[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

Is LGPE the BW of our generation?
>>
>>37364897
no what a fucking stupid question
>>
>our generation
>>
>>37364897
No, BW is god-tier. Anyone else who says otherwise is wrong
>>
>>37364906
This.
>>
>>37364897
>BW
>good game
>divided the fanbase in half, with people still arguing why they hate it or love it to this day

>LGPE
>bad game
>divided the fanbase in half once again
If anything, it would be the nega-BW of your generation
>>
>>37364897
It's the shittiest game of our generation and I'll remember it as such even when Gen 8 comes around and brainlets act like it was the coming of christ.

>>37364906
It felt like a step down from HG/SS but I'll give them applause for trying something different with the story.
>>
>>37364897
>BW came out in 2011
>8 years ago
>"our generation"
Pokemon has barely lived for one generation
What kind of thread is this
>>
>>37364897
>Is LGPE the BW of our generation?
are you 12
>>
>>37364906
>the first game to begin us on the path to dumbed down contentless games is god-tier
No.
>>
>>37364925
>divided the fanbase in half once again
Not really. Those of us who actually like what the games have been are all on the side against Trash Go for what it is.

It's only people who only liked the first Gen or 2 or who will defend anything that like Trash Go and they're a minority or not actually a player of the games to begin with which is part of the reason why pandering to them is asinine.
>>
>>37365069
That was XY you tard. BW was just hated by normies prompting the response of XY
>>
>>37365114
He's not totally wrong, bw started the trend of gym leaders having only 3 pokemon, and were the first games to really push the "chosen one" thing, among other things.
>>
>>37365077
>It's only people who only liked the first Gen or 2 or who will defend anything that like Trash Go
pokemon gold is my hands down favorite video game but i have yet to defend lgpe. don't put words in my mouth
>>
File: bill nye that's wrong.jpg (17 KB, 480x364)
17 KB
17 KB JPG
>>37365077
>people who only liked the first Gen or 2
>minority
When you'll learn that we (as people that kept playing pokémon after the first 2 generations) are the minority, it'll be too late.
>>
>>37364897
LPGE are unironically my favorite games since gen 5 but they’re still not quite on gen 5’s level. They shit on the entirety of gen 6 and 7 though
>>
>>37364897
BW was actually good and let you use the rest of the pokedex.
>>
>>37364897
yup, they're both shit and added unnecessary shit that will forever plague the franchise from here on out
>>
>>37365124
>and were the first games to really push the "chosen one" thing, among other things.

Kek what the fuck? This started back in gen 3 you retard
>>
>>37364897
They are exactly the opposite
>>
>>37364897
zoomers get out
>>
>>37364897
Yes, absolutely.

>>37364906
BW were fucking dogshit.
>DUDE LET'S REMOVE FEATURES TO PUT THEM IN OUR SHITTY APP INSTEAD LMAO
>DUDE LET'S REMOVE FEATURES AND NOT EVEN BOTHER WITH THE ABOVE LMAO
>DUDE LET'S LIMIT THE GAME TO ONLY NEW POKEMON BUT BASE ALL OF THEM ON OLD POKEMON LMAO
>DUDE LET'S MAKE THREE OF OUR LEGENDARIES RECOLORS LMAO
>DUDE LET'S JUST NOT INCLUDE ANY SIDE AREAS OR POSTGAME CONTENT AT ALL LMAO
>>
>>37365308
>This started back in gen 3 you retard
No it didn't, you weren't chosen by the legendary to be the one to capture it or any such bullshit
>>
>>37365360
>>DUDE LET'S MAKE THREE OF OUR LEGENDARIES RECOLORS LMAO

To be fair this was done to death before with the birds, regis, and lake trio. Plus the latis. I could go on if you're too dumb to get the picture
>>
File: Consider.jpg (35 KB, 311x149)
35 KB
35 KB JPG
Black and White 2 were the last games where the developers truly cared.

Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire were poor remakes, but good games.

Let's Go are everything wrong about Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, multiplied by six.
>>
>>37365365
Did... you not play gen 3? Even if you dig your feet in it still happens twice in gen 4 with Gira and Lugia/Ho-oh
>>
>>37365368
>birds, regis
They each look completely different from each other and the Lake Trio and Lati@s at least had different sprite poses, all three of the genies are in exactly the same pose
>>
>>37364897
LGPE aren't good so no
>>
>>37365376
Serious question, are you autistic?
>>
>>37365371
>Did...
I did, obviously you didn't - Steven and Wallace were okay with you going to kick the shit out of the legendary because you were the one with the matching color orb
>it still happens twice in gen 4
That's completely true
>>
>>37365380
I'm sorry, did I not make it clear enough earlier that I didn't like Black and White? Not sure why you would even ask that when you know I hate those shitty games.
>>
>>37365385
Oh, I get it, you're a hoennbab. Now I know not to take your opinions seriously.
>>
>>37365391
So yes?
>>
>>37365395
...What opinions? I stated a fact. Groudon and Kyogre didn't come out of nowhere for you to catch them because they liked the way you fought that Team Rocket Grunt, they escaped into a cave and you deliberately went to confront them.
>>
>>37365403
>I stated a fact

