[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon


Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.



File: 1511211554941.gif (314 KB, 800x800)
314 KB
314 KB GIF
>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
>Did you buy LGPE?
>>
Yellow
Hoenn
no
>>
>>37172754
>Pokemon Red, christmas 1999
>Never finished gen 4, 6 and I never played gen 5, or the gen 2/4 remakes
>Nope

Is it worth it to play the games I never played/didn't finish? Both Platinum and Y I stopped playing because there was too much handholding and gifted pokemon and were just way too easy.
>>
>>37172807
Play BW2 and then BW just for the story if it interests you.
>>
>>37172754
>Red/Blue (though personally owned ruby for a short while till it was stolen)
>Unova - Alola all skipped because i didn't have money and pokemon got confusing after hoen.
>Yes, bought LGP
>>
Red, 1999
Didn't finish 4 and all of 6
No, but I might when I get it when I get a switch for 9

Bonus questions that fit the theme of the thread:
>Age?
29
>Favorite Pokemon?
Meowth
>>
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 194x259)
8 KB
8 KB JPG
>Crystal, May 2001
>Black 2, Gen 6 and 7
>Kek
>>
Blue, can't remember what year but it was not that long after release
BW2 (plan to play eventually), HGSS, and gen 6 and 7 because I never got a 3DS
Yes
>>
>>37172754
>ruby, don't remember
>orre
>can't play anything past gen 6 so no
>>
>>37172754
Yellow, 1999
I can not stand gen 6 movement, it completely ruined the game for me and every second is frustrating. I started it then skipped it.
Yeah, I played it and liked it and then returned it for my money back because it only took a week anyways.
>>
>>37172754

Blue Version-- June 1999
Still struggling with the E4 in B/W 1, Haven't played Pokemon Ranger and XY
I don't own a Switch
>>
>>37172754
>Pokemon Blue
>1998
>All of them besides Gen 1
>Yes
>>
>>37173116
I detect an inconsistency here. What is the point of lying about something so meaningless?
>>
>>37172754
>blue, 99
>unova can't keep my attention for anything
>god no
>>
>Pokemon Ruby, 2002
>Skipped gen 6 and 7 despite owning a 3ds because i prefer sprites
>Poorfag with no switch
>>
File: 1543833348186.gif (872 KB, 500x377)
872 KB
872 KB GIF
>>37172754
Blue 1999, was 6 years old and shared the gameboy with older siblings. Didn't finish, but did beat Yellow a year or so later when they lost interest in Pokemon.
Johto and Unova, plan on playing them soon since this board insists HG/SS and Gen 5 are the peak of the series.
Yes. Upset by lack of gambling, actual Safari Zone, no abilities and paywalled Mew, but everything else about it is better than I expected.
>>
>>37173127
Not him, but where's the inconsistency? I think it's pretty common that people who have only ever played Gen 1 when they were kids would get LGPE, which is the ultimate bait for the pokemania crowd.
>>
>>37173231
Because if you got LGPE then you didn't just play gen 1.
>>
>>37173291
>what is the intended audience
this game is literally for people who only played gen 1
>>
>>37172754
Red in 2000. The last gen i played fully was gen 3, tried gen iv was not impressed, then other games came into my life. (vanilla wow, cod zombies, even the damn BASED mario rpgs). I dont own a switch yet, but am planning on buying one. when i get one, i will not be buying lgpe, as it looks like absolute shit
>>
>>37173309
You arent getting it.
LGPE is targeted at gen 1 players, but it is not a gen 1 game. If you played it, then you've played more than just gen 1. If you only played LGPE and no other games, then you haven't played gen 1 at all. This isn't that complicated.
>>
>>37173309
Except the post that said that got LGPE claims it has played since gen 1, so it is very bullshitty that he bought LGPE since USM and ORAS are better than it.
>>
>>37173309
It is for people who played gen 1, but once you play it then you've played two different generations of pokemon.
>>
>>37172754
silver, some where between 03 and 04.
everything after the sinnoh region is fake and gay, also am poorfag.
refrence the former statement.
>>
>>37172754
Silver, Christmas of 2000
None
No

