[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: test.png (12 KB, 800x463)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
/mon/ is as fucking necessary as ever (this includes things like Medabots). Otherwise the situation will get worse with threads about persona, temtem, yokai or monster crowns popping up relentlessly. Stop acting like preschool kids having recess war because digimon or yokai watch are "pokemon ripoffs" when Pokemon itself isn't exactly a complete pioneer idea, not even SMT nor that old ass game Mail Order Monsters. We know everything has the same core idea and that many of us enjoy indiscriminately other similar series and games and would like to have a space to share our taste without getting shut down because it's not Pokemon every time we want to talk about a game or show even if thematically and objecticaly they keep some relation.
>>
>>37174779
>many of us enjoy indiscriminately other similar series and games
*citation needed*
>>
>>37174779
so like changing /vp/ to /mon/ or just /mon/ containment threads?
>>
>>37174779
>/mon/ is as fucking necessary as ever
No it's not. Fuck off with this retarded idea.
>>
>>37174779
Pokemon is the only monster game I am ever going to care about
>>
desu the collectathon genre is expansive enough to warrant it
>pokemon
>digimon
>SMT
>yugioh
>beyblade
>dragonquest
>monhun
>yokai watch
>megaman
>duel masters
>MTG
>medabots
>2hu
>bakugan
>monster rancher
>fossil fighters
>dinosaur king
>virtually any gachashit rpg
>>
>>37174779
I support changing /vp/ to /Mon/
>>
>>37174779
The entire point of /vp/ is that it's containment because Pokemon completely eclipses every other franchise. If you want to discuss other shit fuck off to /v/ or /a/.
>>
>>37174860
>because Pokemon completely eclipses every other franchise.
/vp/ is going the way of /mlp/ so that no longer applies. if gen 8 is nothing worthwhile you can pretty much consider this board dead
>>
>>37174879
>is going the way of /mlp/
No it's not. Also /mlp/ is still around so your argument doesn't even make sense.
>>
>>37174808
I do
>>
>>37174779
>p-please let me shitty franchises leech onto the board guys!

lmao nah fuck off
>>
>>37174822
I haven't considered making another containment for /mon/ because I seek inclusion and not having either a complete wasteland, shitposting or constant fake-leaks in drought seasons so we can talk about something else.Those who just say go to /v/ or /vr/ you know it's not exactly the same vibe and /vp/ exists for that same reason.
I believe it's time this board adapts to new times and genuinely think everyone can benefit from a change of name. Also let's be honest it's not like Pokemon won't be the main point of discussion.
>>
>>37174896
>Those who just say go to /v/ or /vr/ you know it's not exactly the same vibe
yes it is.
>>
>>37174894
>SMT Nocturne and Persona.
>Shitty franchises
Pick one.
>>
>>37174779
Medabots's fanbase barely exists, Digimon is legitimate garbage, Yokai watch already died and is only used for bait threads, and Pokemon could actually take a thing or 2 from smt, but they do a good job staying in /vg/.
>>
File: 1308124850252.png (258 KB, 600x600)
258 KB
258 KB PNG
>>37174779
Yeah, at the very least allow general threads, because every year /vp/ is getting more barren.
Mods don't seem to be so vigilant in deleting non-Pokemon threads anymore, so just start talking about whatever you feel like and see how it goes.

>>37174894
This board is already based around a shitty franchise.
>>
>>37174808
i do. i think it would help a digimon resurgence as it deserves
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (123 KB, 1280x720)
123 KB
123 KB JPG
>>37174915
1st: USM and LGPE have nothing to do against Yokai-Watch 4, they only stand because of brand recognition
2nd: They "died" because they artificially haven't got a proper space to discuss their interest and have been shut down by reactionary people afraid of the teeny-tiniest competence against the bigass unbeatable emperor Pokemon, you pokenazi. I swear you are worse than the Genwunners you constantly bitch about...
>>
>>37174921
>>37174941
Thanks I'm glad I'm not alone.
>>
>>37174779
lol no

t. moot
>>
>>37174955
With both YW3 and YW4 being much better than the last 6 years worth of Pokemon games, it's only die hard Pokemon fans who would argue that the franchise is dead.
>>
>>37174958
I also really enjoy Dragon Quest Monsters. Monster-collecting is by far my favorite genre, I accept that Pokemon will always be the most popular franchise but it's frustrating to see everything in the genre compared to it, though I understand. (Digimon came out first)
>>
>>37174955
>you pokenazi. I swear you are worse than the Genwunners you constantly bitch about...
most genwunners are pokenazis though. the whole "calling anything I don't like digimon" is a genwunner meme
>>
>>37175052
But not all pokenazis are genwunners, most are, not all.
>>
>>37174903
I'll pick both.

>>37174921
>This board is already based around a shitty franchise.
Nope. Stop trying to pretend your garbage knock off franchises are on the same level.
>>
>>37174955
>They "died" because they artificially haven't got a proper space to discuss their interest
no, they died because they're shitty mediocre franchises. Stop pretending a section on a chinese macro board is going to magically revive them and fuck off to /vg/.
>>
>>37174779
>We know everything has the same core idea and that many of us enjoy indiscriminately other similar series and games and would like to have a space to share our taste without getting shut down because it's not Pokemon
That exists.

>>>/v/
>>
>>37174779
Nobody but 3 melvins partecipate in these threads, you wish the situation was like you described
>>
cry harder about how your niche monster catching series.
>>
>>37174808
i do. i'm an even bigger fan of smt and digimon than pokemon.
>>
>>37174894
>shitty franchises
oh, you mean like pokemon from gen 6 on?
>>
A board dedicated to the genre would just get flooded with mobage shit.

