facial hair isn't a mark of true cleanliness, but style. Your whole bit is to wax on about things the Aztecs did, with the subtext of 'look at these things the Europeans didn't do', yet here just about everything you said was something Europeans absolutely did do.
>>
>>37982461
Also Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh you fucking mouth-breather
>>
>Northern Italy/Southern Switzerland

This is the most diverse team I could think of (and with mons I like) that could fit in the landscape.

>Charizard
Many rocky mountains, and a classical european dragon fits well in the landscape.

>Roserade
There are many flowery valleys with lots of very clear lakes sprinkled around.

>Milotic
The many lakes (most likely the hidden ones in caves at high altitude) would probably be full of feebases.

>Glaceon
It's weird that there are not many ice pokemon that fit with the alps, I think a snow fox it's the most fitting one. Either that or an abomasnow/avalugg.

>Lycanroc
The mountain wolf is Italy's national animal, and the alps/appennini are full of them.

>Absol
It lives in the mountains and comes down to warn people in towns of dangers, I think it's fitting. Or maybe it's too eastern-looking?
>>
>>37983735
>>37983656
>>37983699
cont:

Essentially, the idea is that everything in the universe/world/whatever is made up of a fundamental force of teotl, moving and interacting in different ways (there are outright specific mechanics as far as what sorts of teotl movement form and cause different things) to make different things and natural systems (the gods, in this framework, were not literal animate entities, but the processes and forces they represented, and thereby also teotl)

In their creation myth, humans and the current world were made through the self sacrifice of the gods. In other words, teotl was being given up by natural forces to sustain and give form to the world and humanity. Sacrifices, by extension, are returning the teotl back by inverting it: The maize god, xipe totec, had sacrifices where people would be skinned, inverting the process of husking maize to feed people, to husking peopole to feed maize. In other words, it's keeping the natural balance of Teotl.in order.

It wasn't JUST lack of sacrifices that cause teotl entropy. called: Tlazolli: Tlazolli also litterally meant "dirt" or "filth", both morally and litterally. The mere act of breaking moral codes, or leaving shit untidy or unhygineic, was thought to break down teotl the same way not sacrificing people did, but on smaller scales, such as causing misfortune.

So they (or, rather, this particular view/framework some of their philsophers used, the layman commoner would think of gods as gods) litterally thougbht that not being autistically clean would break down the fabric of reality.

>And medicine, EVERYONE has herbal remedies. They knew nothing of old world anatomical and medical studies, that the Europeans had largely adapted from the Arabs and Indians, yes, but they had them.

And if you read the paper, you would know that it was not merely herbal remedies, but an empirical approach to medicine and treatment in general, whivch IS relatively unique for the time period.

3/?
>>
>>37982409
baltic are slavs?

die.
>>
>>37983848
>>37983735
>>37983699
>>37983656
cont:

Studies have backed up that upwards of 80% of the medical treatments we have in Aztec herbals and medical guides would have been medically effective. There's also the matter, of, again, the bonotanical categorization and breeding going on was on another level here. And as the paper notes, there were outright state ran hopsitals., potentially with mandatory quarantines of sick individuals. Cortes and other Spainiards not themselves in their accounts that Aztec doctors were superior to those in Spain at the time.

>As for size, who cares? Stuffing a bunch of bodies together doesn't mean shit
Being able to support a high amount of people in a single place DOES mean something, assuming the quality of life isn't dropping dramatically as population density goes up. Mesoamerican cities weren't just a bunch of people cramped in huts, they were urban metropolises: They had palaces, temples, marketplaces, plazas, gardens, roads, etc, with smooth stone and stucco/painted surfaces, murals, frescos, stuff like fine cloithes, pottery, and sculptures in public places and in higher quality residences, and as mentioned, there was a high degree of access to clean water, cleanliness, etc.

Obviously, pretty much every urban, state society has this, but when you combine this WITH the exceptional population size, as well as the physical expansie of the city, Yes, Tenochtitlan is notable, one of the biggest in the world at thwe time, and it's not like Tenochtitlan was the only actual city" Teotihuacan was from 1000 years before Tenochtitlan/the Aztec, and was litterally larger then imperial rome in expanse, and had all of it's citizens living in well furnished, multi-room stone complexes, which had running water and plumbing, painted frescos, etc. Granted, Teotihuacaan is also exceptional, but even an average Mesoamerican city had like 15,000 to 20,000 people, putting it on par with early classical antiquity

4/?
>>
>>37983872
>>37983848
>>37983735
>>37983699
>>37983656
cont:

That being said, it IS worth noting that Mesoamerican cities tended to be laid out differently then Eurpoean ones: Europeans cities had a clear start and end point, with a dense collection of buildingside inside the bounds of a city, then a relatively clear cutoff where the city's walls were. By contrast, Mesoamerican cities, did have a dense urban core with communal structures, palaces, noble homes, markets, etc, which would be smaller then the total area of european cities of comparable total size, but then there was a suburban sprawl radiating out from the urban core, with minature cores of smaller temples, marketplaces, plazas, and then this sprawl would gradually trail off in density, and would extend for much further space then in european cities.

In extreme cases, such as for at least some Maya cities (this is recent research based on LIDAR scans), this sprawl could extend out for hundreds of square miles, as seen in pic related.

