[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1542911976036.jpg (654 KB, 1186x1920)
654 KB
654 KB JPG
I'm totally fine with how LGPE turned out. It wasn't meant to be this groundbreaking new Switch title, it was supposed to be for entry fans to the series and casuals. And even people who aren't in this group enjoyed the game (most of them, anyway). LGPE probably turned out exactly how GAME FREAK expected it to and I'm fine that it wasn't Gen 8.

I think GAME FREAK knew what they were doing with LGPE, if it wasn't obvious. They warned us that a "traditional" game was coming in 2019, knowing damn well it would be disruptive to the fan base. Why would they tell us a new game was coming if they didn't expect the fan base to be divided/unsure. They did the same thing with USUM because they knew damn well most people were expecting 2017 to be the first switch game. So what did they tell us? "Pokemon Switch coming 2018."

I feel like I'm one of the only people that believes that GAME FREAK actually know what they're doing with this, and I'm as hyped as ever for Gen 8 this year. I really think they'll blow all of us out of the water with this one.
>>
>>37361601
$0.01 has been deposited in your account
>>
>>37361601
Agreed, considering the game was just meant to be a quick no-effort cash grab it did a perfect job being exactly that and nothing else.
>>
>>37361601
I see what you mean. Idk if I should be confident with gen 8 tho, it's really all to see, I guess... GameFreak maybe know what they're doing, but why for example LGPE has framerate drops in some parts of the game even with that simple graphics? I wonder if they're that capable... Even they themselves admitted that developing for the Switch was "harder than they expected", so I don't really know.
>>
>>37361601
But was it worth 60$?
>>
>>37361601
>actually buying this shit
>>
It was pretty obvious with the "Stars" rumors that they were just porting over the Pokemon Sun and Moon engine.

People's imaginations ran wild after playing or seeing Breath of the Wild and demand that kind of gameplay without thinking how it would work with Pokemon
>>
>>37361601
>It wasn't meant to be this groundbreaking new Switch title
that doesn't exempt it from criticism any other game goes through
>>37361601
>, it was supposed to be for entry fans to the series and casuals.
so is persona but those are still objectively well made games with effort put into them
>>
>>37361601
They said it was supposed to appeal to veterans and casuals alike. Go fuck yourself
>>
>>37361601
LGPE lowers the floor of possible game quality.

Fuck this game. It doesn't deserve to exist.
>>
>>37364278
>Effort put into them
>>
>>37361601
>I feel like I'm one of the only people that believes that GAME FREAK actually know what they're doing with this, and I'm as hyped as ever for Gen 8 this year. I really think they'll blow all of us out of the water with this one
You’re a certified retard
>>
>>37361601
Okay if it was supposed to be for entry fans, that's fine. However, why treat them like they are less intelligent than kids who played Red and Blue or any Pokemon game after by dumbing it down beyond belief?
>>
>>37364425
Only Masuda said that in some random interview. The actual marketing never mentions veteran players.
>>
>>37361601
>Why would they tell us a new game was coming if they didn't expect the fan base to be divided/unsure.
Because they announced said game a year before that.
>>
>>37364260
It's only the minority that wants the game play like that. Most of us are talking about content and intent when saying we want something like BotW.

In general, in other words, we wanted them to go back to the roots and build up with all of the content with more to explore, not make a shitty action RPG.

Just because you're so dense that you can only grasp the action part of BotW doesn't mean exploration and content is a no-no for Pokémon.
>>
>>37365507
The fact that the game is in Kanto again makes it hard to believe that
>>
>>37361601
>Why did they tell us a new game was coming if they didn’t expect the fan base to divided/unsure
>>
Only autists (i.e. 4chan) will shit on this game whilst sucking the arsehole out of the last batch of pokegame abominations in gen 6/7.

My only two gripes with it are lack of held items and abilities, rest was great. Hopefully the next pokemon game is like this with added complexity
>>
>>37365911
In hindsight USUM have no reason to exist since LGPE was also in development at the time. They really are filler games.
>>
>>37365898
KANTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: soy.jpg (995 KB, 1904x1080)
995 KB
995 KB JPG
>>37366506
>>
>>37361601
its dumb how they said in an interview that LGPE also appeals to pokemon veterans
when the game is piss easy and any veteran is sick of kanto by now

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.