Aren’t discussions for other monster hunting games allowed here already anyway? Or would a SMT thread get banned?
>>
>>37175761
nah, they usually get deleted unless they're "subtle"
>>
>>37175761
no, they get deleted on sight despite typically having actual discussion compared to all the unova-bashing, incineroar-bashing, and "ironic" lgpe shilling threads that are allowed to stay up.
>>
>>37174779
i never played persona. i never thought it was a monster game?
>>
>>37175771
Kinda
>>
>>37175763
>>37175768
Well that’s fucking lame.
>>
>>37175771
persona is a spinoff of shin megami tensei, which is a long-running series of jrpgs that pokemon kind of ripped off in the first place.
smt and persona revolve around collecting demons/personas to fight with, similar to catching pokemon. how you do that depends on the game. in 1 and 2, you negotiate with demons for spell cards to use in fusion (or summoning), in 3 and 4, you get them through an rng shuffle game after battles, and in 5, you negotiate directly with them to join your team. instead of an evolution system like pokemon, you get stronger demons/personas by fusing two or more of the ones you already have together.
>>
>>37175771
Not totally sure but I think SMT - what it’s a spinoff of - has more focus on monster catching than persona does.
>>
>>37174779
I agree. /mon/ seems it would be the best way to do this, and then have generals for each series(so there's always at least something up for each one) then specific threads about whatever from each of them
>>
File: 1512055397635.jpg (58 KB, 400x300)
58 KB
58 KB JPG
It won't happen. Pokemon fags are literally so autistic they get anally ravaged whenever they see another monster battling/collecting franchise being discussed.
>>
>>37174779
Discussion of anything else will just be drowned by pokemon discussion. Maybe if a single thread was allowed then threads wouldn't die immediately
>>
>>37175209
SMT and Dragon Quest Monsters are definitely not knock offs.
>>
>>37174825
Faggot detected, get out of here.
>>
>>37174779
Good luck Anon. A lot feel the same way and just ignore the people that say 'go to /v/' because we are just going to get swamped down that our threads would never see the light of day. /vp/ should be changed, otherwise the same could be said for all of this board, just go to /v/. I have had some awesome discussions on /vp/ about digimon countless times.
>>
>>37174921
I have yet to see a Temtem thread make it to page 10.
>>
>>37174955
Yokai-Watch is 100% Japanese cultural references. It'll never be big in the west because of that.
>>
>>37176003
just make some western yokais then, gosh
>>
File: 1244558630875.png (11 KB, 500x500)
11 KB
11 KB PNG
>>37176007
>>
>>37175986
Well I'm tired of ignoring dumbasses, I like what some anon said about making generals about the main franchises and having normal threads around newer and smaller ones. People would still shitposting but if we want to know about the new x-antibodies or whatever or discuss about SMT V we wouldn't have to go to shittier sites.
>>
>>37175736
lol then that's your problem, this is /vp/.
>>
what?

no, let those cucks have threads on /vg/

fuck, if anything close /vp/ and give the autists here a containment thread on /vg/ too
>>
>>37176033
Talking about X-Antibodies, I just pre-ordered the black and white one. I also got the 20th Brown and Grey original Digivices. Which ones are you looking to get Anon? And are you excited about the Digimon coming to the switch?
>>
>>37174879
>/vp/ is going the way of /mlp/
>>
>>37175986
/v/ actually gets some surprisingly decent digimon threads from time to time. probably some of the comfiest threads on the board when it happens.
>>
File: IMG_20181207_154456.jpg (134 KB, 805x900)
134 KB
134 KB JPG
>>37176054
I like the X pendulum better, if I can I'll get both black and white and of course I'm excited about survive, it'll surely have a bigger reception than other entries since is getting translated to all the major languages and also reminds me of devil survivor.
>>
>>37176054
i don't have the patience or attention span for a v-pet, but if i did, i'd probably end up getting white because beelko x, lordknightmon x and diablomon x are all on it.
>>
>>37176007
Well they have Merican Yokai in YW3.
>>
>>37174779
People on /vp/ are talking about Persona and Monster Crown?
>>
>>37175986
>we are just going to get swamped down that our threads would never see the light of day
so exactly what would happen on /vp/?
>>
>>37176033
>I like what some anon said about making generals about the main franchises and having normal threads around newer and smaller ones.
that already exists

it's called /vg/ and /v/
>>
>>37174903
>SMT Nocturne
>franchise
Are you retarded?
>>
>>37176404
Yes, nocturnefags are this retarded
>>
>>37176410
Boy I can't wait for SMT Nocturne 3.
Or was SMT Nocturne Strange Journey SMT Nocturne 2? Would that make the Switch game SMT Nocturne 4?
Fucking hell it's like calling every Elder Scrolls game "Skyrim x".
>>
>>37175737
No. I mean like the garbage you keep trying to force on this board for no reason.
>>
>>37176417
Todd's probably going to market TESVI as Skyrim 2.
>>
>>37174779
I fear it would become like /pol/ where 90% of the discussion is amerimutt gossip, with pokefags being the mutts of /mon/.
>>
File: Screenshot (45).png (191 KB, 1325x527)
191 KB
191 KB PNG
>>37175209
>knock off
>SMT
You don't unironically only play Pokemon games for your monster catching fix, do you?
>>
>>37176404
As if a little fuck up makes my point less valid.
>>
>>37174779
Both pedophiles and pokephiles ruined this board.