>>37983730
I don't know why you keep projecting this idea that I think europeans were some backwards hicks or some shit. I'm not claiming that. What I AM claiming is that the Aztec's horticultural prowress and complexity, as well as their sanitatiojn practices, were particularly developed even relative to much of europe at the time, and to the best of my knowedge, that is true. No shit europeans developed tons of cultuvairs, but they did not have literal, damn near taxonomic categorizational systems, nor did they have true botanical gardens, nor did fucking 95+% of their diet come solely from crops: In fact, much of european botoanical science, and their bontinical gardens made then in the following ceturies is seriously considered to be partially informed by Aztec botanical encyclopedias and descriptions of imperial gardens by Conquistadors

5/?
>>
>pokemon based on where you live thread
>half of it is posts about natives
>>
>>37983902
>>37983872
>>37983848
>>37983735
>>37983699
>>37983656
Cont:

>>37983755
Again, I am not claiming europeans didn't do those things. I am very much aware that the idea that they were going months without bathing and were smelly as fuck and shit is a meme: In fact, the idea that the Aztec followed the Conquistadors around with perfume/incense to hide their smell is also a meme: Rather, it seems to have been a general tradition duiring diplomatic and pother ceremonial meetings. At the same time, however, we know from Spanish accounts that by their standards, Msoamerican cities, ESPECIALLY tenochtitlan, as welll as the people, were more well kept then what they were used to in euirope.

Yes, the romans had flush toilets,as did others, and yes, to an extent there was re-use of waste for dyes and ferltiizers in europe, But all of those things mentioned were not ALL done at once in a combined system/framework to the same extent, not to where it was a state managed insiuttional practice. I'll concede I don't know the specifics of how often europeans bathed during the classical and medivial periods, but I'm pretty sure it was not multiple times a week unless the person was doing dirty work.

That being said, it IS absolutely my understanding that a lot of european cities were pretty poorly maintained when it came to their streets, trash, garbage, etc, and stunk pretty bad, which was obviously not the case in Mesoamerican ones (I forgot to mention that Aztec cities had strategically placed gardens in communal spaces, in open air courtyards in noble homes, and around temples to mask smells, and even used aroamtic wood in construction for this reason), and that, while some cities had sewage systems, many did not and just had waste thrown about. If my understanding is incorrect, feel free to drop some resources
>>
>>37983669
Okay,, so I don't have time to give you a whole bunch of other papers for each specific claim, but I'll do my best to drop more papers when UI have them on hand.

Firstly, I don't know why you say it's like an opinion piece: It's clearly an actual formal scholararly paper, you sure you looking at the right thing? Beyond that, there's really nothing in that paper other then references and citations of other studies for stuff like specific estimations of the amount of waste produced etc; that's not fairly common knowledge when it comes to aztec horticultural and public health systems. I hate to just handwave it, but stuff like streets and buildings being washed daily, bathing being regular, etc is like, mentioned everywhere, and while the horticultural system stuff is less common, any actual place talking about aztec botony or horticulure does mentuion this stuff.

I could easily drop like 5-10 links with the same information (such as http://www.mexicolore.co.uk/aztecs/aztefacts/aztec-pleasure-gardens for the botoany stuff), but I doubt you'd take it any more seriously thent his. So instead, i'm going to suggest you just check out some primary sources. The citations in the paper already list them, but you'll wanna check out:

- Bernal DIaz de Castillo's a True History of the Conquest of New Spain
- Cortes's Letters
- The History of the Indies of New Spain by Diego duran
- General History of the Things of New Spain by Bernardino de Sahagun

This is a very solid, core set of primary/secondary sources. They aren't perfect: Cortes's letters are him trying to justify his actions to the King of Spain, so he often paints himself as a victim/noble, doing things to help spain, and making the natives look worse, Bernal Diaz is trying to glorify himself similarly, and Diego Duran and Sahagun are both friars, who, while heavily leaning on native sources, still have their own biases and the native sources do as well.

1/2
>>
>mfw I live in the most ecologically boring country in Europe
We got small rodents, small birds, small birds of prey, fucktons of gulls ands pigeons and corvids (except ravens), small frogs and toads, non-venomous pussy adders, and standard fare insects, at least none of the dangerous ones.
Oh, and deer, foxes, hares, rabbits and boars, so that's nice. And wolves have been invading from Germany.
>>
>>37984000
at least the pussy isn't venomous
>>
>>37984010
Correction, the adders are venomous. They're just too much of a bitch to bite anything that isn't some kind of mouse. I've seen one in the wild twice and both times they immediately fucked off.
I also think we have some lizards but I never saw any in the wild.
>>
>>37983669
>>37983980
cont:

I sadly don't have suggestions for you for stuff to read that goes over the errors and bias issues that do exists with them, but I DO have suggestions on which translations to read for Bernal Diaz's A true History and Cortes's letters.

For the letters, the Morris 1928 translation is the more traditional translation, while the 1986 revised edition of the 1971 translation by Pagden is a more modern translation and is unabridged.

For Bernal Diaz's,The main english translation of the original guatamalan document is the Maudsley 1908 translation. There' s an abirdgement of this, but it cuts out everything after the surrender of the last Aztec emperor, excluding the aftermath, the torture and death of said emperor, and the camapigns against other political states in the region.

So if you DO want an abridgement rather then an unadbridged, the best one so I have heard is the 2008 version by Carrasco, which keeps those missing chapters and also includes some essays.