Also my top 3 favorite Pokemon are Groudon, Cradily, and Cloyster
>>
gold, 2001
no. i was tempted to skip gen 6 though
no
>>
Emerald
Only skipped SuMo
No
>>
>Red/99
>unova, alola
>no
>>
>>37172754
>Pearl, Christmas 2006
>RYB
>no
>>
>>37172754
>Blue, 1998 I think
>Working on Alola in Ultra Moon right now, otherwise N/A
>No
>>
>>37172754
>Yellow
>Gen 4, 5 and 7
>no
>>
>>37172754
>Diamond, 2007
>None
>Fuck no
>>
>>37172754
Sapphire, 2003. I was a digimon-kid.
None, although I haven’t finished red version to date.
No.
>>
>>37173505
>>37173553
>I have never skipped a pokemon game
>"ok next question, did you skip THIS pokemon game?"
>yes, absolutely.
Fucking retards.
>>
>>37172754
>red and blue in 99
>nope
>nope
>>
>>37173563
Why is this thread too fucking complicated for everybody here? Seriously?
>>
>>37173558
OP is clearly saying Gens or regions, and LGPE is Kanto and Gen 7, retard.
>>
>>37173613
Nice try covering up your asinine mistake with more asinine backwards logic, but it doesn't hold up. If you didn't play LGPE then you skipped a game and didn't finish a generation. Its fucking stupid for the same reason "I only played gen 1, and yes I did buy LGPE" is fucking stupid.
>>
>>37172754
>Ruby - honestly can't remember what year but somewhere around 2006 maybe
>Haven't skipped any but haven't finished Crystal, Pearl, or Moon
>No, but considering it
>>
>>37173634
Remakes don't count since they don't bring new content nigger, and before you say it Meltan and Melmetal are available in GO so you don't need Let's Go to own one.
>>
File: tosibprtvk2y.jpg (30 KB, 500x500)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>Must have been Red/Yellow which I picked up around 2000, actively played Crystal though in around 2002
>Did not play anything beyond Gen 4
>No

I am a Genwunner and the first four Generations are goat, I have a special connection to Sinnoh though. Btw, born in 1997.
>>
>Silver
>Never skipped a region but didnt play bw2/platinum
>yes
>>
>>37172754
>red 200X
>gen 2 is too boring to finish
>no
>>
>>37172754
red 1999
none
no
>>
Yellow, 1998. Skipped gen 4, finished every gen but 5, need to go back and play 4 and finish 5. I did not buy lgpe but indo want to get a switch for the 2019 games. I was all aboard the hate train about lgpe but I'll honestly end up playing it eventually. I gots the OCD.
>>
>>37173655
>remakes don't count because I say so
They're pokemon games. Get over it.
>>
This thread is a disaster. /vp/ is nothing but idiots.
>>
>>37173698
Says the village idiot.
>>
File: 90s.gif (89 KB, 500x500)
89 KB
89 KB GIF
>>37172754
28 year boomer here
>Pokemon pearl in 2007
>none
>I bought it in second hand just for Meltan in case it were the only way to obtain them (like manaphy and his godamn egg)
>>
>>37172754
Yellow/Stadium, 99
none
no
>>
>>37172754
Crystal, 2002
None
No
>>
>>37172754
Blue, '98-'99 I think.
Can't find the willpower to finish S/UM
Hell no.
>>
>>37172754
>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
Red, 1998

>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
As boring a slog as S/M and especially US/UM for not really changing anything or making the changes the did make mean anything none of them. This is why I've got about 65K hours in the series - I own all of the games, multiple copies of each, and save console games which I never wanted the system for to possibly play because fuck knock off PCs, played on average 8 hours a day until S/M sloggery.

>Did you buy LGPE?
No.
>>
>>37172754

Blue 1998
none
No
>>
>Pokemon Blue in 1998
>XY and USUM played around a year after release, but no gen skipped
>Heck no
>>
Hoen and its UK launch date
LGPE’ kanto
And no
>>
>>37172754
>Fire Red
>5 and 7
>Yea
>>
>>37173989
Read that wrong. I didnt buy LGPE, I read it as if it asked if I skipped LGPE.
>>
Red '98
None
Yes
>>
Blue, early 1999 or so.