>But theyre not real so its OK for me to obsess over Misty's armpit and Charizard's crotch!!!!
>>
>>37176877
>crotch
I prefer to obsess over her tailhole
>>
>>37176891
Good for you faggot.
>>
>>37176893
What have I done to anger you, son of man?
>>
>>37176900
By being a pokephile and or pedophile and spreading your faggotry everywhere on this board.
>>
>>37176495
>>knock off
>>SMT
Yes. Unless there's a SMT board pokemon fans are begging to leech off of that I missed.
>>
>>37176917
Just hide the threads.
>>
>>37174779
>let's make /vp/ into /v/ 2.0

are you retarded?
>>
>>37176923
They also steer threads that have nothing to do with it towards their unhealthy fetishes.

>Want to talk about a Pokemon? Oh wait lets talk about how it makes me horny instead.

>Want to talk about an anime episode? Lets obsess on a specific frame of a 10 year old girl that some people could interpret as sexy.
>>
The problem with monster collecting games is that they are too similar and, in the end, vp will always end up talking about other franchises during the news dry season. Same thing happens to other franchises in their respective boards. A /mon/ board would mostly be a containment board for pokemon but it would allow more conversation and life so I'm all for it.
>>
I'm ok with allowing an SMT general as long as all persona threads get banned. At least SMT deserves recognition for pioneering the genre so it could be argued Pokemon owes it "something", but Persona is just garbage and its fanbase probably one of the worst in all of gaming. I'm partial to Medarot too because the part-swapping idea is at least interesting. I liked Digimon, but it used to be the direct competitor of Pokemon so allowing it here would be blasphemy.
>>
>>37174894
>p-please let me shitty franchises leech onto the board guys!
The only thing worse than a shitty franchise is a baddy bad one.
>>
>>37177080
Fair enough, though the girls in Pokemon are only 10 officially. They've clearly gone through puberty.
>>
File: 1541192154571.jpg (500 KB, 1280x1707)
500 KB
500 KB JPG
>>37175209
>>37176920
> I-It doesn't matter if you came out first! My franchise is SO popular it doesn't matter! I am- I mean Pokemon is better than all of you!

Keep in mind having a board doesn't make you a chosen one, maybe Pokemon games should stop babying their audience so they can realize that. Nobody cares you're a pokefag, it's just in the sake of convenience.
>>
>>37175209
You have to be deep within retardation to even think Pokemon can compete with SMT or Dragon Quest in any aspect outside popularity.

>>37177092
I agree, just take a look at /pg/ in /vg/, all they do is spam "X is cute!", "I want to fuck X", "I love X" or shit like that and nothing else, it's a cesspool of autism.
>>
>>37174808
I don't, they all suck dick.
>>
>>37174894
This.
>>
>>37174879
that's just flat out dumb

people are here EVEN when the games are bad just to shitpost
>>
>>37177100
If theyre under 18 and you find them sexually appealing in any way you are a pedophile. Doesnt matter if theyre real or not.
>>
>>37177104
Just post your shit on /v/ retard.
>>
>>37177110
>it's a cesspool of autism
That's very mean and uncalled for to autistic people. Just because someone has autism doesn't mean they're some mouthbreather pervert moron.
>>
>>37177092
> I liked Digimon, but it used to be the direct competitor of Pokemon so allowing it here would be blasphemy.
Not really? It started out as a boy's tamagotchi, the mon suffix isn't anything special, since Pachimon was a thing before Pokemon & Digimon. Even now Digimon is more like Soul Hackers than anything.
>>
>>37174779
Just go to /v/.

It's actually a better board. They're better at funposting too.
>>
>>37177135
That's factually false, a pedophile is someone who is sexually attracted to pre-pubescent kids. Officially 13 or lower.

Almost all men are attracted to females that have fully gone through puberty, legal or not.
>>
>>37177191
The definition of a pedophile is an adult who is sexually interested in a child. You are a child from ages 0-17. Hitting puberty doesnt matter as the definition of pedophilia refers to the age, not their puberty status. If you are an adult who is interested in the sexual aspect of a child then you are a fucking pedophile.
>>
File: pachimon-card-set-mosaic.png (1.89 MB, 1200x696)
1.89 MB
1.89 MB PNG
>>37177183
Oh so that level 5 game attack of the Friday monsters was based on Pachimon, I didn't know the actual name of those cards.
>>
a /mon/ board could consist of 10% generals for different series & 90% pokemon

/v/ is a fine place for it because few monster games are full blown franchises. /vp/ was created because Pokemon was a cancer in /v/, /a/, and /toy/
>>
>>37177225
Sorry senpai, but that's legally incorrect. And in most countries in the world, the legal age of consent is more around 14 or 15.

>Pedophilia (alternatively spelled paedophilia) is a psychiatric disorder in which an adult or older adolescent experiences a primary or exclusive sexual attraction to prepubescent children. Although girls typically begin the process of puberty at age 10 or 11, and boys at age 11 or 12, criteria for pedophilia extend the cut-off point for prepubescence to age 13.
>>
>>37174779
>>37174808
All the "monster collection" games except Pokemon suck dick
Pokemon isn't perfect, but the foundation for greatness is already there, and the formula for fun already has been carried out if you're willing to shut off your brain for the most intricate details only nerdy decades-long fans will notice or care about.
>>
>>37177225
Not them, but in the USA a child is a minor but a minor isn't necessarily a child. Children as a legal definition are up to 13 years of age; from 14 to 17 they are referred to as "juveniles". I get the point you're making, but making ignorant and false statements to support your view helps no one.
>>
>>37174860
>If you want to discuss other shit fuck off to /vg/
>>
>>37174779
>>37174847
Let’s discuss the greatest monster collecting/raising game series, Jade Cocoon
>>
>>37177268
Different countries have different ages of consent.