As far as Duran and Sahagun's works, the translation options are far more limited, and pretty much the least expensive english versions you can find on amazon are what you want, though a complete set of Sahagun's work, even for the cheapest copies, will still run you a few hundred dollars, so you are best off just buying the specific volumes that have the info you want, which you can probably figure out yourself by checking here: https://uofupress.lib.utah.edu/?s=Florentine+Codex

Anyways, i've uploaded the Carrasco's translation of Bernal Diaz, and the Padgen translation of cortes's letters in this rar, and i've always thrown in a few studies on various mesoamerican water mangement shit: filedropper DOT com SLASH mesoshit

I also run this mega full of resources with another anon, though the collection of stuff that rar came from i've yet to upload to the mega, but it'll get on there eventually: https://mega.nz/#F!vtQ2EIKK!Z7R8gN5vTsfalKDn18jOmw

2/2
>>
I’m a kansan boy with a lake nearby and forest
>>
i live in brazil and have a dog and a turtle so i guess..
Toucannon, Lycanroc, Squirtle, Heracross, Alolan Exeggutor, Serperior
>>
>>37982409
Lots of Pidove,maybe Latios/Latias
>>
>>37984503
Magikarp and Scatterbug
>>
>lives in Maine
Corphish
Crawdaunt
Clawitzer
Krabby
Kinglet
and Trevenant because 80% of my state is still covered by forests
>>
File: trentino-alto-adige.jpg (38 KB, 541x380)
38 KB
38 KB JPG
I live at the edge of the woods near a creek, so realistically:
Meowth (normal)
Snowver/Abomasnow
Seismitoad
Pachirisu
Amoonguss
Pidgeotto
>>
norway
tentacruel (legend of the kraken says it lives in the norwegian sea)
wingull (seagulls are everywhere)
ursaring/ beartic (bears live here)
stantler (reindeer are common up north)
gigalith (lots of mountains here)
haxorus (dragons are pretty prominent in norse myths)
>>
>>37982409
Honchkrow
Emboar
Conkeldurr
Wingull
Gogoat
Carracosta

I't a cool team i suppose
>>
File: Fixed PokeWorld.png (59 KB, 939x578)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
Fixed the PokeWorld.
>>
File: balkans.png (174 KB, 1028x222)
174 KB
174 KB PNG
>>37982409
I put Arcanine for the Sarplaninac because of its size.
>>
File: Earth.png (35 KB, 939x578)
35 KB
35 KB PNG
>>37985538
You didn't even do a good job.
>>
>>37983729
>He doesn't know what Gaul is
>>
>>37982409
>cascadia
wooper
crabby
mareep
nincada
furret

then id evolve mareep wooper and maybe crabby (hes pretty cute on his own desu)
>>
File: 1484019135623.jpg (26 KB, 260x322)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>37985715
So, are people guessing or is there some place where you can see what kind of Pokemon would be available in your area?
>>
>>37983902
>I don't know why you keep projecting this idea that I think europeans were some backwards hicks or some shit. I'm not claiming that.
Probably this bit
>What I AM claiming is that the Aztec's horticultural prowress and complexity, as well as their sanitatiojn practices, were particularly developed even relative to much of europe at the time
Where you continue to insist your primitives were better than the Europeans by completely ignoring how the Europeans did the same things they did in these fields you bring up, typically better.
>>
File: trainer card.png (31 KB, 256x168)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
Dead center British Columbia, rocky mountains, freezing cold half the year, tons of endless boreal forest
>>
>>37985648
>tfw the whole world gets nuked and you’re totally fine
>>
Living in America’s sweaty crotch AKA Florida would net me:

Feraligatr
Persian
Durant
Fearow
Banette
Gurdurr
>>
>>37982455
The great lakes would probably have a good bit of ice types as well, at least seasonally. Also all the derelict factories would attract steel types.

Maybe something like Swampert, Aggron, Abomasnow, Ursaring/Snorlax, Staraptor, and Pachirisu.
>>
>>37986160
Are you illiterate?
>>
>Purrloin and/or A-Meowth
Cats all over the place. All the ones I've had have been tricky strays.
>Trevenant
Lots of woods, and lots of dead meth addicts. I'm sure the two would get mixed up enough to make some ghost trees.
>Trubbish
Trash everywhere. Hope it doesn't try to hug you with a used needle sticking out.
>Geodude
In the middle of mountains with rocks all over the place.
>a random fish
Too many possibilities to narrow it down.
>Torcoal
Not the best fit, but the only coal pokemon.
There's also deer everywhere, but those are for eating.
>>
>>37986682
Stunning argument.
>>
>>37986738
Thanks, I tried hard on it.
>>
File: UK team.png (82 KB, 837x183)
82 KB
82 KB PNG
>>37982409
Depends on what the Galar Pokedex looks like, but let's make a team that's so stereotypically British it hurts for me to look at. I tried to lean towards Pokemon based on animals or themes commonly found in the UK, but I could have branched out to pick dragons or lions if we were going for animals that are common in culture and mythology.