None

I had a $20 Target gift card and Employee discount(15% with redcard). I figured why not. I regret it because even ignoring shitty catching mechanics/Kanto roster only, it's empty with little to do.
>>
>>37172754
Red, 2001
Everything after Sinnoh
Technically I should be the target audience for LGBT, but no.
>>
>>37172754
Red, summer 1999
finished all
i did not, i do play it on my own save using my roomie's game tho.
will prolly get gen8 next year if the trailers look promising unlike lgpe.
>>
>Pearl, 2007, though i used to play yellow and colloseum/gale of darkness on my older brothers gameboy and gamecube
>played every gen
>too poor for a switch, even then gen one is not my fav so ill pass even if i do get a switch
>>
>>37172754
>Silver '01
>Skipped the entirety of Gen 5 because I thought I was too old for Pokemon. And I skipped Kalos.But I eventually went back and completed both.
>No. And don't plan on doing so.
>>
>>37172754
Soul Silver
Kanto
no
>>
>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
Pokemon red, 1999
>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
None, I played through all of them
>Did you buy LGPE?
Yes
>>
>>37172754

>Pokemon Blue in 99. Got it alongside my own game boy color
>Hoenn and Sinnoh goes unexplored
>pfffft... shit no!
>>
>>37172754
First physical game: Yellow.

I played Red on my computer first, as Australia was still slow to import back then and by the time I could, Yellow was announced.
>>
>>37172754
Blue, 2000
Played every main series game and some spin offs
No
>>
File: Archie_matt_realniggas.png (122 KB, 675x674)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
Gale of Darkness. I dont remember the year, but it was before 2009.
>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
I've beaten them every game and every region. If were going by which game I've finished the LEAST amount of times, its tied between Sun and White 2.
>Did you buy LGPE?
No, but my brother told me he is going to buy my LGPE Eevee for christmas.
>>
>Crystal in 2002, I got a GBA and crystal for my birthday,
>I never played B/W2, but I played modded version on an emulator later on.
>Yeah, I enjoyed it as a basic framework for where they intend to take the next gen games.

That being said, they kind of wasted the wow factor of a new console on LGPE, the new Gen is really going to have to stand out as far as content goes.
>>
>>37172754
Sapphire in 2004
N/A
I bought it off a friend who tried it, but it has yet to arrive. Looking forward to laughing at it, will probably write a review of it in post.
>>
>>37173658
Sinnoh sucks ass also kill yourself frogeposter
>>
Christmas 98 with blue
Skipped b/w and sun and moon
Got let's go eevee in the bundle cause I liked the color of the consol trying for a living dex for the first time but not sure how to get metlan since my phone sucks
>>
>>37172754
>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
Blue, 2000.

>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
Never skipped a Gen.

>Did you buy LGPE?
Of course not.
>>
File: 1514042149523.png (2.73 MB, 1024x1820)
2.73 MB
2.73 MB PNG
>>37172754
Blue, 1999
Unova (at first, I went back to finish White/White 2 in between gens 6 and 7)
No
>>
>>37173335
>so it is very bullshitty that he bought LGPE since USM and ORAS are better than it.
They aren't
>>
>>37172754
>>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
Pokemon Blue, 2000
>>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
how tf do I know about the ones I missed
>>Did you buy LGPE?
no
>>
Yellow/1999
None
Yes, LGE
>>
>>37172754

>Red, 2000?

