[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vr / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / asp / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / wsg / wsr / x] [Settings] [Search] [Home]
Board
Settings Home
/vip/ - Very Important Posts

Name
Spoiler?[]
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File[]
Draw Width Height
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.

05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
06/20/16New 4chan Banner Contest with a chance to win a 4chan Pass! See the contest page for details.
[Hide] [Show All]

All work safe boards are now on the 4channel.org domain. Make sure to update your script blockers and whitelist the new domain.

There's now a setting option under Navigation to display the full list of boards on 4channel.org

The 4chan Vtuber Competition is over. Click here to see the winning entry!

So I’m happily posting away on 4chan when suddenly I get an error message that MY 4chan pass is being used by another IP?!

When I went to sign back in I got this error message:

“This Pass is already in use by another IP. Please wait 08 minutes and re-authorize by visiting this page again to change IPs.”

How the hell is the 4chan pass _I paid for_ being used by another IP?! Sent off an email but haven’t heard anything back yet.

WTF?
>>
Your ip address must've changed.
>>
File: Screenshot.png (129 KB, 716x362)
129 KB
129 KB PNG
No this is happening to me too. I am only logged into one computer and long been logged out of my phone. Even changed to a static IP.

Can't even get a few posts in. I'm not logged out ANYWHERE else, this is a problem on 4chins end for sure. I'm not OP btw.
>>
>>86460
Are you getting it when manually posting or just from 4chanx?
>>
File: Screenshot2.png (24 KB, 802x266)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>86461
Either float window or post a reply up top. This just started happening today. Even in less than 14min it will let me in.
>>
>>86462
Then just logs me out, lucky to even get a post in.

Just logged me out again
>>
>>86461
>manually posting or just from 4chanx

OP here and I don't know what that means?

I was posting as normal and I haven't cleared my history or shut down the computer in weeks, when suddenly I got the same message as this anon >>86460 and when I clicked on [More Info] and went to sign back in, got the message I mentioned here >>86458
>>
>>86462
Odd. Some people on other boards have said they've been getting told they've been banned when trying to post but the banned page is saying they're not. Makes me think theres a server issue.
>>
I'm getting this issue too. Annoying as hell.
>>
This is fucking gay.
>>
Is it good yet
>>
>>86470
Testing if It still logging out . I think it might be fixed.
>>
>>86458
>>86464

Got a reply from 4chan Pass Support this morning;

“This message is normal. It occurs when you have rapidly changed IP addresses. It does not mean that someone else is using your 4chan Pass, merely that your IP address has changed more than once in a 15 minute interval. This is common when you are using 4chan while moving between cellular towers.”

I only had the problem crop-up on time and as of this morning, it’s working normally but I’m posting using my desktop computer thru Xfinity cable tv ISP, not a cellphone, so…
>>
>>86475
me too senpai. in NJ using xfinity blast, not on a cellular tower whatsoever. Sounds like a cop out response.
>>
Happens to me if I'm using my home WiFi and 4G network at the same time. The different ip addresses must set off some security anti-features.
>>
File: pm2_047.png (44 KB, 640x480)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>86490
>>86475
They specified that the time window is 15 minutes. You can check your logs to see if they're right.
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/3ccbdab0-68f0-46ed-b0d0-ca003e35c440/ip-address-change-eventlog-in-windows-system?forum=winservergen
And if so, you can call your ISP demanding an explanation if it keeps happening. Even if it's your modem, that's their equipment failing. It's not an unreasonable demand, either. Lots of online services demand at least moderate stability.
>>
>>86458
Mi e does it all the time and these cocksuckers never respond

Wait until u get fake bamd newfriend
>>
I got this a couple months ago. I assumed someone hacked my PIN, so I got another. Stopped after that. No, I have never used a phone to browse 4chan, ever, only go here on home desktop hardwired to cable
>>
Your ISP changes your IP address all the time....... it's one reason why it's difficult to host a website from your home......

Try having to use a VPN in China daily and forgetting whether you signed on with it or without it, and constantly getting that fucking message all the time, fucking annoying.....
>>
>>86458
Fuck this retarded shithole. Happens to me at least 15 times a day for about half an hour or so at a time. I just save shitposts in the memo app and copy paste when these cocksucking fucking faggots fix their shit.

Glad o pay $20 a year to log in and out and beg for unband from fake fucking bans all day...

>nb4 leave

NO U!

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.