Granbull and Swanna are kind of obvious choices. Roses are national plants and unicorns are the Scottish nation animal, and Rotom was meant to represent our urbanisation. Ladybirds are a plague here and Ledian's cute so.
>>
>>37982409
Murkrow, Lycanoroc or Growlithe, Whiscash, Zigzagoon, Yanma, and Feraligar I guess? Most of my native animals are fairly poorly represented. There's no real raccoon and no opossum at all for fuck's sake.
>>
File: 693.png (74 KB, 427x458)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
Zygarde
>>
>>37983231
>>37983240
Don't forget donphan
>>
Samurott, Braviary, Volcarona, Cryogonal, Lilligant, and Zebstrika.
>>
West Virginia
> Decidueye
There's an owl I hear in my yard every night

> Politoad/Greninja
Froggos everywhere

> Mothim
Mothman

> Koffing/Muk
thanks coal companies

> Golem/Onix
Rocks

> Scrafty
to represent the drug addict population
>>
>>37983828
Wich part of Italy do you come from?
>>
Mississippi
>Torchic
>Whiscash
>Sawsbuck
>Miltank
>Trevenant (Pine tree regional variant)
>Buzzswole
>>
https://richi3f.github.io/pokemon-team-planner/national_dex.html#geodude+tauros+stunky+skorupi+deerling+mandibuzz

South central texas
>>
>>37982409
Based on the pets and hobbies I have had along the years, it would be something like this
>>
>>37982409
>Carioca
>Amazon
what the absolute fuck
>>
File: 1510423587214.png (402 KB, 1280x960)
402 KB
402 KB PNG
>>37986806
get well soon zygarde
>>
>>37986160
>>37986738
> Stunning argument
This guy has constructed argument after argument and talked on end about a subject he clearly knows a lot more about than you and soothed your ego about the Europeans enough and you've done nearly nothing on the other end because you're triggered about this shit for some reason. You have no leg to stand on saying he doesn't have an argument you colossal dumbass. If the Europeans are so great, maybe you should act more civil, because as it stands you're certainly no credit to them. Just fucking embarassing dude.
>>
>ruin an entire thread to lay down and die for an anonymous internet argument
Fuck you both tbqfwyf
>>
>>37982409
>pokemon-go-world-map-cont(...).pngpokemon-go-world-map-contemporary
?
>>
>>37985723
https://m.bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pokémon_by_habitat

I just used this and picked Pokemon from places where i live and have lived, and places that ive been to a bunch. Theres a sheep farm near where my dad lives, I used to find salamanders all the time growing up, I used to live on the beach, etc.
>>
For China i think that Emboar and Infernape are a given due to the designs. Rayquaza would also work because its based on a Chinese Dragon I believe. From there Swanna for cranes, hitmons for martial arts, Rotom for the factories and technology of cities , and Grimer/Garbodor/Weezing for pollution

Emboar/Infernape, Rayquaza, Swanna, Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee, Rotom, Grimer/Garbodor/Weezing
>>
>>37987102
He's most likely an Adesino mountain jew. They are greedy, haughty cunts from ex-fascist families with daddy's money, stolen from our national heritage when they fled like the rats they are and stashed away in their Swiss accounts. They openly snob and hate the rest of the country and suck Switzerland's and Austria's cock. A bunch of traitors.
>>
Southern Brazil:

Floatzel (Giant Otter/Neotropical Otter)
Aipom (New World Monkey/Howler Monkey)
Raticate (Coypu)
Furret (Lesser Grison)
Drowzee (Tapir)
Quilava (Paca)
>>
>>37982409
Everything they release in Galar!
>>
>>37987885
This is a very nice image.
>>
>>37983902
Are you retarded? The Aztecs were definitely advanced...for savages. Don't forget the Aztecs werent some ancient race, they're relatively recentand when you compare the time lines the Europeans we're significantly more advanced Aztecs were savages compared to the Romans, never mind the cultures that came after.
>>
>>37987900
Glad you approve
>>
>>37987935
Do you have any knowledge of history? Like at all? The Aztecs were not savages, they were an advanced culture that created many architectural marvels.
>>
File: 1vu8iu.jpg (235 KB, 608x811)
235 KB
235 KB JPG
>>37987981
>The culture of sacrifice
>Not savage
>>
>>37987869
Other Pokémon:

Manectric (Maned Wolf)
Tauros/Miltank (A lot of cattle here)
Scrafty (Brazilian People)
Heatmor(Giant Anteater)
Sandshrew/Sandslash (Armadillos/Porcupines)
Stunky(Skunk)

This is only counting the mammals of the region.
>>
Any monkey pokemon, trubbish line, unfezant line
>>
>>37987981
Pretty sure the only thing advanced about the Aztecs was compulsory education for all.
>>
>>37987981
name them
>>
>>37987999
Sacrifice is a common motif in I would almost say most religions. The Greeks sacrificed humans and animals, the Carthaginians sacrificed infants, the Hindus sacrificed people. The Chinese, Romans, and Egyptians didn't sacrifice people but they did sacrifice animals. Not sacrificing living things to ones gods is an oddity not the standard.
>>
>>37982409
whatever is available in Galar I suppose
>>
>>37988164
Not in the 10th century!! Sacrifice is common place in all cultures yes but is never a part of civilised culture.
>>
>>37988097
The entire city of Tenochtitlan-Tlatelolco is a marvel in of itself. Two separate cities built in the middle of a lake that linked together to form a capital the size of Paris, fed by man made aqueducts and floating gardens.

There's also the multitude of massive pyramids built by the regime and its vassals, often on top of older pyramids.