Besides even if you were right the girls in Pokemon are still 10 years old who at the very most have started the beginning phases of puberty as you just quoted. Regardless the people who get boners from these girls are still fucking pedophiles.
>>
>>37174903
Persona is weeb shit and Shin Megami Tensei is not as good as internet warriors would have one believe.
And what does Persona even have to do with the topic at hand, anyway
Fuck off
>>
>>37174915
*SMT could take a thing or 2 from Pokemon
>>
>>37177287
Yup. That's the idea.
>>
>>37177289
Never heard of that actually
Now is your chance to redpill if you aren't purely shitposting
>>
>>37177290
Men are wired to look for signs of fertility. Hips and boobs are clear signifiers, and men will go for anything that has them. Basically all Pokegirls have those, meaning they've hit puberty. Their bodies do not look like those of a 10 year old, doesn't matter what age GF wants to slap on them.
>>
>>37177110
>You have to be deep within retardation to even think Pokemon can compete with SMT or Dragon Quest in any aspect outside popularity.
Well it isn't tied down by years of JRPG tradition, which includes barren and unoriginal movesets
It also actually is about monsters fighting monsters, straight up
And not even lastly, its monster designs are varied and distinct and unique; prior to Gen V, the quality of those designs had an appeal unlike any other
Pokemon isn't good because it's popular, it's popular because it's good
>>
>>37177303
I’m partially shit posting, I do quite like the series but it’s been dead for almost 2 decades. The first game is like a cross between pokemon and a traditional jrpg it’s very story focused there are lots of monsters to find and capture and the merging system is neat a con is that it’s short. Just look at some videos of both games. If you’re a fan of the genre you’ll probably get some enjoyment out of them
>>
>>37175052
> the whole "calling anything I don't like digimon" is a genwunner meme
You see people call Pokemon like Blastoise, Rhydon, Jigglypuff, Hitmonlee and many others "Digimon" that I feel as though Pokemon fans don't actually know what a fucking Digimon looks like.
>>
>>37177316
Theyre still 10. Stop trying to justify these mentally ill fucks.
>>
File: 1522624876716.gif (393 KB, 200x230)
393 KB
393 KB GIF
>>37177263
>he thinks other series will get even 10% discussion
>>
>>37177339
With a combined total they'd be lucky to hit 2%.
>>
>>37177328
There's gonna be retards in every batch. Digimon means overdesigned, humanoid and/or cybernetic. Too many pointless bits tacked on, literal humans, cybernetic implants.
>>
>>37177331
If I draw a girl with birthing hips and cow-tits, but label her 8 years old, are you a pedophile if you find it sexually attractive?
>>
>>37177328
Blastoise is a bad design, but true, none of those look like Digimon.
Hitmonlee is pretty Pokemon, though bogged down by its clear anthropomorphism.
>>
>>37175215
> no, they died because they're shitty mediocre franchises.
They aren't dead, and considering something as horrendous as LGPE can sell millions say Pokenazis are willing to turn a blind eye as long as it has Pokemon on a title. Can you really argue a polished 3DS title with a higher price, $50 Mew, frame problems and less content than a game on a cheaper console A YEAR BEFORE can compare to the leap YW3 took to YW4? Or hell, Cyber Sleuth to Hacker's Memory? Quality is an irrelevant thing when it comes to Pokemon because underage brats like you will buy anything that has it on the box, I honestly wonder how anyone thinks yearly releases is dead though, when your cheap as dirt franchise does the same.
>>
>>37177348
In that case it's probably a genetic experiment, which wouldn't quite be human.
>>
File: 1542742083159.jpg (93 KB, 1006x1080)
93 KB
93 KB JPG
>>37175215
> They're dead because they're bad!!
> Actually they have yearly releases and saleswise are pretty alright
> THEY DEADY DEAD BECAUSE THEY'RE BADDY BAD!
It's okay, they're dead see? All gone! Don't cry!
>>
>>37177353
Don’t care virgin
>>
>>37174779
>/mon/ is as fucking necessary as ever
No it's not. This board is one of the more active ones on the entire website. Why would you add more garbage into it?
>>
>>37177362
> Don't care
You cared enough to throw a tantrum over your superiority complex, kinda too late to play it off.
>>
>>37177367
SEETHING incel manbaby
>>
>>37177367
*yawn*
>>
>>37177370
>>37177372
Still going through the tantrum I guess, Considering Pokemon has to add moves like Splishy Splashy and Baddy Bad, I'm pretty sure their games are made for literal manbabies, No surprise.
>>
>>37177380
It's supposed to be a thing to get girls into the games, they like it when their cute Pokemon can beat the crap out of everything with silly-sounding moves instead of having to use "ugly" Pokemon for boys.
>>
File: 10yo.jpg (280 KB, 787x597)
280 KB
280 KB JPG
>>37177360
Well, what Pokemon does is almost that, just a bit more subtle.
>>
>>37177384
> It's childish and goofy because it's for girls
I'm pretty goddamn sure LGPE's target audience is anything but girls.
>>
File: 'everyone'.png (1.56 MB, 1366x768)
1.56 MB
1.56 MB PNG
>>37177399
It's a game for Everyone.
Old, young, boys, girls, casual, hardcore, even those who've never played a videogame in their life.
>>
>>37177400
> It's a game for everyone
Every Pokemon game can technically fall into that line, even the hardest titles are made new-player friendly. It panders to very young kids, probably boys and girls sure but anyone above 14 is just there for the ride, Master Trainers feel like an after thought as there is no fun exploration or using Pokemon you like as much as mirror matches that give you nothing in return, Hell, even if you want the Grand Master title (Again, does nothing.) You need a GO account to grind in too and $50 for Mew. It's not really a game for everyone as much as it is a game for kids that everyone can play.
>>
>>37177395
Left isn't Asian though and May only has buds while Dawn is flat
And pic related acts like having wider hips than shoulders or waist isn't a fundamental aspect of female anatomy
>>
>>37177384
Nishida has basically been the designer who makes Pokemon for girls
>>
>>37177348
The girls in Pokemon aren't even drawn as adults. They aren't even drawn as teenagers. Theyre drawn as kids. Maybe slightly older than 10, but still drawn as children.
>>
>>37177417
What do you mean? Yes, all women who went through puberty have hips significantly wider than their waist. May and Dawn clearly portrait this feature. Their boobs aren't very large, granted. But large breasts are rare in the Pokemon world anyway, even among adults. Besides, they're a secondary sexual characteristic, hips are a primary and universally seen as sexually attractive through all cultures on earth.
>>
>>37177442
See:
>>37177395

