[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vp/ - Pokémon

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

File: 1520259426808.jpg (109 KB, 964x766)
109 KB
109 KB JPG
ITT: Things you only just now realized.

>Lugia caused the storm that killed the beasts.
>>
>>37172715
You are a fucking retard OP, they died in the tower fire in the burned tower and Ho oh revived them, you imbecile
>>
>>37172734
How was the fire started?
>>
File: 1530619361664.jpg (71 KB, 1024x804)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
>>37172734
>they died in the tower fire in the burned tower
And guess what caused the tower to burn in the first place???
>>
>>37172748
Ho oh with his sacred fire you fucking idiot
>>
>>37172743
>>37172748
A lightning.
Pretty sure it has nothing to do with Lugia.
Even Ho-oh has nothing to do with it.

A lightning (Raikou) caused a fire (Entei) extinguished by a rain (Suicune).
>>
>>37172779
You are fucking retarded the beasts were born from the fire, they didn't cause it
>>
>>37172757
No you fucking retard. Ho-oh is never said to have damaged anything, while every single PokeDex entry says Lugia chooses to live underwater because flapping it's wings blows houses apart and causes storms.

>Gold: It is said that it quietly spends its time deep at the bottom of the sea because its powers are too strong.
>Silver: It is said to be the guardian of the seas. It is rumored to have been seen on the night of a storm.
>Stadium 2: It is said that it quietly spends its time deep at the bottom of the sea because its powers are too strong.
>Ruby/Sapphire: Lugia's wings pack devastating power - a light fluttering of its wings can blow apart regular houses. As a result, this Pokémon chooses to live out of sight deep under the sea.
>Emerald: Lugia is so powerful even a light fluttering of its wings can blow apart houses. As a result, it chooses to live out of sight deep under the sea.
>D/P/Pt: It sleeps in a deep-sea trench. If it flaps its wings, it is said to cause a 40-day storm.
>Black/White: It slumbers at the bottom of a deep trench. If it flaps its wings, it is said to cause a 40-day storm.
>ORAS: Lugia's wings pack devastating power — a light fluttering of its wings can blow apart regular houses. As a result, this Pokémon chooses to live out of sight deep under the sea.
>>
>>37172715
Might be just because of how bland and boring it is but i didn't realize Heatproof was a signature ability until recently
>>
>>37172779
I didn't say they caused it, you polite person.
I'm saying that what they transformed into is based on each step of that disaster.
>>
>>37172779
Lightning from a storm. And then Lugia fled because its power killed some guys.
>>
>>37172743
Good question, considering Lugia doesn't naturally learn anything that could have caused something like that to happen
>>
You are all so stupid. The cause of the storm was never stated anywhere in GSC or HGSS.
>>
>>37172743
Naturally occurring lightning.

Lugia fled, thinking erroneously that it caused the disaster, and the force of its wings is what kicked up the storm that put an end to the fire. Lugia actually did nothing wrong.
>>
>>37172715
Reshiram and zekrom are technically aliens
>>
>>37172743
Masketta man
>>
File: images (2) (3).jpg (5 KB, 234x215)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
i think we're all missing something

>who were the three pokemon who were kill in fire

I've heard jolteon flareon and vaporeon but idk if i buy that
>>
File: a0c.gif (1.47 MB, 540x304)
1.47 MB
1.47 MB GIF
>she really likes that cheese!
>>
I think a lot of people here are confused.
The actual story:
Lightning struck the tower, the tower was set on fire, it started raining, the fire went out. (I seem to recall the detail that the fire or the rain lasted three days - can't remember which. Not important, though.)
The only living things that died in the fire were Raikou, Entei and Suicune. Ho-Oh revived them and, in the process, gave them powers that *represented* the event - Raikou was given the power of the lightning that struck the tower, Entei was given the power of the fire that burned it and Suicune was given the power of the rain that doused it. That's what >>37172779 was getting at - obviously the Beasts didn't cause the fire, but they do embody those aspects of it in canon. (Fun fact: that's also the reason the Pokédex orders them Raikou -> Entei -> Suicune - it's the order of those elements in their story.)
This also implies that they couldn't have been the Eeveelutions, because the point is that they DIDN'T already represent lightning, fire and rain - people often cite that similarity as proof of the theory, but it's actually pretty strongly implied that it's the opposite of what happened. (That said, there's technically nothing proving that they weren't regular Eevee given Ecruteak's affinity for them... but I'm not personally sold on that. Personally, I really don't think they were ever meant to be any *specific* existing Pokémon before they were reborn, any more than, say, Keldeo was supposed to be a Ponyta that got transformed by the Swords of Justice - obviously Keldeo didn't have Justified or Sacred Sword before it learned from them, so obviously it was somehow different before they took it in, but that doesn't mean it was anything we know about or ever will.)
>>
>>37172829
we didn't deserve the RS pokedex entries.
>>
>>37175601
RSE and SM/USUM had god tier dex entries. Much better than the copy paste shit they've been doing all across 4th to the 6th gen.
>>
>>37175550
Cringe.
>>
>>37176653
cringe
>>
>>37172715
I just realised that Remoraid and Mantine are supposed to live in symbiosys but they were on different routes in johto

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.