>>37988235
The Greeks and Hindus weren't civilized? Aristotle and Ashoka weren't civilized? What of Hammurabi or Hannibal or Hatshepsut? Sacrifice and civility are not mutually exclusive concepts.
>>
>>37988288
Firstly Hindu is a religion not a culture, but considering the Government had to intervene with modern Sati and horrid caste systems I'd say the Indian culture could very easily be argued as uncivilised. And Greek human sacrifice is still debated, though best case scenario they 'Sacrificed' the condemned.
So please tell me how lottery sacrifice of children works in a civilised world?
>>
Peru :
Starraptor (we are always made fun off because of a rumor that we eat pigeons)
Sceptile (clearly a pokemon that would enhabit the amazon rainforest)
Tropius or ludicolo (these two pokemon seem accurate to inhabit the amazon rainforest as well)
Mew (apparently mew was found in South America as stated by Dr Fuji and the first pokemon movie itself)
Ho-oh or fearow (these two pokemon seem to resemble a condor which is our national bird)
Any of the lake legendarias as they seem to resemble some pre Incan cultures of northern Peru
>>
>>37982409
Starly or pidgey
Squirtle or mudkip due to all the lakes and lizards/turtles I've seen
Ekans
Caterpie
Sunkern because I grew sunflowers here a couple of years ago
Ghastly or another ghost type, supposedly there is some haunted places around.
>>
>>37988361
I was using "Hindu" as a term to separate the non-negligible Islamic and Buddhist populations that entered the picture later. The quality of the Vedas and the level of architecture, culture, and science that came out of that sub-continent is proof enough of civility. The sati and caste systems for all of their horribleness are not unique, there are parallels to the sati in the Chinese emperors having members of their court killed when they (the emperor) dies. And the Caste system is paralleled in the Confucian idea of roles on life and the Japanese 'kegare' concept (the Burakumin), along with the Segregation/Apartheid/and Ghettos implemented by Europeans to separate minorities (blacks, Jews, Roma).

Ideally child sacrifice would never occur, but in societies that it is considered religiously important, its under the Utilitarian ideal that the death of some is saving the lives and guaranteeing the success of the many. Again wrong but justified under the religion and culture.
>>
>>37988571
Respectable points however at this point in the debate I think we need to define 'Civilised culture' a bit further. I believe it's highly dependant on comparable cultures, as in once one civilisation has hit a certain point past ones become uncultured. But getting back to your points, the Vedas although shows obviously how intelligence doesn't mean they're civilised. A king/emperor/royalty having their vessels killed is nothing similar to a 'civilised' society expecting the matriarch to kill themselves when the patriarch dies. And with your last argument are you saying the segregation of people in the 20th century was civilised then? Because I'd argue it was an act of uncivility in the face of a civilised nation.

....You've utterly lost me now, I can't see how you can argue UNCIVILISED idea of greater beings controlling the acts of nature as an acceptable reason for murdering children. If this was 500BC I'd be able to consider your argument more. But that brings me back to my first sentence.
>>
>>37982409
Totodile, Sandile, A-Exeggutor, Wingull, Treecko
>>
I live in Florida so probably 3 grass types an old 3 water types. Dunno who though. Maybe Feraligatr, Araquanid, Carracosta. Then Ludicolo, Serperior and Trevenant.
>>
>>37988703
Uncultured was clearly the wrong word. **Uncivilised.
>>
>>37983221
We've got lots of woodlands too, so lots of bug and grass types. Overall I think Kentucky would actually have a really good spread of mons.
>>
>>37982573
Also Okie.
Ekans (goddamn snakes)
Ariados (goddamn spiders)
Murkrow (goddamn grackles)
Torchic (lots of people own chickens)
Arcanine (closest could get to floofy Pyrenees dog)
Tauros (cattle)
Legendary, Tornadus. Spring is here.
>>
File: 20170415_180240.jpg (3.24 MB, 4032x3024)
3.24 MB
3.24 MB JPG
>>37982609
>>37989060
Arcanine are best doggos
>>
>>37988703
>>37988833
Saying that if one culture hits a certain point all the others 'behind' it are uncivilized doesn't quite fit with how the ancient world worked. If I lived in Greece and you in India 1500 years ago, our knowledge of each other would be limited to 'this area may or may not exist'. How can you compare cultures that developed in comparative vacuums to each other, what is considered good in one culture can be considered the greatest sin in a another, a quick example is that in America 'leaving the nest' is considered an important part of growing up, whereas in cultures based around the family leaving one's parents is disrespectful. Or how in some nations one’s career and work is paramount (China/Japan/Korea), but in some nations work is secondary to the other aspects of life (Italy/France/Greece). which in these two examples is civilized and which is uncivilized? The concept of 'being civilized' is reliant on context.

In 200 years, we’ll be looked back on as poorly as those in the 1700s are today, would you consider us uncivilized in any true way? Many would say that the 1700s even in developed areas bordered on being uncivilized with the constant war, oppression, and disease – the whole structure barely functioned. I brought up segregation and the like in order to show like you said that even civilized nations can have uncivilized traits, just because the historic Indians instated the Caste System does not mean that the society as a whole isn’t civilized, just as 1900s America was obviously civilized in spite of its treatment of the lower classes of society. The ancient Chinese were arguably the most advanced society in the world for most of History, does their treatment of the Royal Court make them uncivilized compared to less advanced but more morally correct countries? I don’t believe so.

