[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: tytar.png (55 KB, 250x250)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
ITT: Pokemon that will drop to UU next generation.
>>
Remove Rock and Fairy-type.
>>
>>
>>37552680
What will you do if it doesn't?
>>37552686
Fuck you.
>>
There will be a time when Garchomp is power crept out of OU.
There will be a time when Lando-T is power crept out of OU.
>>
If he can manage to be OU in a generation dominated by fairies and Landorus, I doubt he will ever drop.
>>
File: no dragon dance.png (135 KB, 538x583)
135 KB
135 KB PNG
>>37552680
>>
>>37552701
Garchomp was almost power crept out this gen by Zygarde. It's more likely to get washed out in Gen VIII's changes than a 'mon with a type that's overdue for any sort of buff that's also weakest to types that are due for a whack from the nerf bat.
>>
>>37552698
>What will you do if it doesn't?
I don't know, probably keep using my bro in OU. I just want to strike fear into the hearts of anons.
>>
What gen 4/5 OU staples other than Ttar and >>37552701 are even in OU anymore?
>>
>>37552717
Cynthia's Garchomp or whatever will save Garchomp from irrelevancy whenever they decide to remake DPP.
>>
>a mega that strong in UU
it'll be uubl
>>
>>37552680
He always gets something to help it in each Gen.
>>
>>37552926
gliscor unless you mean solid out since gliscor was uu for a duration. Starting has been uubl since forever.
>>
>>37553190
I mean without ever dipping down. Heatran, I guess?

>>37553156
I think Z moves hit him harder than helping him, because of unmissable focus miss. Or what do you think it is he got this gen?
>>
>>37552926
Magnezone and Skarmory.
>>
>>37552926
Chansey
Excadrill
Ferrothorn
Gliscor
Heatran
Jirachi
Keldeo (he’s ass though)
Kyurem-B
Landorus-T
Magnezone
Skarmory (also ass)
Rotom Wash
Volcarona
Not sure if all of these are staples but here it is
>>
>>37552706
People have said Garchomp will fall off for 3 gens in a row now. Ain't happen then, ain't happening next gen either.
>>
>>37553057
OP was probably talking about regular Tyranitar
>>
File: Ski.jpg (12 KB, 240x240)
12 KB
12 KB JPG
All of them, G8 is going to over-correct Slowlola so hard that "OU (1-809)" is going to be a thing
>>
Ttar too strong for UU
>>
>>37553441

I feel like there's two ways for gen 8 to go, and it's either this or a total reboot and rehash of Red and Blue/Green.

Either way I already hate it
>>
Assuming no boosts, Greninja and maybe Ash-Greninja. I'm not trolling, either: the 70/70/70 bulk that you see on Pokemon like Koko, Lucario, Starmie and Nidoking is very sensitive to speed tiers. So if GF introduces more generic hard hitters like Kartana, Greninja will be relegated to a focus sash lead like it was in Gen VI Ubers.
Ash needs new moves or an item to keep it relevant in case of another speed creep. It's strong, but pretty inflexible as a Pokemon, and that base 145 attack is going to waste running a mono special set. Something that strong and fast should be able to run mixed, like Deoxys does in Ubers.
>>
>>37552973
Vanilla Garchomp is still in danger of dropping either way, and Cynthia's Mega Garchomp is going to get so much obscene power that it'll fly to AG faster than Mega Rayquaza did.
>>
>>37553378
>>37553190
I dont really play competitive. Can someone fill me in on gliscor?
>>
>>37552686
I would be okay with consolidating Rock and Ground into Earth.
>>
>>37553599
fantastic physical wall, great typing inmune to ground, electric and resistant to fighting without being weak to rocks, can set up rocks himself and defog them, reasonably fast for such a bulky mon, broken ability that protects him from status and let him hold a x2 leftovers, can also stallbreak thank to that said protection from status, taunt, swords dance and a reliable recovery
>>
>>37553640
I guess so..I just ignored it during BF and online battles...
>>
>>37553378
Many of them have dipped down to UU atleast once.
>>
>>37553500
>it's either this or a total reboot and rehash of Red and Blue/Green.
Nah, man, that's only for uneven gens.
>gen 1 duh
>gen 3 had remakes
>gen 5 was basically a gen 1 style reboot
>gen 7 had LGEP
Gen 9 is when we get a new gen 1 thing again.
>>
>>37552680
I can see some UUBL stuff moving down to UU. Out of OU stuff though Mimikyu seems like the most likely to drop.
>>
>>37555081
When will UUBL become an actual tier already? Just call it CU (Commonly Used) and restructure the whole tier system a bit without having to wait for all the shit to settle down until they have to keep adding numbers to the different ZUs.