That's not what kids look like in reality, they're drawn as teens.
>>
>>37177343
>Digimon means overdesigned, humanoid and/or cybernetic.
no, it means "pokemon i don't like."
>>
>>37177467
Only for idiots.
>>
>>37177444
I said females, not exclusively adult females
and it doesn't matter what body parts are fetishized
>>
>>37177474
idiots are the only people who compare pokemon to digimon at all.
they don't look similar, they have totally different design philosophies, it's just a lazy cliche people use so they don't have to articulate why they don't like a design.
>>
>>37174825
/thread
>>
>>37177343
> Digimon means overdesigned, humanoid and/or cybernetic.
Not really, that description only holds up for about 1/5th of Digimon, it's no different than someone who hasn't seen Pokemon in years seeing Complete Zygarde, Mega Rayquaza or Dusk Mane Necrozma and saying how all of the new Pokemon look like Tryhard Yugioh Monsters, the more complicated designs are saved for the strongest and over the top forms, while the majority of the designs are simplistic, the only problem with Digimon is that they've done this much longer than Pokemon.
>>
>>37177479
>I said females, not exclusively adult females
Then you're wrong. The broad hips in girls and broad shoulders in boys are formed during puberty.

>and it doesn't matter what body parts are fetishized
Interest in primary or secondary sexual characteristics is not fetishzation.
>>
>>37177481
Or simply memetics, a bunch of
empty words they throw around without actually caring why.
>>
>>37177481
If a Pokemon moves away from the Pokemon design philosophy and towards overdesign, humanoids, or cybernetics, it's clearly more Digimon like than most Pokemon.
>>
>>37177494
While I'm not super familiar with Digimon, all lists of Digimon I can find have an overwhelming amount of overdesigned/humanoid/cybernetic mons, so I doubt your 1/5 claim.
>>
>>37177494
>>
File: Diaboromon_X_b.jpg (306 KB, 1000x1159)
306 KB
306 KB JPG
>>37177505
No, it's just overdesigned and pokenazis don't know how an actual overdesigned digimon is like, see pic related.
>>
File: Drimogemon.jpg (33 KB, 320x320)
33 KB
33 KB JPG
>>37177522
Different anon but im gonna keep posting digimon with an appropriate level of design
>>
>>37174779
We compare/contrast others to Pokémon all the time which is all we really need since the player base is much smaller for the rest.

Your own argument acknowledges we don't need this because any of the overlap between player bases you mention tells us that the actual player base who would need this is even smaller than the sales numbers tell us.

Making it pointless to have a genre specific board since, again, those of us who are interested in any of the other games in the genre are already comparing them to Pokémon.
>>
And now a simpler design that could easily pass as a gen 2 pokemon.
>>
>>37177535
All the X forms look crazy ya cherry picker
>>
>>37177535
Yes, obviously it's not literally a Digimon if it's overdesigned.

>>37177541
Be my guest, but that doesn't change the average Digimon. How about you post some evolved Digimon with appropriate levels of design? The unevolved ones are all pretty simple.
>>
File: 1478749722437.png (190 KB, 540x482)
190 KB
190 KB PNG
I'd love to see threads about other mon games as I'm a big fan of Digimon and Fossil Fighters, but I think a /mon/ general would be an issue.