In the case of Child sacrifice, it quite literally was 500BC in many cases.
>>
>>37989144
This is why I felt the need for us to define our argument more, I realised we've strayed far from the original argument which wasn't 'are the Aztecs civilised' but that they are 'Savage' which for ease of debate we've simply argued culture as 'Civilised' which I don't think truly representative of the original point.

Civility is indeed a progressive thing much like education, the smartest people of 2000 years ago are on par at best with college inductees. Were the scientists of that time stupid because we've progressed? No not at the time... But now? Yes. Because that how progression works.

You seem to have gone deep into the argument of culture, which isn't comparable as I see it, culture is an algorithm of realities and acceptances that dictate the culture, being 'Uncivilised' directly effects culture but they're not the same thing.
>>
Northern France so :

Murkrow
Talonflame
Seel
Miltank
Chikorita ( Chicory is local speciality )
Onix ( because coal and mines are big part of history Onix would have been very convenient )
>>
>>37989144
Also you're saying Ancient. Aztecs weren't ancient the Spanish Aztec war only happened 500 odd years ago, a time where many many nations were much more advanced and less barbaric. Hence calling them Savage
Though I'm well aware that theres a huge argument to be had about being 'savage' when Aztecs would focus less on killing and more on capture where as the modern 'Civilised' people of spain killed men woman and children.
>>
>>37989287
>>37989382
I do intend to give full responses to both of these, but at the moment i am unable to do so, if this thread still exists in ~2 hours I be able to get back to you, I apologize for the delay.
>>
I stopped using /his/ months ago and you bozos still dump your autism on me.
>>
>>37989458
Complain again and I'll make you eat my face.
>>
>>37989408
No worries mate. Good chance I'll be asleep or too drunk to comment so if either of those happen, It has been decent chat m'kind fellow and hope we converse again!
>>
>>37982409
Buncha shitty normal and grass types
Hopefully a furret
Def pachurisu
>>
>>37982409
Judging by some of the animals I've personally seen around, I'd probably go with this team
Pachirisu
Wingull
Pidgey or some other random bird
Salandit
Scyther or Fomantis/Lurantis
Deerling
>>
File: ozarkmons.png (83 KB, 857x190)
83 KB
83 KB PNG
I'm from the Missouri Ozarks.

>Whiscash
The Ozarks are renowned for good fishing, and catfish is pretty popular around here.
>Noctowl
Nothing special, but owls are common here.
>Crobat
The Ozarks have a lot of caves, so we have a lot of bats.
>Sawsbuck
The only big mammals left, that are common, are elk and deer. I figured sawsbuck would be better than stantler, since the Ozarks have a very noticeable change in seasons.
>Crustle
We've got lots of bugs and lots of caves, so I thought a dual bug and rock type would be good.
>Bibarel
Beavers are pretty common. It'd be the region's choice of HM slave.
>>
File: 20190315_171944.jpg (150 KB, 1440x285)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
North West Wyoming has some interesting team potential. Chose the most interesting of local fauna. Might have to run this team someday

Are there any Elk/Deer/Moose pokemon besides Sawsbuck and Stantler?
>>
>>37989524
>m’kind fellow
>>
Wingull
Magnezone
Magneton
Grimer
Muk
Drilbur
Excadrill
Miltank
Mareep
Flaffy
Ampharos
Fletchling
Fletchinder
Geodude
Passimian
Timburr
Gurdurr
Conkeldurr
Trubbish
Garbodor
Ducklett
Swanna
Scraggy
Scrafty
>>
>>37982409
>Joltik
nearby woods always have shitloads of those fucking ticks.
>Milotic (evolved feeble)
multiple rivers in my city
>Liepard
my cat, he is tall one
>Starly
they're everywhere
>Aegislash
propably roam the nearby museums and castles
>Gogoat
there's enough farmers near me to get some goat
Seems reasonable, might actually get somewhere with that
>>
Magikarp
Magikarp
Magikarp
Magikarp
Magikarp
Magikarp
>>
>>37989082
pet him
>>
File: berry.jpg (20 KB, 620x330)
20 KB
20 KB JPG
>>37989992
Watch IT crowd you dirty infidel.
>>
>>37988878
Probably a relatively full spread of flying types too with the exception of blatantly tropical birds like toucannon and peliper

We actually have two places I can think of to catch some unusual ghosts like honedge. We have a historical arms museum and Louisville and there’s a castle between Louisville and Lexington that an eccentric rich guy had dissasbled and imported from Europe stone by stone.