I'd really like it if the weaker Über tier (like some Arceus forms or whatever) merged with the upper half of OU to form the new OU, while the weaker half of OU and UUBL form CU.
>>
>>37555091
>arceus in OU
>even Bug form would be a pain in the ass

No thanks
>>
File: R3.png (477 KB, 844x1200)
477 KB
477 KB PNG
>>37552680
>>37552701
>implying smogon won't ban anything that threatens their comfy meta
>>
>>37555130
Dunno, man, I was just talking out of my ass, what are übers mons that might be slipping? Post-nerf Darkrai? Is Aegislash good in übers? Mega Luke and Metagross? Some Deoxys? I don't know, man.
>>
>>37555091
>When will UUBL become an actual tier already? Just call it CU (Commonly Used) and restructure the whole tier system a bit without having to wait for all the shit to settle down until they have to keep adding numbers to the different ZUs.

Never. Most of the UUBL Pokemon are banned for the exact same reason - they're too strong as wallbreakers. A playable tier out of one type of attacker would be unbalanced and boring, pandering to players butthurt about not being able to play in a meta where their OU rejects can dominate.

UU's council might be stubborn and autistic, but they're not stupid. OU is a shitshow because GameFreak made it that way, and no number of Uber drops or OU bans will fix the problem. GF will just release another power creep apocalypse like the UBs/Tapus in Gen VIII and enforce a soft set rotation where only that current gen's Pokemon are viable.
>>
>>37555158
>OU is a shitshow because GameFreak made it that way
*OU is a shitshow because Smogon made it that way
>>
>>37555091
>until they have to keep adding numbers to the different ZUs.
How does something drop from PU to Unranked anyway? PU already is the largest tier, who makes the distinction that Wigglytuff is unranked while Belossom is PU?
>>
>>37555169
Honest question, what should Smogon do differently to fix OU?
>>
>>37555174
unban baton pass completly
this will give startegical builds a fighting chance.
the other bans ae also bad but this would be the most effective.
>>
>>37555174
By "fix" what do you mean?

>balance it
>make it more fun
>make it more inclusive
>>
>>37555185
I don't know, that other guy called it a shitshow.
>>
>>37555174
lower the bar
suspect lando, kartana, magearna, greninja, and the terrain abilities, and afterward have a serious talk about things like heatran, pex and mega maw
get rid of the people trying to perpetuate the narrative that "overcentralizing" == setup sweeper so they can prevent defensive pokemon from being banned
>>
>>37555189
There isn't a way to "fix" it, because the players don't want a fix.

Balance? Not really possible without banning huge numbers of Pokemon from the game.
More fun? Fun comes from surprise, and Smogon has worked hard to iron out all surprise from OU. They want Go, not Hold 'em.
More inclusive? Gen VII OU was stable for over a year, and so is Ubers. There isn't an obvious reason to do this.