It'd be like having a Care Bears general on /mlp/. Sure, you'd get ignored on /co/, but it wouldn't really fly in /mlp/ either, even though the growth of the community and general interest has hit a plateau.
>>
>>37177547
Survive sounds like its gonna be dope
>>
File: Penguinmon.png (919 KB, 1200x1200)
919 KB
919 KB PNG
>>37177522
Again, that pretty much applies to the majority of late stages, there is also what you would consider overdesigned, like something like Palkia overdesigned but just your average space dragon to another person. Pic related would be a Digimon some would say could get a bit of a tone down but I wouldn't say it's anywhere near as bad as the late ones.
>>
File: perrocacamon.jpg (39 KB, 307x507)
39 KB
39 KB JPG
>>37177547
Survive news when?
>>
File: x3_october24_2018.jpg (62 KB, 600x675)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>37177557
Not all, Dracomon X looks like any other Greymon/Tyrannomon/Veedramon Digimon, except a child.
>>
>>37177566
Pokemon are supposed to be actual animals that are part of an ecosystem, so it's unfitting for them to have nonsenstical attachments and patterns everywhere, let alone cybernetic implants.
>>
File: Dinorexmon.jpg (56 KB, 320x320)
56 KB
56 KB JPG
>>37177541
>>37177559
Mega level
>>
>>37177495
>Then you're wrong. The broad hips in girls and broad shoulders in boys are formed during puberty.
I found no evidence to suggest that that they don't already have rudimentary size differences regardless of how puberty changes things
>Interest in primary or secondary sexual characteristics is not fetishzation.
In a broad sense it is.
>>
>>37177547
It's got Digimon literally written on its face
>>
>>37177566
Most early digimon have relatively clean designs compared to later characters. Heck, even relatively recent digimon are simple to draw. Sunflowmon, Lilamon, Gaogamon and Dorulumon come to mind.
>>
File: Triceramonx.jpg (55 KB, 320x320)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>37177576
Tricera X is my favorite boi
>>
>>37177581
More natural body decals would be nice. If anything Pokemon are too under designed.
>>
>>37177557
My point was them not knowing what the fuck the say calling regular metalgarurumon overdesigned and implying things like zekrom or dialga fall under that same description too.
>>
>>37177581
That's the thing, that's the majority of Pokemon, and even in the beginning you could argue against that with Pokemon like Mr.Mime and Magnemite, or Pokemon that aren't even based on animals or are artifical, like Type:Null or Deoxys, You could argue that Digimon like >>37177557 and >>37177547 fit that critera more than a decent amount of Pokemon. There's also the fact Digimon aren't just wild animals either.
>>
Guys where's a good website to discuss about digimon?
>>
>>37177602
If people think MetalGaruru is overdesigned they haven't seen half of it haha
>>
>>37177581
Jynx, mangnemite, cryogonal, klingklang, Machamp...
>>
>>37177505
>If a Pokemon moves away from the Pokemon design philosophy
this has literally never happened. newer pokemon tend to be a little more detailed than older ones, but they still don't look out-of-place.
>overdesign
another cliche that people use to get out of explaining why they don't like something.
>humanoids
hate to break it to you, but humanoids have been part of the pokemon aesthetic from day one. there's also nothing inherently wrong with humanoid monsters, they've always been a recurring motif in fiction.
>>
File: Metalgarurumonx.jpg (60 KB, 320x320)
60 KB
60 KB JPG
>>37177615
Forgot pic hehe
>>
File: diablomonx.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>37177535
i really like diablomon x's design, but the reference book art doesn't really do it any favors. i like the concept art better.
>>
File: Gabumon 2.png (1.08 MB, 1200x1145)
1.08 MB
1.08 MB PNG
>>37177615
Some people think Gabumon is already overdesigned, at least compared to basic staged Pokemon like Charmander and Piplup
>>
>>37177615
Oh they do, better not show them the old artwork of metalgarurumon x just in case they suffer an aneurysm.
>>
File: images (2).jpg (10 KB, 189x267)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>37177610
I dk honestly im hoping for a boost the the /vg/ board when survive comes out.besides there, with the will i guess
>>
>>37177610
there's a nice general thread on /vg/ that could use some more activity. there's also withthewill, they're a great source for news.
>>
>>37177630
Charmander eats a huge bag of dicks compared to Gabo.
>>
File: Gabumon_art_mini2.gif (9 KB, 190x190)
9 KB
9 KB GIF
>>37177630
Its called personality, baby
>>
>>37177635
>>37177642

Ok thanks.
>>
Who did it better
>>
>>37177646
I wasn't disagreeing with you, Infact I have the same sentiments about Ludomon. It looks like an over-the-top armored mecha digimon and whatnot but it's actually a seemingly shy animal Digimon with a simple design wearing tons of armor.
>>
>>37177587
>I found no evidence to suggest that that they don't already have rudimentary size differences regardless of how puberty changes things
Find an image of a prepubescent girl with wide hips.

>In a broad sense it is.
A fetish is a sexual interest in objects or bodyparts not associated with sex.
>>
File: Boarmon.jpg (81 KB, 320x320)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>37177659
Phonepostin sry lol
>>
>>37174779
This isn't terrible bait, but because a lot of vpers are going to fall for it, let's break it down.

/vp/ got the board it did because Pokemon was too big to be contained. Just because [your mon franchise] isn't relevant enough to have a /vg/ board doesn't mean you'll get your own.

I mean argue for it if you want, more power to you, but don't expect it to actually work.
>>
>>37177642
WTW is good and all but I'd rather create a /mon/ board from scratch.
>>
>>37177593
>Sunflowmon
Okay.
>Lilamon
Basically human, frills everywhere, pointless details.
>Gaogamon
Star on forehead, gloves, bandages.. back things?
>Dorulumon
Spikes, drills, a forehead protector, fire patterns.
>>
>>37177596
Needs more spikes..
>>
>>37177600
Strongly disagree.

>>37177608
>>37177617
Both of you list a bunch of the least liked designs.
>>
>>37177593
they're still making those types of designs even now.
>>
File: Deputymon_b.jpg (65 KB, 320x320)
65 KB
65 KB JPG
All said...

I'll defend Deputymon til the day I die. This is solid monster design. Wish Pokemon didn't chimp out on guns but what can I do
>>
File: Jesmonx.jpg (62 KB, 320x320)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>37177697
>>
>>37177620
>this has literally never happened. newer pokemon tend to be a little more detailed than older ones, but they still don't look out-of-place.
It's not black and white, some Pokemon stay closer to the original concept than others.

>another cliche that people use to get out of explaining why they don't like something.
Some people maybe, but it can be a very legit criticism.

>hate to break it to you, but humanoids have been part of the pokemon aesthetic from day one.
Correct, but most people don't like them. Mr. Mime and Jynx for example, are disliked by the majority.
>>
File: Gundramon_b.jpg (61 KB, 320x320)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>37177713
Same for Gundramon.