>Gen 6 onwards

>No and never will
>>
>>37172754
>Pearl, 2006 because I lived under a rock
>G/S/C because these game bored me to death Gen 1 at least had all the glitches and I have some sort of nostalgia with it because I grew up with the earliest anime seasons
>I did not waste 60 dollars for GFs attempt to test waters with the switch
>>
Platinum, 2009
Kanto, Unova, Kalos
No
>>
>>37172754
>White 2011
>None
>Nope
>>
>>37173036
>Skipping the best game in the series
What’s wrong with you anon?
>>
>>37172754
>diamond 2008
>Never played gen 6
>No
>>
Pokemon Gold, 2000
Only played Sapphire and Heart Gold since then, skipped everything else
Did not buy LGPE
>>
File: 1544070188109.jpg (47 KB, 703x478)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>blue. The year it released in Canada, so 1999
>gen 3, including FRLG.Never got the gen 2 remakes, either, despite getting Platinum. Played at least one version of each generation outside of 3
>yep
>>
File: wooper.jpg (31 KB, 310x500)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
-21
-Technically my first were yellow and red although I was too young to know anything so I count silver as the game I actually understood what was going on and my actual first.
-I almost skipped Platinum and UM but both are games I barely could finish and didn't care about their post credits portion although I liked the revamped battle zone and maybe I give Platinum a second chance.
-I'd rather I bought LGE instead of LGP but yes.
-Favorite pokemon: Woopper line, sneasel line, trapinch line, phanpy line, tyrogue line and cyndaquil line also I don't give a fuck about your power or autistic charts so you can save your monologues.
>>
>>37172754
-Pokemon Yellow. ~2002

-Basically everygen besides the Johto league in HGSS, and the Kalos league.

-I'd rather buy 60 dollars of beans than spend that on LGPE. And I hate beans.
>>
>>37172754
>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
Red and gold at the same time in 2000 when my family could finally afford a gameboy for me
>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
haven't skipped a generation, though I got B/W really late because I was moving overseas at the time and my life was hectic
>Did you buy LGPE?
Nor have I skipped a single spinoff if I could find the game, why would I start now?
>>
>>37172754
>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
Red 1999

>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
Didn't finish USUM

>Did you buy LGPE?
No
>>
>>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
Red, 1999 or 2000 idk
>>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
4 and 5.
>>Did you buy LGPE?
Yes. Eevee. Still haven't finished it.

Planning on playing Black or White once I'm done with it.
>>
File: 2ymCmzv.png (85 KB, 1299x950)
85 KB
85 KB PNG
>>37172754
R/B 2000/2001 on pc emulation
everythign after gen 3
no
started to play ss for nostalgias sake and found this mother fucker.
to bad il never use him.
>>
>>37172754
Blue
Played and finished them all but lgpe
>>
>>37172754
>first gaem
Blue (98?)
although the first game I actually owned was Silver, I played Blue on a friends gayboi

>skipped
no gen

>didn't finish
Moon. I've been at the Elite 4 for like 2 years
>>
File: 1528755903537.png (211 KB, 1300x1000)
211 KB
211 KB PNG
>Yellow, 1998
>5, if not finishing BW2 counts as that
>Fuck no
>>
>>37172754
Yellow, I guess it was 1998
None
No way
>>
File: 1507999240794.gif (601 KB, 320x240)
601 KB
601 KB GIF
>>37172754
>Gold, 2002
>Gen 1
>No
>>
>>37172754
>Sapphire 2003
>Gen 1/2 since I played the remakes, Gen 6 as a whole as it looked like shit
>No and I woudn't play it even if I got it for free
>>
File: Vaporeon refresh.jpg (57 KB, 473x587)
57 KB
57 KB JPG
>>37172754
>first
Crystal in 2001.

>skipped
Easier to just say what I didn't skip: Crystal, Sapphire+Emerald, Diamond, White, X, Stadium 2, and Colosseum 1.

>did you buy lgbt
Fuck outta here, no.
>>
>>37172754
>>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
Yellow, 1999; although I played the ROMS beforehand.

>>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
None. Played them all. However I did hit a bit of a lull around Platinum, which I skipped, but I haven't missed a game since HGSS.