Kek. I wish I was as funny as you are
>>
No because BW actually were good, even if flawed.
>>
>>37365398
Nope, I acknowledge that gen 5 is the worst Pokemon generation. I'm sorry that reality doesn't agree with your nostalgia, underagefag.
>>
>>37365412
You're realling going heavy with the projection here pal. It's sort of crazy watching you fight this imaginary argument that's got you so upset
>>
>>37365407
>get blown the fuck out completely because you complain about games you never played
>"haha i'm not taking this seriously at all bro people are just a game to me haha"
Kill yourself. The average IQ of /vp/ posters will gain another digit if you do.
>>
Its the biggest franchise killer since BW, so yes that is a fair comparison.
>>
>>37365417
>imaginary argument
That's correct. There is no argument. Gen 5 is the worst and it's reflected in how they sold like absolute shit.
>>
File: IMG_6172.jpg (10 KB, 210x230)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>37365418
I'm sorry you're so fussy hoennbab. Did you miss your nap time?
>>
>>37365431
Good retort. About as original as your dex full of gen 1 rehashes and about as entertaining as your linear region's nonstop cutscenes.

Get fucked.
>>
>>37365360
What's it like having an opinion that's wrong?
>>
>>37365440
Your tantrum sounds familiar. Do you make a habit of coming here to have autistic ragefits or is it standard practice for all of those classified as legally retarded to share these specific opinions?
>>
>>37365446
You can defend B2W2. There is no defense of BW. They added nothing, they removed a shitload of features, and their existence is why B2W2 sold like ass.
>>
>>37364897
No because LGEP is actually good.
>>
>>37365447
>he actually thinks that there's only one person who hates his shit games
Ohh that explains it, Unovabortions are clinically insane.
>>
>>37365425
Metroid games don't make as much as other Nintendo franchises. Does that mean those games are shit?
>>
>>37365457
Reread that post, I gave an either or. I guess this confirms the retarded thing
>>
>>37365447
kys unovabortion no one likes gen 5
>>
not even close
>>
>Hydreigon
>Haxorus
>Volcarona
>Golurk
>Braviary
>Mienshao
>Galvantula
>Archeops
>Carracosta
>Bisharp
>Zoroark
>Ferrothorn
>Krookodile
>Leavanny
>Scolipede
>Escavalier
>Accelgor

I'd like a short, valid reason for why all of the above are bad to mediocre designs with little to no aesthetic appeal or creativity behind them.
>>
>>37365460
>dude when you compare completely different series with completely different audiences you find that the more obscure series gets less sales so therefore your logic doesn't work lmao

Comparing sales within a series is perfectly reasonable. Go ahead. Argue that Other M and Federation Force aren't the worst Metroid games.
>>
>>37365461
How many times do I have to say I didn't like gen 5? Fucking Christ, did you bonk your head when you passed through your mother's asshole?
>>
>>37365473
You don't have to keep repeating it but you can't stop because of autism. Literally nobody has said anything to contradict you disliking it kek
>>
>>37365474
>Literally nobody
Yeah, that about sums you up, lmao
>>
gen 5 is one or the best gen, everybody knows that, even had better spin offs like pokemon conquest, lgpe are the worst game in the worst gen
>>
>>37365479
>even had better spin offs like pokemon conquest
Compared to Stadium, Stadium 2, Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue, or Mystery Dungeon Sky?
>>
I'm waiting faggots
>>
>>37365490
For what? All you're doing is ignoring what people actually say and screeching autistically
>>
>>37364897
Even if you don't like BW, comparing it to LGPE is just retarded.
It made some pretty dumb choices, but it was still a new region, with new pokemon, and it didn't remove features like ABILITIES or HELD ITEMS because they might intimidate newcomers, and even if it was still a step down in difficulty from Gen 4, it wasn't a literal baby game that holds your hand at every turn. And even if the moving sprites don't always look great, at least it didn't look like it belonged on a console 2 or 3 generations older that just rips the sprites from the previous game and strives to animate as little as possible.
B/W tried and arguably failed, but that's better than not trying whatsoever.
>>
>>37365479
I agree that LGPE is the worst game in the worst gen, but who the fuck played Pokemon Conquest?
>>
>>37365476
you. every 30 seconds.
>>
>>37365425
still sold better than lgpe, lgpe are the lowest selling main games pfhahaha
>>
>>37365360
Platinum had the same amount of side area and postgame content.
>>
>>37365468
>valid reason
Oh, so you can dismiss any point of criticism that anybody brings up as invalid because you disagree with it? But sure, I'll give you some reasons.