Probably could catch stuff like Klink over at the locks at the falls of the Ohio.
>>
File: help.jpg (8 KB, 225x225)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>>37982409
Live right next to Irl Great Marsh so...
Feraligatr (self explanatory)
Dragonite (Probably could find a dratini by the water like you could in the Safari Zone in Kanto)
Alolan Muk (Similar environment probably leads to similar pokemon coming especially with Miami)
Yanmega (lots of dragon flies here)
Florges (called Florida for a reason probably ton of these things)
Mudsdale (I was raised around alot of horses so realistically Mudbray would probably be my starter)
>>
File: Florida Team.png (92 KB, 850x197)
92 KB
92 KB PNG
>>37992203
>>
>>37992321
I like it, nice diversity too
>>
>>37982445
South America and India are also confirmed to exist. Indian Elephant is mentioned in the pokedex and South America is mentioned in the Mew journal in the burned mansion.
>>
>>37992533
Additionally, Russia was mentioned in Gen 1, and China is mentioned in several of Arcanine's dex entries.
>>
Stantler
Deerling
Steelix
Poliwrath
Garbodor
Murkrow
>>
File: khe_wea.png (111 KB, 846x193)
111 KB
111 KB PNG
>>
File: 250px-332Cacturne.png (48 KB, 250x250)
48 KB
48 KB PNG
5 cacturnes and a glameow
>>
>>37987378
>and talked on end about a subject he clearly knows a lot more about
Your mistake is thinking his knowledge of the Aztecs means he's knowledgeable about the Europeans when this is not the case. If you'd read, you'd see several times where he pushed a narrative about Europeans rooted in Victorian misinformation.
>>
>>37989382
>when Aztecs would focus less on killing and more on capture
Capture for later murder in painful sacrificial rituals. Don't pretend it was some mercy.
>>
>>37986806
get well soon zygarde
>>
>>37982409

I think I answered this sort of question. I live on east coast of the US, very close to NYC. There'd be some decent water mons, mostly crabs, frogs, and rare turtle like pokemon. We're known for having catfish in some areas

(common: Krabby, Poliwag, Psyduck, Ducklett)
(very rare: Squirtle, Turtwig, Froakie, Corphish, Whiscash)

Lots of birds, off the top of my head the most notable are robins and cardinals, and the very rare raccoon in parks. Tons of squirrels If I were to travel a little, there'd be a lot of deer, gophers are fairly common too. Also, a lot of stray cats.

(Common: Meowth, Purrloin, Fletchling, Pidgey, Pachirisu, Deerling)
(Uncommon: Patrat, Pikachu)
(Rare: Zigzagoon)

Also a lot of power plants and chemical plants, so electric and poison would be common.

(Common: Shinx, Magnemite, Elekid, Voltorb)
(Uncommon: Grimer)
(Rare: Pikachu)

There are also parts of where I live that have actual farms with farm animals like what you'd expect, chickens, cows, pigs, sheep, horses.

(uncommon: Miltank, Mareep, Mudsbray, Spoink)
(extremely rare: Torchic, Tepig, Tauros)

Very popular spot for migrating birds. Bald eagles have even been spotted here, though the usual suspects are Canada geese and seagulls

(common: Wingull)
(uncommon: Swanna)
(rare: Braviary)

In that case, realistically speaking, seeing as I'm usually pretty busy (meaning I can't have rare mons), have younger siblings (can't have overly aggressive/dangerous mons), and can't really afford to deal with mons that require a lot of upkeep, I'd probably only have these mons:

Shinx: docile, loyal, great companion, independent cuz it's a cat

Pidgey and Fletchling: having birds is always nice as they're singing and flitting around plus relatively easy to care for

Poliwag: cute frog mon that'd be pretty common and Poliwhirl is one of my all time favorite mons

Pachirisu: this one is maybe, since squirrels are super hyper and probably wouldn't fit in well with a cat like Shinx.
>>
Live in Las Vegas and own a small dog.
>Lilipup (small dog)
>Ninjask (cicadas in the summer)
>Maractus (mojave desert)
>Drapion (desert scorpions)
>Torkoal (desert tortoise state reptile)
>Beheeyem (area 51)
>>
>>37990223
FATHEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!
>>
>>37989287
>>37989382
>>37989524

I’m back, ended up passing out from exhaustion as soon as I was able to sit down.

Civility is progressive, I do agree. However, the progress is only comparable between either the same nation at different points in time, or between cultures that are connected to, and influence, each other. You could compare the Chinese to the Mongols because they knew about each other and influenced each other, same for the Romans and Gauls, Persians and Scythians, and Swedes and Sami. One of these groups is more civilized no doubt, but the progress they make can only be compared to those that they are near and connected to. If we compared the Guals to the Mongols, the system would be unfair to both parties because neither of them ever even learned about the existence of the other. The advances one made would never be learned by the other.

Say I wanted to compare the civility of the Romans and Han Chinese, they both existed at the same time historically so they should be easy to compare. The problem with this is that the amount of information that the two largest land empires in the entire world had on each other is shorter than this post. Say that the Romans or the Chinese discovered the steam engine and the metal-working required to use it. Is the other empire suddenly less civilized because they didn’t make progress they didn’t know existed? Not immediately, in my opinion.
>>
>>37989287
>>37989382
>>37989524

2/2
I believe that one empire only becomes less civilized in comparison to the other when they learn about the advances of the other. Before Europeans landed in Australia I don’t believe the Aborigines were necessarily less civilized than them. The Aborigines were the cutting edge of Australian civilization, that was simply how civilized the society got. But, after the Dutch and British made land fall and the natives and Europeans made contact, then we could compare the two and say that the native Australians were less civilized than the invading Europeans.