>>Did you buy LGPE?
Not yet.
>>
File: 1478440698419.png (207 KB, 932x901)
207 KB
207 KB PNG
>>37172754
Red, 1999.
None, but I skipped ORAS, USUM and pirated DP, HGSS.
No, altough I'm getting YW3 today.
>>
>Red
>None
>Don't even own a switch
Pirated gen6 and 7, wish I didn't even bother downloading 6.
They don't deserve my money after fucking up so badly
>>
>>37172754
Red, 1999
Played all on/near release
Yes
>>
>Pokemon Red, 1998
>Emerald (at the time, but I went back and played it years later), USUM
>No

Feeling like it'll be time to move on if Gen 8 continues the shitty trends set by Gen 6 and 7. I'll just take my DP remakes and run, I guess.
>>
>im 21 so i got leaf green and ruby around the same time
>never finished xy, sun moon or ultra, or r/s remakes because the artstyle makes me want to vomit
>i got lets go eevee, i really hope they keep the new style for next gen because it looks amazing

I like eevee as comfy nostalgia porn thats nice to look at, but am definitely looking forward to next gen being back to normal.
>>
>>37172754
>Silver, 2001
>never skipped a gen, played my friend's yellow/red versions before
>No and not planning on it until it's cheap preowned
>>
Red way back when it released.

Didn’t finish silver for some reason, might’ve gotten stuck somewhere and just never went back. Skipped gen 4 cause I didn’t like most pokemon designs, though I did finish soul silver. Stopped playing after BW2 cause the 3D games just all looked like shit to me.

No.
>>
>>37174512
stay mad faggot
>>
>>37172754
FireRed -> 2005
Skipped B2W2
Hell no
>>
>>37172754
>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
Pokémon Channel, I don't remember the year. Or Diamond when it came out if we only count main games, I messed around in
RSE/FRLG before Diamond though.

>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
Haven't finished RGBY/FRLG, RSE/ORAS and SM/USUM. Haven't played B2W2 yet.

>Did you buy LGPE?
Lol no
>>
>>37172754
Blue when it released.
Whatever black and white region was.
Yeah, it’s pretty nostalgic I guess. 8/10
I probably wouldn’t have bought it if Blue wasn’t my first game.
>>
leaf green(fuck if i know)
D&P
hell no, would rather save my money and get gen 8 next year
>>
>>37172754
>Fire Red
>5 and 7
>No
>>
>blue, christmas '99
>i've played through all gens multiple times
>i didn't
>>
File: 1530045111346.jpg (94 KB, 500x468)
94 KB
94 KB JPG
>Red
>Gen 7
>Fuck no
>>
File: 1386156647842.jpg (103 KB, 800x817)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>37172754
>Red, 1999
>Never finished gen 6, haven't played gen 7 yet
>No Switch

I'll probably get USUM at some point.
>>
>Pokemon Yellow, circa 2004 through an Emulator
>Never played S/M or US/UM, also never played ORAS past the 2nd gym
>Bought without looking up gameplay, saw gameplay and returned my unopened copy for a full refund
>>
>>37172754
>Pokémon Crystal, 2002
>None, but I played very little of Unova
>No, I don't even have a Switch yet.
>>
>>37172754
Blue '98
All DS games except Diamond
No since my switch is hacked I just downloaded it
>>
>>37172754
Blue, 98
Played 1-7.
Hell no
>>
File: 1535373429468.jpg (278 KB, 1342x1200)
278 KB
278 KB JPG
Pokemon Stadium/Hey You Pikachu, first mainline was either Emerald or Diamond, can't remember. Years were 2001 when I started playing stadium, and 2005/6 when I actually started playing the mainline games.
Played nothing past gen 5, still haven't finished gen 1, 2, or 5. Though I guess I kind of beat gen 1 in a way by beating LeafGreen. I kind of wanted a copy of SoulSilver when it was first coming out but I ended up getting a Wii later on instead.
No.
>>
>>37172807
>Both Platinum and Y I stopped playing because there was too much handholding and gifted pokemon and were just way too easy.
Then ignore >>37172822
Emerald, which you've already played, is as good as it gets for what you seem to want.
You can play Pokemon Colosseum or try and struggle through Battle Revolution instead.
>>
>Red
>Didn't bother with SM postgame after the first set of UB's, skipped USUM
I initially thought about getting Ultra Moon, but since I got bored of Moon really fast in comparison to previous games I figured I'd wait and see how it looks when it comes out and fair enough the "ultra changes" weren't enough to justify it for me.
>No, and don't plan to
After hearing the first proper bit of information about what LGPE was going to be like I knew I wasn't going to enjoy it so obviously didn't get it. I don't mind it existing, but I really hope that the next generation will go back to pre-Gen 6 style games in terms of world design and gameplay.
>>
>>37172754
>Pokemon Diamomd
>None, I played them all
>No, I'm not this dumb and this autistic
>>
>>37177564
>I also started to play pokemon in 2006
>>
>>37172754

> Red, 1999
> None
> Yes
>>
>>37172754
Pokémon Red 1998. I did borrow and play some of Blue before that though.