Damn, I love Gundramon
>>
>>37177630
Too many focal points.
>>
>>37177719
Perfect, my eyes are bleeding profusely.
>>
>>37177723
I want the peyote the designer smoked when they designed this 'Mon. It's absolutely incredible
>>
>>37177722
>Some people maybe, but it can be a very legit criticism.
i have literally never seen it used as anything other than a throwaway buzzword.
>>
>>37177723
Is that real? I love it.
>>
>>37177674
>Don't like an idea
>B-bait
No one will force you to read about franchises you don't care or like, as I said you could have general threads like /vg/ but with a more specific genre (the same as /m/ which is not called /eva/, /gunpla/, /voltron/ or whatever). Different and separate generals for the games, tcg's and series of each brand and regular threads for everything else like noob and amateur game designers showing their concepts an demos.
>>
>>37177707
Yet they exist.
>>
>>37177752
You've never seen a Pokemon with too much stuff and patterns tacked on?
>>
>>37177663
>Find an image of a prepubescent girl with wide hips.
https://www.girlguides.ca/WEB/images/ggc-national/interface/225x300-image9.jpg
Find me an article which says they don't have *proportionally* bigger hips from a young age
>A fetish is a sexual interest in objects or bodyparts not associated with sex.
A fetish is a particular interest.
>>
>>37174847
I just want a new fucking Monster Rancher game. Is that too much to fuckin' ask for?!
>>
>>37177776
Everyone makes mistakes.
>>
>>37177753
yes, it's real
https://wikimon.net/Gundramon
>>
>>37177753
not only is he real, he's also in a "group" (the three musketeers) with the ultimate waifumon, beelstarmon.
>>
>>37177783
That girl is basically a plank anon.

>Find me an article which says they don't have *proportionally* bigger hips from a young age
Well, even if there is a slight difference, it's not remotely as big as in Pokemon girls.

>A fetish is a particular interest.
Colloquially maybe, but not medically.
>>
>>37177785
Monster Breeder, a cross between digimon v-pet and the kaiju vmu with monster rancher 2, I wanted this for the Dreamcast and the closest we got was Monster Rancher DS since it was developed by the same people but lost a big chunk of it's identity by doing so. I think it's a loss comparable to the never realized Pokemon 64 RPG.
>>
>>37177824
>That girl is basically a plank anon.
Regardless, if you pay attention, you can see that her hips are ever so slighlty wider than her waist and torso, which was my point all along, not that the hips are objectively "large" or "big" even before puberty---just proportionally and relatively.
>Well, even if there is a slight difference, it's not remotely as big as in Pokemon girls.
Neither are their eyes. Nor their thighs and calves. But everything gets exaggerated in anime, so your point collapses.
>Colloquially
Yes.
>>
File: monster-breed2.jpg (45 KB, 316x220)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>>37177785
Forgot the pic related.
>>
>>37177855
Well, it's looking like the least shit not-Pokemon I've seen yet.
Post a couple of the best designs for us to judge.
>>
File: monsterbreeder.jpg (43 KB, 640x308)
43 KB
43 KB JPG
>>37177855
Thanks unseen64.
>>
>>37177854
>Regardless, if you pay attention, you can see that her hips are ever so slighlty wider than her waist and torso, which was my point all along, not that the hips are objectively "large" or "big" even before puberty---just proportionally and relatively.
Could be a coincidence, could be her clothing, it doesn't prove any point regardless, she doesn't have a body like the Pokegirls.