>Hydreigon
Is officially based on something that it has absolutely no resemblance to.
>Haxorus
Such a shitty design that people interpret its blades as mandibles. Because having an axe for a head is stupid.
>Volcarona
It's just a fat bug. What's good about it?
>Golurk
Doesn't look like either a Ground type or a Ghost type. Total failure of a design.
>Braviary
It's just a fucking bird
>Mienshao
Nonsensical design. It's a weasel but it's also a Shaolin monk. Nothing interesting or creative about just mashing random ideas together.
>Galvantula
It's just a fucking spider
>Archeops
No complaints, good design
>Carracosta
Yeah, we really needed another fucking turtle Pokemon
>Bisharp
Random blades at its midsection add absolutely nothing to the design and make no sense
>Zoroark
Cheap attempt at Lucario 2.0 whose gimmick was made invalid in the same gen it was introduced
>Ferrothorn
Not much to say either way. Very generic design, not memorable.
>Krookodile
No complaints, good design
>Leavanny
Same as Mienshao. Mashing together mantises and nannies does not an interesting design make.
>Scolipede
No complaints, good design.
>Escavalier
>Accelgor
See Mienshao and and Leavanny. Neither of them even make sense considering their pre-evolutions.
>>
>>37364930
The only features BW didn't carry from HG/SS were walking Pokemon.

Unless other generations add a new/old region along with the original they cannot compete with Gen 2 in post-game content.
>>
>>37365525
You said the legendary birds and regi trio were recolors, I told you that was completely wrong because it is, and you immediately started screeching about autism. Fitting that you have that image saved, it sums up your pathetic existence pretty well.

My advice? Eat a bullet. Spare us all your retardation.
>>
>>37365548
We lost the aforementioned walking Pokemon, as well as the Battle Frontier, contests, secret bases, Game Corner, Safari Zone, even the ability to grow our own berries.
>>
>>37365542
A lot of these reasons are absolute shit in terms of the idea that Gen 5 was the worst. They're your opinions and I respect that, but this does nothing for the Gen 5 hate brigade as a whole. But to counterarugue some of these
>It's just a fat bug
Yeah, it's also a very unique Bug/Fire type based on the sun and the largest species of moth. Also a genuinely good looking design
>Doesn't look like either a Ground type or a Ghost type.
The fact that it's a statuesque golem easily conveys the Ground type(or Steel I admit). Ghost is a bit trickier, if you're not looking at the nameplay though.
>It's just a fucking bird
So? Doesn't mean it isn't a good, appealing design. Majority of Pokemon designs are "just insert animal here" anyways, I don't see how it's suddenly wrong for Gen 5 to do it.
>Nonsensical design. It's a weasel but it's also a Shaolin monk. Nothing interesting or creative about just mashing random ideas together.
I don't see how the mashup is intrinsically bad here. It works, the design(and typing) conveys it. It's also a good looking design
>It's just a fucking spider
Yeah, it's also a very unique Bug/Electric type based on a tarantula with a nameplay on galvanism. Also a good looking design
>Same as Mienshao. Mashing together mantises and nannies does not an interesting design make.
Except it Does? Seriously, what is the grounds for these mashups NOT being interesting?
>See Mienshao and and Leavanny. Neither of them even make sense considering their pre-evolutions.
They're based on the predatory relationship between a species of beetle that eats snails and then steals their shells for themselves. Only here the shell theft benefits both. Shelmet does go from a snail to a bag/tape worm though so you got me there, unless they share the same class in biology(reason why Pikipek and Trumpbeak evolve into Toucannon. Woodpeckers and toucans are closely related apparently)
>>
>>37365557
the post you're responding to is literally the first time I posted in this thread, I've just been following along so......
>>
>>37365542
>Hydregion
The gimmick is that is has fake heads, not only the ones on the arm but also the wings
>Haxours
Agree
>Volcarona
Based on the saying moths to a flame
>Golurk
Based on jewish golem made out of clay futhered by the crack on it's body
>Bravairy
While I don't like the design, the head crest thing is made to resemble native american head wear
>Mienshao
Agree
>Galvantula
Pretty sure some spiders have paralyzing venom
>Archeops
Agree
>Carracosta
motherfucker we have like two dozens dogs a few more turtles would be fine
>Bisharp
While I agree it's a meh design the blades might be a reference to the "groves" pieces
>Zoroark
Agree
>Ferrothorn
Agree
>Levanny
While it doesn't make sense for a mantis the pre-evolutions are based on silk worms
>Scoliopede
Agree
>Escavalier and Accelgor
Gimmick is that they were designed to look like the other way around with karrablast becoming defensive with shelmet's shell and accelgor losing the shell to become fast,also head looks kinda like a helmet
>>
>>37365616
hello me again (with my 3rd post for those playing along) and I'm actually really gonna need you to tell me that you understand that there's more than one anon?