I've played through all of the core games except some of the versions that are counterparts to ones I've already played. I haven't beaten LGPE yet.

Fuck yes. I own both versions.
>>
>>37172754
>Firered
>Gen 1, Gen 6
>no
>>
>>37172754
>Red
>Forgot the year because I was like 5
>None
>Yup
>>
>>37172754
I got pokemon yellow and silver from my brother when I was around 7-8

I haven't played past white 2.

I don't even own a 3ds, let alone a Switch.
>>
>>37172754
Crystal 2001
None
Fuck no, it's horseshit.
>>
>>37172754
>Pokémon crystal 2005
>None
>Fuck no

Crystal was the first Pokémon game I got at an age where I could be trusted to take care of shit. My parents didn't really care for buying me games so I pretty much just played crystal through both gen 3 and 4. I had a gba that I found near some train tracks but I only ever got yo play red rescue team before it got stolen. Eventually I saved up money and got a ds just in time for the gen 2 remakes. It was kind of amazing seeing how much had changed.
>>
Diamond in 2007 :3 for my birthday with my ds lite.
Finished them all somehow...
No I'm not playing that trash for 60 euros
>>
>>37172754
>Red on day 1.
>none
>hell no
>>
>>37172754
>Blue, 1998
>Finished all of them so far, though have yet to finish USUM (did finish regular SM)
>I don't even have a Switch, but even if I did, no. Paying $60 to play through Yellow GO-style doesn't appeal to me.
>>
File: 1528040258226.gif (12 KB, 300x300)
12 KB
12 KB GIF
>Pokemon Red, 1999
>Pokemon Black/White 1-2
>Yes
>>
>Silver, 2000
>None, I got my own copy of Blue after playing Silver and played through all the other games as they were released until LGPE
>No
>>
Silver, 2001
None, except usum
No
>>
Blue, I don't remember the year but I assume it was around 99'

I've played every Gen, but I never get the third version (I sould really play bw2 though). Y took me the longest to beat, I just did not give a single fuck about that shitty game.

No I didn't get lgpe, and gen 8 may be my last Pokémon game. I'm getting it because I happened to get a switch as a gift, I play pc so I don't buy consoles so unless I get gifted the next Nintendo platform, I don't see myself going out of my way to get it for Pokémon.
>>
File: 1473470776129.png (115 KB, 540x540)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>37172754
>Fire Red, circa 2006-2007, with Diamond and Emerald shortly afterward
>Alola
>No
>>
Blue. 99 I think.

All but FireRed. I bought a SP exclusively to play it. I've played at least one game from most generations via emulation, but none of them as thoroughly as Blue and FireRed.

Yes.
>>
>The first one I played was Pokemon red on my borther's Game Boy around 2000, The first one I owned was Pokemon Silver around 2001/2.
>I didn't play the Unova & Alola games at all, and never finished Kalos despite getting to the Elite 4.
>I don't even have a switch

LGPE never interested me and I wouldn't have bought it in the first place even if I had a switch. I'd rather wait and hope that the next mainline games are good, even if I have no confidence in Game Freaks competence at this point.
>>
>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
RBY
>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
SMUSUM *didnt finished, its pura garbage, the worst of the series, got them for the collection only)
>Did you buy LGPE?
Yes, its the most comfy and fun of the series, love it.
>>
File: sunkern.jpg (99 KB, 345x345)
99 KB
99 KB JPG
>Blue, Christmas 1998
>Didn't skip any
>No
This is the only right answer, with Blue being able to be substituted for Red. If Japanese, then Red/Green 1996 is the only right answer.
>>
>>37172754
Red 2000
All of them (including Red)
No
>>
>>37172754
>Diamond 2007
>___
>No
>>
Blue, 1998.