>Neither are their eyes. Nor their thighs and calves. But everything gets exaggerated in anime, so your point collapses.
Those are stylistic choices, actual children with child like bodies exist in the Pokemon universe.
>>
>>37177877
>it doesn't prove any point
You wanted a picture that demonstrates my point about girls having proportionally wider hips, which was provided
>she doesn't have a body like the Pokegirls
For reason I've explained.
You're never going to get it, so I'm done talking about this.
>>
File: monsterbreedbeta466.jpg (10 KB, 220x152)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>>37177864
The vmu monster supposedly worked like a digimon in given favorable conditions it could have taken over both markets since the Dreamcast was the beefiest system at the time and the vmu were economical, sold separately and had better technology than the digivice, Tamagotchi etc.
>>
>>37177907
You're drawing this into a petty argument. Pokegirls look like teenagers, not actual 10 year olds. Done too.
>>
>>37177864
Keep in mind that this was an unreleased game in alpha stages and there aren't many designs or at least many worth mentioning.
>>
>>37177940
I didn't read closely and thought it was this "Monster Rancher"
>>
File: monsterbreedbeta04.jpg (61 KB, 640x480)
61 KB
61 KB JPG
>>37177864
Not much to see since it was cancelled and in alpha stage and the aren't many monsters to show but it definitely looked promising.
>>
File: monsterbreedbeta05.jpg (63 KB, 640x480)
63 KB
63 KB JPG
>>37177947
I'm not going to pretend as if all the monsters were perfect, still they have some unusual charm.
>>
>>37177949
Looks like Phantasy Star Online.
>>37177963
>pic related
Not bad, a bit worrying, but not bad
>>
>>37177674
Pokemon was too big to be contained but not big enough to fill an entire board. /vp/ has turned to utter shit. The only thing keeping this place alive when we have no news is disgusting furfaggotry and pedophilia. And when we do have news the only thing keeping this place alive is fake leaks.
>>
>>37174779
>>>/vg//digi/
>>
If the board is about mon collectan/raisan/battlan games/anime/whatever, Pokémon is so big that it would overshadow everything else on the board, but the genre is too small to make a viable board without it. If you style the board more generically, like "/mon/ - Monsters" it will probably attract furries, and 4chan can't have that because the culture is still stuck in the 2003 Something Awful "FURRYS are BAD because they're RAINBOWFAGGOTS" mindset.
>>
>>37178254
/mcg/ Monster Collecting Games
>>
>>37177767
>I said you could have general threads like /vg/
Then go to /vg/.
>>
>>37174847
But how many of these are even relevant enough?
>>
>>37178280
Depends on what /vp/ thinks relevant means, something like RDR2 can be a fad and sales comparisonwise is useless since everything is a flop comparison wise, even huge hitting titles won't make the difference when games make roughly the same sales each year.
>>
>>37174955
Did you forget that 4chan(nel) is not the only place on the internet to discuss vidya games?
>>
oh shit we talking medabots? just finished metabee ver, wish there were translations for the gb games
>>
>>37178278
*Yawn*
>>
>>37179233
>/mon/
*Yawn*
>>
File: images.jpg (21 KB, 300x168)
21 KB
21 KB JPG
>>37179115
We could be pokenazis prefer to act like early 2000s school kids with "muh pokeymanz is more good because is popular". I think there was a translation project going on of Medarot 1 by the same people who did the telefang 1 and 2 English patch and now Spaceworld so remain sit and don't expect to much, Nintendo should've at least ported the classic collection if they released both Metabee and Rokusho for the Wii U eShop...
>>
>>37179249
oh nooooo, your genwars and starterwars threads might have to compete with actual discussions! how horrible!
>>
>>37179288
>oh nooooo, your genwars and starterwars threads might have to compete with actual discussions!
sooooo what /v/ already is?
>>
>>37179293
>/v/
>actual discussions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etBufTl7slc
>>
>>37179249
I'm not a parrot, read the whole damn thread to see why a /ctg/ (collect and training/taming games) board is big enough to be it's own board and a far less excluyent logical step forward from /vp/, which each dry season is filled to the brim with pics of retards cumming/pissing on their plushies, attention whoring fake leaks and more recently with Smash not having certain Pokemon and LGPE is turning into huge shit-tornado with barely any option to have regular discussions.
>>
>>37179293
/ctg/ is a distinct enough genre and pop culture phenomenon to have it's own board. Since yesterday none of you opposers has come up with a thoughtful counterpoint, you just spamming "go to /v/ /vg/ or /m/" is not making an argument and we won't give up so easily even less so with schoolyard level bullying politics.
>>
>>37178879
Did you forget Pokemon isn't the center of the universe and maybe, just maybe, people prefer the anon format instead of handing over more private data about themselves in a forum or site where you have to register?
>>
*yawn* spoken like true incels, not even worth the (You)s
>>
>>37179301
>board is big enough to be it's own board
An /rpg/ board is also big enough to be its own board. Doesn't mean that it should happen.

>which each dry season
There is no "dry season." Go look at ACTUAL inactive boards you retard.

>>37179321
>/ctg/ is a distinct enough genre and pop culture phenomenon
Pokemon is a distinct enough franchise and pop culture phenomenon to have its own board. Which it does. Now fuck off back to /v/ with your lesser irrelevant franchises.
>>
>>37179332
/v/ is right next door anon
>>
>>37179321
>you just spamming "go to /v/ /vg/ or /m/" is not making an argument
It is when you have yet to come up with an actual reason why you can't just go to /v/ or /vg/ instead of ruining the entire point of /vp/.
>>
>>37179353
Maybe the point of /vp/ has changed. Keep denying that things are getting out of hand when all you will be able to browse are genwars, starterwars, "here's why you are wrong about daring to like x" posts, countless crystal clear and kantoonions bs discussions, pokephilia and other waifu threads. Oh wait, that's already happening...
>>
>>37179511
>Maybe the point of /vp/ has changed
But it hasn't. It was made as containment and it still is containment. Every board has its share of repetitive bullshit. No one cares.
>>
>>37179522
Sorry, I forgot pokenazis hate change and love eating repetitive shit. Cultural differences...
>>
>>37179522
well, /vp/ was created out of necessity so i'm just gonna keep discussing other monster collecting games when I feel like it and hope every one else does the same
>>
>>37177289
Let's.
>>
>>37179536
Some anon has posted digimon as critique of fake leaks, the threads was doing fine and was on the top page, mysteriously it has disappeared, you tell me
how and when do we get to discuss about other Mon series if even benign and pokey threads like that get shut.
>>
File: IMG_20181208_082709.png (875 KB, 1080x1402)
875 KB
875 KB PNG
Defend this shit, it's not even clever trolling or funny, I just feel sorry for anyone who stills thinks this board is not on /mlp/ levels of shame.
>>
>>37179616
Normie repellant. We need more of those Bui shitposting walls when the leaks season starts to keep the reddit and resetera faggots out.
>>
>>37179650
In other words selfish entitlement fuel.
>>
>>37179536
>so i'm just gonna keep discussing other monster collecting games when I feel like it
You're free to do that. On /v/.
>>
>>37179697
Clean your territorial pissings, you baddy bad dog.
>>
>>37174825
Yeah, OP! Let us keep our stagnant board filled with furfaggotry, pokegirl and genwar threads!
Fuck other monster raising games even though those threads always offer quality posting before they're inevitably pruned by overzealous jannies.
>>
>>37179740
Yeah! Let's rejoice in eating shit and denying progress and facts even if by doing so we will eventually sink this decade-lasting ship!!! Afterall that is what sane Pokemon fans do around here.
>>
This thread was moved to >>>/qa/2483898



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.