You've already proved us right, it's fine, I honestly am just checking you're not convinced you're having some intense shonen level argument with a specific anon because as far as I can tell you've been responding to at least 3 anons as if they were one and it's concerning. Judging by their responses they've noticed too.

Keep your chin up, bud. We all believe in you.

(But seriously please answer the question)
>>
Stop fighting over fucking videogames. There are far more important things to debate, like politics, WW3 or how Russia created the first zombie.
>>
>>37365616
Oh damn, and here I was hoping it took you 20 minutes to come up with that because you followed my advice. That's a real shame.
>>
>>37365616
>hey guys don't mind me I'm totally not that other anon haha
Kek, you got blown the fuck out kid. Maybe you should just hide the thread and pretend it never happened.
>>
>>37365637
>>37365651
>>welp, believe it or not, am actually not the same anon
kek, keep trying though. you really can't stop, can you?
>>
>>37364897
Shitty games that people jerk off because they don’t know any better? Yes.
>>
>>37365620
>>37365542
Guys Leavanny is NOT a mantis
It’s a leaf insect
It shares nothing in common with a typical mantis
>>
>>37365654
Dude, he told you to kys and you immediately started pretending to be somebody else. You are not fooling anybody. It's time to give up.
>>
>>37365654
>you really can't stop, can you?
Nope, batting you around is so easy that I would probably manage to break you psychologically even if I stopped replying to you altogether.

>>37365629
Case in point, I didn't reply for five minutes and you started replying to yourself.
>>
>>37365661

I am legit laughing my stoned ass off at how much you think I'm the original anon that Autism Jones started arguing with to begin with (and the best part is, I didn't even disagree. the birds and regi trio aren't technically recolours so he had him beat there ((maybe why he stopped responding?)))

>>37365629
I've noticed he hasn't answered my question either.
>>
>>37365667
out of concern, nigga. and an afterthought. crazy, I know.

>>37365667
>>batting you around is so easy that I would probably manage to break you psychologically even if I stopped replying to you altogether.

yeah, no stronger way to prove your austim than that. tell you what, if you don't respond AT ALL: you get to win. all yours. you did it.

STARTING NOW GO
>>
>>37365661
maybe that dude really did kill himself
>>
>>37365671
>((maybe why he stopped responding?)))
That doesn't even make sense. If you really are just some bystander who wandered into the thread, then you wouldn't presume he even saw that, since there was a 30 minute gap between his last post and my next one that wasn't even replying to him. I'm sure it's just an honest mistake that you assumed he somehow knows what you know, you know?

>>37365675
>replying to the same post twice
Yeah, sounds good. I'll sit back and watch you hold a conversation with yourself. Have fun.

P.S. Unova sucks donkey dick.
>>
>>37365691
>P.S. Unova sucks donkey dick.
And your taste is steaming donkey shit.
>>
>>37365671
>stoned
DUDE
>>
File: 1479476870483.jpg (247 KB, 1224x1445)
247 KB
247 KB JPG
>>37365691
kek. it was so easy but you just couldn't do it. you lost.

I was rootin' for you too.

(And it's not a wild assumption that if he was even slightly invested in the argument that he could have seen your response (30 minutes is not a long time in "wasting my life on this board" time and I've noticed you have a slight obsession with time... but I guess we can assume whatever, hence this back and forth)
>>
>>37364897
lol no, lgpe is the most hated pokemon game, every forum hates it, maybe if it were a ds game but it's in switch
>>
>>37365706
yeah, mate? want one?
>>
>>37365711
even genwunners hate it because looks stupid and kiddy
>>
>>37365711
BW were treated the same way before B2W2 came out. Though I doubt we're getting LGP2E2 any time soon.
>>
Once again, unovabortions scream with insecurity when their shitty games get rightfully brought down.
>>
>>37365114
Technically..... It was BW2 that started us down this path. BW's widespread hate for not being able to use Gyarados again is why subsequent Gens have been so pandery. (And why we'll never see a 150 mon Gen again.)
>>
>>37364897
Shit? Yes.
>>
>>37365114
>Most linear region at the time
>Nurses and Doctors every where
>OH BETTER MAKE SURE THE PLAYERS LEARN TYPE MATCHUPS BY MAKING THEM STEP ON BIG BUTTONS
>Forced to catch the legendary
>Gym leaders only have three Pokemon
>team preview in online

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.