I stopped playing after Gold/Silver. Never got into Gen 3 as I became a turbo Gen wunner. Came back a bit after Black and White 2 to play Heartgold. Went back and played all of them and have enjoyed all but Black and White (it was more of a meh experience for me).

Not yet, I don't have a switch yet. If I get one I'll eventually end up buying it.
>>
Blue but it was my cousin's copy. The first game I owned was Silver which I got bundled with a teal green Gameboy Color. I forget the year.

I completed all regions, no spinoffs though.

Yes and I enjoyed it.
>>
>>37181230
>SMUSUM *didnt finished, its pura garbage, the worst of the series, got them for the collection only)
>collection only
You people are part of the problem. Keep buying shit games, and they'll keep making them.
>>
>>37172754
>ruby, 2004 or 5? Not sure
>bw2 unova, whole gen 6 and 7
>cant afford it
>>
>>37172754
>yellow, 1999
>skipped gen 3 but went back a couple years ago. haven't played anything past BW
>no
>>
>>37172754
>Emerald, 2005
>Never played a real Gen 2 game, but I've played Crystal Clear and HGSS
>Yes
>>
>>37172754
>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
>my sister's GBC and copy of Yellow - 2001
>my sister's GBA and copy of Sapphire - 2003
>my sister's GBA SP and copy of Leaf Green - 2005
>my very own DS lite and Pearl - 2007

>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
>only games I've never finished are spin-offs, like PMD, Coliseum, etc.

>>Did you buy LGPE?
No.
>>
>>37181839
Spotted the faggot
>>
>>37172754
Pokemon Red 98
4(playing through diamond atm)6, and 7(haven't finished US yet)
Nope.
>>
>>37172754
Red Version in 1998 or 99 I forget which.
I played up to and including most of gen 4 and not beyond that. I'm considering playing gen 5.
Didn't buy LGPE
>>
>First game/when
Not sure if it was red or yellow. Parents have told me it was red but I don’t remember having it. Either way it was the year it came out
>Gen/region skipped/haven’t finished
I stopped around Emerald. Skipped everything from there to XY. I ave played everything in between and released since then tho.
>Buy LG?
Pirated
>>
>>37172754
>Pearl, 2007 (I started with cards, didn't get into the games until gen 3 ended)
>never finished gen 7
>no
>>
Red, christmas 1999
Didn't play USUM
didn't buy LGPE
>>
>>37172754
>red in 2004
>never skipped a core game
>nope, and never will
>>
>>37172754
Yellow 1996
Didn't play BW2 or US/UM
Yes
>>
>Yellow 2003?
>Never actually touched HGSS but I’ll take everyone word their good considering I like Crystal/Platinum/BW2. Also I got Sun but never finished it.
>Fuck no and I own a switch
>>
>Blue, I think it was in 1999
>none
>no
>>
>>37181839
I was one of those and am fully aware I'm a normie. Pointing it out in a thread that's asking these questions is some top tier autism. You're worse than a normie.
>>
>>37182555
>Yellow 1996
Yellow was released in '98. You don't have to lie because Let's Go was your first Pokemon game.
>>
>>37172754
Ruby, 2003
None
No
>>
File: DDoH7KIUwAAGV71.jpg (11 KB, 210x240)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
Pokemon Yellow, probably 2000 or so
I've finished each gen and their secondary release except for B2W2 and USUM
No but only because I can't justify to myself a Switch purchase in general, if I ever do end up owning one i'd probably get it
>>
>>37172754
>Alpha Sapphire - 2016 ?
>skipped bw2 and xy
>fuck no I'm not retarded
>>
>RB, I was 4 when I first started in 1998
>haven’t skipped a main game
>yep
It’s just not that bad. Definitely not the best game on the switch or even Pokémon but it’s been a while since I enjoyed a Pokémon game on a childish level.
>>
Diamond 2006
Orre
yes
>>
>>37184423
I just read that in Meowth's voice.
Cute, 10/10 would read again.
>>
>>37172754
Emerald - around 2009 on emulator
Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 4.
No.
>>
>>37172754
>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
Gold/Silver, 2001 I think?
>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
I *technically* skipped half of Unova, never bought Black or Black 2, I have White and White 2
>Did you buy LGPE?
No
>>
Blue when it came out
Everything after Gen 3 (currently playing Platin)
No
>>
>>37172754
>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
Red, in 2002.
>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
I've only skipped Ultra Sun/Moon.
>Did you buy LGPE
No.
>>
Pearl 2006
Gens? 1, 2 and 3. The only region I haven't played is Kanto
Nope.
>>
Red 1996
Skipped 4-6 when they came out but came back around, hated sinnoh and kalos for the most part.
Yeah, I’m about 120 hours in but the only thing left to do is finish the shiny dex, kinda bored but at least it was good fun
>>
>>37172754
>Leaf Green
>Hoenn, played up to Elite 4.
>No, but wouldn't turn it down if I got it for christmas if ya know what I'm sayin'.
>>
Red, 1999
Gen5
Not yet, my switch is at my mom's and I'm working on getting my own place
>>
>>37172754
>leaf green, 2004 on muh grasp
>I am finally getting around to finishing alola with the penumbra moon rom hack. Not playing lgpe. May or may not skip the next one if it's as easy as oras and x y
>>
>>37172754
Saphire, 2002
None of the coliseum/spin-off games/regions
Nope
>>
>>37172754