I used the word ‘ancient’ because that’s the level of Old World Cultural development that the Aztecs and other Meso-American groups achieved. Why this is, is unknown there have been many books written about this that all come to different conclusions. I don’t fault the Meso-Americans for this, just as I don’t fault the Ancient British/French/Germans or their equivalents for not achieving the development of the Romans or Greeks or Indians or Mesopotamians. Isolated groups tend not to develop as much. I don't believe that civilizational development and civility are linked either, many brutal cultures (Assyrians) achieved great development, while morally 'correct' cultures have ended up achieving nothing.
>>
File: 20190316_094100.jpg (140 KB, 1000x451)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
South texas, rio grande valley. Pidove because i go dove hunting a lot. Maybe in pokemon world you go hunting with pokeballs. Rotom fan to keep me cool and dey my house after hurricanes. Durant because theres a shit ton of fire ants. Maybe an exxegutor because palm trees, obv.
>>
File: 20190316_110519.png (85 KB, 674x240)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
Based off of animals I used to catch and bring home. Plus pets.
>>
>>37982409
Uh what kinda pokemon would be in Rhode Island?
>>
>>37996219
Only small ones.
>>
>>37989962
>NW Wyoming
OH MY GOD BASED

desu I wish there was a region stretching from Idaho Falls to Riverton East-West, and from Bozeman to Hoback North-South. Great for like a "wild" region without much civilization. Not too many water types unfortunately.

IMO, I would think that in the PC you'd have any combination of Honchkrow (obvious crow tribe reference is obvious), Nosepass or Probopass (Nez Perce), Ampharos or Gogoat (Shoshone and the bighorn museum), Basculin (mfw cutthroat trout and the fish and game nursery near Jackson), Abomashow (mountain men), Shuppet (Casper Bowl ahahahahahah shit joke), and Camerupt (the caldera)
>>
>>37993533
Yeah, they live in any body of water.
>>
>>37996019
if you're in the rio valley, are there any water types you're able to use?
>>
>>37997023
Im very close to the gulf, so maybe a clamperl or something. I cant really think of good gulf of mexico pokemon. As far as a river goes, its pretty much resacas. So like dragonflies and crawfish and stuff.
>>
Baltimore Maryland

Alola Raticate
Scrafty
Jynx
Inernape
Passimian
Garbodor
>>
>>37997038
hmm...Sharpedo? The Gulf has great biodiversity when you consider large pelagic fish. Depending on where you live and how many oil rigs are in the area, you might live around a spot with lots of whale sharks (the rigs force greater krill/plankton density somehow, i'm not sure of why) so anything like that works too.
>>
File: dsadsa.png (7 KB, 1200x800)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
>>37982409
Shiny Bewear
Shiny Bewear
Shiny Bewear
Shiny Bewear
Shiny Bewear
Shiny Bewear
>>
>Rhode Island
Pidgeot
Honchkrow
Rowlet
Crawdaunt
Kingler
Wingull
>>
>>37982409
Seems reasonable for a Great Lakes region trainer
>>
Heliolisk because of all the lizards around here, potentially Grubbin because a stag beetle laid some eggs in my compost heap, Hoothoot because there are owls nesting in my barn, and any Pokemon that you could find in farm land
>>
pittsburgh town is a smoky old town... solid iron from mckeesport down
>>
Fellow Great Laker here.
>live in one of the snowiest towns in the country so there'd be a lot of ice types
>there's a lot of mines here for copper/metals too so steel types would probably be abundant
>live near the Paulding Light so had to include a freaky ghost type
>>
>>37982409
6 Pidoves. I'm from Perú.
>>
Mandibuzz (turkey vultures)
Bibarel (beavers)
Lycanroc (coyotes)
Skuntank (skunks)
Nincada (cicadas)
Noivern (Jersey Devil)
>>
>>37998286
i think you mean Houndoom my guy
>>
I live somewhere between Shalour and Geosenge city if you 1:1 Kalos to France, so litterally the stuff on Route 12
>>
>>37998351
Houndoom is based on a dobermann + thylacine. Midday-Lycanroc looks more like the local coyotes than any other Pokémon.
>>
Six miltank
>>
>>37987851
Nope, Varesotto. But...you need to chill, dude.
>>
File: midwesterner.png (26 KB, 246x171)
26 KB
26 KB PNG
Midwestern anon here.
>Sawsbuck
>Pachirisu
>Durant
>Swanna
>Diggersby
>Cryogonal

I see deer, rabbits, squirrels, and ducks/swans outside of my house, and around my neighborhood (town, as well) on a regular basis. I put Durant in because I needed a bug-themed pokemon, and a steel ant felt right for the midwest. Cryogonal is a no brainer since half the year is winter here. I almost put Lycanroc due to the near the northern border, but I passed.
>>
File: new-zealand-map.gif (35 KB, 596x750)
35 KB
35 KB GIF
>knight templar
>sheep
>>
>>37999185
You would also get the Doduo line (kiwis), Popplio/Spheal line (fur seals), Chatot (various parrots), and whatever lizardmons you want to equate to tuataras (I would go with Jangmo-o).
>>
>>37999365
Jangmo-o would fit New Zealand perfectly, considering it and its evolutions take inspiration from the Maori and their haka
>>
>Rhydon
>Excadrill
>Sandslash
>Wingull
>Bisharp
>Tauros
Guess my state
>>
File: new-mexico.jpg (575 KB, 2048x1316)
575 KB
575 KB JPG
>>37982409
Well, we have the New Mexico whiptail, so presumably Salandit's an option. Also a good number of foxes and coyotes, so maybe Fennekin? Definitely have Deerling, since elk and mule deer are all over the place. Not sure what's most appropriate to being where the Manhattan Project took place, though.



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.