If you want a fun, explosive and flexible game, go to Ubers. OU is trash now and probably will be going forward outside of a meta nuke.
>>
>>37553378
>Landorus-T
Time to move to ru then
>>
>>37555177
Are you fucking retarded? Were you around during the baton pass meta? Every single team on the ladder was baton pass and they were impossible to break without one or two dedicated mons on every team.
>>
>>37552680
explain faggot, why now tyranitar sucks dick?
>>
>>37553426
You mean 2 gens and it would have dropped post USUM release if not for low ladder players influencing usage stats.
>>
>>37555373
It doesnt. It has like 20% usage in SPL Gen 7 OU. Bad players on ladder won't use it because they're too busy using Porygon and Mimikyu stall teams.
>>
File: 051.png (151 KB, 475x475)
151 KB
151 KB PNG
>went from OU to fucking untiered in one gen
Is there a single Pokemon to fall from grace between generations harder than Dugtrio did?
>>
>>37555390
It got banned from OU for being too good, you idiot.
>>
>>37555399
Duggy isnt banned
>>
>>37555134
Gib sauce
>>
>>37553640
Also nothing runs ice coverage let alone ice STAB
>>
>>37555390
>>37555399
>>37555435
The only thing that made Dugtrio good was Arena Trap. Since Arena Trap is banned, Dugtrio fell to untiered.
>>
File: image.gif (10 KB, 100x100)
10 KB
10 KB GIF
>>37555340
times have changed. ALL clauses need to be removed for gen 8 meta for retesting.
>>
>>37555461
Kyuuketsuki Maruguritto to Kuenai Gokinjo
>>
File: lolwile.png (75 KB, 287x372)
75 KB
75 KB PNG
>>37555340
>t. only poster to fall for obvious bait
>>
>>37552701
Well if they give it DD it could save Garchomp and especially Mega Chomp
>>
File: 1548952777280.jpg (52 KB, 720x948)
52 KB
52 KB JPG
>>37555517
>obvious bait
its ironic because taunt is a solid counter to baton pass.
but i guess if your battle tactics is equip choice items on everything you would have problems with any tactical build.
>>
>>37555375
Which they can't do. OU is determined by 1725+ players usage stats. Not lower.
>>
>>37552680
>Lando T + Fairies + Grasses + Steels + even more Fairies: the meta
>Still one of the most used Pokemon

Yeah... I'm thinking she'll be fine
>>
>>37555548
How does Ttar do it? It shouldn't be as great as it is, but here we are.
>>
>>37553525
Worst post in this thread
>>
>>37555535
I don't even play anymore but I know you're talking out of your ass. Everyone counts towards usage stats, it's just that shit players only have a small impact compared to good players. Regardless, I remember there was a point where Chomp's usage from players above 1825 was like ~2% and it was hanging onto OU by the skin of its teeth because noobs kept using it and their individual contributions to usage was small, it was also numerous.

This was at a point before Z-Rock was pioneered. People were onlh using shit sets like scarf and SD sweeper so it's no surprise it was irrelevant back then.
>>
lol just make OUBL
>>
>>37555646
Ttar would actually be somewhat mediocre in OUBL if it was a playable tier. It loses to most of the mons there.
>>
>>37555656
Pretty sure TTar is one of the few Pokemon to be viable in ubers, and OUBL mons would only be usable in ubers. Not sure what you're talking about.
>>
>>37555495
I don't understand how regular ability Blaziken is banned to ubers. Why can't Speed Boost and the Mega just be banned?
>>
>>37556339
Because not every speed boost user is good.
Meanwhile, when Dugtrio got suspected, people started using Trapinch and Diglett successfully.
So clearly, Arena trap was the problem and Speed Boost is not.
>>
>>37556425
Honestly though, everyone knows Blaziken without Speed Boost would be ass. I would very much be in favour of tiering Pokemon with different abilities differently. I guess it would just take too much autism to organize this all, but surely Smogon has enough of that,
>>
>>37552680
Every single OU pokemon
>>
>>37555533
full batonpass teams run a magic bounce user.
if you're taking about the style from earlier this gen they'd be faster than any taunt user after a protect.
>>
Every Pokemon that's not a legendary apart from Chansey, Toxapex and Greninja. Also Vanilla Blazikan will be OU
>>
>>37552701
>There will be a time when Lando-T is power crept out of OU.
The entire point of Lando-T is that it is so versatile that it can virtually work in any Meta. Unless ice type suddenly becomes good defensively I don't see it happening.
>>
>>37556487
not every team is full bp team. taunt can work on any member not bouncing stuff and haze and perish song also help.

speed boost can't overwrite prankster, and the turn the enemy used to protet could be the turn i use to set up instead.