2000, silver, though I'd rented Stadium.

Gen 6, since i had no 3ds and waited for Z, bit then Gen 7 came. I did play smogon a lot though.

People forget that Pokemon seemed done after Gen 2. And lots of us came back, left again, and came back again with FRLG or Emerald. Pokemon seemed like a fad until Gen 3 was completed.
>>
>>37172754
Ruby in 2004
Kalos
No, and I don't plan on getting it
>>
File: 628.png (430 KB, 680x383)
430 KB
430 KB PNG
Diamond
Gen 2, 3, and 5
Hell no
>>
Gen 1 (Blue I think had both eventually)
Skipped none didn't buy USUM
Yes I did it's surprisingly fun and I prefer the grind here to the traditional one and low key hope it stays in spite of it being the main reason I'd not buy
>>
> Blue, 2000
> Kalos but I'm planning to catch up (even if everybody on /vp/ piss on those games)
> I don't have a Switch but in any case I won't waste so much money on a useless nostalgia trip
>>
>Your first pokemon game and the year you got it
Borrowed Red from a friend probably when I was 9 years old. I was retarded and saved over his save file with my own new game thinking I'd be fast enough to get to where he is in like four hours. Owned my own legit Pokemon game around 10 or 11, which was Yellow and then Gold on my birthday the same year.
>Gens/Regions you skipped or haven't finished
I've played and finished every game but I've only played through Gen 4 once. I want to replay it but I immediately remember the fps and sluggish gameplay.

>Did you buy LGPE?
Yeah, I took my time and beat the game in 20 hours then spent another 40 hours just shiny hunting. I plan to just do that while I finish my living dex in USUM since I can shiny hunt in LGPE by just watching for shiny Pokemon to spawn.
>>
Blue (1999)
None (First mainline game I didn't get was Ultra Sun/Moon)
Considered it, in the end chose not to
>>
>>37188013
After Gen 3 a lot of Gen 1-3fags were going through high school shit and probably dropped it until late Gen 5 with BW2 media push or Gen 6 being the first game on the 3DS. I was a casual player just emulating ROMs for Gen 4-5 with no real investment into the series (just beat the game then leave) until I saw BW2's trailer. It reignited my friend and I's Pokefever. Although Showdown was what kept us playing well into Gen 7.
>>
>>37172754
>blue, 1999 (in Italy it came out that year)
>none
>no but I don't hate it
>>
>>37173658
>I have a special connection to Sinnoh though
This reeks of furryposting.
>>
>>37172754
red 1998
came back for gen 5 and skipped everything after gen 5
absolutely not

as an added bonus pokemon mystery dungeon was was brought me back to the franchise
>>
wasn't interested in the games only anime
>Diamond, 2007
>None, wen't back and played them all
>No, had Ultimate preordered and LG didn't seem interesting



Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.