the thing is, the more threats there are to consider, the less chances there wil be for the beasts to display their full might since they need to include more threats when team building.
>>
>>37556466
>everyone knows Blaziken without Speed Boost would be ass.
Of course, but this is a pointless statement.
Speed Boost Blaziken is so good because it has Speed Boost AND the near perfect stat spread to take advantage of it AND excellent offensive stabs that give it room to use protect and/or Swords Dance.
Blaziken is good for a combination of reasons and Speed Boost only stands out because Blaziken received it after everything else, making it look like the singular factor that pushes it over the edge.
>>
>>37556521
I'd still like to see a meta where we can use blaze Blaziken or torrent Greninja in lower tiers, just to see how things work out.
>>
>>37555204
>lower the bar
What does this accomplish exactly?
Let's say you lower the % required to be OU down to 2%.
So now Hippowdon, Araquinid, and Reuniclus are OU.
There's nothing wrong with these pokemon. They're viable niche pokemon that are very rare on the ladder.
Making them OU has no actual effect on the meta. They're still very rare on the ladder. If anything you just fuck over the lower tiers by doing this.
>>
>>37556622
>If anything you just fuck over the lower tiers by doing this.
I actually think lowering the usage bar would improve the lower tiers. Though obviously it has no effect on OU.
>>
>>37556515
>not every team is full bp team
Why would you play with half-assed trash?
>>
>>37556659
>halfassed
its called versetality.
>>
>>37552680
Doubtful. It is literally the GOAT rock mon that makes 90% of other rock types outclassed. Its mega and ZardY breathed new life into it. it will always have something, whether that is vomiting rocks, setting sand, mixed attacking, pursuiting, DDing. It used to be a joke that you could give it 4 random moves and it would still be a good mon.
>>
>>37555204
>2019
>having a talk about heatran in OU
why
>>
>>37555171
Bellosom is above the minimum usage threshold to be PU, Wigglytuff is not used in PU
>>
No one, Gen 8 will use a new battle system and every Pokémon will be viable
Right?
>>
>>37557249
Yeah, it will be a fighting game with 10 well balanced arche type characters. Every existing Pokemon will be just a re-skinned clone of one of these arche types.
>>
>>37557243
Then why isn't ZU an actual tier? No Pokemon on Smogon is listed as ZU, why don't they just do that?
>>
>>37557293
There's not enough interest in the community to have a decently sized player base.
If you've ever played RU thar tier takes like 10 minutes to find a battle.
>>
File: 1547155853122.png (512 KB, 749x694)
512 KB
512 KB PNG
>Don't want to battle meme mysticals that get powercrept every gen like Tapu-Fukyu
>Don't want to deal with smogons tiering autism
>Don't like doubles or other meme formats
>tfw too autistic for pokemon
>>
>>37555480
>nothing runs ice coverage
Since when
>>
>>37552680
imagine playing smogon after the mega shitshow
>>
>>37557783
>tapus
>mythical
big think
>>
0+ Atk Life Orb Iron Fist Hitmonchan Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Tyranitar: 426-504 (105.4 - 124.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
>>37557900
Fine. Regional one-off mons, you fucking pedant.
>>
>>37557843
Since dragons ate shit when fairies were introduced.
>>
>>37558165
Just say Legendaries it's not that hard
>>37558215
>nothing EVER runs HP Ice just for all those mons with a quad Ice weakness
>>
>>37552680
Smogon is built on primiive architecture so when a ‘mon drops to negative usage, it overflows to a high usage rate and puts them in UU.
>>
File: 1436761368758.png (59 KB, 576x507)
59 KB
59 KB PNG
>>37558256
>60bp
>>
>>37558256
>all those mons with a quad ice weakness
Yeah, all three of them. Two of which are dealt with just fine by using Water-type moves, and the third gets trashed by Fairy. Koko is about the only thing that should be running HP Ice in OU, everything else has better options.
>>
>>37558416
Landorus T with HP Ice for other Landos is quite common, actually.
>>
File: uber slap.jpg (123 KB, 710x545)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>37552680
Not bloody likely.
>>
>>37558568
endorsed by ogmon, even.
>>
Garchomp already sucks and you’re just a gen 4 fanboy if you use him. Banded Zygarde outclasses him.
>>
>>37562014
>bumping a bait thread
>falling for bait on purpose
>saying something retarded on purpose
What's your agenda?
>>
Power creep will make vanilla Zygarde not Op next gen (not like it isn’t right now, but that’s beside the point) and Garchomp will get dabbed on
>>
bump

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.